"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in Fuji, doesn't Kudos normally say "one-make" if it's going to be only one car available? Both A and C for next week don't have that, could we have two races with sets of provided cars?

Bugatti GR.1?

Just did a Race A, 3/12. I had one bar. So, pulled over at the start. Cars went off and I'm up to 6th.

Cars served penalties and I'm up to 5th.
Catch up to the lead 4. Behind an orange Scirocco. They all clash at the second chicane. All have penalties.

When we get to the firstright-hander, th Scirocco slams on the brakes, BUT moves slightly left. I can't avoid enough to the right and get 2 seconds for Collision with another car. :rolleyes: Orange arrow for me. We get to the PZ and it doesn't serve. Have to serve on the last lap.

The win was on and that dang Scirocco knew what it was doing, to make sure I got a penalty. Red "S" post race.

I'll try again til I get closer to A again. Might do the Manu race.

Kill me please. Had a great A race, started P12, no quali, my first race there this week.
Last
lap, I'm P7 going for my 4th clean race in a row and then...the guy hit me from behind in Ascari, I keep it on the track and on the way out he sends me flying. 1 sec penalti for me plus P12, nothing for the guy. I'll try to post the video soon.

Hey, thanks guys. 👍 :lol:
Watching what was going on ahead of me, I was expecting to gain at least 1 position at the next turn.
Is there some sort of deep-seeded soccer-related thing between those two nations? :odd:

I've actually been using the Monza race A to increase my SR today.
Here's how it works:
Step 1- Don't qualify
Step 2- Wait a bit after the start before hitting the throttle
Step 3- Sit back and wait for the cretins to do whatever they're gonna do to each other
Step 4- Try to just mostly go for the easy passes (crashes/penalties)

This is what my typical first lap has looked like (plenty of early braking and coasting).
I finished 2nd in this one. 👍

*A Scirocco will out-turn an RCZ, easily. Also, with the slipstream set to weak, if you're within 1.5 seconds, it will pull on them on the straights. :D

Last edited:
Hey, thanks guys. 👍 :lol:
Watching what was going on ahead of me, I was expecting to gain at least 1 position at the next turn.
Is there some sort of deep-seeded soccer-related thing between those two nations? :odd:

I've actually been using the Monza race A to increase my SR today.
Here's how it works:
Step 1- Don't qualify
Step 2- Wait a bit after the start before hitting the throttle
Step 3- Sit back and wait for the cretins to do whatever they're gonna do to each other
Step 4- Try to just mostly go for the easy passes (crashes/penalties)

This is what my typical first lap has looked like (plenty of early braking and coasting).
I finished 2nd in this one. 👍

*A Scirocco will out-turn an RCZ, easily. Also, with the slipstream set to weak, if you're within 1.5 seconds, it will pull on them on the straights. :D

Stop sharing the secrets, Mannnnnnn. ;)

Out of the parabolica, I pulled one to the finish line and it had to tuck behind to get a tow. Just awesome.

DAILY RACE C. My race pace with the fastest lap I did in race.

prenos (1).jpg

Next week

Race B - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP
3 Laps 16 Players Car(s): GR4 | Car from Garage BoP: On Settings: Fixed Tire: Racing: Hard DR Limit: None
Conditions
Fuel Cons.: None Tire Wear: None Damages: None Boost: Off Off-track Slowing: Real SlipStream: Real Start: Rolling Start
Pit Regulation
Mandatory Stop: None Mandatory Tires at Pit Stop: Racing: Hard Refueling at 0 L/s Fuel Tank Limit: None

giphy.gif

Lmao, first win in weeks at Monza, yahoooooooo

Still looking for my first win there. But I hate FWD, I hate the way people are driving, & I hate the way the penalty system has been incorrectly penalizing innocent drivers. A win isn't worth a reset to me.

Still looking for my first win there. But I hate FWD, I hate the way people are driving, & I hate the way the penalty system has been incorrectly penalizing innocent drivers. A win isn't worth a reset to me.

Had a 5 crb streak going at Monza. 6th race, went from A/S down to A/C, Thanks to 2 dive bombers and a blocker, flirting with a dr reset now.

Unfortunately in my efforts to recover I've come across a German chap, who's definition of overtaking is dive bombing from a second back.

Guess it's now a case of running race C from the back a few times and trying to recover SR at the expense of DR.

EDIT: Finally managed to record my 91st win, after almost 1000 races. Taken ages, main game I play, nice to get the platinum trophy for it, at last.

Last edited:
I wasn’t able to drive yesterday, but this morning I entered a c race at 85 sr and went 9-3 for a good podium.
I did take an sr down tho so sitting 95.
If I can play later from 95 plus I am going to hit up Monza from the back.

Last N400 with the Porsches, was an adjustable setting for the 993(for BOP).
Hear me out, the race is at Laguna Seca. Could be a Trans-Am race.

The Challenger is N400. Mach 1, Z/28, SUPER BEE, G.T.350, are N300. PD adjust the BOP accordingly. I'd like that. :)

Edit: Just tried 10 classics. N400 BOP, SS, all stock transmissions, TCS 0. 1 initial lap only.
IMG_20200913_083014.jpg

The Challenger was oversteery. Camaro felt fast. Shelby had a 200km/h trap speed, heading into T1. Felt the most race car like and it's not even the 350R.

The BB surprised me. Felt the worse out of all the cars. MR slide nearly every corner. The gearing didn't seem to matched for the engine speed.

365 didn't feel as fast as it is. Pantera sounds awesome as usual. Countach was pretty much on auto-pilot. So easy. It just sticks to the trajectory through the turn. Power and gearing are perfect.

Thought the SUPER BEE would be closer in time to the rest. Seemed more planted than the Challenger.

Corvette was average. Nothing bad about it. Has a nice exhaust note.

Last edited:
Race A can be enjoyable and challenging. Unfortunately, it isn't due too many innocents received the penalty at the 1st curve. I know we have to swallow the penalty system isn't perfect. But there a way it can be avoided if you know what to do.

Race A can be enjoyable and challenging. Unfortunately, it isn't due too many innocents received the penalty at the 1st curve. I know we have to swallow the penalty system isn't perfect. But there a way it can be avoided if you know what to do.

Please share. Day one I was just kinda jostling trying to run 2 by 2.

Not one to advocate for revenge punting. Matter of fact I almost gave this one the benefit of the doubt. Until I saw him do it to the next guy to try overtake him.

Coming in to Ascari, I thought we would end up going through side by side (bad choice, I know). But didn't expect him to turn in like i wasn't there.

At the end of the race, I wanted to let the guy in P2 come through for the win, but he wouldn't have any of it hahaha. Great race.

Goin in.
Monza. Starting last...
Let the game begin!

Edit aaaaaand goodbye sr. I made the mistake of doing c race again. I did 2 races at a s b s
Just tuuurrrible. People have gotten unicorn laps by this late in the week but many lack control or pace. I quit the second one. Few people in that race have control of the car, but that doesn’t stop them.
Monza, I enjoyed 3 nice races from the back at 99. I should never have entered c.
That 25-35k dr S crowd is almost impossible to have fun with. The only way past them is to run from first, get away and drive alone. I haven’t done more qual efforts because that’s unenjoyable to me.
Racing at Monza was decent for the most part but now at 41sr it’s destruction derby.

Last edited:
This could be completely wrong, or we could be close, who knows! I guess tuners will be happy, and good thing I've got a very detailed guide for Laguna as the braking zones could vary massively with tuning available in race A? Here's the guide for the coming races though!

Laguna Seca Guide;

Maggiore GP Guide;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back