Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200516-234420_Chrome.jpg
Sorry
Post this
Appear today
Patch for next week
I Forget of cut the photo

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There's been debate about players jumping right in front and slamming on the brakes. Fast forward to the last lap.

From the start, the red RCZ was wild anyway. However, I was having a fair battle with the other ones. Plenty of hard clean racing. Players are holding their lines. Then, it happens. Why right then, the red car decides to jump right in front of me? I don't know. It got ahead and would get the run down T2.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There's been debate about players jumping right in front and slamming on the brakes. Fast forward to the last lap.

From the start, the red RCZ was wild anyway. However, I was having a fair battle with the other ones. Plenty of hard clean racing. Players are holding their lines. Then, it happens. Why right then, the red car decides to jump right in front of me? I don't know. It got ahead and would get the run down T2.

It looks like he's done a zillion hot laps and not many race laps, resulting in not being able to run fast on anything other than "his" fast line.

Red RCZ, was super aggressive from the start. By any chance the other two drivers were having lag during the race? During last lap, it looked to me the 1st position and the red RCZ were having some lag. Of course red RCZ deliberately brake in front of you, but also was able to ram the other car while he was entering T1 in the same move.

Red RCZ, was super aggressive from the start. By any chance the other two drivers were having lag during the race? During last lap, it looked to me the 1st position and the red RCZ were having some lag. Of course red RCZ deliberately brake in front of you, but also was able to ram the other car while he was entering T1 in the same move.
The red car applied the brakes way early.

It's why I can't stress enough to hold your line. The other RCZs held their lines and gave me room, even in the corners.

The red car applied the brakes way early.

It's why I can't stress enough to hold your line. The other RCZs held their lines and gave me room, even in the corners.

Now that I watch on my PC instead of my phone I can see his name. I'm DR-B/C (mostly C) SR-S and I've seen that driver at my level from time to time. His form in that race is consistent with what I've seen.... I suspect he has frequent excursions to SR-A/B.

Edit: Kudos confirms:
naugty.png

Well, after those first two races the other day, things got better. Found myself in a good crowd and focused on keeping my nose clean. Only did a handful though, i just wasn't feelin it.

Was up early this morning and decide to just run some laps. Hadn't put in a good hot lap session since early in the week. This car is soooo nice around willow once you get it figuered out. I just kept getting more consistent and was cutting new best laps every ten or so. Got down to 28.555 with a optimal of .402 but real life things need to be done now (at least i got ahead of @sturk0167 lol). Might come back and try to best myself again later.....

S

Search for duck tape, there are lots of them
Yeah, the duct tape works good. 👍

Nice job @Dairyworker :)
I think it's safe to say that I've plateaued with that car. After LOTS of hot-lapping, my top 5 times are all within .005 of each other. :irked:
.688 (twice)
It appears that .68x is pretty much my limit.
*I still don't know what to do at the final turn. :lol:

Last edited:
Race A still great for me, never thought I'd actually see DR A. Doubt I'll stay unless one of the races next week is kind to me, but nice to say I've been there. Having a ton of fun with this race, really liking the GTO. Guess I do well with heavy predictably handling cars.

upload_2020-5-17_12-34-17.png

That DR reset between Day 25-30 was from the Monza GR.3 race a few weeks back. I'm usually pretty good at SPA, hopefully I can avoid dirty drivers next week.

What cars do you think will be good at races B and C next week? For reference, it’s respectively Gr.3 @ Spa-Francorchamps and Gr.4 @ Dragon Trail - Seaside II. I was thinking some MR car would be good for the latter, like the 4C, NSX, 458, or Huracan. And what about using the NSX Gr.3 for race B?

Enjoyed my week of daily races, particularly race B. Set a time on the RCZ then tried nearly every Gr4 car I had battling them. The Ferrari 458 and Subaru WRX were used the most.

The result of all this fun is losing nearly 10k DR for the week, Iam only 700 away from relegation to a C rating.

Also SR is now a B. Raced the last few hours and decided to bring karma to those that ruined my race! It's ok though, I guess it will make next weeks daily races interesting and they should be easy to come in a decent place and work my way back to clean racing.

What cars do you think will be good at races B and C next week? For reference, it’s respectively Gr.3 @ Spa-Francorchamps and Gr.4 @ Dragon Trail - Seaside II. I was thinking some MR car would be good for the latter, like the 4C, NSX, 458, or Huracan. And what about using the NSX Gr.3 for race B?
Seaside is a power car track in my opinion. GTR, Mustang, Jag (not sure after update). But there are a few MR that might keep up, the Mclaren's, the R8. Maybe the Toyota FT-1 too

Edit: sorry, mixed the track and classes up.
Gr4 is more equal. It used to be the Lambo on that track.

I did a Custom RAce C in the Supra. The car feels perfect! The flow of the corners in that direction really suits this car. On the limit in "COMI", sweet braking into the hairpin straight after. Keeping up corner speed with its short wheelbase. Climb up the hill may be a probalem, but the Descent is strong. Great balance changing direction off-throttle. The run downhill after the PZ, is taken in 3rd gear, hugs that apex and early throttle keeps the suspension planted. RUn to the final chicane is buttery smoooth. Just awesome. Tyres and fuel were non-issues. I started off in 20th with 1:53 lap times behind AI. When I broke away, I was down to 1:48s. We'll see how it does in the race.

Another thing, the suspension feels probably as good as the RC F. I think PD tuned it up in the last update. 👍

My first race C today.
I’m sure it’s different than most but I practice through the week and commit to race on Sunday.
I gave myself 10 laps to qualify and sat 7th then finished a clean race in 4th (17th race ever/B/S).
8 of the top 10 drivers had penalties.

I’m very new to GT Sport. I’ve played every GT game, but I just never had any desire to play an online centered game. The grind to get cars and money in GT was always the draw to me. I remember a few games ago I would grind on Indy for hours on end with the Mazda Furai.

This was one of my first weekends playing the daily race. I managed to get up to a D rating and an S for safety. I was in second place and the guy in front of me went off track. I thought this could be my moment to take my first victory, but he came flying back onto the track and I nailed him from behind. Not only did it shoot him forward, but my safety rating went down AND I got a 1 second penalty. Race was over at that point. I’m probably saying the same things everyone else complain about, but it made me frustrated that I got a penalty and my rating dropped. If I finish 2nd it’s ok. Probably impossible to code that in, but shouldn’t the driver who came barreling back onto the track be penalized? In real life we would have both been out of the race, but in GT it shot him ahead like a rocket and slowed me down.

I’m very new to GT Sport. I’ve played every GT game, but I just never had any desire to play an online centered game. The grind to get cars and money in GT was always the draw to me. I remember a few games ago I would grind on Indy for hours on end with the Mazda Furai.

This was one of my first weekends playing the daily race. I managed to get up to a D rating and an S for safety. I was in second place and the guy in front of me went off track. I thought this could be my moment to take my first victory, but he came flying back onto the track and I nailed him from behind. Not only did it shoot him forward, but my safety rating went down AND I got a 1 second penalty. Race was over at that point. I’m probably saying the same things everyone else complain about, but it made me frustrated that I got a penalty and my rating dropped. If I finish 2nd it’s ok. Probably impossible to code that in, but shouldn’t the driver who came barreling back onto the track be penalized? In real life we would have both been out of the race, but in GT it shot him ahead like a rocket and slowed me down.

The right thing for him to do would be to stop and wait until it was clear to return to the track. If I go off like that I'll drop behind the field until it's safe to return. Would definitley be nice for that guy to get a penalty (a big one), or for him to ghost so you could cruise right through him. Keep at the dailys, once I started I haven't touched the offline mode, still need to finish those Missions...once you get some competitive clean races in you'll be hooked.

Glad to say for my final race in RBR, I've gotten the biggest tryhard...

Anyway this guy leads the race with a good margin, averages in 1 35 800 a lap when i'm struggling to go under 1 36 500...

Makes a big enough mistake, cuts a corner, slows down and then gets a 0.5 penalty in turn 1 of last lap.
enough said, I push real hard, Go through turn 2 super fast and boom he has to go through the penalty process.

Catch him up, overtake him luckily just before he got out of ghosted.
Comes corner 3 and clearly annoyed that I overtook him after leading all the race tries take me out. In fact he does, but he probably felt guilty lol. I keep pushing hard behind, not given up my win. Comes last two corners, he goes super wide, gets a 1 second penalty in the process.. I take a sweet slower corner, enough to overtake him and literally win on the last corner.

Oh and btw, while coming back on track, he clearly tried to come back straight on me to take me in a spinning drive i guess to make sure I wouldn't win, big enough penalty, he ended up 3rd...
Sends me messages abt my dangerous driving and how he would report me..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back