"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that I’m unconsciously braking too early to nail the apex because the times that I’ve tried to do it late (like the guys in the top 10 are doing or where @Mistah_MCA showed in his guide, I ended up missing it completely, under steering and sometimes even getting a penalty because of it.

I will give Race C a chance today, I will give the GTR a try (have tried almost every other car so far with not great results)... The Mazda gave me my best time, but the Beetle felt more consistent across several laps... If the GTR ends up in between, that would be great!

I'm Captain Slow's half-brother, but for what it is worth, I tried the Atenza at Interlagos, and whilst it is nimble and fast, I found it a bit twitchy, or prone to spinning the tyres out of corners, for my driving style, and I've used about 10 or so different cars.

At present I use Godzilla. Sure, it is a **** vehicle in the braking zone, but it's stable and fast (the Atenza, I think, is slightly faster overall, but not for me). It's predictable, for a truck. Give it a go.

Good afternoon friends. Today I did ten c races, this time after putting in qual. I’m proud to say I achieved my intended goal and surpassed 50k dr. Very very clean racing today in the 99 rooms...I just hung around my qual position and outlasted people, in the ‘shark attack’ vette.
With hard work, goals can be achieved...
Cheers

Congrats on reaching 50K! Well done.

Regards to 99 rooms, I've been rated 99 virtually every day I've been on, with the odd foray to 80s. As a newly-minted B rater, I can attest to the fact that the races I've been in, with B and A, A+ drivers who are supposedly SR S, have been the filthiest I've encountered, and that includes the newbies (of which I am one) and bad drivers.

Etiquette? Wot's that? They just barge their way through. Ultra aggressive heroes who think that slower drivers (and some of those are fellow As) are in their way.

If that is what 'good' driving, learned at higher DR and SR lobby groups gets ya, you can have it :-(

I gotta admit, I've been having quite a bit of fun with this Mitsubishi GTO one-make at Big Willow.
Agreed. Forced into it on the “SR Rehabilitation Invitational Series” after being unfairly penalized in Race B, but turned into a blessing. Collected 3 wins, padded K’ Speed score, and banked almost 3000 DR points, while keeping most of the nonsense in my rear view mirror this evening. That car is a blast at Big Willow, and sounds fantastic.

Might have to buy one of those Mitsubishis to keep as a souvenir!

upload_2020-5-16_10-50-35.jpeg

Last edited:
Good afternoon friends. Today I did ten c races, this time after putting in qual. I’m proud to say I achieved my intended goal and surpassed 50k dr. Very very clean racing today in the 99 rooms...I just hung around my qual position and outlasted people, in the ‘shark attack’ vette.
With hard work, goals can be achieved...
Cheers

Nice, congratulations there!

Congrats on reaching 50K! Well done.

Regards to 99 rooms, I've been rated 99 virtually every day I've been on, with the odd foray to 80s. As a newly-minted B rater, I can attest to the fact that the races I've been in, with B and A, A+ drivers who are supposedly SR S, have been the filthiest I've encountered, and that includes the newbies (of which I am one) and bad drivers.

Etiquette? Wot's that? They just barge their way through. Ultra aggressive heroes who think that slower drivers (and some of those are fellow As) are in their way.

If that is what 'good' driving, learned at higher DR and SR lobby groups gets ya, you can have it :-(

I remember vividly going from c to b.
My first b races I thought wtf. Give me back c s lol.
I dropped back to c (gettin beat) then finally back in b.
B can be really good, but there’s a lotta mistakes made, plus chaos happens because guys don’t know when to quit.
A, good A is great, but there’s a lot of bad A. But high A and a plus, people know how to race for the most part. Standard behavior at the front is good, which is why I was lucky, starting top 5 today only six and seventh a few times.
I agree also about the METAtenza.
It’s quick, but it can bite and I was going to make my run today in it, spent 90 minutes making a custom livery, since it gave me a solid qual time...
I just couldn’t bring myself to racing it up front after trying it no qual a few times.
It’s the best there if you only give it what it likes, but it can pop out of load on you at bad times with mistakes, sometimes unpredictably...
I took second thought and said you know IM NOT going for wins, just solid finishes.
Just like my whole career.
I used the shark because I know it really well, and it’s consistent for me. It’s not fastest anywhere but it’s solid. It’s extremely consistent for me and to grind out the rating I knew I just needed to maintain position towards the front in the a plus a mixed rooms to gain points.
That cars never let me down or surprised me in the couple years I’ve been using it...
I’m always 99 too. B is really really daunting coming in at low b on NA server.
It’s a shock definitely coming from c 99 where folks are cautious.
High A is fantastic when it’s good. but when a goes bad it can get ugly.
I had a few choice words for a guy after my one bad race today.
I just stopped and calmed down. Many times before I might have wrecked many players in that race.
You name the dirty bs crap I’ve had it done to me and dished it out too.
Good luck

So strange how the same car could be so competitive on 1 track, and virtually the same track it gets totally shut down.

Yup. Just be patient though. The RCZs will all try to fit in the same space. Mustang is stable. Run your race and don't be scared.👍

Had to give up twice. Kept getting punted and and then the only one to get a penalty for it.

Edit: The gift that just keeps on giving. By leaving race right at penalty took huge gaping chunks out of my SR. Was at S pretty much when I started at DS, and jumped down to an SR of B. Wow

Edit2: Never seen this before. Couldn't believe how 3rd place caught up to me so fast with 2 laps left and 5 seconds back. Watched replay and was cutting corners without penalties. Thinking it will allow the odd cut but eventually he had a couple seconds added after punting me on last lap. No penalty for punt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily race B
Any tips , tricks or hints I should learn?
Being bop race what’s your preference on bb setting m, tcs setting? Driving the rzcand Megane.

I remember vividly going from c to b.
My first b races I thought wtf. Give me back c s lol.
I dropped back to c (gettin beat) then finally back in b.
B can be really good, but there’s a lotta mistakes made, plus chaos happens because guys don’t know when to quit.
A, good A is great, but there’s a lot of bad A. But high A and a plus, people know how to race for the most part. Standard behavior at the front is good, which is why I was lucky, starting top 5 today only six and seventh a few times.
I agree also about the METAtenza.
It’s quick, but it can bite and I was going to make my run today in it, spent 90 minutes making a custom livery, since it gave me a solid qual time...
I just couldn’t bring myself to racing it up front after trying it no qual a few times.
It’s the best there if you only give it what it likes, but it can pop out of load on you at bad times with mistakes, sometimes unpredictably...
I took second thought and said you know IM NOT going for wins, just solid finishes.
Just like my whole career.
I used the shark because I know it really well, and it’s consistent for me. It’s not fastest anywhere but it’s solid. It’s extremely consistent for me and to grind out the rating I knew I just needed to maintain position towards the front in the a plus a mixed rooms to gain points.
That cars never let me down or surprised me in the couple years I’ve been using it...
I’m always 99 too. B is really really daunting coming in at low b on NA server.
It’s a shock definitely coming from c 99 where folks are cautious.
High A is fantastic when it’s good. but when a goes bad it can get ugly.
I had a few choice words for a guy after my one bad race today.
I just stopped and calmed down. Many times before I might have wrecked many players in that race.
You name the dirty bs crap I’ve had it done to me and dished it out too.
Good luck
Groundfish, thanks for your thoughtful response. My approach is like yours: solid finishes. In 550 races I have just THREE wins, lol, but the consistency is coming. The racecraft is my weakness, like so many 'noobs' (and I hate that term, so disparaging and condescending ...), and I try so hard to get out of the way of faster drivers (and I use my mirrors a LOT), who, often, just barge through and swipe me and other - experienced - racers off the track. I really wish that this game had a black flag, but never gonna happen.

Thanks for your words of encouragement and many wise observations.

Won 3 out of 4 and 2nd (by 0.08) in the other last night at Willow (C/S rooms). I actually really enjoy that race now - huge, reasonably controllable slides, and anyone that comes barging through usually seems to go off again by themselves anyway.

DR gone from 16.5k, to 6.8k and back to 11.6k in 48 hours lol

Just in a race where I encountered probably the dirtiest driver I've had the displeasure to meet. I qualied toward the rear of the pack (being B rated) amongst half a field of As, and one A+ on pole.

Three corners in at Interlagos, and pole was already acting like a dick. When others attempted to pass, the sideswipes would occur. Eventually he was either dealt justice or had an off (and he subsequently had quite a few trying to regain position, ha ha). However, he sought to regain positions by punting everything in sight - including me, twice, and I was watching out for it!.

The field caught on, I think. He started pole, finished in last postion, driving in to the pits on the last lap to sulk. I've saved the replay to watch when I needed a laugh.

He was A or A+. Got hit by the karma bus, and it was wonderful.

Anyone finding Lap 1, Turn 7 (first of the esses) to always be a complete mess at Interlagos? Did 3 races, first was Q10, got spun and then reset, made it up to 11th and then disconnected at L11.
Second race, almost a full A/S lobby. This time I was *almost* spun off but I managed to gather it back up. Another car got mercilessly punted off. Q10, finished sickth. Could've got 5th if I was more consistent.
Imporved my quali time to a 31.8 (still .2 off opt), 3rd race Q9. Finished P3 after being stuck in an almighty train from P7 to P2. Cars ended up spinning off at T7 or T1, and I made my way up to P3 but fell away from 2nd due to some unforced errors
Gained 2k DR from those 2 races, now up to 35.6k

Spent last night in Race A again, its funny how sometimes a combo just works for you. Currently at 29k DR and if I'm honest I'm a solid B driver, might touch A by the end of this and not sure I deserve to be there. Will probably go back to 25k or so next week. The races for the most part have been great, starting P3/P4 surrounded by A/S drivers, it's been a ton of fun. Only a few wins, but lots of podiums.

I did get a few SR downs in one race from some hard racing (nothing dirty) and went to SR A. Then the "fun" began. In the B/A rooms I was put in for a few races I was on pole (by an entire second or so) and there was one guy who started behind me in two consecutive races. He proceeded to ram his car into me sideways in both on Turn 3 in both races, knocking me to dead last. The first race I didnt see it coming, in the second I was ready for it, but there was literally nowhere to go. I put nearly a second on him too by the turn but he barely clipped my left rear quarter panel. Was able to come back and win in both though, putting down low 1:29.xxx laps to his (and everyone else's) 1:30-1:32 laps. Thought about punting him, but thought it would be more fun to just drive right around him in spots where I knew I could get good distance between us for the next turn.

I really don't understand some people in this game. I honestly don't care if I win or my DR goes up, just want to have hard, clean, competitive races. Like a lot of you I will let faster people past if I know I don't have the pace and never intentionally ruin someones race, I just don't see the fun in it. If I was constantly over-defending, punting, and generally ruining the experience for others I probably wouldn't sleep to well at night.

Oh well, still love the game (wish I got it much sooner), and look forward to more good racing. Definitely looking forward to more combos that seem to work well for me. Not sure what it is about the GTO & Big Willow, but I'm racing way above my level at this point. Funny because I've always hated this track, learning to appreciate it now. Really like the last turn, fun stuff.

Groundfish, thanks for your thoughtful response. My approach is like yours: solid finishes. In 550 races I have just THREE wins, lol, but the consistency is coming. The racecraft is my weakness, like so many 'noobs' (and I hate that term, so disparaging and condescending ...), and I try so hard to get out of the way of faster drivers (and I use my mirrors a LOT), who, often, just barge through and swipe me and other - experienced - racers off the track. I really wish that this game had a black flag, but never gonna happen.

Thanks for your words of encouragement and many wise observations.

The only piece of advice I can really give when dealing with someone impatient or faster behind you when you don’t wanna fight is not to ‘try’ to let them by and worry too much. Run your race, hit your marks run your line, and let them initiate a move, when it happens just lift a little or brake a touch early so you can get in behind and follow. Be aware of their position, but don’t change your race or alter your line much, they will make their intentions clear and you will know and get a feel. B is tough though , a lot of players are waay optimistic and quick over a lap or two but usually playing the patient long game works against them. Most times just wait and they will make big mistakes...If not you tip your cap.
Race your race...Might not be racing here but holds true nonetheless..RIP.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/72KL/dicks-sporting-goods-swing-your-swing
Cheers

Last edited:
Four times now in Race B. Work my up the pack. Get to the final two laps and suddenly my car has no tires. like I brake 20-40 meters earlier than my usual braking point, gently. doesn't matter, instant squealing and smoke and to the back I go. I know there's no tire wear. It doesn't happen close enough to blame on draft. I've had a few good Races at Red Bull but now I guess I'm not supposed to?

Four times now in Race B. Work my up the pack. Get to the final two laps and suddenly my car has no tires. like I brake 20-40 meters earlier than my usual braking point, gently. doesn't matter, instant squealing and smoke and to the back I go. I know there's no tire wear. It doesn't happen close enough to blame on draft. I've had a few good Races at Red Bull but now I guess I'm not supposed to?

Same

So guys, ive never been able to drive the gr3 GTR very well.
Just jumped on Nations pratice, not that i was going to enter. Ran few laps in Atenza cos i used it at Interlagos, 2min. Ouch ..RSR about the same. Tried the GTR and got 1.58.2. Within 3 laps..

Are me and power cars starting to get on?
My Dr is 16800 SR99.. Am i still off pace for this level?

Edit* Just remembered my 911 and Atenza laps were on hard tyres...

Similar happened to me when I started 6th and 4th, I got punted a few times and had to deal with a dirty driver in two races, found that several more people were mad at him. Later got lucky, started pole position and it was way different, I was able to get a win. As @Groundfish mentioned, run your race, of course is easier said than done :lol:. Similar variables but the extra drivers factor was removed for that race.

I’m new to the game, I might be wrong. Maybe the pressure of being on the mid pack and slightly changing braking points because of the extra attention to nearby drivers is a variable that is affecting you. At least that happens to me and try to be more aware of that and focus on my race and gets easier to identify when I’m doing mistakes.

Similar happened to me when I started 6th and 4th, I got punted a few times and had to deal with a dirty driver in two races, found that several more people were mad at him. Later got lucky, started pole position and it was way different, I was able to get a win. As @Groundfish mentioned, run your race, of course is easier said than done :lol:. Similar variables but the extra drivers factor was removed for that race.

I’m new to the game, I might be wrong. Maybe the pressure of being on the mid pack and slightly changing braking points because of the extra attention to nearby drivers is a variable that is affecting you. At least that happens to me and try to be more aware of that and focus on my race and gets easier to identify when I’m doing mistakes.

I find when i drop into mid pack cos of a shunt i look in my mirror to much then struggle even more. Hard times.

Brought the Supra out for Race B. Started 3rd. Damn autobrake was on! Dropped to 14th. Last place was just cruising for CRB. I caught up to the second half of the field(3 RCZs and a Megane FF). A GT-R broke away from that battle.

Supra cornering is no doubt its strength. Got me in the low 37s. FL was high 36(RCZ). Of course I'm getting smoked on the straights, but it's not as bad as I thought. The braking, corner speed and exit speed, kept me in the mix. Magnifies how slow the FFs are.
Trying the Supra again.

I'm surprised noone is using the Scirocco. That's the most agile FF and it ain't slow.

Edit: Spoke too soon. I got bumped into T1. Lost two spots. Latched onto a RCZ. It pulled away, I reeled it in. Back and forth.
An RCZ ahead goes off. The RCZ in front of me goes by. I'm next. Nooooo. It wants to knock me off track to keep position. I catch it in the esses and serve it wide.
Last lap into T3, it divebombs and gives me 3 seconds!
Yeah, I missed a revenge punt. The punk quits straight after the race. That's alright, it got its name. Down to A/A now.

Last edited:
So guys, ive never been able to drive the gr3 GTR very well.
Just jumped on Nations pratice, not that i was going to enter. Ran few laps in Atenza cos i used it at Interlagos, 2min. Ouch ..RSR about the same. Tried the GTR and got 1.58.2. Within 3 laps..

Are me and power cars starting to get on?
My Dr is 16800 SR99.. Am i still off pace for this level?

Edit* Just remembered my 911 and Atenza laps were on hard tyres...

I get you. For a long time, me and big power cars did not get on. I tended to go for slightly underpowered, but nimble and predictable smaller cars like the RCZ. I'd always get eaten by the Godzillas and Mustangs, etc, on power sections, but kill them on corners.

For some reason, I thought I'd try Godzilla - at Maggiore - and was surprised at its predictability, stability. Yes, heavy (and **** under brakes, but predictable if ur gentle), but VERY happy with its speed out of corners and top speed.

Last edited:
Is it possible your going faster than expected into the turn due to the slipstream effect? Something to be aware of after a decent straight when you're in someones slipstream, braking distances will change due to the increased speed as well as clean air in front.
No. The nearest pack is like around the next corner. I'm going to look at my replays and see if I'm stabbing brakes too hard maybe?

BTW, although my qual isn't the best, I do have the fastest livery. I only wish there was a way to hang some of the body loose. I need a ziptie decal. LOL.
8728060746903094800_23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back