"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know at what time exactly (CET time zone) the daily races reset? It must be sometime between 07:00 and 11:00 but haven't been playing at that time yet so not sure :)
Seems a bit of a mystery, Dr. Google also won't answer the question.

Does anyone know at what time exactly (CET time zone) the daily races reset? It must be sometime between 07:00 and 11:00 but haven't been playing at that time yet so not sure :)
Seems a bit of a mystery, Dr. Google also won't answer the question.
Hey mate, they set at 1630 in Queensland Australia if that helps working it out. Which is 12hrs from now

Last edited:
Today's C race is a tough one. Dont think i raced in the dark before on GTS. Had some decent results in the races but lost 2nd once due to a backmarker and screwed the pit entry when i had my best shot at a win :banghead:

Qualy lap was a 2:02.587. Not the fastest but still a decent lap i think.

Today's C race is a tough one. Dont think i raced in the dark before on GTS. Had some decent results in the races but lost 2nd once due to a backmarker and screwed the pit entry when i had my best shot at a win :banghead:

I would say your Laptime is more than just decent. Very well driven. Thumbs up.

I feel bad. Currently I’m sitting at 2:04.1.
One magic lap, I was gonna improve it by a whole second, but I put my right wheel on the grass when braking right before the las turn.
Still, I’m miles away from you, the fastest guys.

I was happy when I got it down to a 2:05...

I feel bad. Currently I’m sitting at 2:04.1.
One magic lap, I was gonna improve it by a whole second, but I put my right wheel on the grass when braking right before the las turn.
Still, I’m miles away from you, the fastest guys.

Stuck at a 2.04.5xx myself. I know where the time is but can't hook it up. I've still only got about .500ths in me though. I won't be anywhere near a sub 2.03.xxx

Great lap @Shottah072

A big part of the problem as far as the frequency of dirty driving in the SR S rank is exactly what you are recommending a driver to do to get there quickly. Riding around in the rear of a race to artificially increase your SR rating does you the racer doing it no favors or those that are in the ranking legitimately RACING their way into the ranking.

If you want clean racing you have to learn to race among other drivers within a pack or close proximity to other cars and rarely make a mistake which causes you to go off course or contact another car.

You do not learn that racing by yourself at the rear of a race to inflate a falsely advance to a higher SR ranking. What the results of this practice is then you end up with quite a few racers who do not belong in the S ranking either with their driving habits or skills and then you have people complaining how the S ranking is just as dirty as the lower ranks.

Hopefully the ranking system will be tweaked in the future to make it more difficult to achieve and remain the higher rankings. Until then just go race where your actual skills place you. You will have more fun and so will the people in the races with you.

Oh I know. You should only get SR up in SR.A when driving a clean sector while in close proximity to other cars, that would sort things out much better. Yet as long as that's not the case SR is pretty meaningless. Today at Bathurst at max SR carnage, 2 races in a row just awful, dropped to SR.A. Then at SR.A a very clean race, then another one at low SR.S. That propelled me back to almost max SR.S and greeted me with another demolition derby from 98 back down to 82.

Really liked Race A today, 4 races, 2 poles and a win. Lost one due after nerfing the chicane after a rough but ultimately fair pass from 2nd. Not their fault, I went in blind and misjudged it.
Tried Race B but only once. Urgh. Rushed qualifying, started at the back. Was gaining on 15th and 14th but as soon as I started to pass 15th, I got slammed. I just dropped back and limped in last. I'm not playing that game. Red Esses as far as the eye can see. First finished 1s ahead of 2nd after a 15s penalty. I wonder if he had any paint left on the sides? :D
Then had a go at qualifying on Race C. WRS practice helped me find my way but I kept screwing up. I just can't get on with gr.3 cars, especially on that track, unless I can adjust the settings.

At race C, what strategy are you guys using?

The top runners all used 1 stop, me included... and some guy just seemed to not lose pace with no stop at all. That was strange. From pole to second. Didn’t even understand.

The top runners all used 1 stop, me included... and some guy just seemed to not lose pace with no stop at all. That was strange. From pole to second. Didn’t even understand.
I went fuel map 1 in the straights fuel map 3 in the mountain section until pit in lap 5. Then just took enough fuel to run map 1 till the end. The guys going no stop dropped pace pretty hard at the end, was usually able to catch them with 1 or 2 laps remaining.

Last night I was just going flat out (2.03-04s) on fuel map 1 and pitting on lap 5 for a tyre change and top up with my Viper. Unless you’ve got a significant advantage over the rest of the field, taking a pit stop would be the best way to go. Even then, I was 2-3 seconds faster than the next best driver in some races and there’s no way I would’ve been comfortable with a non-stop race.

I really think the idea they want us to run with is fuel map 1 and pit on lap 4,5, or 6 for fuel and tires.

I find this track to stressful to switch back and forth between radar and fuel map, so I just stay on fuel map 1. I lose a position or 2 at the pit stop, oh well. (I only have 10% fuel left on lap 6 while other cars still have 25%) It could be my car too, need to check that fuel consumption thread. Yet I rather drive a car I feel like driving at full speed instead of squeezing the mileage out of a fuel efficient car I don't like driving. I'm here to go fast, no to save the planet :)

Yet it explains why people are so slow and in the way in the twisty section, ugh fuel map blocking.

Lost one due after nerfing the chicane

That damn chicane on Dragon Trail, I am scared ****less of it. 50% chance I crash. And if I play it safe then some 0.5-1.0s behind guy is gonna catch up to me on the straight toward the final curve (and often you have some moron behind you that will go to the inside and push you out).
Today had the same guy in two races in a row do the same thing to me. I kinda screw up the chicane (~10 km/h loss) he is catching up to me, I clearly go to inside (only one direction change) but he insists he must go inside even further (still behind me, not beside me), brakes with right wheels on the grass and kicks me out... one time I saw in replay he brakes way too late, pushes me (but not fatally yet), then goes OFF the brake to push me AGAIN to make sure I get kicked out...

todays races were painful... I kept getting punished from everyone else spins as the game wouldn't ghost them till after I hit them

I've been racing clean as possible (most accidents have been high speed from behind or the side on corners from other drivers) not to say I'm blameless of the odd bump or scuffing paintwork. I haven't even had 50 races yet I've finished 3rd as the highest position so far and I'm at D and A for DR and SR. I'd rather learn to draft, slipstream brake and outcorner other players on each track than trying to cut corners. I don't understand what the issue is with playing games anymore :dunce: It won't take years off your life being a better driver ha ha

That damn chicane on Dragon Trail, I am scared ****less of it. 50% chance I crash. And if I play it safe then some 0.5-1.0s behind guy is gonna catch up to me on the straight toward the final curve (and often you have some moron behind you that will go to the inside and push you out).
Today had the same guy in two races in a row do the same thing to me. I kinda screw up the chicane (~10 km/h loss) he is catching up to me, I clearly go to inside (only one direction change) but he insists he must go inside even further (still behind me, not beside me), brakes with right wheels on the grass and kicks me out... one time I saw in replay he brakes way too late, pushes me (but not fatally yet), then goes OFF the brake to push me AGAIN to make sure I get kicked out...
@FKAustria1911 It's my weakness too. If I lose momentum out of the chicane, either by bottling it or scraping the wall on exit and someone is gaining, I stay centre left and let them attempt to out brake up the inside. Works better if they're on your rear quarter but mostly they go for it regardless. I brake a fraction earlier than usual after drifting far left and let them get the early apex whilst I cut back and get a late one. Slow in, fast out. Then out drag them on the straight. Make sure to give them room on the outside on exit, though, not much, but enough. :D
Worst case scenario, you have a battle on the first chicane or to the finish line. Best case, they fly past on the last corner and go rallying.
Check my replay in the Raptor, last lap. Tag- argybargy

We had some good races there, do you remember me? With the better end for you. You took that Chicane with full risk every lap. 3 races in a row. That’s how you win races. I lifted mostly like a Sissy and therefore didn’t deserve the win.

If you’re not willing to cut the pit entry in Interlagos, stay away... check the replays in the leaderboard.

Good morning everybody!

I like the daily races and have a lot of fun with, but there's one thing I'm interested to know about:

Is it possible to join daily races together with some (or at least one) friend(s) - if DR and SR of us is same.
Will GTS consider our "frienship", if we apply for the same race?

Thanks in advance.

Penwald77

I just made top ten in EU golf race. 9th! Quick, before it goes away!
Far more excited than I should be! :D

Edit: Aww maaaan! Still starting 3rd...
Edit 2: I won! 2nd nerfed 1st. 2nd lost then I outbraked 1st considerately and managed to retain a lead. They were catching me though.

Last edited:
Today's Gr.3 10-lap at Brands was quite fun, did 3 races, one was with clean race bonus, 2 not so.

I just made top ten in EU golf race. 9th! Quick, before it goes away!
Far more excited than I should be! :D

Edit: Aww maaaan! Still starting 3rd...
Smash a 2:00xxx if you want to stay there until lunchtime crunchtime El Litri is a beast :D

I have no delusions about my abilities, it's the first time I've ever been on the board.
My 15m of willy waving will be over shortly! :D

I'd be interested to get any feedback on the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back