"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
It's amazing that the fwd drag queens aka the RCZ and audi TTs cannot dominate at Sardegna.

That's your version/point of view! I 've won at least 10 times using RCZ/Audi TT as well as 2nd and 3rd place. No problem for me driving at Sardegna.

I had fun racing them in race C, but in anything with less power you simply lose massively on the straights when the FF JATO kicks in. Was in the Megane Trophy, got a killer launch from the last turn, ran all up to the bumper of an RCZ and promptly watched it pull 3 tenths in me the rest of the straight! Still passed it when they binned it at the second 90 degree right, but man those things still have a rocket in the tailpipe.

20200627152705.jpg

Mandatory "We love you @sturk0167 !" post.
It's still your fault. :D

Safety Rating system is a complete joke. Got bumped in Race A, knocked me down to 90. So jumped in a Race C with no intent to do more than collect 10 SR. Got rear ended barely when I was completely clear of L1 T1 mess, the. A guy spun in front of me with no contact, and as he broadsided me in my rear quarter panel, I got a penalty and an SR wholloping. Such a joke. Now I’m at 70 and flirting with a reset I suppose.

After that Nations race and getting hit in Race A, down to B/A. Jump in Race C, with a fast clean player and get rewarded back up to B/S. I think driver ratings should be Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Rating should be based on the PS system(I wish) rather than the PSN ID.
EbjjAasUwAAIwaV

I am shattered.

Qualy at Bathurst is a 2.04.4 with an optimal of 2.04 flat as I messed up the last sector a few times.

I decides to give the Vantage a whirl and like the power, seems suited to the track as turn in is ok too. About 5 laps in I see 19 flat for sector 1, that's as fast as i've gone...... then........

- I get a belter out of Griffiths, smooth and linear exit up into the cutting
- I carry good speed, keep it tight and don't spin on the exit up the hill
- I take the fast right at damn near full clip, i never do that, I can feel I am on a lap
- Reid, Sulman and mcphillamy are perfect, absolutely nail them with hard full throttle out of each
- Carry huge speed into the dipper, keep it together, exit hard and clean after hugging the apex
- Absolutely nail forrests elbow, perfect

This feels fast, i've done a million laps in this game and this feels better than any of them ..... i cross the 3rd sector stripe at 1.34.2, i've never broken 35................

I get to the chase, try not to be greedy or too timid as when i'm tmid i clip the inside kerb too hard. I over do it and run wide, hit the gas early trying to make up for it and spin off.

Absolutely gutted. I manage to get down to a 2.03.7 a few laps later but i check the splits, my sectors 2 and 3 of m hot lap were a staggering 3/4 second faster than I did on my 03.7. My optimal is a 2.03 flat.....you gotta be kidding me.....shattered. I will never do that time again, i can't, i threw absolutely everything at it and it all came off.

God, Race A has been fun but holy crap has it been SR death. I'm down to 67 now and that's with me trying to actively avoid contact.
Had similar issues, it was a death spiral. Went into Dailies after a disappointing FIA race. Got an easy win at Race A, so ran it again. But get an SR hit, so rerun it. Get another SR hit for something equally stupid and unfair.

Guy lifts and blocks under braking in the last hairpin: we touch ever so slightly, I lose 9 SR. Guy weaves to block me in S-turns in final sector: I lose 9 SR. The system is such garbage.

That would seriously hurt me. I have several kids playing and while they try to behave they never seem to get out of SR C. Not malicious, just bad drivers
Ditto. I'm sure the same applies in a lot of families. I am however in favour of a rolling average system that weights your current SR based on your last 14 days, or maybe your last 30 races, something along those lines. That would push the serial yoyo SR's down the table but would not greatly impact the occasional racing incident. Given the current state of the penalty system it would take a month or two for the effects to be felt, but in the long run it would clean up racing for the clean racers.

How can you anticipate and stay clear of cars braking in front of you, slamming in to the back of you, ramming you into the side ect all of which have drained everyone's DR and SR yes there needs to be a system in place, I have no idea on what the best system would be but surely there is one better, even bad drivers can improve given half a chance.

How can you anticipate and stay clear of cars braking in front of you, slamming in to the back of you, ramming you into the side ect all of which have drained everyone's DR and SR yes there needs to be a system in place, I have no idea on what the best system would be but surely there is one better, even bad drivers can improve given half a chance.
You can anticipate a great deal of that by studying your opponents.
Last night at Fujii I was behind a racer for three laps watching him make contact with everyone he was close.
So I knew that when and if I passed he would try with me too.
So I made sure to pass in a safe way and it worked.
Keeping an eye on the rear view mirror also alerted me that he was going to dive in the chikane, so I delayed my turn-in and he flew by.

This one had a bit of bashing. I got knocked around by some 458s and a couple other cars around me. Went from 6th to about 10th/11th. Stayed calm and just ran smooth. Cars started getting penalties and the TTs were losing grip.
Eblr-nSUEAAc2gQ

EblsEvCVAAESII_

Sometimes if you're not making desparate moves, cars behind will see you're safe to be around. We all see players that don't care. However, if you're showing a bit of patience, it nearly lowers the heartrate of those ahead and behind. Again, it's all about who you're racing, but sometimes it does happen.

Just spent the earlier part of the evening having some blasts in race A on my alt. All really clean and fun. I made mistakes, others did too, but no punting and barely any contact with each other, just all bumping walls a touch trying to push the limits. Great fun and a real good feeling to just race away knowing there is nothing crazy rocketing in from the back. Good races are there. And they keep us coming back. :cheers:

Still not going to put much into dailies next week though. Suzuka kills me and RBR is worse than Tokyo for SR. All alt all the time for a week I guess.:D

Another one. Well, I don't know where this M4 performance came from. It was ridiculous when I first used it yesterday.

Anyway, Dropped to 10th by T2, doing a burn out on corner exit. Fought with a 650S for first half of the race. Managed to criss cross it atone of the 90degree turns. It was the run to Bell Tower where I was ahead, another 650S was towards my left rear corner and the 650S I overtook, was just about outside of that. It decides to brake and cut back behind me, but brakes too late. Sending me into the wall. I recover, that 650S gets a penalty, serves it and quits. I guess to save face.

Down in 9th, head down and just race smooth. RC F is tailing me for a few laps. I'm catching a Jag up ahead. Got by with a couple laps to go. Rifle off some quick laps and build a gap to the finish.
EbmAwFjUYAAiJXQ

EbmA2qYVcAIT5DX

We'll see how it does at RBR tomorrow.

Something must've clicked overnight, I'm down to less than half a second off my K' target for quali at Sardegna on the wheel now. Even that is over a second off Pigems' lap though. :lol:

You wanna know how much I want to pull my hair out? I set my fastest QT for race C yesterday....and it's still a second slower than Pigems. :dunce:

And what did such a good QT give me at the end of the race?

50052898412_94e455abc5_b.jpg

Not bad. I'll take it & about 1000 DR plus 10 SR points. Getting the profiles back into better standings. 👍

I like RBR, had my first win there, and my first FIA win too. I will likely give it a try at least.

More fun facts from the TPC Lounge. I heard how awful RBR was from the time it came up dailies until now. I can't hate on it too badly. I got a win in Gr. 3 there before. And I got some cool photos from the race too. I do sometimes get amazed by the quirks of the game. I've gotten my first win on 2 accounts at Autopolis. But it's still an Achilles' heel to me (probably from drivers who punt there).

I love Austria. It has legit passing zones, not stupid long, no pointless corners (looking at you fuji, autopolis, alsace, st croix) and folks make a lot of errors enabling pressue passing tactics.

Unfortunately group 4 is a mess and it's a ff fest.

Not in the rooms I've been in. Of the few races where I haven't punched my ticket to the Shadow Realm, it's been mostly RWD cars taking off. In fact, the 2 second place videos I've shared here were won by MR cars (458 & 650S) with me in a Viper & Corvette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back