"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats their point actually? I have never seen a guy from the back finishing top5 ?
I'd rather get 500DR points and a win than 750DR points and a 10th place

I’ve won many races starting last, with CRB. ;)

Edit: Where you start has zero bearing on DR gains, only where you finish, so weather you start and finish P1 or start last and finish P1, the DR gain for that race will be the exact same.

That's a bit of BS... If you start in top3, in general you are free all race. It's just a mess at the back and quite often guess who does the mess, those loosers that start without a set time and who just try to push people to go ahead ...

No, if you start top 3, you then have 9-17 cars behind you who can(and do) make T1 mistakes and ruin you race before it even gets started. Plus, starting on pole and running away with races is boring as 🤬, so again, I’ll run races however the 🤬 I want to, don’t like it? Then “get gud” and figure out how to not let us past you during the race, Cleanly. ;)

Starting up front in a daily race in NA rarely offers much competition, unless your racing during prime time. Only thing it offers is the chance of getting punted in T1 in most cases, so I start at the back and work my way up. I don’t really care if people don’t like it, I don’t drive dirty and we can all play the game however we want to. ;)

This is definitely a thing too from videos I've seen, the standard (in non FIA races) is lower in the Americas region and you could achieve good results starting last more often than you can in other regions, especially EMEA. Spending time getting a good Q lap in to start 1st (or near enough) is counter-productive when it gains you few (if any) places by the end of a race and it is far less fun lapping at the front alone.

Running from the back of the grid is fun. How many places can you make in one race? Some people enjoy the challenge.

Whats their point actually? I have never seen a guy from the back finishing top5

PEr1vF6.jpg

Note to self: Don't be over-reliant on cone markers.

Was leading the Gr.3 race at Spa heading into Turn 9. Only just realised the outside cone was pushed up and didn't lift my accelerator in time. Spun-out at the turn and, just like that, six places were given up.

Anyone here have similar stories to share? Stuff about clutching defeat from the jaws of victory...
Was at Willow Run last week when someone had taken out the 100m board at one of the fast turns (T1, I think)... three of the top four in front of me went straight off into the dust! I'll take 2nd place, thank you very much! Had to laugh. It was a train of GTO's straight off. I was actually lucky I was trailing them a bit, would have likely been right behind them.

Are there people who intentionally flash their lights, thinking it should have some meaning to the guy in front of them? :lol:
Yes. Last lobby Bonus Race at NBR with the Fiat. I flashed for the last 500m hoping to distract the car in front. :mischievous:

I can't remember who was in front. Hopefully they though it was funny because 500m in that Fiat was like a half minute. :lol:

These 3 races are the a
uthentic mirror of a society after a pandemic, poor!
Need more cars, new tracks, rally in weekly events also in TT,,, need to be a rich game, it's not enough to be good.
The game is not really new, they are working on the next version, they have given us, free of charge, tons of updates along the way and yet people complain about lack of updates.
In my world that is disrespectful. How much did you pay for the game?

I know I got a lot for my money. If I calculate by the hour it's amazingly cheap!

Yes. Last lobby Bonus Race at NBR with the Fiat. I flashed for the last 500m hoping to distract the car in front. :mischievous:

I can't remember who was in front. Hopefully they though it was funny because 500m in that Fiat was like a half minute. :lol:
The cars in front were 3 wide for a while so I kept flashing my lights hoping they would think I was the police and pull over :lol:

I'm still unsure of what cars will be best for races B and C. I was thinking something MR for C, including the Huracan, but what about race B? Maybe the NSX Gr.3?

Note to self: Don't be over-reliant on cone markers.

Was leading the Gr.3 race at Spa heading into Turn 9. Only just realised the outside cone was pushed up and didn't lift my accelerator in time. Spun-out at the turn and, just like that, six places were given up.

Anyone here have similar stories to share? Stuff about clutching defeat from the jaws of victory...

Lol I was racing gr3 at BW with @sturk0167 a few weeks back and someone took out all of the T1 signage, not just the cones. I rode off into the sunset, lol. Totally missed the braking point. I blamed Sturk but he swears he didn’t do it :lol:

Sounds good - what about Race B?

For me, it doesn't really matter. Gr.3 (as far as I'm concerned) is more about driving what you like driving, instead of worrying about the meta. The vast majority of us will never hit the limits in Gr.3, so why worry?

This is why I use the 'Vette, pretty much everywhere.

Actually, I recommend the 'Vette. It's good fun at Spa.

Did some qualy laps on race A.
Got 0:51.193 with the TT.
Slippery understeery you name it.

I really dont get why the tunes need to be so bad???
Miss your turn in just one pixel and lap is ruined.
I think that if the cars drove better, more balanced, the races would be more clean.
Now with these tunes, punt is the only tool in average drivers tool box.

I may remap the headlight switch some day. Every once in a while someone mentions my flashing lights after the race.
Aside from that, I don't really care, and I can't imagine why anyone else would.
Are there people who intentionally flash their lights, thinking it should have some meaning to the guy in front of them? :lol:

If someone pushes me out of their way I'll flash my lights at them with furious rage. I guess if they're happy to push their way past then I'm sure they're happy to ignore my flashing but it makes me feel a bit better.

I have better luck and a boost of DR that way. Maybe later on during the week I’ll qualify.

How long have you played this game? You know as well as I do is no matter where you start, you will get screwed.

T1 and the chicane, you definitely don’t wanna be mid pack on lap 1 lol

Do you get more DR for not qualifying at all and finishing in position 'X' vs setting a qualifying time and finishing in position 'X'?

The ten-lap race takes you to Dragon Trail and the original Seaside layout, but in the reverse direction. This makes the Chicane of Death slightly less deathy, but the following hairpin has multiple lines, all of which are wrong.

:lol::lol::lol:

I get back past with the handling.

Unless you can make a fast straight line car handle. :crazy: It's not easy to do with just brake bias, but it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back