"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not great tonight. First two races wiped out by people not breaking at the start. Next two races tapped off deliberately at Parabolica.

Frustrating

And that is?

You’ve got to use the Mediums and the Hards.

It says it in the description and on the bottom right of the load screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
oot! I would say it needs to be driven without TCS, or it's slow(relatively) when you get it right, you can get into a corner hot, get on the gas early, (easy...feed it throttle) and use the throttle to get rotation and a good drive. At RBR I was getting huge drives on to the back straight. Much fun! Works pretty well in the parabolica too. If you have the gonads,

I was talking to another driver bout that.
Not that car but driving that way on throttle. He’s way faster than me and does that.
I’m too conservative! I just can’t manage the edge like that so I rotate in the braking phase by trailing...:::gulp::: I drive like a tortoise.
Consistent, but no gonads on the ring :)
No 30 time here! Too scary!

Last edited:
I was talking to another driver bout that.
Not that car but driving that way on throttle. He’s way faster than me and does that.
I’m too conservative! I just can’t manage the edge like that so I rotate in the braking phase by trailing...:::gulp::: I drive like a tortoise.
Consistent, but no gonads on the ring :)
No 30 time here! Too scary!
That is my favorite way to drive. That's why I did so well, and had so much fun at Tsukuba with the tuned Mazda. The problem is, the older I get, the harder it is to ride that edge. I would do much better if I didn't fall off that edge so often. But it is fun!

That is my favorite way to drive. That's why I did so well, and had so much fun at Tsukuba with the tuned Mazda. The problem is, the older I get, the harder it is to ride that edge. I would do much better if I didn't fall off that edge so often. But it is fun!

Ross Bentley wrote if the cars on rails you’re slow. He also wrote fast drivers that win often drive a little over a little under equaling out to ‘the limit’
In this game my m o is hold position no mistakes capitalize on mistakes.
Hey I’m up there in region for 40 plus! My reactions are still sharp, for saving ‘moments’
But they are not tuned highly enough to hit that edge with control like say @Deadpool.
You seen those vids? Guys ridiculous! Post 971 dang!

Ross Bentley wrote if the cars on rails you’re slow. He also wrote fast drivers that win often drive a little over a little under equaling out to ‘the limit’
In this game my m o is hold position no mistakes capitalize on mistakes.
Hey I’m up there in region for 40 plus! My reactions are still sharp, for saving ‘moments’
But they are not tuned highly enough to hit that edge with control like say @Deadpool.
You seen those vids? Guys ridiculous! Post 971 dang!
That was the one with him and Lester in Porsche and Nissan? Funny you should mention that. The A race has a car that can be driven loose (a little), and I go pretty good in it. Get to GR1 and if I drive fast and loose, i make too many errors. I think my gap to guys like those goes up once past gr3 speed. If tracks had 10 sectors or more, instead of 3 or 4, my optimum times might even be close to alien's lap times on tracks I'm good on, because I am capable of running through a set of corners at that speed...I just can't do it all in the same lap! Good example was when I ran against the #1 ghost this afternoon. I could get right on him in T1, but he always had a gap before T2. I would close the gap through the esses and down the chute, but he got through the hairpin better...of course, I have no idea what his best optimum is. I think my best 1st sector beats his on that lap, but his 1st sector was better by a tenth when I watched his 57.1 lap. He's at 56.7xx when I chased him today. It's all in the last sector.

I can’t drive that hairpin or chicane, exits there make the lap.
Tokyo to me is like another planet in any car haha. One other bit I noticed was getting a good flying run to start is important. Sometimes going in cockpit you can discern what’s being done but it’s tough. I like to watch top replays from cockpit...
That’s a deceptively difficult thing to do, go for a top ten.

I can’t drive that hairpin or chicane, exits there make the lap.
Tokyo to me is like another planet in any car haha. One other bit I noticed was getting a good flying run to start is important. Sometimes going in cockpit you can discern what’s being done but it’s tough. I like to watch top replays from cockpit...
That’s a deceptively difficult thing to do, go for a top ten.
That lap i did today would have put me solidly in the top ten on Monday or Tuesday. It was 28th when I set it. I can't believe they're deep in the 26's now. I wonder what the final, best in the world will be on Sunday

That lap i did today would have put me solidly in the top ten on Monday or Tuesday. It was 28th when I set it. I can't believe they're deep in the 26's now. I wonder what the final, best in the world will be on Sunday

What’s crazy is like at Seaside last time Igor Fraga set a lap and when I looked he was a full second up on everybody...
Stuff like that speaks to the depth the game has...

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200417201239.jpg

For cried out loud...Here one of races I drove clean and no penalty occur. I got red SR. Its happen me in few races and I want to know why I lose it if you have any knowledge.

What’s crazy is like at Seaside last time Igor Fraga set a lap and when I looked he was a full second up on everybody...
Stuff like that speaks to the depth the game has...
Maybe that was one of his good combo's. What chance do regular guys have when an alien is in a track that elevates him to a higher level.

Eh, saturday night issues again. Thought about having a go at an FIA race for once, as soon as it went to the room I was disconnected. Oh well. Back to the carnage at Monza. Will know if it hit everyone in the room if I see a few of those guys in my lobby now.

4:00 am and I wake from a dead sleep to find EMS broke into my condo. Now I have a gaping hole next to my door with snow blowing in through what used to be a double paned window. No way to lock my house, but they're sorry. Nobody can tell me who or when my window gets fixed. I guess I'm glad I didn't shoot anybody, but this **** isn't good for my heart. Maybe next time they should ring the doorbell, huh?

Sorry guys. Way off topic but I had to vent and let the adrenalin dissapate.

Until last week I never tried Race C. Thought it's too long, and I didn't want to spend 20 minutes on a race where I can be punted on the last turn. But I really wanted to try the twist with tire changes and pit stops for a while now, so the time has finally come.

After a couple of races where I was getting to know the system and deciding on my tactics, I settled on 7H-3M (but switched to 7M-3H later in the day).

New race. After the pitstop at the end of lap 7 I'm second with only 1.8s to the guy in front, who was already on hards. Gained on him in two laps and was overtaking him clearly on the the inside entering Ascari chicane. Punted me a couple of times and let me through, only to punt me on the parabolica, getting himself a victory and sending me to the fourth place. Pity, but I still consider this a win because the way I caught on to him felt really special for me.

Another race, P2 again after a pit stop. A whopping 17s to the guy in P1 as I spent too much time fighting with guys for my position in the first laps of the race, and some penalties for cutting chicanes too aggressively. The guy in third is 2.2s behind me. Things doesn't change in the last three laps, a very calm, almost relaxed finish, only to find out the guy in the first didn't change his tires, making me the winner! I consider this karma return after being punted at the parabolica.

In another race got punted from the 5th place at the last turn again on lap 10 by the guy who didn't even changed the tires. Dropped to 11th. Anyone knows any working defensive tactics on the parabolica against rammers?

Anyway, finishing eleventh sent me to the lobby where I was given number 3. Starting second, the portuguese guy who started on pole gets destroyed on the first chicane, I somehow survive and retain P4. Two drivers in front of me make mistakes on the first lap, inviting me to overtake them, which I do. Chasing the first position with around 2s between us. 3d lap, P1 makes mistake getting out of the first chicane and goes offtrack, giving me a chance to take the lead. Made some good distance of around 8s by the end of lap 7, was very lucky to pit out first with 1.5s lead, turned it to whopping 5s lead as P2 and P3 were really busy fighting each other. One might say it was an easy win, but boy was my heart pounding when I took P1 on the third lap and till the very end. Gotta put on my smartwatch next time to see what happens to my pulse :lol:

In other news, was able to get 3 fastest laps in two days and also one pole (which I lost). Not sure If I saw anyone starting on pole finishing first out of 7-8 races I was in. For a reference, all races were in the lower DR B rating, around 13k-16k.

To sum it up, I'm glad I tried С races, as longer distance means you have a bit of room to make small mistakes, but as long as you put in good average lap times there is a good chance to get on podium. IF you avoid punts from others.

Probably going to try FIA Nations Cup race today, as I like the track and car combo, and looking forward to next week's Race С as well. A bit worried about 5s penalties after being smacked into the wall by others, but endure and survive should be the motto for these ones :lol:

7mvOJo9.jpg

pFL1KjC.jpg

Until last week I never tried Race C. Thought it's too long, and I didn't want to spend 20 minutes on a race where I can be punted on the last turn. But I really wanted to try the twist with tire changes and pit stops for a while now, so the time has finally come.

After a couple of races where I was getting to know the system and deciding on my tactics, I settled on 7H-3M (but switched to 7M-3H later in the day).

New race. After the pitstop at the end of lap 7 I'm second with only 1.8s to the guy in front, who was already on hards. Gained on him in two laps and was overtaking him clearly on the the inside entering Ascari chicane. Punted me a couple of times and let me through, only to punt me on the parabolica, getting himself a victory and sending me to the fourth place. Pity, but I still consider this a win because the way I caught on to him felt really special for me.

Another race, P2 again after a pit stop. A whopping 17s to the guy in P1 as I spent too much time fighting with guys for my position in the first laps of the race, and some penalties for cutting chicanes too aggressively. The guy in third is 2.2s behind me. Things doesn't change in the last three laps, a very calm, almost relaxed finish, only to find out the guy in the first didn't change his tires, making me the winner! I consider this karma return after being punted at the parabolica.

In another race got punted from the 5th place at the last turn again on lap 10 by the guy who didn't even changed the tires. Dropped to 11th. Anyone knows any working defensive tactics on the parabolica against rammers?

Anyway, finishing eleventh sent me to the lobby where I was given number 3. Starting second, the portuguese guy who started on pole gets destroyed on the first chicane, I somehow survive and retain P4. Two drivers in front of me make mistakes on the first lap, inviting me to overtake them, which I do. Chasing the first position with around 2s between us. 3d lap, P1 makes mistake getting out of the first chicane and goes offtrack, giving me a chance to take the lead. Made some good distance of around 8s by the end of lap 7, was very lucky to pit out first with 1.5s lead, turned it to whopping 5s lead as P2 and P3 were really busy fighting each other. One might say it was an easy win, but boy was my heart pounding when I took P1 on the third lap and till the very end. Gotta put on my smartwatch next time to see what happens to my pulse :lol:

In other news, was able to get 3 fastest laps in two days and also one pole (which I lost). Not sure If I saw anyone starting on pole finishing first out of 7-8 races I was in. For a reference, all races were in the lower DR B rating, around 13k-16k.

To sum it up, I'm glad I tried С races, as longer distance means you have a bit of room to make small mistakes, but as long as you put in good average lap times there is a good chance to get on podium. IF you avoid punts from others.

Probably going to try FIA Nations Cup race today, as I like the track and car combo, and looking forward to next week's Race С as well. A bit worried about 5s penalties after being smacked into the wall by others, but endure and survive should be the motto for these ones :lol:

7mvOJo9.jpg

pFL1KjC.jpg
Welcome to the race C crowd. I might see you in one, we are about the same DR.
Parabolica is hard to defend against rammers. Hug the inside of the guy behind is a known rammer, but it takes so much longer to do that.

And yeah, I found a demolition derby in race C. Punted into first chicane, but carnage so bad I still go from p11 to p5. Then get punted at chicane 2. Drop, punted wide at Ascari. End of lap 1 I am p18. End of lap 3, p7, multiple punts ensue. Attempt revenge but miss. TL;DR pack of ramming GT-R scumbags drop me from SR S to SR B in 1 race. Oh joy. Work to do.

I seriously don't get the mentality that has people run you off on the straight on lap 2!?!?!

Wtf I have done about 100 laps and cant get past my time of 48.2 closest I have come is 48.3 FML
The only advice I can give you is to watch the top 10 leaderboard replays (especially PR1_FIRE if you're in Europe) and do your best to match the lines and braking points. You can probably be more aggressive at the chicanes.

4:00 am and I wake from a dead sleep to find EMS broke into my condo. Now I have a gaping hole next to my door with snow blowing in through what used to be a double paned window. No way to lock my house, but they're sorry. Nobody can tell me who or when my window gets fixed. I guess I'm glad I didn't shoot anybody, but this **** isn't good for my heart. Maybe next time they should ring the doorbell, huh?

Sorry guys. Way off topic but I had to vent and let the adrenalin dissapate.

Next time if your lucky

That is it. My SR is getting slaughtered because a GT-R has the automatic right to pass anywhere and any time on the track. Into the second chicane from 0.5 back, sure. I stop for the first chicane and you rear end me to a reset, obviously I brake checked you. I pass through when you get off track after the chicane? Obviously that is wrong as a GT-R must not be passed, so I must be punted at parabolica. I have lost an average of 10 seconds a race to punts tonight. And of course getting rear ended from 6 cars back at the start is worth 3 seconds and who knows how much SR.

I know the start is always garbage here, but what the hell is with the rest of the race? I am at the point I want to drive around town firebombing GT-Rs to get revenge because their time penalty never makes up for the lost time. And I seem to get more penalties doe getting hit anyway. Oh well, at least it's the weekend

Yeah, looking for a DR reset. As the only DR A driver in these wreckfest lobbies I get the penalty if I get punted, and the penalty if I punt. That is if I can, the 🤬 get ghosted so fast down here in the depths of destruction.

Last edited:
I made it back to SR.A to be greeted by a total destruction derby event. I got pinballed around until I escaped at Flugplatz, penalty free, yet 3 SR Downs received along the way. Back down to 47 SR after the race :banghead: 10 clean race bonuses to get past SR.B, one bad race to be kicked back down :lol:
I'm wondering I have raced you a couples times and whit me at least you was fairplay driving and pretty good at it . But me I have never dropped down further than Sr A I'm always at 99 Sr I don't even race in Sr A lobby I Let everyone go to be shure to have a clean race and get back to 99sr as soon as I can because in lower Sr lobby some of them don't give a **** and some of them just don't know how to drive a car ? So I'm wondering how a good driver like you can enjoy racing in those chaotic lower Sr session ?

Yesterday I won my first race in Monza after 10 races in a few days, most of them I finished top 10. I won with the Mustang, is easier to drive than the GTR, at least for me.
In time trial the difference was .100 I'm .100 faster with the GTR . 1:46.317GTR 1:46.415Mustang top speed GTR is better but Mustang have better traction on corner exit

Thought I'd take my alt account around Monza, set a really slow QT and started from dead last on hards. Was up to P10 in both races when I came out the pits lap 6 on mediums, not one was a racing overtake. Gained a couple more places and clean race bonus in 1st race, blue SR in 2nd. Would hate to start further up the grid.

And I make it official, all my work to get to DR A, reset by a Saturday night of Monza.

Was up to 36.5k before it went to hell. Now back to 15k. Oh well. Once I got to A it was all gravy. Back to normal I guess.

I need a beer. I seriously don't get how having a driver slam another driver off in parabolica has the penalty determined by the driver rating. And yeah, I got called a 🤬🤬 many times the last 2 races when I retaliated for obvious dirty driving. Like pushing me off in the straight kind of stuff.

Sorry TPC, but it had to be done.

That is it. My SR is getting slaughtered because a GT-R has the automatic right to pass anywhere and any time on the track. Into the second chicane from 0.5 back, sure. I stop for the first chicane and you rear end me to a reset, obviously I brake checked you. I pass through when you get off track after the chicane? Obviously that is wrong as a GT-R must not be passed, so I must be punted at parabolica. I have lost an average of 10 seconds a race to punts tonight. And of course getting rear ended from 6 cars back at the start is worth 3 seconds and who knows how much SR.

I know the start is always garbage here, but what the hell is with the rest of the race? I am at the point I want to drive around town firebombing GT-Rs to get revenge because their time penalty never makes up for the lost time. And I seem to get more penalties doe getting hit anyway. Oh well, at least it's the weekend

Yeah, looking for a DR reset. As the only DR A driver in these wreckfest lobbies I get the penalty if I get punted, and the penalty if I punt. That is if I can, the 🤬 get ghosted so fast down here in the depths of destruction.
I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems that, if I want to retaliate and punt someone without penalty, all I have to do is get real close going into a corner. As long as I hit my brake marker as usual, then tap their rear, it sends them off and I get no penalty. Sometimes they even get one, like they brake checked me. Added bonus, I make the corner no problem and continue.

I'm really bad on internet and I don't know how to do a double post ? Can someone here explain that to a old fart like me lollll. And English is not my first language I'm not to bad but still.

Raced for the first time in a while today, my DR was still way down as the last time I was racing I'd done the 15 consecutive clean races by finishing at the back all the time, just before they started handing out CRBs to everyone for free.

Went for Monza with no quali in the Aston, started 19th on hards after someone disconnected, crossed the start line 17th as 2 others pulled over before the start. Took lap 1 carefully, and despite a little contact at Lesmo 1, started lap 2 in 10th. Steadily made up places and swapped to mediums after lap 4, had a bit of a race with another British guy in a GTR, I was on his tail for 1 and a half laps, then I went for the outside into T1, he turned in on me in the second part, but the contact gave me the place. He then tried a punt into Roggia, but I delayed my turn in, he went straight on, I was back in front by the Lesmos, and stayed in front. Ended up taking 5th in the end, saw the other guy was typing in post-race, thought he was going to have a go, but apologised which was great!!! All in all some good fair racing, and didn't get an unfair penalty (just a track limit one where I messed up the 2nd chicane)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back