"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very special - any chance you can complete the set and match it in the Honda just for the hell of it?!

No, no more accounts unless I use my US account and it wouldn't matter anyway. I used to love that car but the last time I tried to drive it I couldn't, don't know if something changed in an update or something at some point or not.

Will try to go faster and spoil the pattern, the laps are not even next to each other on the leaderboard either, as someone else ran that time between me setting the laps.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Good morning friends,

I have returned to America from exile in France...

“I have come to defeat you, little Beetle”
“You are fast little Beetle, but I am faster”

46128CEA-65D7-48F9-AA4B-3F74B743148B.jpeg

“He’s making that car 3 lanes wide but he’s still fast!”

Cheers

Edit thanks to @sturk0167 for the great team livery. Everybody in the know knows all cool team names start with 3 letters! #tpc

Last edited:
Good morning friends,

I have returned to America from exile in France...

“I have come to defeat you, little Beetle”
“You are fast little Beetle, but I am faster”

View attachment 971724

“He’s making that car 3 lanes wide but he’s still fast!”

Cheers

Edit thanks to @sturk0167 for the great team livery. Everybody in the know knows all cool team names start with 3 letters! #tpc

Good to see you ar back in the frey

Daily Race C hot lap. Phew, this week is very competitive, all top split drivers are setting laps here.
Here is my best try (currently 25th in the world), could improve for 2 tenths - my optimal is 1:45.07, but would be very hard.
Anyway enjoy this lap and I hope you can learn a thing or two from it :)

My new ride is the OTHER VW. Straight up chrome!
I’m goin topless! Seriously though, this little car is a straight up weapon!
4 driven wheels! Mr!
It’s got a lot of gears but you don’t rev it out with the twin turbo v6. Torque monster!
Try it, if you can handle it!

I’m back to B S now, I imagine soon all players will be at S since it seems very few actions cause pens.

Last edited:
Looking ahead to next week, what is a decent QT for the GR3 N24h?

I'm thinking 8 low?

Sitting at around 8.30 but only done a few laps. I calculated as around 1.40 for the circuit part and 6.50 for the Ring itself

My experience with Nordschleife or Nurburgring is limited and I am am weak in the Gr 3 cars. One of the guys (Groundfish?) pointed out the "Circuit Experience" so I have been learning Nordschleife there. So far, the BoP'ed Gr.3 Genesis has clocked 8:41 after a handful of N24 laps. I can still improve by one or two fistfuls of seconds. In spite of my time I am looking forward to this combo.

I am trying to shift my attitude on DR to "I don't care." I ran a dozen tough Gr.2/Suzuka races this week and lost 3000 DR. At 250 DR per race it is worth the price of admission. I expect a similar level of entertainment value on the N24 next week. I will start racing on Tuesday.

Looking ahead to next week, what is a decent QT for the GR3 N24h?

I'm thinking 8 low?

Sitting at around 8.30 but only done a few laps. I calculated as around 1.40 for the circuit part and 6.50 for the Ring itself
The real life cars are starting to sneak under 8:10 for pole time, but I think Gr. 3 in GTS is closer to 2015 era GT3s that were around 8:20.

Love the nordschleife. Hate the GP circuit. Shame it's nearly impossible to race on the ring itself because it's so narrow but I'll do it anyway as I'm not a fan of the shorter races. Plus I know the ring like the back of my hand as I've been driving it in Sims for 16 years lol.
The ring isn't that narrow. The passing lane is the inside with 2 tires in the grass! I'll be there next week.

Got some racing in this week. Suzuka from the back. Best finish was 3rd. After watching all the clips while catching up in this forum, I notice a lot of guys using 2nd where I'm in 3rd (T1 &spoon) so I'll give that a try. My one podium was 5m/5m. I basically drove clean and stayed out of trouble. Didn't hurt that it was an all B room with no really fast guys. Last weeks GR1 racing definitely improved my racing in high hp cars. The one sour note is I think my wheel is on it's last legs. I've always thought the G29 had too much slop at center in the FF. I now have about 15-20 degrees of slop, which kills precision. I have to race with the FF turned down because with it up it's almost impossible now. Might try taking it apart to see if I can get a tighter mesh.:scared:

As for the penalty system...I still don't understand, with all the available data, how they can't determine intent. They have full data on all cars. If you hit someone and you're more than 15 degrees of angle off of the average racing line at that point, it's your fault. If you're on a straight, side by side, and you give a strong steering input towards another car, or in a corner and you turn away from the apex, it's your fault. If you brake more than (maybe) 20% deeper than your average initial brake point for that corner, and hit someone, it's your fault. On the penalty side, if the other car stays on, or gets back on the track (like a short run through the grass) you get a typical penalty. If you punt them so they need to reset, you get ghosted and slowed until they take back the position. That would stop the abuse.

Ha!
First race of the morning.
Best lobby I’ve been in for this race.
All 99.
I was punted hard at the hairpin, brake checked mid straight, lol, a Brazilian was the idiot perpetrator this time...Dirty race, that’s what top split dailies are looool.
Lol.
Don’t make me use Mustang dude. You won’t like it if I do...
Edit nice one more race top room from 98 sr to B in one race.
What a bunch of baloney. This is why I do what I do and solely use alt...
Meh now I’m b sr so keep going...
The top rooms are by far filled with the biggest cheat arcade gamers sometimes.
You know, people who have never in their life played a real sport and had to shake hands afterward.
I know I know it’s not all. But there’s a lot.
Thank goodness Id never race seriously anymore in this game or id blow a gasket.

Last edited:
Ha!
First race of the morning.
Best lobby I’ve been in for this race.
All 99.
I was punted hard at the hairpin, brake checked mid straight, lol, a Brazilian was the idiot perpetrator this time...Dirty race, that’s what top split dailies are looool.
Lol.
Don’t make me use Mustang dude. You won’t like it if I do...
Edit nice one more race top room from 98 sr to B in one race.
What a bunch of baloney. This is why I do what I do and solely use alt...
Meh now I’m b sr so keep going...
The top rooms are by far filled with the biggest cheat arcade gamers sometimes.
You know, people who have never in their life played a real sport and had to shake hands afterward.
I know I know it’s not all. But there’s a lot.
Thank goodness Id never race seriously anymore in this game or id blow a gasket.
I know what you mean. I kept falling into rooms with a particular player. He wasn't slow, maybe a bit faster than me on the tracks we were on. Kept bragging in chat on his easy wins, but in the race, if anyone tried a pass, he'd push them off track, and he always knocked people off when making a pass. Divebomb, bump and run, brake checking and blocking. I did have one or two good races with him. By good, I mean I knocked him off in the worst possible spot, and he finished at the back, or DNF. I try to be clean, but if you mess with me, I'll mess back.:mischievous:

I haven't had too bad a week at Suzuka. I stuck with the Lexus & 8S 2M tyre tactic. Best finishing position was a few 2nd places with one only a few tenths off P1. I retired from a few races as it wasnt worth the hassle of battling on when you are getting battered around so I've only just made it to DR B this afternoon. Switched to 2M then 8S, this seems to have reduced last lap stress. As usual very few actual race passes just waiting for the inevitable incidents to pick up places.
See how it goes in the B rooms :cheers:

I know what you mean. I kept falling into rooms with a particular player. He wasn't slow, maybe a bit faster than me on the tracks we were on. Kept bragging in chat on his easy wins, but in the race, if anyone tried a pass, he'd push them off track, and he always knocked people off when making a pass. Divebomb, bump and run, brake checking and blocking. I did have one or two good races with him. By good, I mean I knocked him off in the worst possible spot, and he finished at the back, or DNF. I try to be clean, but if you mess with me, I'll mess back.:mischievous:

C race wasn’t any better. Tried to no qual but there were like five more behind me.
Of course lap one I get punted at Degner by this American idiot.
I fixed his wagon about ten times. then quit.
I may switch to DR2.
I’m laid up injured so I will be playing something, it’s about all I can do right now...
C race was ok for me the other day I no stopped the Xanavi, picked up 12 spots and CRB.
Today my lobbies have been horrid.

A Citroen is harder to knock off the track than a flimsy old Mustang, faster too.

Bah fake junk.

Last edited:
As for the penalty system...I still don't understand, with all the available data, how they can't determine intent. They have full data on all cars. If you hit someone and you're more than 15 degrees of angle off of the average racing line at that point, it's your fault. If you're on a straight, side by side, and you give a strong steering input towards another car, or in a corner and you turn away from the apex, it's your fault. If you brake more than (maybe) 20% deeper than your average initial brake point for that corner, and hit someone, it's your fault. On the penalty side, if the other car stays on, or gets back on the track (like a short run through the grass) you get a typical penalty. If you punt them so they need to reset, you get ghosted and slowed until they take back the position. That would stop the abuse.

Exactly.
This system is an embarrassment to Sony, Toyota, Michelin, Lewis Hamilton, all brands involved are better than this junk where some car comes behind me, doesn’t brake for the turn hits me at apex and I get sr down?
Wtf it’s abysmal!
Ok I’m not the fastest on B race but I can put together low 53 in race if I’m not getting hit every two seconds or having to go defensive because the idiots behind have made it clear their intentions are to ram me off!
Basically now also you can sideswipe even to the point of running the outside car off track 90 percent of time without sr down or penalty to anyone!

For Christ’s sake this system is an embarrassment to the entire country of Japan!
It’s horrible!

The honorable thing for them to do would be to turn the darn thing off and admit their complete failure!

At least that would be honest.

Edit sorry for the double, couldn’t figure out how to add @Rexracer702 quote to previous message

Last edited:
C race wasn’t any better. Tried to no qual but there were like five more behind me.
Of course lap one I get punted at Degner by this American idiot.
I fixed his wagon about ten times. then quit.
I may switch to DR2.
I’m laid up injured so I will be playing something, it’s about all I can do right now...
C race was ok for me the other day I no stopped the Xanavi, picked up 12 spots and CRB.
Today my lobbies have been horrid.

Bah fake junk.
Is the Xanavi better on tires? I've been having a tough time on softs after 4 laps because the push on the Autech gtr gets terrible. I might be able to manage a no stop since the mediums were pretty consistant from lap 5 to 6. A 6/4 one stop (m/s from the back) would definitely work.

Sorry to hear about the injury. GTS is good rehab I hear!

Edit: I do have a hari-kari knife you can borrow, but you need to clean it off and give it back when you're done.

Last edited:
Race A this week. Sometimes it hooks up and blasts around traffic, sometimes you hit every hidden oil slick and look like a fool.
And then you're waiting for a race to start and the wife asks you to help with the holiday decorations... DQ.

Last edited:
Alsace as daily B in Gr.3 has been a fantastic combination. Lots of great clean and fast racing, at least in my personal experience. Isn’t it a track that usually gets some critique, for some reason?

I have had a bit of a mix to be honest. I have seriously enjoyed the combination and, when placed in a lobby with hard but fair drivers, it has been a blast. I would say though that at least 20% of the time there are people doing crazy stuff. I am a B/S rated driver but it seems that you don't have to be that clean to have an S rating on SR these days.

Admittedly, there are a few places where you can make a mistake which can have a bad effect on your opponent but most of the things I have experienced have been people coming from about half a second back and just punting into the back or side of me to get themselves around the corner. None of them have waited and none of them have apologised in the lobby afterwards. Personally, I have gone into the back of a few people by mistake, but have waited each time to let them have the place back and apologised afterwards. Mistakes happen and that's fine. I just wish there was a way to avoid the idiots who think the only thing that matters is the position they finish in!

Been running the Sardegna C II all weekend. Starting from 11/16 in the 86. 7:11 minutes of setting up passes.

This track is about as tough to pass as Brands Hatch. The AI make it easy, but doing so versus humans is going to be difficult.

If you don't get divebomed at T1, you've got a chance to hold position until the final turn.
From T1, it's single file, as the next opportunity to realistically pass, is at the grandstands(T5). T4, after the climb out of the esses, is where I'm sure people will go off. Thus, the possibility of a pass.

The final turn has a couple of lines in entry and exit. Will be interesting for the AWD cars, as to what lines they choose. I can kind of sense the Veyron being strong. Not sure about FFs. I'll try the Scirocco.

Alsace as daily B in Gr.3 has been a fantastic combination. Lots of great clean and fast racing, at least in my personal experience. Isn’t it a track that usually gets some critique, for some reason?

Personally, I've always liked the track. Lots of people just find the layout weird. But it lends itself to some good racing with the right group of drivers. The last section is a bit jolting, though, and does lend itself to carnage - the very slow, tight hairpin after the highspeed banked right-hander and straight doesn't allow for much error and the downhill chicane has created a mess or two.

Last edited:
Had some cracking races tonight at Alsace. Out of 5 races I only encountered one idiot who forced me off the track and then did the same to someone else later on and finished 15th due to two 4 second penalties - what was the point?! Other than that, some very competitive but fair racing mostly with other British drivers.

Ive had a amazing return to GTS this week having got new wheel on thursday... Proper enjoyed racing Suzuka. Having a change of strat as you go makes it more interesting. Mainly did 4.1.5 but changwd with traffic. Made it into A rank from 20k. Having battles like

Had some cracking races tonight at Alsace. Out of 5 races I only encountered one idiot who forced me off the track and then did the same to someone else later on and finished 15th due to two 4 second penalties - what was the point?! Other than that, some very competitive but fair racing mostly with other British drivers.

I had a couple of days this week that were bad for Race B but for the most part, it's been a real fun combo. Lots a close, clean racing. I've also managed a few wins on both accounts. Turns out to be a good combo for me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back