"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sent to the SR. A realm last night by a bunch of **** who think they're entitled to the whole width of Autopolis despite being in a pack of slow moving Toyobarus, but that just meant I was suddenly starting first and second; 5 clean races and 4 victories and a new fastest in-race lap time of 2:12.993 later I'm back to S... DR went up for the day too. :cheers:

I'd even be fine with the Clio. I do have a little bit of nostalgia, because that was the race when I first bought the game in the fall.

Next week:

Goodwood Motor Circuit
5 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N200 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Low SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Sports: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR3 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Nürburgring GP
9 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x7 Tire Wear: x8 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 7 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

And the week after:

Tsukuba Circuit
7 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N100 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Sports: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

AUTOPOLIS INTERNATIONAL RACING COURSE
10 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GRX / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x3 Tire Wear: x15 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Grid Start with False Start Check
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 7 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Those do all look fairly good. It would be nice to get a different car at goodwood, but i gotta admit I'll be ok with the clio again. It's a good combo and at least it hasn't been done to death like some of the others we see.

After getting all worked up earlier i went to run laps. Decided to finaly try the trophy on the sardengna and trimmed about .4 from my moostang time. I just can't get that track down yet. Back to mount P and got my time down to a 3.523 in the '11 m3. Really like pushing up my friends list in a car you rarely see used. With a perfect lap i might be able to push a low 3 with this car. After i feel like I've done the best i can with this car, I'll try the gtr. I also love using this car cuse it's the same generation as my e91

I'd even be fine with the Clio. I do have a little bit of nostalgia, because that was the race when I first bought the game in the fall.

Next week:

Goodwood Motor Circuit
5 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N200 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Low SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation

KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR3 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Pit Regulation

Nürburgring GP
9 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x7 Tire Wear: x8 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation

And the week after:

Tsukuba Circuit
7 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N100 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Pit Regulation

AUTOPOLIS INTERNATIONAL RACING COURSE
10 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GRX / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x3 Tire Wear: x15 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Grid Start with False Start Check
Pit Regulation
6 repeats :confused: :lol:
I did the math a while back, and I think it came out to something like 28,000 possible car/track combos.
I guess PD hates about 27,950 of them. :grumpy:

I did the math a while back, and I think it came out to something like 28,000 possible car/track combos.

Can't we crowd source this stuff? Like put up a poll for one of the races each week. That'd get us some twisted combos for sure.

Someone must like these tracks. Tsukuba is at least once a month, Autopolis is alternating weeks, and a version of the Nurb is every other week as well. I don't mind Tsukuba (I think because it's short...? maybe?) but I'm not a fan of Autopolis or any of the Nurb offerings (GP because its a punt fest, and the other variants because I don't have the time to learn a track where each lap is at least 8 minutes).

Edit: Even if they want to focus on race cars, I've been playing since mid-October, and the only Gr 1 week was at Le Mans, and I think there's only been one Gr 2 (at Autopolis).

Gr.4 Brands hatch twice in under a month. Love that combo but this is just ridiculous now, especially when you look at those numbers.

Quick fun facts about the dailies in 2019:

We had Monza once all of 2019, and it was a race C.

Race B has only featured a car above Gr.3 once, and that was GR.2 at Dragon trail.

We only saw a car above N400 used once in any daily, that was the Rx-7 Tuning week at Tsukuba. According to KP, that was also the second lowest count of Weeky Active Players in Sport Mode in 2019 :lol:.

Conclusion: this really can't be that hard can it?

Gr.4 Brands hatch twice in under a month. Love that combo but this is just ridiculous now, especially when you look at those numbers.

Quick fun facts about the dailies in 2019:

We had Monza once all of 2019, and it was a race C.

Race B has only featured a car above Gr.3 once, and that was GR.2 at Dragon trail.

We only saw a car above N400 used once in any daily, that was the Rx-7 Tuning week at Tsukuba. According to KP, that was also the second lowest count of Weeky Active Players in Sport Mode in 2019 :lol:.

Conclusion: this really can't be that hard can it?
@sturk0167 once tried a random combo generator. Some of those races would have had 0 people by the end of the week. :lol:

+ goes and checks the DRWF thread and sees SuperFormula at Tsukuba as the Bonus race..... Shouldn't have made fun of sturk. :lol:

Last edited:
@sturk0167 once tried a random combo generator. Some of those races would have had 0 people by the end of the week. :lol:

+ goes and checks the DRWF thread and sees SuperFormula at Tsukuba as the Bonus race..... Shouldn't have made fun of sturk. :lol:
We should definitely use the RNG for bonus races at some point. 👍

I just tried doing some race A qualifying with MCA's ghost. It's pretty pointless. That little red Subaru just runs away like a scared rabbit, and doesn't want to race me. :indiff:

I'll pass on Brands Hatch unless... We get a GT4 Supra in the next update. ;)

FINALLY! I'm "very excite".:D A Gr.4 Race C! I actually race this combo offline(15 minute Custom Race).

Supra will be sweet on the tight turns. I'll say it'll be similar to how the Slophy and Supra are competitive at the current tracks(Brands Hatch and Sardegna).

Getting absolutely rinsed in S/A rooms, like qualifying bottom 3 of 20 with entire room A or A+. I have found that pitting helps, you lose 4 to 5 seconds and it's very easy to make that up, plus the guys in front see you gaining and make mistakes.

One thing i do capitalise on is the close running of the guys in front, often there is a bit of a train as pace is very even and i cannot quite hang with them but as they bump each other I pick them off. I managed to finish 12th of 20 once despite having the slowest fastest lap.

In this company, I am giving up a SOLID 7/10ths through the cutting. If i go tight i am slow, if i go wide i push into the wall. NFI what I am doing wrong but I am being eaten alive through there. I am losing about half second through the 3 fast left handers across the top, I suspect it's because i am likely one of the only guys with a controller and it has inherent understeer compared to a wheel.

I am likely done for the week, enjoyed it overall.
I'll tell you, a pit stop is a good option. Maybe even a late one. That impromptu one I did around lap 5-6, paid off immensely. Think I'll try it in the 6:30am race right now.

I'll pass on Brands Hatch unless... We get a GT4 Supra in the next update. ;)

FINALLY! I'm "very excite".:D A Gr.4 Race C! I actually race this combo offline(15 minute Custom Race).

Supra will be sweet on the tight turns. I'll say it'll be similar to how the Slophy and Supra are competitive at the current tracks(Brands Hatch and Sardegna).

I'll tell you, a pit stop is a good option. Maybe even a late one. That impromptu one I did around lap 5-6, paid off immensely. Think I'll try it in the 6:30am race right now.

I think the penalty for a pit stop is only about 3 seconds.

We should definitely use the RNG for bonus races at some point. 👍

I just tried doing some race A qualifying with MCA's ghost. It's pretty pointless. That little red Subaru just runs away like a scared rabbit, and doesn't want to race me. :indiff:
To be fair, I'm scared of everyone. :(

AH YES, Brands Hatch with Gr. 4! It has been a very long two weeks since we last had that combo! I miss it so much!!! :grumpy:

Last edited:
I think the penalty for a pit stop is only about 3 seconds.
Yeah, I did find it surprising, when I only lost one position leaving pit exit. Also, pulling away from 9th(before I had to serve that 7 second penalty).

I'm starting on pole.:lol: Decisions decisions.
EQMlgNTVUAAH2-5.jpeg

Edit: That sucked. I give the 2nd place C7 room at T2 and I go wide. I'll just block the inside from now on. Anyway, The Aston lets me pass on the inside of the kink at Conrod, twice, and I'm unsettled with that trajectory.

Pit lap 5. Spend 3 laps behind that AMG GT4 as it blocks. I don't shove it or force anything. Lap 8, it's wobbling now. At the famous The Cutting Room floor, it happens(a lot to players when tyres are worn). Wobble wobble wobble, leaves the door open, I'm in there and gone.

I was losing nearly 4 seconds a lap being behind that AMG. I got Fastest Lap, but still. That Ford GT gets ahead of the C7. Going to try again.

Attachments

• EQMqgfFUUAAmAgl.jpeg
    EQMqgfFUUAAmAgl.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I posted a few days ago I didn't want to retaliate anymore because other people get caught up in the mess also. I just wish, like everyone else, that PD would do something about it. But that's like wishing to meet some old spinster with ten classic cars in her garage and just wants me there to help her spend her money. THERE IS ALWAYS A CATCH! :)

Yeah, I did find it surprising, when I only lost one position leaving pit exit. Also, pulling away from 9th(before I had to serve that 7 second penalty).

I'm starting on pole.:lol: Decisions decisions.
View attachment 888828

If you've got a four second gap it's a no-brainer. If it drops you back in to traffic I wouldn't (which is why trying to do it when running from the back is very difficult indeed). Given how much time you could gain over the mountain and the easy half second you get in the tow for free on each lap, I don't think being near the front on fresh rubber is a bad place to be.

Here's a little diddy for ya. First I get brake-checked on the straight. Then comes the road rage as if I should dare to pass him. It's his track and I should know that! :)

We should see the usernames... The "player" in the mustang should be in _every_ kind of ban list. And no, it is not shaming. He/she intentionally did every effort to be famous of his/her behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back