"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran some with qual at A S last time and almost had a win.
I think in four attempts with qual I managed 2 podiums. Gr c cars.
Problem is you have to keep them LMP from punting you. When you get ahead it ruins their time.
Biggest prob for me wasn’t getting ahead it was dealing with punts.
A plus may be different I dunno.
Plus I’m faster in gr c cars. Toyota just doesn’t feel good to drive to me.
I’d choose Peugeot for a fun to drive gr 1 modern, or Hyundai.
Group c by far offer the most fun.

Not if you're racing against people your own level you won't. If you're against players who are slower than you you can make it work but if I was to go into a race on my main account and pick that car, the only Toyotas I'm beating are ones that crash
Hate to disagree i am A/S driver and have beaten many A/S drivers who are in a toyota last time around with this combo. Some beat me but I am also beating some . It can be done I have done it and seen other drivers do it on a regular basis ... IT CAN BE DONE.. this concludes my public service message for driving something other than a Toyota in this weeks race c event

I ran some with qual at A S last time and almost had a win.
I think in four attempts with qual I managed 2 podiums. Gr c cars.
Problem is you have to keep them LMP from punting you. When you get ahead it ruins their time.
Biggest prob for me wasn’t getting ahead it was dealing with punts.
A plus may be different I dunno.
Plus I’m faster in gr c cars. Toyota just doesn’t feel good to drive to me.
I’d choose Peugeot for a fun to drive gr 1 modern, or Hyundai.
Group c by far offer the most fun.
yea last time around running 962 if i could manage to get up by 5 to 7 seconds when I make my stop I had a chance. Couple thing to remember A Toyota by the end of 5 laps tires are a lot more worn than mine when I come with fresh tires on lap 4.
the Toyota you have to conserve a little bit of fuel just in case you get into a battle late in the going it will run out if you are revving it out to max rpm every gear change. 962 I am flat out every lap take a little fuel when i pit and flat out to the end fuel map 1 the whole time not saving anything on fuel or tires. To me thats the most fun. somtimes i win sometimes i lose but leaving nothing out there

Last edited by a moderator:
yea last time around running 962 if i could manage to get up by 5 to 7 seconds when I make my stop I had a chance. Couple thing to remember A Toyota by the end of 5 laps tires are a lot more worn than mine when I come with fresh tires on lap 4.
the Toyota you have to conserve a little bit of fuel just in case you get into a battle late in the going it will run out if you are revving it out to max rpm every gear change. 962 I am flat out every lap take a little fuel when i pit and flat out to the end fuel map 1 the whole time not saving anything on fuel or tires. To me thats the most fun. somtimes i win sometimes i lose but leaving nothing out there

how much time for changing tyres + fuel? Fuel only is about 5sec

Pit schmidt! I was running the 962 short shifting and FM1 for a no stopper and as long as I got good smooth runs on the chicanes and took mulsanne corner smooth I was gaining or pulling away from the hybrids, often enough to keep the spots. Would usually get caught up either at dunlop or tertre rouge but again could blat away down the straight. I am a B driver and this was in pretty much A rooms. Helps if the pack starts fighting, but the old Gr. C cars are still good weapons for good results. Although i think it helps to remember the 787 absolutely must have a pit stop. Got 2 positions back on lap 5 my first race after finding 2 of them coasting around ghosted.:D

@05XR8 what are you waiting for? I got a spare 787 I'm not using in my garage, jump on in, the blacktop is looking good!👍

Hate to disagree i am A/S driver and have beaten many A/S drivers who are in a toyota last time around with this combo. Some beat me but I am also beating some . It can be done I have done it and seen other drivers do it on a regular basis ... IT CAN BE DONE.. this concludes my public service message for driving something other than a Toyota in this weeks race c event

You can disagree, but you're wrong and while explaining why, I'll call you out on it.

3:22.787, decent time that, only one person in the world logged that particular time so that makes you ******_1266, and this is your DR profile

Screenshot_20200406-211334_Chrome.jpg

You're A+ pace. Problem is you're someone who likes a DR reset. 700 wins from 2500 races and a timely reset for a week at Le Mans.

So, A+ pace, but not gonna win many races up there are we? It's bloody difficult, I should know, mine have dried right up. Much easier bashing around the slower drivers, can even go around in older cars and still win.

Ironic thing is, you say it's a challenge to take a car like that and win and that's what you enjoy. Yet you shy away from the real challenge of winning at A+ against drivers who can match or beat your pace.

So let's stop with the charade that the 962 can compete with the TS050 over a race, because unless it's being driven by comfortably the fastest driver on the grid, it can't

And there concludes my own public service as to why if you want to compete this week, you really need to choose the Toyota

Pit schmidt! I was running the 962 short shifting and FM1 for a no stopper and as long as I got good smooth runs on the chicanes and took mulsanne corner smooth I was gaining or pulling away from the hybrids, often enough to keep the spots. Would usually get caught up either at dunlop or tertre rouge but again could blat away down the straight. I am a B driver and this was in pretty much A rooms. Helps if the pack starts fighting, but the old Gr. C cars are still good weapons for good results. Although i think it helps to remember the 787 absolutely must have a pit stop. Got 2 positions back on lap 5 my first race after finding 2 of them coasting around ghosted.:D

@05XR8 what are you waiting for? I got a spare 787 I'm not using in my garage, jump on in, the blacktop is looking good!👍
defiantly starting position matters. starting top 3 I have a shot anything beyond I have to roll up my sleeves
dont like saving fuel just like going as hard as i can for as long as can. But I would be lying if i said I dint short shift the 962 at various points to save a little .....

unnamed (4).gif

(after jumping in the R92CP for my first Qualy)
unnamed (5).gif

You can disagree, but you're wrong and while explaining why, I'll call you out on it.

3:22.787, decent time that, only one person in the world logged that particular time so that makes you ******_1266, and this is your DR profile

View attachment 906632

You're A+ pace. Problem is you're someone who likes a DR reset. 700 wins from 2500 races and a timely reset for a week at Le Mans.

So, A+ pace, but not gonna win many races up there are we? It's bloody difficult, I should know, mine have dried right up. Much easier bashing around the slower drivers, can even go around in older cars and still win.

Ironic thing is, you say it's a challenge to take a car like that and win and that's what you enjoy. Yet you shy away from the real challenge of winning at A+ against drivers who can match or beat your pace.

So let's stop with the charade that the 962 can compete with the TS050 over a race, because unless it's being driven by comfortably the fastest driver on the grid, it can't

And there concludes my own public service as to why if you want to compete this week, you really need to choose the Toyota
no...... my problem is i have a bad temper and like to retaliate too much i do not reset on purpose. Like i said just a bad attitude and temper all around. gets me in a lot of trouble as you can see . Good job on figuring out who i was
ps will not choose a Toyota and will be competitive.

still i will be lumped into A+ rooms and do just fine

Oh bugger, I've been promoted to DR B. Let's hope it's cleaner than last time I was there :lol:
The Peugeot is doing well, took a bit of getting used to speed difference on the straights but seems fine through the corners if I get the line right for the drive out. One more go tonight, then will swap to the Toyota tomorrow :cheers:

Welp, I was the punter and puntee(don't mind the "First win" thing. It's latest in one of my many new game starts).
EU80pnwVAAAH0tQ.jpeg
EU801G1U8AIPpNu.jpeg

Started with Fuel 3 for the first 3 laps. The 787B overtook me before the Dunlop, but was too late on the brakes for all the corners there after.

This allowed the 2nd place TS and the 908 to battle me for the next 2 laps. I punted the 908 after Indianapolis while we were braking. No penalty for either of us, but I slowed at the PZ and gave the spot back.

A shame, the 787B came back, but fought the 908 and bumped them both off next corner.

Hung back as the TS built an 8 second gap. The 3rd place TS bumps me off start of lap 4. By this time, I switched to Fuel 1 with 2.4 laps in the tank.

3rd place TS tried to go two-wide with P2 in the Porsche curves. P3 goes off and P2 has a .5 penalty to serve.
Right trigger pulled way back and I catch and pass P2 down Hunundairyhumdrum(can never spell that dang straight).

I'll wait til later. maybe...

Oh, before the race started, I was 1.7 quicker coming out of the final chicane, but time ran out. :banghead:

Welp, I was the punter and puntee(don't mind the "First win" thing. It's latest in one of my many new game starts).
View attachment 906661 View attachment 906662

Started with Fuel 3 for the first 3 laps. The 787B overtook me before the Dunlop, but was too late on the brakes for all the corners there after.

This allowed the 2nd place TS and the 908 to battle me for the next 2 laps. I punted the 908 after Indianapolis while we were braking. No penalty for either of us, but I slowed at the PZ and gave the spot back.

A shame, the 787B came back, but fought the 908 and bumped them both off next corner.

Hung back as the TS built an 8 second gap. The 3rd place TS bumps me off start of lap 4. By this time, I switched to Fuel 1 with 2.4 laps in the tank.

3rd place TS tried to go two-wide with P2 in the Porsche curves. P3 goes off and P2 has a .5 penalty to serve.
Right trigger pulled way back and I catch and pass P2 down Hunundairyhumdrum(can never spell that dang straight).

I'll wait til later. maybe...

Oh, before the race started, I was 1.7 quicker coming out of the final chicane, but time ran out. :banghead:

have you tried going flat out then pit for fuel? you could eat the toyotas alive on straights

The track limits at La Sarthe are really taking the joy out of racing... Like I understand strick track limits on time trial, but when you're fighting side-by-side for a podium position, it gets really frustrating to get 0.5s penalty for putting half a tyre over the curb at the Mulsanne curve...

my problem is i have a bad temper and like to retaliate too much
You don't say....
Just from the 962/928 little misunderstanding, I got the impression that you're the type of person to aggressively overreact to small things...

Maybe work on anger management... I imagine it has led you to unpleasant situations..

View attachment 906632

Well said...

That's just not true. I've already proved it false, several times today.
I think it can be done too.... But not against players at your own level as @Ashthebash said.

Now I'm not accusing you of de-ranking on purpose, it's just the thing about daily race lobbies is that there are just too many variables...
For instance, being A/S doesn't mean you have A/S pace (I can personally attest for that), so although you may have gone against players that are technically at your level, it doesn't mean they're as good as you're.

Wow first podium in my first race at Dts, starting from p11, huge mayhem at the fast S, found my self in 4th then 3rd,battled with a pug and got passed, 3rd again on the last corner when one of the two leaders send off to the gravel the other
my weekly goal is already achieved (I Don t win a race since Maggiore 3 weeks ago :guilty:) ! On to improve my quali time now

The track limits at La Sarthe are really taking the joy out of racing... Like I understand strick track limits on time trial, but when you're fighting side-by-side for a podium position, it gets really frustrating to get 0.5s penalty for putting half a tyre over the curb at the Mulsanne curve...

You don't say....
Just from the 962/928 little misunderstanding, I got the impression that you're the type of person to aggressively overreact to small things...

Maybe work on anger management... I imagine it has led you to unpleasant situations..

Well said...

I think it can be done too.... But not against players at your own level as @Ashthebash said.

Now I'm not accusing you of de-ranking on purpose, it's just the thing about daily race lobbies is that there are just too many variables...
For instance, being A/S doesn't mean you have A/S pace (I can personally attest for that), so although you may have gone against players that are technically at your level, it doesn't mean they're as good as you're.
Right. It's a silly thing to say, because the driver is the biggest variable.

have you tried going flat out then pit for fuel? you could eat the toyotas alive on straights
I've done that in past races. Didn't know what to expect my first race. R92CP has to be driven easy around the corners. The 787B and 962 are the best at attacking corners. C9 is a bullet and the Jag builds up the speed.
They're all good, just gotta figure who you're racing with. ;)

I’m gonna take the R92 out to Le Mans, in SR B land, What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

I did a few races today at SR B in the XJR-9, grids were way more diverse and pretty clean. Only 1 TS050 in my last lobby, people know how to have fun.

It might be down to SR more at risk with very little to gain. One SR down is enough for red. That's also a good thing, SR points should be harder to earn and cherished to encourage cleaner racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back