"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The results of my final run on Race C this week. Made sure to set a qualifying time so I could avoid the P20 glitch. I used the Lexus instead of the Nissan, as I prefer the former. There was a sore loser that took out all but one brake board on the track. :lol:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201115202417.png

Race C seems to be a flat out sprint. No strategy. I was hoping for the fuel to be thrown in the mix, but this will have to do. The curbs are still lethal so it is sending a few people, me included, off on wild rides in the grass. Will have to knuckle down and set a proper Qualifying lap though. Some rough stuff at the start with the mix of slowest qually drivers and fastest no qually.

Race C seems to be a flat out sprint. No strategy. I was hoping for the fuel to be thrown in the mix, but this will have to do. The curbs are still lethal so it is sending a few people, me included, off on wild rides in the grass. Will have to knuckle down and set a proper Qualifying lap though. Some rough stuff at the start with the mix of slowest qually drivers and fastest no qually.
I was the Supra that started 2nd. I didn't like how that AMG went up my inside at T2. So, when I saw the Lancer had spun out, I lost my buffer. As the AMG was hanging back, I said, "Okay, wanna play?", I dropped my speed for Psymonized to catch up. He passed us and that was the finish. Didn't give a rat's about that second placed player.

Here is my best lap so far for Race A that is currently fastest in the Americas region.

I can get a high 1:32 but it is definitely a situation where it could take 5 laps to improve or 5 hours, so I will try again later. For now this can be a good reference for what lines to take and braking points.

I was the Supra that started 2nd. I didn't like how that AMG went up my inside at T2. So, when I saw the Lancer had spun out, I lost my buffer. As the AMG was hanging back, I said, "Okay, wanna play?", I dropped my speed for Psymonized to catch up. He passed us and that was the finish. Didn't give a rat's about that second placed player.
I thought I saw your alt in there after noticing your qualifying time. I just bumped a guy wide at the start and spent lap 1 fuel saving. Ummmm, didnt need to do that.

I thought I saw your alt in there after noticing your qualifying time. I just bumped a guy wide at the start and spent lap 1 fuel saving. Ummmm, didnt need to do that.
Yeah, had to check the fuel regs again. Definitely down with that combo.

Did a 59 in Race B. 16/16. Finished 10/16. Just as predicted, people are going off at the grandstands.
Watch the final turn, too much red curb at exit, gives a penalty. Got 1 second on the last lap. Ridiculous.
86 and th 4Cahead if me, have no speed. Handling is fine, but need a British Bulldog or good FRs to mix it with the TTs. Gonna try the GT-R.

Last edited:

I think the penalty system for contact is beyond saving at this point, I may be a minority here but I'd rather see it gone from the game altogether. It seems to do more harm than good, it often doesn't know what to do when there's a blatant takeout but it can kill your SR for a harmless brush against another car (which may even be netcode at times). I made no contact with anyone else in that race yet ended up with a net loss of 4 SR.

I'm sure that at least in situations where people are actively trying to race clean (which includes actually waiting for someone you accidentally take out) we'd be better off without it. When it was turned off at the start of this year, I saw and took part in some great racing in top split. :)

I think the penalty system for contact is beyond saving at this point, I may be a minority here but I'd rather see it gone from the game altogether. It seems to do more harm than good, it often doesn't know what to do when there's a blatant takeout but it can kill your SR for a harmless brush against another car (which may even be netcode at times). I made no contact with anyone else in that race yet ended up with a net loss of 4 SR.

I'm sure that at least in situations where people are actively trying to race clean (which includes actually waiting for someone you accidentally take out) we'd be better off without it. When it was turned off at the start of this year, I saw and took part in some great racing in top split. :)
I agree that penalties should be turned off as well except for track limits. Let the lowering of SR be the penalty and eventually the clean drivers will race with others that are clean and vice versa.

I agree that penalties should be turned off as well except for track limits. Let the lowering of SR be the penalty and eventually the clean drivers will race with others that are clean and vice versa.
SR itself would need adjusting as well though, right now it goes off of the same algorithm as the penalty system which is obviously a no no :lol: I supported a stricter SR system for a while but what happened in that gif cost me 10 SR which is way overkill, 2-3 instances of slight contact in a short race giving you white SR would be better.

And there's also people who make a mistake, kill someone and wait for them. In theory that should negate any penalty they would've gotten, but I'd put more money on GT7 releasing tomorrow than PD developing an algorithm to detect that :lol:

Last edited:
Yes the Penalty System does not even make sense at the moment. :boggled:

There is an example of something that needs a small penalty, got nothing, it's fine according to the game. :irked:

A lap earlier this wasn't though.

Yes they make a small error but penalty worthy, not even close. :banghead:

Then this happens just after video 1

A much harder (and avoidable) contact/s that may play a part in a car spinning, fine and no penalty. :rolleyes:

Then this.

First there is lots of pushing and a car goes off, which the game is clearly not bothered about but then the South African just turns in on the back of the German and gets them a penalty. What exactly does the game think they (the German) can do to avoid that? :ouch:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
GT-R is strong, but stuck behind a TT, can't utilise the acceleration. Moved up 8th to 4th.

Next race in the Scirocco. Lowered my qualy time to 56 seconds. Started 3rd behind a TT and GT-R on pole, finished 2nd. The time behind the TT, saved the GT-R.
Got a run on the TT at lap 2 and got ahead. Closest I got was 1.7 seconds. Kept fluctuating from 1.7-2 seconds, til the checkered flag.

Also how come every time I try an undercut this sort of thing happens. :lol:

There's always someone on a different strategy that will not make it easy for me to get by and ruin it, either by being slow or bumping me off, usually both. This is why I tend to run average strategies these days. :indiff:

Don't try race C from the back, I can see why DR D have such a bad reputation...

There are 3 kinds of driver at DR D; The good drivers who are just a little off the pace, The accidentally bad drivers who try their best but have no spacial awareness, Then the deliberately bad drivers who refuse to accept that they have been overtaken and will do anything to get back ahead or drive you off whilst you're alongside.

Since nobody in D gets driving standards penalties its impossible to know which of the 3 you're racing against.

Last edited:
What time of day is race C on Nurburgring24 ?
17:00 headlights are off.👎

Main account Race B in the 86. Just can't race it, when momentum is baulked. Freakin' TT was taking wide arcs at all the slow turns. Causing me to slow up and allowing the Scirocco and 458 behind me, to catch up. Final turn, it comes to a crawl due to congestion. I lose two spots on the straight.

Started 9/16, finished 11/16.

Next race in the Scirocket. Pole was 0.1s quicker than my time. Swapped places back & forth cleanly. Finished 6 seconds ahead of the field with FL.

This is 0.053seconds.
7278407451297220112_0.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another good one from last week. Whilst this is all probably accidental, try not to drive like this because the penalty system just makes things worse for the innocent drivers too.

First of all the Brazilian that is punted off can't re-join safely due to all the barriers but they do their best to but are hit up the arse whilst getting back up to speed which gets them a 2 second penalty.:ouch: Then the car that has hit them off brakes to pit (not needed) and is hit in the back which gives another car a 3 second penalty as soon they go in the pits.:ouch: Then exiting the pits they don't bother with the pit exit lines and come right over the track (needs to be a penalty in the game as in real life) and another car can't avoid hitting them and yet still they'd have made it but they are punted by the other car which now has 5 seconds worth of penalties having caused way more damage than that. :ouch:

Last edited:
Good morning friends,

Happy Monday. I finished up my daily race adventures yesterday in the C race. I employed a no stop strategy using the newer Lexus. It was adorned with my Burger King Pink Panther livery.
I experienced tremendous success. I recovered back my lost sr, and had fun gaining 86 spots over six races.
F46B56FF-BA2C-4446-8599-072252578DB1.jpeg

Re B race, it was such a great combo, and I did get some great races in. The problem was that it was one race from ten with people on NA behaving badly.
Back to 99 sr and I shall forge ahead into a new week of dailies!
Damn the torpedoes!

Last edited:
Not sure if related to the latest update, but every time I finish a daily race I got disconnected from the network. Same happens to a friend.

Start with clearing the game's network cache and then powering the system completely off. That has helped me in the past with network issues.

A short of the contrasts of Daily Race yesterday!

YOU MUST HAVE READ MY MIND !!( was thinking somebody should make a video of the guys antics) one of the dirtiest drivers around I was racing last night as well with many of the same players. The guy that knocked you off in 1st race and then took care of the Canadian down the straight was doing it to everybody. This dude will not let you pass no matter what!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back