"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the amount of GT-Rs and said, "Nah". No stop.:lol:

Tyres held up and I was actually fastest on my last lap, until Sulman and the Dipper. Lost a couple tenths to my FL.
EQMxS_9U8AAVXe5.jpeg
EQMziZBUcAEVFdx.jpeg

We should see the usernames... The "player" in the mustang should be in _every_ kind of ban list. And no, it is not shaming. He/she intentionally did every effort to be famous of his/her behaviour.
Names can be in videos - they don't get crawled by search engines, and even if they did it's YouTube's problem - but not typed in posts.

I'd even be fine with the Clio. I do have a little bit of nostalgia, because that was the race when I first bought the game in the fall.

Next week:

Goodwood Motor Circuit
5 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N200 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Low SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Sports: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR3 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Nürburgring GP
9 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x7 Tire Wear: x8 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 7 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

And the week after:

Tsukuba Circuit
7 Laps 12 Players Car(s): N100 | Specially Provided Car BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Sports: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Weak Start: Grid Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Sports: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
4 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

AUTOPOLIS INTERNATIONAL RACING COURSE
10 Laps 20 Players Car(s): GRX / ONE MAKE | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: x3 Tire Wear: x15 Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Grid Start with False Start Check
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 7 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None
Next week:
-Goodwood: Wow I forgot that track existed. We probably won't see it again in the Dailies for the rest of the year...
-Yamagiwa and Gr. 3: YES! FINALLY! My favorite road course in this game is back!
-Nurb GP: We JUST did this...:grumpy:

Week after that:
-Tsukuba: See previous comment (but what else is new)...
-Brands Hatch: See prev...oh nevermind...
-Autopolis: It's gonna be the Super Formulas. Watch. And you'll probably only be able to use 1 of them. I might actually enjoy this though. However, WE'RE ALREADY DRIVING THIS TRACK THIS WEEK.

75% of the tracks in this game have weeds growing through the concrete at this point...

Last edited:
Did a quick test. Full throttle, no conserving.
IMG_20200208_083220.jpg

Supra feels real good. Lots of grip. Did a pit stop for fuel(had 0.7laps left, filled to 3.2laps) wasn't going to make it. Fitted fresh tyres to keep going full throttle.

By lap 5, I done my fastest lap. Was going faster again before I pit. Tyres looked pretty much how the new ones look at the end of the test. Could just pit for fuel only(next test).

Will be an interesting race. I'm only focusing on this car, but wonder how AWD cars will go next week.

Most of the time, I want to be nice to people out on the track. Sometimes it seems like I shouldn't bother.

At the start of the race, at turn 1, I screwed up and went a little wide, and bumped another fellow, who I didn't know.
It wasn't bad at all. He didn't even go off the track.

If it were a friend of mine, he'd know it wasn't malicious. But, like I said, I didn't know him, and thought it was a good idea to establish good relations with the folks I meet out there. So here's what I did at the end of the race:

I even said I'm sorry in the post-race chat. Guess what I got.......... Total silence. He didn't even reply. So now I just think he's an asshole.
When you give a gift, it's just nice to at least get a simple thank you or something.

I've slammed on the brakes at the finish line lots of times before, and I suppose I'll stop doing it.
I even did it once for a buddy of mine, because I saw him get knocked off the track by somebody else and wanted to help him recoup at least one of the positions. He was not at all happy with me for doing it.

Friends and strangers both dislike it, apparently.
It's really the only way to give somebody something, within the game.
Stick with ruthlessness, I guess. :indiff:

Last edited:
People need to understand that their tyres are cold when the race starts and really compensate for the lack of grip under braking...
Once I started in 5th and got punted at T1 and 2 all the way to the back..
And then this happened

Reminds me of this clip from June 2018:

I think I got disconnected for a brief period of time and go reconnected again... Never happened afterwards again..

Soo, I did two races in Daily C again tonight.

Race 1: Started in P6. In the next laps I got up to P3 as others made mistakes, but I had a feisty Beetle behind me, pushing hard in the corners but too slow on the straights to get past. Was able to keep him behind until lap 8, when I made a mistake out of turn 1 and spun. Unfortunately I spun in front of him and thanks to the stupid penalty system he got a penalty for it. Sorry again! Fell back to P11.
Had two cars in front of me fighting on the top of the hill, giving P10 a 10 second penalty. Yes, there was contact but I don't think a penalty was necessary there... But he seems to have been very angry towards P9 and coming down the hill in the sharp left turn before the straight he took him out, so I gained 2 places.
In the last lap, I had a Corvette gain a lot in the slipstream on said straight. In the little right turn he passed me with very little to no contact, however he missed his braking point and didn't make the corner at all. What's the consequence for that? Yes, I gained 8 seconds for that! Fell all the way back to P14 or something...
Here's the incident:

For my second race I started in P3. It was a pretty uneventful race at first as I followed the Ford GT and other Supra down. Luckily the guys behind were fighting a bit and lost the slipstream.
Unfortunately for me the Supra got past the Ford GT and that way around they were quicker than before, causing me to lose the slipstream. The guys behind also stopped fighting and the straight line speed of the GTR got them close up very quickly.
At the beginning of lap 8, just as they were very close behind me, there happened something between P1 and P2 in turn 1, giving the lead to me.
On the start of lap 9 the GTR got past me with the same Beetle from race 1 behind me and the formerly P1 Supra in P4.
Coming on to the last long straight the Beetle nearly got past me, luckily the GTR decided to give me the slipstream instead of the Beetle. In the braking zone he was a bit too cautious and I got past him, just as the other Supra outbraked himself and pushed the GTR out. That gave me an unexpected win ;-)

For those who want to watch it, here's the footage:

Conclusion: this really can't be that hard can it?

I think you're right, it shouldn't be. It's ironic that PD used to plan 3 different fresh combos each day without being afraid to experiment before the switch to weeklies.

So with weeks/months to plan ahead, you think we'd have seen a carefully thought out schedule with all tracks having a fair number of appearances, more different cars used and without abandoning N500 - N800 classes.

Instead we're still succumbed to recycled weeks using Autopolis, Maggiore and Suzuka or tracks repeated over a short period of time. Next week is pretty good, it's just the disappointment that follows after.

Most of the time, I want to be nice to people out on the track. Sometimes it seems like I shouldn't bother.

At the start of the race, at turn 1, I screwed up and went a little wide, and bumped another fellow, who I didn't know.

If it were a friend of mine, he'd know it wasn't malicious. But, like I said, I didn't know him, and thought it was a good idea to establish good relations with the folks I meet out there. So here's what I did at the end of the race:

I even said I'm sorry in the post-race chat. Guess what I got.......... Total silence. He didn't even reply. So now I just think he's an asshole.
When you give a gift, it's just nice to at least get a simple thank you or something.

I've slammed on the brakes at the finish line lots of times before, and I suppose I'll stop doing it.
I even did it once for a buddy of mine, because I saw him get knocked off the track by somebody else and wanted to help him recoup at least one of the positions. He was not at all happy with me for doing it.

I like it. 👍

Still stick with the good stuff. I try to make sure I am doing the right thing most of the time. Made more race friends by working to be fair and clean about it than with revenge. I even apologized to one guy and gave him apot back at DTS a few weeks ago when he got caught up in a revenge punt by accident. They were confused, but did remember to thank me.

I think after the penalty disasters with the past few systems and the chaos people aren't sure about how everyone is behaving again.

I for one would love to see a Race A or Race C with the Fiat 500 again. Some time ago there was a Race A with the Fiat 500 at Miyabi, and it was so very enjoyable to me. It's not a fast car, but when you're driving something as small and as light as the little mouse, it's no easy car to handle. It made for some very exciting and close races. I wish that PoDi chose slower cars for more of the "daily" races.

Had this great battle for 1st place with PX7-Rodrigo on Sardegna B, four laps defending nail and teeth. Sure it's just a daily race, but i'm ecstatic because it was a great race against an elite top split driver - Rodrigo is no slouch, very fast and aggressive driver. It's these kind of races that make Gran Turismo worth it. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Last edited:
Had this great battle for 1st place with PX7-Rodrigo on Sardegna B, four laps defending nail and teeth. Sure it's just a daily race, but i'm ecstatic because it's my first victory against an elite top split driver - Rodrigo is no slouch, very fast and aggressive driver. It's these kind of races that make Gran Turismo worth it. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Can confirm: Rodrigo is super fast. Started right behind him in one of last week's races, and he left me behind. :(

Also: Hi Rodrigo. :)

Did a few races at Bathurst in the GTR starting from the rear. Mostly 5th - 10th place finishes had me content considering I purposely hadn't set a qualifying time so I could start from the rear. My last race however, was nearly the best race I had ever driven.

Started in 19th. After the first three carnage filled laps, I was sitting in third, 8 seconds back from 2nd. Caught and passed him on lap 6 but I was still 5 seconds back from 1st. However, he made a mistake and lost 2.5 seconds. I caught him coming through skyline on lap 8, followed him through the dipper and the esses. Got a good run coming out of the elbow and made the pass for the lead down Conrad straight. Then, it happened. While braking for Murray's corner, the guy I just passed for the lead decided to use me as his brake and punted me off into the sand trap. The best part... he didn't get a penalty. I got reset and as this happened at the end of lap 8, there wasn't anything I could do to catch him again. Managed to still finish 2nd, around 4.5 seconds off the lead.

I returned to racing in Sport mode last week and man, I don't miss the horribly inconsistent penalty system. Despite this, it was a decent night of racing.

I know I'm going get a lot of 🤬 for this but at least Race B and C will be decent next week and the week after.
Sure it could be a lot better with different tracks like Red Bull Ring, Monza and so on. But at least they are decent.
Also it feels like PD made a deal with some of these tracks (don't know whether that's possible or not) to feature them more on the weekly races.
Or they are just afraid of having one bad combo and losing more players. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did three straight Race C’s on my alt account with a quali time of 2:03.413 (0.3s off my best in this week). First one was against relatively weak opposition – the next best qualifying lap time was a 2:05.4, I believe. I won that one by well over 20s and even had time to throw in an unforced error at the final corner that cost me 8s.

The second race I started on pole as well, but the Aston behind was close. I slid a bit wide at Griffin’s Bend, and found myself on the inside going into T3, with my front at about the front wheel of the Aston. Now, you *can* get through that corner two abreast, if both cars are willing to cooperate, I’ve done it before. It’s the first lap, no reason to get antsy, and we’re all S-rated on SR.

That, of course, was a naive assumption. Cue the Aston closing the door on me and flying off into the outside wall. They stayed in front, but got a 2s penalty for their trouble. That collision kicked off a whole chain of events, which included the Aston inexplicably brake-testing me at Quarry Corner, and at the end of the first lap I found myself fighting for the lead with another AMG, going side by side into the Chase. Unfortunately, the car got unsettled over the kerb on the inside and I took an excursion into the scenery.

By lap 4, I’d fought my way up to 6th again (and by “fought” I mean “looked on as others flung themselves into he wall on top of the mountain”), but couldn’t find my way past a fighting ‘Vette and the AMG from earlier. The Aston had caught up and, going into the final corner, the inevitable happened… hit from behind and off into the Shadow Realm I went.

After a couple of really good scraps I still managed to finish 3rd, while the Aston, somehow, won the race and took the time out of their busy schedule to look me up on PSN to say, and I quote, “Dirty, pushed me into wall, how you like the karma.”

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Fun fact: I saved the replay, and of course I wasn’t the only victim of that particular driver. They also bumped another AMG at the Chase on lap 2 (and got bumped off the track themselves for their trouble, which was how they ended up behind me again in the first place). Then they launched themselves at a poor, unsuspecting Nissan at the Cutting on lap 3 – made up the spot and got no penalty, of course.

After murdering me, they bumped off another car at the Cutting on lap 5 to take 5th, actually took 4th cleanly, went into 3rd because the car in front pitted, profited from a mistake to go up into 2nd… and then sent the leader into the outside wall at Quarry Corner. And after that, they were not to be seen again.

In the third race I once again started on pole, but had a ‘Vette behind that was very close. I stayed in front and had the advantage in the twisty bits, the Corvette was a weapon on the straights. Unfortunately, they made a mistake or got a penalty on lap 2, and that was very much the end of that. Finished 1st by about 8 seconds, but would’ve loved to have a good fight in that race. My pace was a little bit better overall, I’d say, particularly once I’d found my rhythm after that disruptive second race, but it was a bit of a shame.

Weird. I've not had that experience. People are almost always grateful when I've given spots back. I like to think they'll pay it forward too, when they next make a mistake. Keep being the good guy anyway, doing the right thing has a positive influence on so many people but you'll never know about it. Just don't let the jerks get you down.

I am one of those who will issue a stern "None of that now!" I don't need the charity, and certainly don't "need" more wins, especially if it's from a good and trusted friend. I'd rather have them win, and try to beat them in the next race. Last time I had a friend try to giveback at the end of the race a few weeks ago, I blasted him right across the finish line. If they are a stranger, I will probably take the win, but they will be notified in chat that they don't have to do that.

The reason for his no response post race could be because he's French?

So, a little "Velosophy 101" ( or maybe second level 201 )...
You have to weigh the circumstance and the result. In your particular incident there, you did nothing wrong, and neither did he. It's the first turn of a race at Autopolis, after all. Obviously, you can't slow down to let somebody by at the beginning of the race without disturbing the race rhythm behind you. Doing so only ruins your race, and ruins his race even further, because the wolves will attack. I am a firm believer in CONTINUITY OF RACE. Get on with it, and if you feel the need to redress, do it at a later point where it is safe and efficient for both of you without compromising anybody's race.

But the most important thing to consider, and this is key... is the result. You obviously were faster than the two behind you. Even if there had been no contact in the first turn, the outcome very likely would have been the same, right? There was no criitical mistake, nothing egregious or malicious, and he probably wouldn't have caught you anyway. Maybe give a few wiggles or use your signals to acknowledge, race on, see if he catches up, and deal with it if and when he does.

There are definitely times where it is appropriate to giveback, but not that time. Like I said, it's the first turn at Autopolis, so...

Sure it could be a lot better with different tracks like Red Bull Ring, Monza and so on. But at least they are decent.

I guess decent and "safe" combos but overdone and while I don't have the data, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if it sometimes leads to staleness among players with a drop in numbers. Unless it's really popular combos that are liked and appreciated by many.

I think the main point is I'm sure a number of people would like to see more unique combinations and experimentation again instead of the same ones over and over. It's kind of ridiculous BMB, Northern Isle, St. Croix, Monza and Alsace showed once or twice throughout 2019 while Maggiore appeared 14 times and Suzuka 20 times.

For all I know, maybe this is an unpopular opinion nowadays if people are satisfied with the same races appearing regularly.

Also it feels like PD made a deal with some of these tracks (don't know whether that's possible or not) to feature them more on the weekly races.

I thought about that too or PD are possibly going by internal data to see which combo had a high number of players participating across all regions. I could see that also being the case with certain manufacturers where PD are obliged to fulfill a quota of appearances.

As others have speculated I think PD are focusing on GT7 now.

Whether it's the lack of original tracks, continuously evolving penalty system, limited number of combos or whatever, it just feels like GTS isn't being worked hard by many people.

Given where we are in the life cycle of GTS and the impending PS5 release you have to say they're probably doing the right thing on balance.

I guess decent and "safe" combos but overdone and while I don't have the data, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if it sometimes leads to staleness among players with a drop in numbers. Unless it's really popular combos that are liked and appreciated by many.

I think the main point is I'm sure a number of people would like to see more unique combinations and experimentation again instead of the same ones over and over. It's kind of ridiculous BMB, Northern Isle, St. Croix, Monza and Alsace showed once or twice throughout 2019 while Maggiore appeared 14 times and Suzuka 20 times.

For all I know, maybe this is an unpopular opinion nowadays if people are satisfied with the same races appearing regularly.

I thought about that too or PD are possibly going by internal data to see which combo had a high number of players participating across all regions. I could see that also being the case with certain manufacturers where PD are obliged to fulfill a quota of appearances.
Don't get me wrong, I am one of those many people who want it to be different and not the same tracks, but as long as it is decent I'm kind of okay with it. (Note: I did start to play this game seriously about a few months ago.)

Edit: Thinking about it, when I was playing a lot of PCars2, I used to practice a specific car and track combo for a week or even a couple of weeks and didn't get bored of it.
What I'm trying to say is, I'm driving because of the experience and because I enjoy racing and cars and not because of the combos. If I get bored of it I'll just move on and play with other games.
So as long as it is enjoyable to drive and the combos are decent, I'm fine. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back