"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, ive never been able to drive the gr3 GTR very well.
Just jumped on Nations pratice, not that i was going to enter. Ran few laps in Atenza cos i used it at Interlagos, 2min. Ouch ..RSR about the same. Tried the GTR and got 1.58.2. Within 3 laps..

Are me and power cars starting to get on?
My Dr is 16800 SR99.. Am i still off pace for this level?

Edit* Just remembered my 911 and Atenza laps were on hard tyres...
For the 3 races this week, anyone knows what car is best for each race?
Trying the viper for this first one. We’ll see

If you value SR, then give Race B a miss. The slightest side contact means SR down, whether you instigated it or not. In one race, I had 3 ambitious players dive bomb and even try to pass through Eau Rouge resulting in SR downs for me. I went from S to B in one race. Guess this is another week off from GT Sport for me.

Hi! This week races doesnt look good compared to last week, for me. Gr3 Spa should be C with Med and Hard, Hards mandatory, it will be interesting. Reversed Seaside in gr4... Another nostopper sprint race, boring. Of course I will be racing;)

Give all the races up, if that's the case. Since I started A/A, this is what happens when I missed qualy:
IMG_20200518_175538.jpg

Sheer stupidity in that race. I get alongside someone and they see it as a threat. Straightway side smashing me, from that 8th place RCZ.

Good smashed by a yellow Mustang.

Going thru COMI, there's no way to hit the brakes mid-chicane. An SLS unghosts and I tag it. I fell back down the order, losing 7 seconds.
Good thing the same race is long, I came back from about 16th..TWICE!

Caught that SLS and it wanted to run panels. I leaned back and I think it called truce because it was flashings it's hazards.

Anyway, this is what happens when qualifying in B. Computer wants to place me here 2 seconds quicker than P2 in an RCZ? Fine. I won by 35 seconds.
IMG_20200518_175543.jpg

Hope I can move back up, to see if the Supra can compete with faster players.

I don't know why your SR is going down, but I'm sure it's the reason why you are facing such torpedoes...
Honestly, in S idiots are quite rare especially once you reach B S

So race A is an Audi TT one make, and race C is an Audi TT one make, well done PD :)

To be fair, Race C is a bit of a laugh with people dive bombing all over the place, but not exactly a good selection of races. Oh well back to lobby racing.
Race A is getting nasty as well. SR down in 2 races after getting pushed off both times. Het mostly past on the inside of 1 turn, heading to next they just drive you off, no penalty, I get SR down and get to lap from the back. Ugh. Time to be a VW pirate, TT turns like a drunken cow.

I don't know why your SR is going down, but I'm sure it's the reason why you are facing such torpedoes...
Honestly, in S idiots are quite rare especially once you reach B S
I get the orange arrow for:

- crashed car rejoins on corner exit
- crashed car unghosts in chicane
- crashed car rejoins AT hairpin
- I get side smashed into barrier(I served back - daggone right I did. Worth the one second)
- I bumped at the uphill and downhill esses
- I bump a car that wants to crawl at the apex

Don't know why players are using the TCRs in Race C.

Edit: Scirocco is always the best car for the twisty stuff.

Last edited:
Tyre wear is very low in race c, so why not use cars that are really quick in a straight line? You could try using other cars but you'll just get passed on the straight and will have no way to get back past.

Does ASM still make the FWD cars faster and is it still available?

If it's a yes then it really is pointless running both Race A and Race C this week. I need to sort my pedals out anyway.:indiff:

I get back past with the handling.
Yeah, and in race A the VW is nice, like in your video, but I haven't started higher than p11 all night in A rooms, get to p8 in the crowd and it seems it is just a matter of time. Got to be more careful. Guy punted me twice last race and called me dirty!:confused:

Time to figure out how to get SR back, missed race C by about a second :banghead:

Start close enough at the front and the RCZ can't catch into T1. Braking and corner exit of an FR, can keep up the momentum.
The pole M4 slowed down at the start and the TT hit the chicane. I'm not the best out front, but those consistent laps show the Supra is no problem at all.

Back to A/S. So, I'll see how the Supra goes tomorrow.

IMG_20200518_195723.jpg

IMG_20200518_195558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_195622.jpg
    IMG_20200518_195622.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 10
Managed a final couple of Race Cs at Interlagos, and almost entirely clean which was great, but very different races. First one started 12th, some close racing for the first few laps and got up to 5th, then from about lap 6, I wasn't within 2s of anyone else for the rest of the race. Race 2 I again started 12th, and had a lot of close and clean racing all the way through, until the final lap. Started the lap 5th with 3rd to 6th all grouped very close, contact between 3rd and 4th through T1-3 meant I got up to 4th and alongside 3rd on the outside for T4. Outbraked myself and had to back out on the curb on the exit, back down to 6th. 3rd and 4th were side by side out of Bico do Pato, and 4th spun off, 3rd was slow from the contact, new 4th was also slow but still got alongside before Juncao, I had a lot more speed than them, but made the mistake of going for the inside. I was fully alongside, but before we'd even reached the braking zone, the middle car slammed sideways into me, sending me across the grass, and collecting the outside car on the exit. I picked up a 1s penalty, the middle car got 2s but was well clear and the other one quit. I recovered to finish 5th, and the other car lost 3rd with the penalty, but I would probably have done better by just holding back and letting them take each other out!

Really enjoyed the week at Interlagos, wish there had been more tyre wear, but I'm up to a best ever DR of 15.8k and still holding 99 SR. Will probably do mostly Race C again this week, expect my aversion to FF racing cars will see me falling back a bit on the DR front, but I'm happy to just enjoy the racing!

Ok who's idea was it to put a penalty zone in between Eau Rouge and Raidillion? :lol:
Always been here in FIA races. I find it the best place cos all the loosers that just crash into you will have to slow down when everyone is full speed and get in the last spots of a race

EDIT : wait have they put it into Raidillon?

And if you can get the RCZ to turn you might be nearly untouchable in race A. I was on the rear bumper of a TT coming out of the final turn at Suzuka, a pug behind me still reeled us in over 0.3 in that short time, was borderline 0.4. Something is wrong there.
Yeah, my first race A, I closed in on an RCZ, but it knew to go super slow into corners and use it's torque out of T1 and from pit entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back