"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost up to DR S in 3 days, impressive ! You have been buisy these days.
Thanks, Well looks like I really was, at least a little bit. I just wanted to have a challenge again, grinding up from scratch, and it definitely was worth, every single race. Despite having 2 or 3 bad races, especially yesterday, evening. A pitiful Guy claiming to be a TRL driver( the way he drove I immediately noticed he’s a cheat) made such a honorless move on me, unbelievable. Afterwards we had a little chat on PSN, what a loser.

Just send me a friend invite on PSN, if you’re up for some clean runs, and remember Fair play first, winning second ;)

Will do. Yep, clean racing first and foremost, regardless of what position it's for. Cheers mate

Ok. Just raced 3 of the top 10. Started 4th and finished 4th but I consider this the best I have ever raced. It really can't get any closer!
Definitely, stef, Prost and turtle are top drivers. We quite often race in private lobbies.

Ok. Just raced 3 of the top 10. Started 4th and finished 4th but I consider this the best I have ever raced. It really can't get any closer!

@Mr616 I'm DR A for the first time, not sure for how long though!

Im glad I didnt watch you smash the nuns backdoor in
but you did come first, so thats kind of losing or winning?
nice clean mind driving

Today’s Porsche One make Race is so much fun, ruined by PDs‘ decision to restrict it to just 4laps. They definitely need to make them at least 8 laps. 4laps, ridiculous.

Dragontrail was indeed great today. It propelled me into DR.A again, which led me to discover where the DR.C drivers hang out. For some reason Matchmaking put me on pole in a room full of DR.C and DR.D after I got to DR.A. While in B/S I hardly ever see a DR.C driver, only DR.S, DR.A up front and sometimes DR.D at the back. It was a fluke though, next race DR.S on pole again, the universe was restored.

It took a few races to unlearn my old braking points, that Porsche won't stop, yet after you get it going smoothly it's very rewarding to drive.

Dragontrail was indeed great today. It propelled me into DR.A again, which led me to discover where the DR.C drivers hang out. For some reason Matchmaking put me on pole in a room full of DR.C and DR.D after I got to DR.A. While in B/S I hardly ever see a DR.C driver, only DR.S, DR.A up front and sometimes DR.D at the back. It was a fluke though, next race DR.S on pole again, the universe was restored.

It took a few races to unlearn my old braking points, that Porsche won't stop, yet after you get it going smoothly it's very rewarding to drive.
I'm B/S and I ended up in a race with some C and D racers too. I guess it just depends on who else wants to do that race at any given time.

Heeeeey, I just made it to DR: S too! I didn’t quite feel deserving of it, but then I won four races in a row, followed by a few more podiums and two more wins. Still a little unsure if I’m actually fast or not though. :lol:

3 wins and a 2nd at Nurb and i gained exactly 16 DR. Lost more then 1600 because i got a game error during warm up.:grumpy:

My last race at Lake Maggiore (10 laps) a few days ago gave me 13 points. ^^ It was at 2h00 am. Only one other S/S, a couple of A/S and then B/S all way down to D/S drivers. lol

It was time to go to sleep.

Manage to grab pole at dragon trail in the Porsche yesterday and had it by over 2 seconds. I thought beaut a easy win here. Pfft! By the second corner I was in third and it was funny because no one had passed me. A new glitch it seems. Least I got pole I guess.

I recently did a video of my Gr.4, 10 lap race around Willow Springs - Big Willow with commentary explaining my strategy and thoughts during the race.

I only do the longer races myself, I love the opportunity to gain positions through more laps and by utilising strategy as best as possible. I usually only do 2 daily races on a given day, the first is working out the optimum strategy to run and getting used to the car on worn tyres and the second one is where I attempt to maximise everything and get the best result possible. All good fun.

3 wins and a 2nd at Nurb and i gained exactly 16 DR. Lost more then 1600 because i got a game error during warm up.:grumpy:

The errors seem to be pretty common atm. Got booted 2 times yesterday and had to wait another 15mins to enter...:grumpy:

Hi guys, I'm new on gtplanet :)
Sorry for off top, have :gtplanet: some threats about submitted time records? I'm interested about pro times)

Well, went into the Porsche Dragon Tail race as a B/S and after four races now B/B haha. The car was a handful as you couldn't just throw it around, but be smooth with it and you are rewarded with good lap times. The problem was the drivers that weren't capable of being smooth. Started on the front row twice and got punted off on the first left hander both times. Trying to make your way back was a challenge as any momentum you have is killed when you come up on slower cars you can't just swerve around to pass. Bump. Penalty.

I had a feeling it was going to be tough navigating through traffic going in and I was right. However, I didn't think I would come out as a SR B. I will say it was an enjoyable race though. Since becoming an SR S it seems a lot of races turn into a congo line where your just waiting for someone to screw up so you pick a position. I do prefer racing with clean drivers over the bumper cars in lower SR. So I'll get my S rating back soon.

Won 2 races in a row today on Willow Springs.

Race 3. Was in pole and had the lead the whole way until the last corner when 2nd place bumped me into the gravel only for him to cruise on to win.

Me? SR dropped and he didn't get anything. :banghead:

To be honest - I don't drive in sport mode anymore. It simply doesn't lead to clean racing. It's better to have private lobbies with drivers of similar and/or better capabilities.

The strange thing is: in privately organized championships, everyone seems to be fine with fairplay and everyone recognizes when overtaking is impossible - or - when leaving space for the cars at the inner line of a corner is required to prevent a crash. But in sport mode, ramming and missed breakpoints (for which often the innocent driver is punished [due to whatever reason]) seems to be the order of the day.

Woof, the Group.3 Suzuka is mental. 8x tire wear, I was skidding by the 4th lap! Everyone span out at least once. Makes a good interesting race though.

Race A: Golf GTI - Big Willow
Race B: Gr. 4 - Yamagiwa + Miyabi
Race C: Gr. 3 - Suzuka (Full)

Woof, the Group.3 Suzuka is mental. 8x tire wear, I was skidding by the 4th lap! Everyone span out at least once. Makes a good interesting race though.

Cant wait to enter the race this evening! :D
Especially with the new speakers I build (Klipsch RP-280f). The game is now even more fun! Not for my neighbours though...:P

Had the pit glitch guy again, in the Gr 4 race. He's managed to get himself up to SS.

Other than that, I've had some good battles this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back