"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some races worth doing :cheers:
Haven't done any dailies since July!

I'd be lying if I told y'all I wasn't at least having a bit of fun resetting people on race A but a bunch of podiums at the risk of losing 10 or so SR every race. Going to be an interesting week in FIA.

I'll be grinding on Brands Hatch in the Ford GT QT around 1:22.7xx sticking with 6M/7H seems like the way to go for me. I don't think I could pull off the no stopper without fighting for my life towards the end. Hope to see some of y'all out there!

Hmm I got a couple pens plus an sr down being too aggressive coming through the field from last in b race last night and I got exiled back to B sr. This one make is fabulous.
I whipped out the BOOYAH dbr9 for a no qual on c. I didn’t get crb because I did go off course once avoiding a slow car.
The DBR 9 is fantastic if you are a cockpit view fiend like me. It’s a little weak entering the hairpin, but everywhere else it’s an absolute force, so stable on the curbs and plenty of power. (Great car to run tcs3 bb 0) I made it up to sixth no stop from last without doing even one lap beforehand. Back to S in a race.
I highly reccomend both b and c from no qual. I actually selected dbr9 for my gr3 FIA on alt too. It has game.

Finally some races worth doing :cheers:
Haven't done any dailies since July!

I'd be lying if I told y'all I wasn't at least having a bit of fun resetting people on race A but a bunch of podiums at the risk of losing 10 or so SR every race. Going to be an interesting week in FIA.

I'll be grinding on Brands Hatch in the Ford GT QT around 1:22.7xx sticking with 6M/7H seems like the way to go for me. I don't think I could pull off the no stopper without fighting for my life towards the end. Hope to see some of y'all out there!
I have been doing 9/8 on med... 4/5 on hrd in Subaru qualy time is 1:22.9

I have been doing 9/8 on med... 4/5 on hrd in Subaru qualy time is 1:22.9

I've had some good races with the Subarus they usually can't get around me until late in the race and once they do I'll undercut on the pit stops and come right back out in front but makes for some great finishes

Hmm I got a couple pens plus an sr down being too aggressive coming through the field from last in b race last night and I got exiled back to B sr. This one make is fabulous.
I whipped out the BOOYAH dbr9 for a no qual on c. I didn’t get crb because I did go off course once avoiding a slow car.
The DBR 9 is fantastic if you are a cockpit view fiend like me. It’s a little weak entering the hairpin, but everywhere else it’s an absolute force, so stable on the curbs and plenty of power. (Great car to run tcs3 bb 0) I made it up to sixth no stop from last without doing even one lap beforehand. Back to S in a race.
I highly reccomend both b and c from no qual. I actually selected dbr9 for my gr3 FIA on alt too. It has game.

I finally drove a Ferrari the Gr4 for race B... have to admit it feels like a really strong gr4 car and it's another race I plan on doing later in the week got my qualifying down to 1:53 flat after just few laps but I'll be damned it's much more rewarding to drive than the Slowstang :lol: I'm jealous

I finally drove a Ferrari the Gr4 for race B... have to admit it feels like a really strong gr4 car and it's another race I plan on doing later in the week got my qualifying down to 1:53 flat after just few laps but I'll be damned it's much more rewarding to drive than the Slowstang :lol: I'm jealous

I killed it at Seaside a week or two back in the Rarri, so much so it made me wanna choose them for FIA on alt but the gr3 is so bad from cockpit and imo handles crummy compared to the gr4, or most gr3.
The gr4 drives excellent. It’s super balanced and responds brilliantly to subtle inputs. For main acct FIA tho I prefer max stability plus power.

I killed it at Seaside a week or two back in the Rarri, so much so it made me wanna choose them for FIA on alt but the gr3 is so bad from cockpit and imo handles crummy compared to the gr4, or most gr3.
The gr4 drives excellent. It’s super balanced and responds brilliantly to subtle inputs. For main acct FIA tho I prefer max stability plus power.

I may have to try out the Gr3 Ferrari at some point considering it's MR as well that's about all I drive in Gr3 so i may quite enjoy it as well.

Better racing today than yesterday! I went out and tried some other cars than the AMG I went with yesterday and I found that the good ol' RSR was the car for me. I improved my QT by nearly half a second and I was running consistently faster laps with it than the AMG (and indeed any other car), and I had the good fortune of being slotted into a lobby with just one dirty driver. He bullied me out of the way going into Hawthorne on lap 1, and he got at least two 3s penalties for punting other people off the track so he was scary to be around. Started P5 and I was running P2 on the last lap when I lost concentration in Westfield and went a bit sideways, which allowed aforementioned dirty Dave to catch up and pass me. Still happy with the P3 finish because aside from that last mistake and a few misjudgements here and there I drove a clean race that I'm happy with and my DR and SR loss from yesterday is mostly repaired (SR is back to 99, DR still has another 500 or so points to go).

I had some excellent, clean racing together with a player named JUDGMENT__DRAGON for several laps until he was punted by Dirty Dave. He came back strong though and went on to finish the race in P1 so fair play to him.

Good mix of cars in the lobbies I've been in as well. MR and FR are both represented fairly evenly, and it's not yet devolved into a one-make META cup either, so that's nice.

Managed to drive myself off the track 5 times in my first three races yesterday, and still gain DR :confused: but then I got serious and worked my Q time down below my K' target using the 458, I'm sure there's more in it but I lack the drive to improve it further. Might go for a few laps in the OPHuracan for fun later in the week.

Races, I've been switching it up, 911, Lexus, Jaguar, RCZ starting on the hard and letting people waste their mediums trying to pass, and then pitting when I have a decent gap to fall into. Nothing worse than pitting out behind someone on worn out mediums who refuses to be passed and then blocks your overtake into Clearways so they can pit. :dunce:

Didn't realise I got FL.
IMG_20200923_054656.jpg
IMG_20200923_054652.jpg

Much respect post race.

Last edited:
I'm seeing significantly fewer penalties at race A today. It appears that most people have figured out that bump-drafting is not a good idea.
Whoever got scared off from the race yesterday, consider giving it another try.
Amazingly, I'm riding a 6 race clean streak. :eek:
Best advice I can give is, definitely don't bother with fighting for the lead until you're about halfway through the last turn (let the mouth-breathers have at it). Just hang at the back of the pack and cruise. In the race I won today, I probably lifted off the throttle at least a dozen times. 👍

Glad it’s not just me that thinks the Mustang has been slowed down.

Total time? I could probably pull it off but tires are sketchy in the GT

Fixed it for ya. 👍:P

And if you drop down to SR C, it pays 6.

Ka-ching.

In the pre race chat for Race A someone said they would run heavy wets just for the fun of it. They ended up winning :lol:

:eek:

After 400 + races of trying to get out of D rating, I finally managed to get to C, after placing in top 3 of 5 Race A Route X races today. I don't know if I'm happy to be there, even temporarily, after so long, or mad that it was so easy on this race that it seems meaningless. My SR took a beating though! Anyway I can say I did it, woohoo. /s

Driving straight seems difficult for some, despite tons of space on Route X. Penalties/SR minus acting a little random as well but whatever, I’m enjoying it because it’s very unconventional (and that is really good) and for this week I gave up on giving a monkey’s behind about SR.

If you want to do this race that’s pretty much what’s required, else pass on it.

After 400 + races of trying to get out of D rating, I finally managed to get to C, after placing in top 3 of 5 Race A Route X races today. I don't know if I'm happy to be there, even temporarily, after so long, or mad that it was so easy on this race that it seems meaningless. My SR took a beating though! Anyway I can say I did it, woohoo. /s
The Dark Man rises...

Both Stang's are slower...

Yeah you’re right. Gr4 is no longer a beast. Gr3 was slow for me on qual for c, bet it’s still good in race though, like a snowplow in traffic lmao.
I’ve had a blast so far tonight starting with a c now I’m in on my second b.
First one was crazy close, good driving at B S.
The Aston dbr9 went up like 13 positions no stopping, but it can’t touch my friends on q on c.
Might try Wrx for variety, nice car for Brands.
The B races I’ve done so far have just been amazing, lots of good players out trying to race hard but clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back