"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well despite all the SR woes I’m sure we’ve all had this week, I’ve really enjoyed some great races at race B this week, and a good one or two at C!

Most of all great to get some races in with the GTplanet people and some TPC! Glad to be in a tier of lobbies at the moment where I encounter you folks a lot, and I’ve made some good “racing buddies” from the tough racing as well! Race B had also helped me a lot in terms of staying super tight and patient-so it’s been a good week for me to improve!

looking forward to more! Goodluck out there!

I love Austria. It has legit passing zones, not stupid long, no pointless corners (looking at you fuji, autopolis, alsace, st croix) and folks make a lot of errors enabling pressue passing tactics.

Unfortunately group 4 is a mess and it's a ff fest.

ff they start near the front they can get a good gap, mid pack and towards the rear they get in the way and make for some exciting racing.

I have driven the Atenza all week and it been great, tyre wear is minimal making the ff easy pickings towards the end of the race.

Had some odd penalties this week, 4 seconds for tapping someone up the rear on corner exit and a DR reset from 32k to 15k after I got mixed up in a massive last lap squabble.

The journey back to S so far has been fun and cleanish ( much better than the dreaded low S ) I would be happy so race low BS it’s a much nicer place

Much better evening. High quality racing. Didn't try hard. Just stayed with the leader even when the TT tyres fell off.
EbjjAasUwAAIwaV

EbleiFTUYAAZR8j

Was behind an RCZ. That went off. Then followed the RC F, that went off. Stayed with the TT, that went wide. Ran smooth to the finish.
EbllNnlU8AEKirg

EbllX92VAAA3Vid
That has been a fun race. The track makes for a good challenge.

Swear I've skimmed thru the last few pages couple of times... has anybody posted next weeks daily races? Sorry if I missed it! Hoping it's not another week of sitting out.

Had a bad race B a little while ago. Left the door a little open in T2 so a Beetle went through. No problem, I just had to brake a little early for T3. And so the BMW behind me taps me enough to make me scrape the wall.
Then in McPhillamy Park he forces a pass that puts me halfway off track,swings in front and brakes hard. I can't brake, my wheels are in the dirt....
I hit him,send him to the wall,goes to the other wall myself and dings once more, before he goes off ahead of me.
I am behind him with a 2.5 sec penalty.
DFL and 7 seconds behind the next driver.
On lap 2 I get 3 purple sectors, running all alone.
On lap 3 I close up at the esses, then ahead of me there is some ruckus and I am able to pass one, then the guy that bumped me was ahead and runs off by him self (he might expect me to retaliate.) And then I pass two more in the final corner. So finished p11

Last edited:
Hoping to get 70k plus driver rating tonight with a bit of luck in race B, set a qualy time of 2.02.2
I've had a go with pretty much all FR cars
Any suggestions of ones to try for some added entertainment

Swear I've skimmed thru the last few pages couple of times... has anybody posted next weeks daily races? Sorry if I missed it! Hoping it's not another week of sitting out.

Its back on page 14.

I really thought the carnage of the Red Bull's on Monza last week was something but Fugu Z has opened the eyes even more. :dunce:

At least next week has a "chance" for some recovery.

Race A Tsukuba N300 One Make
Race B Red Bull Ring Gr4
Race C Suzuka Gr2

Last edited:
Hi, first post for me on here, I have really enjoyed race C this week, I've had some really fun races and the BoP changes have evened up the field nicely and made my precious Ferrari competitive! I've also spent a significant amount of time smashing into the barrier at turn one when I've got the line ever so slightly wrong!

Looking forward to RBR next week (and maybe Suzuka, I like Suzuka, Suzuka does not like me). Not sure if it's a coincidence that the Austrian Grand Prix is happening next weekend.

I like RBR, had my first win there, and my first FIA win too. I will likely give it a try at least.
I found I actually like driving the track, but when I race there things always go wrong somehow. My race pace and control there is just not that good. So my halfway ok qualifying time just puts me in spots where I struggle to manage the impatient people behind. And I only seem to gain when someone goes off.

I found I actually like driving the track, but when I race there things always go wrong somehow. My race pace and control there is just not that good. So my halfway ok qualifying time just puts me in spots where I struggle to manage the impatient people behind. And I only seem to gain when someone goes off.
For me it's all about hitting my marks every time and driving my own race. Rear view mirror and radar are essential.

Well this week was a ton of fun. Im in love with Mt. Panorama. I really wish this was race c with tire changes and more laps, but maybe soon. This is my first time I've been able to do a ranked race at this circuit. My previous experience here may have been a total of 30 minutes. I got my Q time down to a 2:02.3, but heres some races from Friday night: Please add me as a friend to race, I am always racing!

Thanks!

Had my first race C session in months today and would still be on it if my missus hadn't come home from work. 10 back to back races... Would have been 11 but I got a DC.

10 different cars in races without qualifying and every type of race thrown in. Squeaky clean and all the way up to one of the most brutal races I've ever been involved in. Half the field were out for revenge punts and I got caught up in most of them but it was a good laugh watching everyone's desperate to get their own back antics. Lots and last second dodging needed.:lol:

I love Austria. It has legit passing zones, not stupid long, no pointless corners (looking at you fuji, autopolis, alsace, st croix) and folks make a lot of errors enabling pressue passing tactics.

Unfortunately group 4 is a mess and it's a ff fest.
This week, in Oceania anyway, GR.4 has b en more like real GT4. The FFs haven't been dominant.
The way the week started out, it were the RCZ and WRX. GT-Rs too. It slowly morphed to 458s and a few TTs. Towards the end of the week, it's been mostly RWD cars(458s and 650s appear the dominant choices). RC F, F-Type, Vantage, a couple M4s, Caymans, Vipers, not many Mustangs(I think I've only seen one and that was Me). Those that use the FFs have been solely relying on top speed to build a gap, before tyre wear sets in during the last three laps.

This specific track, has actually made the field more competitive.

This week, in Oceania anyway, GR.4 has b en more like real GT4. The FFs haven't been dominant.
The way the week started out, it were the RCZ and WRX. GT-Rs too. It slowly morphed to 458s and a few TTs. Towards the end of the week, it's been mostly RWD cars(458s and 650s appear the dominant choices). RC F, F-Type, Vantage, a couple M4s, Caymans, Vipers, not many Mustangs(I think I've only seen one and that was Me). Those that use the FFs have been solely relying on top speed to build a gap, before tyre wear sets in during the last three laps.

This specific track, has actually made the field more competitive.
I think the thing with Race C this week is that with the Tyre wear it has brought the FF cars back to the pack. Problem with next week and no tyre wear for Race B the FF cars will probably be dominant again. Although the better drivers will most likely be able to make some alternatives work.

I think the thing with Race C this week is that with the Tyre wear it has brought the FF cars back to the pack. Problem with next week and no tyre wear for Race B the FF cars will probably be dominant again. Although the better drivers will most likely be able to make some alternatives work.
Maybe Viper, C7, GT-R and WRX for this week.

My FF cars are still stock & if they were real, they would be collecting dust. I'll be out in the Viper & 'Vette, if I can get any free driving time this week. I would mix the Mustang in there, but I know a few spots at RBR that will cause tire spin in tight corners & I'll run out of talent.

Tried race A twice just now. Gained DR after each race, but I’m still not a fan. I’m still quite uncomfortable with the car(s) combined with the track, and especially with how people have been driving for those two races. I sort of prefer something like Gr.4 on this course - something with more downforce.

It's not too hard to keep the tires on the RCZ in good shape for 10 laps. Brake balance to the rear and dropping power/engine map to level 2 also helps considerably. If Race C was15 laps then I would start having some issues by end of race.

Raced my final races of the week. Never really got out of race A since I was really enjoying the car. Looks like I'll havd to give all 3 a try next week. All good tracks for me. Hope the A car is something fun. (Psst...we can keep the Z from this week...)
Finished the week with a lot of wins. (Maybe 20) And a bunch of podiums. A few top tens when my SR got blasted. Got some good finishes from the back, but raced mostly on my main account at DR-A. Many poles with my time, but I actually liked the P2 & 3 starts better. The draft is a killer and it seems even most of the A drivers seem to think that everywhere is fair game to pass. Took 3 P2 finishes tonight where I should have won, but I backed off to avoid the crash. Maybe it's me, but IMHO, passing should not be attempted in the high speed curvy straight, or the final set of esses, assuming the guy in front is at speed and on line. I told one guy that took one win from me that next time, I wouldn't back off.
Just because you can stick a nose in, doesn't mean you should. Am I wrong?

Raced my final races of the week. Never really got out of race A since I was really enjoying the car. Looks like I'll havd to give all 3 a try next week. All good tracks for me. Hope the A car is something fun. (Psst...we can keep the Z from this week...)
Finished the week with a lot of wins. (Maybe 20) And a bunch of podiums. A few top tens when my SR got blasted. Got some good finishes from the back, but raced mostly on my main account at DR-A. Many poles with my time, but I actually liked the P2 & 3 starts better. The draft is a killer and it seems even most of the A drivers seem to think that everywhere is fair game to pass. Took 3 P2 finishes tonight where I should have won, but I backed off to avoid the crash. Maybe it's me, but IMHO, passing should not be attempted in the high speed curvy straight, or the final set of esses, assuming the guy in front is at speed and on line. I told one guy that took one win from me that next time, I wouldn't back off.
Just because you can stick a nose in, doesn't mean you should. Am I wrong?
High speed curvy straigt is ok for a pass i believe but the final esses big no no!

Well mixed results for me in my racing last week but I managed to settle into a routine with Race B and didn't have too much penalties and actually gained some DR/SR on two of my accounts but unsurprisingly the R4M one still stays quite low at 21 points but that's an improvement over the 1 point I had at the start of the week! :lol:

Rearranging my gaming environment this week so that will put some downtime on actual racing but will be planning to do some racing at the weekend alongside the return of "real" F1

What is the car for Race A this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back