"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another daily and another awful experience mainly due to PD's incompetence.
I just won't bother anymore though.
Winning the daily is a matter of luck.
You have to go through a sea of bumper cars that won't get a penalty at all.

There are no servers in Daily Races, it's peer-to-peer.

A while back PD did split the regions up for Daily Races too, but the lobby numbers would have been pathetic. Imagine 75,000 weekly players in Sport Mode (like the record low in March 2019) worldwide. If you're being kind and saying half are in Europe and a third are in North America, with the remaining 1/6 in Asia, Australia, and South America, you'd be looking at 3,500 players per day in North America and 1,000 in South America, split across all ability levels.

There's 192 races a day in the Daily Races, and they're mutually exclusive so a player can enter a maximum of 72 of them in one day. Even if everyone spent all day doing nothing but Daily Races, that'd be an average of 48 people in North America, and 14 in South America. There's simply not enough people to fill the lobbies.

Remember, they're also likely experiencing something similar with regards to North American drivers. Latency doesn't care which end of the pipe you're on.

Fair enough.

But my God, the ramming, the intentional dive bombs, the constant over aggressive moves to the inside causing accidents. It's getting tired and old.

And I wouldn't mind if they were actually, you know, penalized for it.

To be honest, I have met dirty drivers from everywhere.

I have as well. However, it almost feels as if that type of driving (if you want to call it that) is cultural.

I've seen several of them dive bomb and ram cars off the track only to just quit. It's like their sole purpose was to go in and cause chaos in a race.

FIA races would be better with:

No hard tires.
Grid start.
More than 14 laps.:lol:

If you're interested in one make races, I've got something planned, that you might like.

Apart from the grid start thing . .

Edit. I also have this coming up, it you want to jump in for the final round of a series.

iIYSklT.png

Last edited:
@Famine I’d be really surprised if scheduled races (dailies, FIA, Supra Cup) were p2p.

edit: Yeah, they are dedicated servers unless something’s changed since launch.
You mean unless something's changed in the 15 months before launch - that article is from June 2016, and it's not entirely unknown for PD to change its mind on things...

FIA is fixed servers. They're in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Sydney, and Virginia. Daily Races are P2P.

But my God, the ramming, the intentional dive bombs, the constant over aggressive moves to the inside causing accidents. It's getting tired and old.
I have as well. However, it almost feels as if that type of driving (if you want to call it that) is cultural.

I've seen several of them dive bomb and ram cars off the track only to just quit. It's like their sole purpose was to go in and cause chaos in a race.
Yeah, no. Being a prick is not contingent on the nation, country, or continent you're from. It's all down to the person. I've seen the same behaviour from both your countrymen and mine.

If you're going to make sweeping generalisations about people based on where they're from, you can do it somewhere else. Pretty sure we've been over this...

Last edited:
I’ve won many races starting last, with CRB. ;)

Edit: Where you start has zero bearing on DR gains, only where you finish, so weather you start and finish P1 or start last and finish P1, the DR gain for that race will be the exact same.

No, if you start top 3, you then have 9-17 cars behind you who can(and do) make T1 mistakes and ruin you race before it even gets started. Plus, starting on pole and running away with races is boring as 🤬, so again, I’ll run races however the 🤬 I want to, don’t like it? Then “get gud” and figure out how to not let us past you during the race, Cleanly. ;)

The matching system more often than not puts you on pole, or 2-3? I thought the idea was to match you with similarly ranked drivers, so would that - on average - place you midfield?

Here is a video of my last race. Race A in Suzuka East.
Right from the beginning , got caged and ping ponged till they finally drove me off course.
By the second to last lap, I got dive bombed by some driver. At about 5:20, you can see him not even bothering to stop. Luckily I was able to recover.
I just take the weekly races as something meh.

The matching system more often than not puts you on pole, or 2-3? I thought the idea was to match you with similarly ranked drivers, so would that - on average - place you midfield?

It all depends on where and when you’re playing, EMEA has the most people, so there’s almost always a full grid of similarly skilled drivers there. In NA, not so much, it’s mainly only during peak hours in NA that there‘s enough people to get more evenly matched grids. Or in FIA, the matching is much, much better there, I’d assume it’s because more people take part in them, but I don’t know for sure.

Last edited:
HOW CAN I START FASTER ON SUZUKA ?????

I am getting livid at this game, If I press full throttle, I spin and I try and go quickly in 2nd and 3rd gear but still it's not fun but if I press only half throttle, everyone overtakes me

btw enjoy racing this dude, professional karting driver...
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/12080783/overview
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=12080783

Raced him twice while he was in B. Absolute monster and unbeatable... Scary to think he just started the game. I think top players can worry

Last edited by a moderator:
See how we go. Just got home and this will be first race before Nations.

Started 2nd and hit COMI first try. That let the TT go and the RCZ, OyVeyron, another TT and Megane joined in.

The OyVeyron takes a while to build speed. It also kept trying diving to the apex to overtake that RCZ.
It messes up and I grab 4th to reel the 3rd place RCZ in.
RCZ chooses the inside line everywhere. It knows I have the whole corner. Even tried to break the slipstream, but the downhill esses are mine.

On the 9th lap, I get close as bought at T1. Grab 2nd and hold the inside line for entry into COMI. It backs off and I'm gone all the way to the finish.
IMG_20200519_152809.jpg

Edit: Next race. P1 came from the back I think. P2 was pole sitter and I started P4 and was overtaken by a TT by the COMI.
IMG_20200519_155505.jpg

Had a 5-way battle for first and then the FF cars start faltering. The Scirocco closes in and was able to take advantage of me being held up by the leading TT. It dives up my window and I get served 1 seconds for contact. Rubbish.

Pass the TT a couple times. On the last lap were side by side into all braking zones. It sideways bumps me before the COMI. Then, the hairpin. I beat it on the esses and it takes the inside for the hairpin.

We got to the final chicane and just parks it from entry to be exit. Rubbish.

Anyway, I've proven myself with hat the Supra is competitive. Doesn't even lack too much on the straights. It's the acceleration that gives the FFs the advantage. I'm good.

Last edited:
HOW CAN I START FASTER ON SUZUKA ?????

I am getting livid at this game, If I press full throttle, I spin and I try and go quickly in 2nd and 3rd gear but still it's not fun but if I press only half throttle, everyone overtakes me

I used the strategy of turning the TCS up a notch or two for the hairpins in which I was struggling for a while. I've since sorted the problem out, but it gave me some breathing space for a couple of days.

I'd turn if off after exiting the corner.

D'oh me, Of course, the original question was about the START, but I was having issues = spinning out on exits. I've since learned better throttle control.

Apologies.

Meant to do a Race C from the back as my first one of the week by pitting every other lap in qualifying, but it only took me 6 laps to stop paying attention and set a time, so went in at 9th on the grid in the Aston, one of only 4 FR or MR cars on the grid. Started out fun, and was racing a pack of RCZs and TTs, but got punted at T1 on lap 3, and ended up last by the time I got out of the gravel. Had fun racing back through, could gain quite a bit in the twisty bits, but having to watch them drive straight back past on the main straight was a little annoying. Made it back up to 12th, and did some qualifying in different cars after the race, set my best times in the 458 and the NSX, so will try racing in them next. Looking forward to a week of underdog racing!

MAndatory pit stop would be nice. HAve a pit window. NOt neccessarily a multi tyre choice.

Edit: I do not like RAce B. 3 LAps?! That was nothing. Got sent to the back because of the sliding 458 in front of me(which jusyt got 2 seconds for eau rouge). Anyway, Should have chosen the X-Bow for a One MAke or 993 Clubsport. E30 M3 one make or CAmaro ZL1.

Back to RAce C for me. I'll try the C7.

Edit2: Dang. dabbed the brake at the final chicane in FP. Was about to beat my Supra time(1:48.292) with a 48.000. Crossed the line with a 48.474. C7 feels good. Rebouind is a bit tighter than the Supra. So it's not as settled as the Supra over kerbs, but C7 is nice and smooth.

Edit3: Well that was alright. Everyhting but the bit where the FFs want to try and take the apex. It's out-in-out textbook driving. They can't out accelerate me mid-corner. Yet, they kept trying. I started behind te Cayman. So, should have finished there with it. Top 10 is fine.

RCZ runs oiut of steam, through the downhill esses, around Lap8. Should have used the Supra, in this fast room.
Next, will be the F-Type.
EYYH3NCUYAA9C5K

EYYH_LwU8AABgsm

Edit4: Sorry y'all... the Jag is horrible.
EYYOxxYUEAA4E6R

EYYO6_LUYAAd2Z9

The car would not turn from LAp 7. That RC Z came back and overtook me from 2.5 seconds back. I lost pace to the WRX. Sad...

Last edited:
Waited 12mins to enter race C, put a decent qualifier in for the time I had. Started 8th, upto 5th then pushed back to 13th getting punted. Caught back to 8th through the carnage then got rammed. Into last place with about 5sec behind second last, all in the first lap!

Quit that one.

Well. Starting at the back last night didn’t go too well. My first race I died at the chicane early then I was behind a slow car. Didn’t get around him until later where it was too late to catch others. Finished p14 from p19.

Next race I tried from the back again at P19. There was an 86 in that race at P17. I passed him after the hairpin. He was sandwiched by two RCZs, I was on his right. I make it to the esses ok except after the final turn, the 86 tapped me off track on purpose and made me hit the rail. Later I was gaining positions to p12. P13 and P14 was fighting hard behind me and was rough after the chicane. Somehow I get caught up in it and get bumped...1 sec penalty. After that I caught up with the 86 that bumped me and did a revenge punt. He caught back up and hit me again. I gave him choice words after the race. P16.

So after two failed starts at the back and SR dropped to A (79/79), I decided to go ahead and qualify. Right now I’m at 1:48 with the RCZ. I raced again last night and this morning. Better results (p5 and p3) and I gained back my DR I lost.

MAndatory pit stop would be nice. HAve a pit window. NOt neccessarily a multi tyre choice.

Edit: I do not like RAce B. 3 LAps?! That was nothing. Got sent to the back because of the sliding 458 in front of me(which jusyt got 2 seconds for eau rouge). Anyway, Should have chosen the X-Bow for a One MAke or 993 Clubsport. E30 M3 one make or CAmaro ZL1.

Back to RAce C for me. I'll try the C7.

Edit2: Dang. dabbed the brake at the final chicane in FP. Was about to beat my Supra time(1:48.292) with a 48.000. Crossed the line with a 48.474. C7 feels good. Rebouind is a bit tighter than the Supra. So it's not as settled as the Supra over kerbs, but C7 is nice and smooth.

Edit3: Well that was alright. Everyhting but the bit where the FFs want to try and take the apex. It's out-in-out textbook driving. They can't out accelerate me mid-corner. Yet, they kept trying. I started behind te Cayman. So, should have finished there with it. Top 10 is fine.

RCZ runs oiut of steam, through the downhill esses, around Lap8. Should have used the Supra, in this fast room.
Next, will be the F-Type.
EYYH3NCUYAA9C5K

EYYH_LwU8AABgsm

Edit4: Sorry y'all... the Jag is horrible.
EYYOxxYUEAA4E6R

EYYO6_LUYAAd2Z9

The car would not turn from LAp 7. That RC Z came back and overtook me from 2.5 seconds back. I lost pace to the WRX. Sad...
Mate, what you do is amazing.

Thanks for testing cars for us even if it might cost you little DR in the process.
Amazing job! :)

I'm just not having fun with Race A this week. Those FF cars feel like seesaws with how exaggerated you have to plant the weight forward. Add to that, that most people seem incapable of sharing the course with other drivers. I kept having people on the last turn stop short of working to the outer edge on their exit line. Then, when my natural exit line gives them a car width of space at the edge of the track, they act like I'm running them off of the course and they get revenge by ruining both of our races by trying to ram me on the straight.

At least there's always Spa.

Got placed into an even faster room. Firstly I got disconnected before I could try the Megane(didn't beat my Supra time).
Jumped in the Scirocket. First lap was 1:47.5xx just obliterated the Supra.

Matched for the race. All the Aussie flags mentioned how each and everyone got booted before the race. So, I wasn't the only one.

IMG_20200519_230934.jpg

This don't tell the story.
Two 650Ss handed the FFs their hind parts. P1 won by 3 seconds. The 6th placed 650S drove by me like I was in reverse with the handbrake up.

It then drove by the TT ahead of me and poof... Out of sight to the finish.
Insult to injury, was an RCZ overtook me on the last lap and drove away. My tyres were cooked, but I maintained a 1.5-2 second buffer to the TT behind. Pretty much since lap 1.

If others can get those FFs to work, more power to them. I'm sticking with RWD in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back