"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't make myself do that. :scared: At least, not in a race.
I always do at least a slight lift. I know it may cost me about .2, but my success rate of making it unscathed is much better. :lol:

I've gotten pretty good at it with my practice but I've noticed already that car selection plays a huge part on that.

For instance both the Vantage and the 4C Gr.4 cars can go through it flat out, but while the 4C is great on turn in, the kerb can make it unpredictable if you hit it with your right tyres. While the Vantage feels like it's not gonna make it 90% of the time, it actually is just a placebo effect and it WILL make it, unless you've royally screwed up the corner. Stuff like that is stuff I love to see, it's things that you don't really see unless you drive cars that would otherwise be collecting dirt in your garage.

I've gotten pretty good at it with my practice but I've noticed already that car selection plays a huge part on that.

For instance both the Vantage and the 4C Gr.4 cars can go through it flat out, but while the 4C is great on turn in, the kerb can make it unpredictable if you hit it with your right tyres. While the Vantage feels like it's not gonna make it 90% of the time, it actually is just a placebo effect and it WILL make it, unless you've royally screwed up the corner. Stuff like that is stuff I love to see, it's things that you don't really see unless you drive cars that would otherwise be collecting dirt in your garage.
@Pigems can correct me if I'm wrong (he has a good memory), but I seem to recall that the last time we did this race, the Lexus was one of the best. It definitely has plenty of spider webs on it, in a dark corner of my garage. :)

@Pigems can correct me if I'm wrong (he has a good memory), but I seem to recall that the last time we did this race, the Lexus was one of the best. It definitely has plenty of spider webs on it, in a dark corner of my garage. :)

Will be trying the Audi next, like I said in alphabetical order. The Vantage is 8 tenths faster than the 4C (Vantage got, in my hands, a 1:45.726 while the 4C a 1:46.441... both had optimal times that were pretty much 1 tenth or less quicker, so the times are pretty solid), BoP having a bit of an off day I see :lol:👍!

At Interlagos it's much closer but the Vantage is still quicker. Let's see how the FF machine does :D.

EDIT: Having tried the TT, my best lap was a 1:45.856! It's pretty dang close between that and the Vantage, surprisingly so. Personally I actually preferred how the TT handled, but it's pretty nice to know something else can take the fight to the FF crowd.

Going by optimal times after 10 or so laps, the Vantage is quicker on the first and last sector while the TT is quicker on the second sector, but these are really small margins. They're pretty much equal. Surprising...

Last edited:
The Lexus?! :rolleyes::yuck: Noooooooo. Doooooon't use that. Anything but the Lexus. It's been fun having this car all to myself since the 2020 FIA season started. Hrumpf!! What was I lying? Man, sorry for anyone choosing the Lexus. Don't know why PD put that car in the game.

I avoided that race, prettymich all dailies this week, but especially that one for exactly that reason.

Gotta give you bonus credit for getting the green arrow there at the end though. Classic:scared:

Even the Race B is bumper cars at times. I was super clean and tried to avoid all kind of contact but had a reset in just one race with a B/B field.
I have to confess i am a bit stubborn and dont back down fighting with dirty pilots. (Which i must quit doin, i know) It is better for one to calm down and stay at the back in a dirty field, if not you will be punted and left back anyway with some penalty or even a reset. Worse.

Last edited:
Even the Race B is bumper cars at times. I was super clean and tried to avoid all kind of contact but had a reset in just one race with a B/B field.
I have to confess i am a bit stubborn and dont back down fighting with dirty pilots. (Which i must quit doin, i know) It is better for one to calm down and stay at the back in a dirty field, if not you will be punted and left back anyway with some penalty or even a reset. Worse.
Hey man, (or woman) you are not alone there. I wouldn't have gotten 2 resets if I had learned to listen back out and give up on it against dirty bumpers. Racing where the bumps are that minor shouldn't lead to resets. I suppose I should learn, but I do like close racing. Something PD seems to want people to have, but then discourages with the penalty system. Hmmmmm. Dilemmas dilemmas.

I would still rather race than drive about in a panic, sweating about my SR. And I mostly do. But the result cam be an instant (sometimes) unearned plop into a lobby where you become the rabbit. Thus losing out on the racing bit.

Definitely work to be done.

I still can't make myself do that. :scared: At least, not in a race.
I always do at least a brief lift. I know it may cost me about .2, but my success rate of making it unscathed is much better. :lol:

We know what happens if you go flat out through the CoD. :lol:

Is this the same Race B we had at DTS a few months back that was either a PUGfest or TT Cup?

I don’t care if there is a META car at any track. I drive what i feel comfortable in. No FF for me. Corvette usually gets the call at DTS for races. Last time we went the forward direction, lot of people showed up in Lambos.

We know what happens if you go flat out through the CoD. :lol:

I don’t care if there is a META car at any track. I drive what i feel comfortable in. No FF for me. Corvette usually gets the call at DTS for races. Last time we went the forward direction, lot of people showed up in Lambos.

I feel the same way, except it's the pony that comes out to play.

I think I was using the Lexus here the last time we had Gr.2 at Seaside, I’m not 100% sure what will be best in Gr.4. The Jag was still good last time here, but it sucks now, Lambo used to be good here too. Probably gonna be a TT Cup race most likely.

Well it’s been a good week for me! Got my A-DR from Fuji, and managed to keep it after 3-4 more races, and a couple of Nationals where I was way outta my league, so that’s a win for me lol.

Made some good leaps in skill this week in regards to trail braking and overall balancing the car, and got into some good zones mentally.

A lot of hard clean racing this week from familiar faces and strangers, felt good to have these races and start to reach a point where I ALMOST feel like I’m starting to “race” rather than just battle the track 8)

No idea what I’ll run next week. Monza sounds tempting, but I’m not particularly strong here, which is worrisome on top of the SR nightmare it could be at anytime lol. We’ll see.

Hope to catch you folks out there! Goodluck till then!

Don't think much of the matching system, keep getting put in races where the top 5 are around 7-10 sec faster than me, just did a race and the bottom 6 cars ran out of time.
Yes the race needs to come to an end in good time but at least give the slower cars a race they can actually finish. :confused:

Well it’s been a good week for me! Got my A-DR from Fuji, and managed to keep it after 3-4 more races, and a couple of Nationals where I was way outta my league, so that’s a win for me lol.

Made some good leaps in skill this week in regards to trail braking and overall balancing the car, and got into some good zones mentally.

A lot of hard clean racing this week from familiar faces and strangers, felt good to have these races and start to reach a point where I ALMOST feel like I’m starting to “race” rather than just battle the track 8)

No idea what I’ll run next week. Monza sounds tempting, but I’m not particularly strong here, which is worrisome on top of the SR nightmare it could be at anytime lol. We’ll see.

Hope to catch you folks out there! Goodluck till then!

Monza is very fun but can be quite chaotic. Since it's a race with fuel and tyre wear on, that makes the choice a bit more difficult...

I was considering either the McLaren F1 (which I've ran in @Pigems ' DRWF lobby, with slipstream it ate up pretty much anything, even @Qyn 's V12 Vantage! Was a pretty cool race), the 650S GT3, which I've heard received a major buff even though it's still quite under the radar, or the wide fastboi Peugeot, or like PD likes to call it, the Peugeot PEUGEOT VGT (seriously, when will they learn that a full CAPS LOCK isn't needed? :lol:)

Also, I conclude my testings at Dragon Trail, for now. Some good insight was gained, it won´t be an FF Festa like many think.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200802143000.jpg

Results from testing indicate otherwise, well, yes, it´s an FF 1-2-3, however there is potential improvement for most cars (only a tenth or so, though). Only the 4C (and handling cars in general) are off the pace here. The TT Cup surprised me, thought it´d be fourth but hey, it is what it is.

In regard to the potential improvement, two cars stood out from the pack. The best had optimals of 1:45.4´s, like the Mégane and the RC F, while most other cars had optimals of 1:45.6´s and below (Vantage, Veyron, TT). Only two cars had potential optimals of 1:45.3´s:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200802141004.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200802142945.jpg

But in any case, the pack will be close, only excluding the handling cars like the Mégane Trophy, 86 and 4C and such. Looking forward to this! :cheers: :gtplanet:

Matching should be done solely on you Q time nothing else, like the real world.
Any more than 8 penalty points in one race is a 24 hr ban, any more than 18 in a day is a weeks ban lol.

Sounds good to me, I would love to see how the system works out in races where qualifying times don't interfere with the starting order. Solely sorted by DR for those not wanting to qualify like me :cheers:

Btw, one little bump from behind is -10 SR, 24 hr ban :lol:

The Gr.4 BOP has favoured the Veyron and Huracan at Seaside in the past.
Maybe it's because I was using automatic transmission, but when I tested the Huracan at Seaside yesterday, the braking distance was really long, compared to other cars. I would worry about getting punted, due to having to brake earlier than the others. It could just be me, though. :dopey:

The Gr.4 BOP has favoured the Veyron and Huracan at Seaside in the past. I also usually enjoy the GT-R. I'd assume the FFs will be around the top this week, but they'll be tough through the esses during a race.

Always liked the Huracán 'round Seaside. Very comfortable and easy to drive.

The Gr.4 BOP has favoured the Veyron and Huracan at Seaside in the past. I also usually enjoy the GT-R. I'd assume the FFs will be around the top this week, but they'll be tough through the esses during a race.
This is the final lap of a race from the last daily Gr.4 Seaside combo. With the Hyundai, I out-braked my way into the lead, but lost it, along with second place when I tried to go outside in, on the final turn, but forgot about the car behind me. :lol: Good racing, though.
As you can see, there were no front-wheel drives in the picture. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back