"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just not true. I've already proved it false, several times today.

And you passed me in one of Pigems' lobbies with a move from a mile back - at the Red Bull Ring if I remember right - doesn't make you quicker does it?!:D*

There's a reason the top splits are TS050 fests, if the 962 could really compete with the Toyota then they'd be there too - but they aren't. Zocker did some races on his stream, didn't see one 962 in the six line ups and results I flicked through and the only non-hybrid that even got respectable finishes was the Peugeot 908. You can have fun in the 962 in some mid lobbies, and I'll have some with some Group C cars on my alt account no doubt. But my main, when I race in dailies I'm normally in one of the top splits, the 962 would get eaten alive by Toyotas.

And that was my point, the 962 was being paraded as a viable alternative to the TS050, but it's absolutely nowhere near it if you want ultimate race pace. For a 962 to beat a Toyota, the 962 driver has to be much better than the Toyota driver, similar levels and the Toyota will win out - providing there are no mistakes

*The move did make me smile when I saw you going for it. I thought "cheeky 🤬, been in a lobby with him for 30s and already he's launching one up the inside from somewhere in Germany"!!:D Fair play though, you made the corner fine 👍

And you passed me in one of Pigems' lobbies with a move from a mile back - at the Red Bull Ring if I remember right - doesn't make you quicker does it?!:D*

There's a reason the top splits are TS050 fests, if the 962 could really compete with the Toyota then they'd be there too - but they aren't. Zocker did some races on his stream, didn't see one 962 in the six line ups and results I flicked through and the only non-hybrid that even got respectable finishes was the Peugeot 908. You can have fun in the 962 in some mid lobbies, and I'll have some with some Group C cars on my alt account no doubt. But my main, when I race in dailies I'm normally in one of the top splits, the 962 would get eaten alive by Toyotas.

And that was my point, the 962 was being paraded as a viable alternative to the TS050, but it's absolutely nowhere near it if you want ultimate race pace. For a 962 to beat a Toyota, the 962 driver has to be much better than the Toyota driver, similar levels and the Toyota will win out - providing there are no mistakes

*The move did make me smile when I saw you going for it. I thought "cheeky 🤬, been in a lobby with him for 30s and already he's launching one up the inside from somewhere in Germany"!!:D Fair play though, you made the corner fine 👍

Ok so what’s the challenge?
What DR lobby is too high to have any chance of podium with a group c? Iyo?

Gonna try the Toyota now, I really like driving this car. :)

After getting spun out in T1, I managed to make a pretty good comeback in this one. Took the lead going into the last lap, guy behind bumps me in T1 and nearly spins me out, then I accidentally (and ironically) bump him off trying to regain control of my car and take the lead back. :lol: It was clear sailing from there. :)

55788170-058C-4244-AFD6-B3A49BC8FCB6.png

Overall a pretty good start to the week. :)
AF30A4AF-3273-4E07-8302-096A09AE563D.png

FF7E80FF-080E-4F61-885F-A3ECB13C394C.png

I did a few races today at SR B in the XJR-9, grids were way more diverse and pretty clean. Only 1 TS050 in my last lobby, people know how to have fun.

It might be down to SR more at risk with very little to gain. One SR down is enough for red. That's also a good thing, SR points should be harder to earn and cherished to encourage cleaner racing.

I guess. I lost 6 SR over two Race Cs because the person in front of me hit the brakes 25-50 meters sooner than I would have (even considering the draft). That's kind of annoying, and maybe even hard to avoid early on in the back of the pack.

I tried my first Lemans, started p12 finished p12 but.. With 50 Sr less... Clearly I m still not ready for this. Tomorrow a lot of race b to regain sr

I don't recall that at all. I was probably hammered. :cheers: Sorry. Sounds like a silly move.
I wasn't talking about top lobby racing though. I race on my alt account 95% of the time. I normally race without a Q time, so I normally stay at DR B.
The fastest driver I ever have to race is GOTMAXPOWER, in the Friday night lobby. Last time we raced at LeMans, he did beat me (he's extremely good in that race), but I had the lead, until I blew it at the Porsche curves on the last lap.
He was in a TS050, and I think I was in the LM55.

Last edited:
Dagnabbit! How old am I? Should listen to myself.
EU9ipOFU8AAMzWw.jpeg

No qualy. I typed, "Only here for the CRB". Started last behind an Atenza. All we did was watch cars ahead bin it or go off. We were 8th and 9th at the exit of COD. A+/A/B/S room

The cars behind, were catching up(The Atenza was B/S, but struggling with oversteer on corner exits). I even let them through easily. They all still crashed together. Both us back up to 8th and 9th til the finish.

Messed up my CRB coming out of the COD as the rear hit the inner dip and flung the rear. Too much to catch and I just grazed the left wall. Bye bye CRB. Was going to start the 15 CRB thing, but no. Just no.

I've never tried. Can you match the cornering of the hybrid?

I dunno, I’ve done two r92, still gettin up to pace, the last one I almost could have had 4th, but only because the leaders were fighting at Porsche while I had fuel. Picked up 18 places just by cruising...
The Nissan grip wise isn’t THAT different it’s that hybrid acceleration imo that’s the biggest difference.
In fuel map 1 the cars fine on fuel but you can only push hard maybe twice or two half laps...
I’m still using the line aids though, not up to pace just cruising trying not to fight.
I always go Nissan first because you really have to get the lines down, then is when I turn to others like 787 or 962, because even though they handle if I don’t drive the track right it’s nothin.
I saw a 787 podium in a mixed lobby against a plus a and b against a field of ts050.
People are clones.
Be an individual! Give in to your urge to come to the dark side and hear the roars of pure power!

I would take that challenge, I have beaten many A+ drivers in the 962 while they have been in hybrids. I can usually get pretty close to the podium or on the podium starting from the back, and I’m no Alien. The car is plenty capable, much more than just a novelty.

I will chime in on the hybrid group C debate. The first time I ran this combo I was TS050 exclusively, but the slow corners and the stability in the chicanes was killing me. I found the things fast, but unstable without massive downforce.

Last time around a bunch of people convinced me to have a go with the Gr. C cars. I found the Peugeot ok, but still a bit stiff no matter what brake settings, and I wasn't fast enough with it. Only other car I had was the 962. I found that I could keep at least close to the same speed in the Porsche and Corvette curves, but was way faster down the straight and found that I could really steer it through the chicanes, mulsanne, indy and arnage far more stable and smooth than the Toyota. In fact last night the last race when I was nailing mulsanne and arnage 4 of the laps I was still gaining on the hybrids through those spots as well. I would actually gain on the hybrid all the way through the exit up until their hybrid kicked in. Almost completely negating their advantage. With my ability to gain whole seconds down the straight due to a better top end and being more stable in the chicane it makes the car a real weapon.

If you have the ability to ram it through Corvette and porsche curve sections, which I am still working on but have seen others do really well, then there is no reason you cant match the hybrids. I understand at the top top lobbies it might be different, but at the mid to bottom of A, top of B area I am more effective in this than many others running the 'meta' option.
My (way more than) 2 cents worth.;)

I would take that challenge, I have beaten many A+ drivers in the 962 while they have been in hybrids. I can usually get pretty close to the podium or on the podium starting from the back, and I’m no Alien. The car is plenty capable, much more than just a novelty.

In case anyone may not know this man can drive.
Great time for Petronas last week man :)

Imo the only prob you have in c cars is dirty drivers in hybrids but tcs pretty much solves that. You can take some contact and not spin off that way.

In case anyone may not know this man can drive.
Great time for Petronas last week man :)

Imo the only prob you have in c cars is dirty drivers in hybrids but tcs pretty much solves that. You can take some contact and not spin off that way.

TCS doesn't help against being rammed from behind at 150-200km/h. :) That's the only problem - most of the other dirty moves can be avoided by just getting out of the way in corners as you don't have any chance against the hibrids. You will get back anyway as soon as the speed reaches 260+.

So - I had my first day of racing Le Mans in dailies. I have only raced here in the last FIA combo. It has been good, I have gained more than 9k DR and now I am in mid B - just 6k lower than my Austrian account, so ready for Nations Cup representing my homeland.

Had 2 of the most embarrassing moments in racing - one when I was 2nd and completely missing the braking point entering the pits, hitting the wall and getting reset into the middle of the track... and accelerating to fast and hitting the separation wall between track and entry of the pits and being reset again. Got also 5 seconds pen for hitting the wall.

Second one, got the pit chicane a bit too agressive and the menu to change tires popped out when my wheel was still turned. Steering wheel was locked in that position during the pits - I thought that will be reset immediately when I exit so I left it completely free... It didn't, fully acceleration perpendicular to the track into the wall. From 2nd to 13th in under 15seconds.

Hi! Yesterday was my best racing day since playing GTS. Spend 40min to set good QT at la Sarthe and did 3,23.373 which is better than my last time in this combo almost 0.8s, used R18 16'. This time gives me 3 PP in a row, 3 wins. Next race when my dr grow I was starting 3rd which also is good position on this track. 2 R18 in front, i was in TS050, for 4 laps I was chasing them and then they pitted... Another win:) 5th race I was matched with A drivers starting 5th, everything was going good until first chickane when I missed braking point and dont want to hit anybody so turned into a wall... 5s penalty, dropped to 11th. Rest of the race I was chasing 10th which was brit in R18, on 5th lap he probably started to save fuel and I passed him before Porsche curves... 10th place. My DR raised 9k pts, now Im at 29,4 knocking A doors gor the first time! Today if I do one good race I will A driver, very happy:D About group C... Do you guys remember last time this combo was, PD updated game during the week and changed BoP of Peugeot 908, from 90% to 91% which made it uncompetetive... Before that I was able to do a nostoper with some fuel saving, after this pace was so low that it makes no sense to pick 908, so TS050 is the only reasonable choice if you want get some good score...

Oh well. Had 1 good race and 1 turd tonight. Good race was fine, couple of passes early, then just clean lapping. Race 2 I got rear ended at dunlop on the start pushed into the left bend heading to tertre rouge, and when I left the moron space they simply put me into the wall on the right hander, and I get 2 seconds for it. Screw up mulsanne 2 laps in a row after that while grumpy. Calm down and climb back from p15 to p10 when heading into the final chicane the guy behind simply slams it up the inside turning right and rams me into the sand. Drop 3 spots and get a 1 sec penalty. Sadly that was the lobby with more B racers. Guess I am not sure if I want the A lobbies again as on this track they seem to be mostly cleaner.
At least most people have Q times tonight.

How long is a piece of string?

Any competitive lobby where drivers are at their real levels and not sandbagging or at too high from over achieving previous races. If you're a 50k+ driver in a 30k lobby of course you can get results, but in the same hands the TS050 is better every time

I don't recall that at all. I was probably hammered. :cheers: Sorry. Sounds like a silly move.
I wasn't talking about top lobby racing though. I race on my alt account 95% of the time. I normally race without a Q time, so I normally stay at DR B.
The fastest driver I ever have to race is GOTMAXPOWER, in the Friday night lobby. Last time we raced at LeMans, he did beat me (he's extremely good in that race), but I had the lead, until I blew it at the Porsche curves on the last lap.
He was in a TS050, and I think I was in the LM55.
LM55 is very good around Le Mans, nearly as good as GOTMAXPOWER! Who is stupidly quick around there, he's quick everywhere but at Le Mans he's a bit special.

I'll be using Group C cars with my alt account(s), it's handicapping yourself at a lower level, like not qualifying, which I get, it adds a different aspect. I won't race the TS050 with that account because it would likely be me driving off into the distance for five laps, but main account I'm only using the Toyota, for reasons stated previously - notably that it's significantly quicker than the Porsche in the race!

This discussion about group C cars is funny for me. Some of you guys saying "I take group C car, it is fun, blah blah, toyota is boring blah blah" yeah right... So why you create alt accounts? I got one account, and every time I race I wanna be as fast as possible, real fun is winning, not only participating... And for me someone whos saying that he race for fun,not winning, lies.. Dont get me wrong, its not about win at all cost but why make things harder and choose worse car? What is "fun" in creating alt account where youre matched with people with much lower skills and then beat them in xjr for example? If it is for "fun" as some of you saying, use your main account which you using fo FIA races, be a man, take a risk! Or just dont lie to yourself and others...

This discussion about group C cars is funny for me. Some of you guys saying "I take group C car, it is fun, blah blah, toyota is boring blah blah" yeah right... So why you create alt accounts? I got one account, and every time I race I wanna be as fast as possible, real fun is winning, not only participating... And for me someone whos saying that he race for fun,not winning, lies.. Dont get me wrong, its not about win at all cost but why make things harder and choose worse car? What is "fun" in creating alt account where youre matched with people with much lower skills and then beat them in xjr for example? If it is for "fun" as some of you saying, use your main account which you using fo FIA races, be a man, take a risk! Or just dont lie to yourself and others...
I race on my main. I qualify in the Gr C. I even got pole a few times.
Unfortunately I got punted by a hybrid as soon as they could... But I still enjoy the race.

I race for fun. On my main. My alt is for events with high SR risk so I don't worry about any of that. Like the karts.
As for the Gr C. I race with my car as it is the one I drive the best. I want the best results so I take the car I am fastest and most consistent in. When I made the switch from Toyota to 962 last time I beat my toyota qualifying time within 3 laps. Driving style and ability matters. With the 962 I am faster than most toyotas I race against from tertre rouge through to Porsche curves. A significant chunk of the lap. And 3 out of 5 laps I can get a respectable split from there back to tertre rouge. It just gets better results for me.

Not everyone can drive the meta well. The Audi R8 is an example of that. Often the meta, often the car most seen spinning off in a cloud of dust and smoke. I was that way in the Toyota, in order to be smooth and consistent it was slower in my hands. Race what you got and are good with. If I get beat it happens, but i am still going to try like hell to win. Cleanly. And i am mostly going to have fun doing it.

Starting P1 and not seeing another car after T1 gets boring really fast, so starting at the back with a handicapped car makes it more interesting, especially at Le Mans where people make many mistakes, even the fast guys.

As for the risk of the main account, I’m not risking my main account in races where some people decide to ram you off just because you may have passed them, or because they entered a race without doing a single practice lap and don’t know their braking points. Main accounts are not for dailies anymore, they’re for FIA races where you’re matched properly and get much cleaner races overall.

I race on my main. I qualify in the Gr C. I even got pole a few times.
Unfortunately I got punted by a hybrid as soon as they could... But I still enjoy the race.
Thats ok, I respect that. What car are you using?

My alt is for events with high SR risk so I don't worry about any of that.
So you do worrie, bigger risk bigger fun I think;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that the idea that the alt accounts are 40k DR off the main account or something isn’t quite the truth either. I’ve raced my alt maybe 15 days, and by the time I got to a reasonable SR level, I wasn’t too far off my main account DR. I’m low A on my main and high B on the alt. I’d say most times there’s not much speed difference between those levels, it’s mostly an issue of consistency. (And I know this because my QT at Le Mans on the Alt was good enough for 11th on a B/S grid, and I still finished 4 or 5 places higher than that after getting rammed off the track (and taking a penalty to boot) at the first chicane.

Edit: by the way, I am 2 seconds faster in the 787 than in the TS050
Thats obvious that if race be one lap C cars are better/faster, in TS050 i did 3,24.5xx in practice, and 3,23.6xx in 908... Same as R18 is best for Q in which I did 3,23.373, in race looses advantage beacause of fuel... As I said previous post, before BoP update I was using 908 for race all the time... Now it is pointless..
Edit: 3,25.5xx in TS050, Im not that fast:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back