"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit late to the party but if anyone is still doing qually runs in-between races etc :)

1:45.176.

4th EMEA ( at the minute atleast )

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Almost a second quicker than me. :embarrassed:

Mind you I currently have the exact same time on both my UK accounts and one is the newer Nissan and the other is in the newer Lexus, that's pretty special right.:lol:

Looking at other times and knowing what I can do in each sector I should be able to get both cars in the high 1'45s but that's not happened yet. I think the Nissan is faster but by 1 or 2 tenths at most. :cool:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
I currently have the exact same time on both my UK accounts and one is the newer Nissan and the other is in the newer Lexus, that's pretty special right.:lol:

Looking at other times and knowing what I can do in each sector I should be able to get both cars in the high 1'45s but that's not happened yet. I think the Nissan is faster but by 1 or 2 tenths at most. :cool:

Thats awesome :lol: long lap to do that with as well.

Yeah it seems on pure speed its GTR just ahead of NSX and then Lexus, but the Lexus is the nicest to drive of the three. I hated the GTR at the start of the week tbh. Understeer on throttle is a killer in the esses.

I reckon you will definitely get a 45 if you stick with the GTR.

Sardegna C is right around a ~1:20 lap in Gr. 4, the race will likely be about 10 minutes for the stragglers to finish. Longer than the 6 minute Bathurst races but not an epic by any means.

I think you’ve got that wrong. I was doing 57 second laps there earlier in Gr 4.
So we’re looking at roughly a 7 min race.

Well after 2 races just now on b in America’s, looks to me like the pen system adjustment means full on Mariokart banging is allowed again lol.
I did see one car get a penalty though...
They oughta just turn all ratings and all penalties off just match on q time, forget all ranking.
I’ll race this plenty but not taking it serious.
Seems it’s very very difficult to get a penalty at all now.
It took all of a few hours for everyone in NA to give up any attempt at all to avoid contact in any situation.
Another hour or two it will be Mad Max time.
No rules!

I just cocked up noobstyle at Race C. Changed to M tyres at the start, going from 11th. Pitted on lap 5 for softs and came home 4th.

Easily my best race at Suzuka.

Except I didn’t get the change to M tyres in on time for the race and got a minute penalty. DFL

I would normally be able to tell but the first few laps were frantic and the tyre wear fooled me in to thinking they were mediums.

Gah. Let’s try again

Going into Race C again from the back...hoping to avoid the start glitch thing so I might have to set a time if I end up starting at Degner on my first attempt. Come join the stream if you’d like :)

Speaking of the start glitch has anyone seen a car in 20th since the update? The most I saw in the few races I did was 19 cars, no one was ever assigned 20th. :odd:

Ok there was one in the next race. Still glitched I guess. :lol:

Last edited:
Speaking of the start glitch has anyone seen a car in 20th since the update? The most I saw in the few races I did was 19 cars, no one was ever assigned 20th. :odd:

Ok there was one in the next race. Still glitched I guess. :lol:

Saw one last night. They quit once we went to track and they realized.

Reviewing the data between me and the A+ guy I was up against the other day, I need to:
  • get more consistent in sector 2 and sector 3
  • get faster with the mediums in sector 3
  • manage the soft tires better at the end of the stint
It seems like after that, I'm golden at Suzuka.

Edit: I finally have the pace to get into the 1:46s. I know if I keep going, I can cut a second off that time. Its just a matter of perfecting everything. Also, Autech is OP.

Attachments

• LapSheet_SuzukaDef.xlsx
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So, I know my latest posts might seem kind of harsh...
I should be clear and mention that I enjoy this as a video GAME playing on a throwaway account.
One thing is when I play as an E SPORT, on a serious account, really I am only able to do my best while only choosing one daily to focus on that week.
But simply enjoying it as a video game means I can enter whichever race regardless of practice, use any car that seems fun...There’s no worry about living up to a top 50 q time, so no need for practice or warmup etc, no need for grinding qualifying...
I enjoy this aspect of the alt.

And, I am going to say this...All of you here who have followed my posts know I’ve supported Polyphony and their efforts with the ranking systems of dr and sr...
I’m not sure how to say it...
I guess I’m done with that point of view.
I can’t believe that the great companies involved here like Polyphony and Sony and Michelin and Toyota can put their name on something with an sr dr system like this.

I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE SO MUCH BETTER.
WHY ISNT IT?
After years this is the best that can be done?
No way. No way. No way.
It’s unacceptable and it’s why I will not purchase PS5 or GT7.
I buy Sony exclusively when possible. I’ve always had nothing but Toyota’s so I know their quality too.
GTS from Polyphony is a product of tremendous quality, BUT, it’s primary target is online racing and the matchmaking dr sr system is not of matching quality to the graphics and everything else.
Any fair competition is based on rules.

So how can it be that this game can’t explain to the player why they are getting sr downs and penalties that are undeserved?

I’m just saying...

INVEST SOME MONEY INTO THIS ASPECT.
ID BET THERES MAYBE ONLY ONE PERSON WORKING THIS CODE AND HES BEEN STUCK FOR A LONG LONG TIME NOW TINKERING BACK AND FORTH.
It just seems unacceptable to me after years to be stuck like this.
You can’t tell me great minds are not available at high quality companies that could easily solve problems like this.
I’d seriously like to know this-
Is it just ONE PERSON doing this code? Is that why it NEVER fundamentally changes?
It seems like it’s been vascillating for years now, like a single lost soul keeps adjusting a volume control knob trying to fix the stereos tuner...
No way I’m goin ps5 or new games, nothin.

This new update is the worst thing they can do to improve this crappy system. Now is about to crash not to race. I'm doing Race A, with a good time, since today P2 or P3 just punt me in the first corner and that is. No penalty, no nothing, just a victory.

Great work PD / Sony.

Last edited:
Race B is now released too. It's a 7 lap race with Gr.4 @ Sardegna C II, hard tires. Still waiting on race C...

I guess the real life track operators have stopped paying PD, so they are pushing their own homemade tracks harder. Lots of Sardegna these last couple of months.

Last time they essentially shut the penalty system off, it turned out to be better than what we just had. So, who knows maybe this will work out for now? :lol:

Turn off the penalty system & let the enforcers get revenge. Maybe if the true offenders get some of their medicine fed back to them, they will think twice about punting.

Nah.

I'm gonna take a few more cracks at Race C in about an hours' time in NA if anybody wants to race :cheers: ~30k DR, 98 SR (for now :lol:)

edit: pulled off the classic double overtake through the middle coming out of Degner 2 and forgot to save the replay :banghead:

Last edited:
Love the nordschleife. Hate the GP circuit. Shame it's nearly impossible to race on the ring itself because it's so narrow but I'll do it anyway as I'm not a fan of the shorter races. Plus I know the ring like the back of my hand as I've been driving it in Sims for 16 years lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back