"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The no stop in the McLaren works pretty well, you just have to be a little cautious in the braking zones is all. :)

762A7C4A-ED2D-478F-9193-A02136024E47.jpeg

Seeing this makes me long for more Dailies at Goodwood, especially in period cars! Historic touring cars plus Goodwood equals some of the best racing anywhere.

The first clip of the Minis could almost be a GTS race - the similarity in the action is uncanny.....

Some of the best racing I have ever seen is Chris Harris in a Mini on Goodwood.
Also Tom Kristensen in a Ford Galaxy, batteling tiny cars
Edit: that will teach me not to comment until I have watched the video. The battle between the Galaxy and the Alfa is in this very video! :lol:

Last edited:
I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Every time I start race B by the time I reach first chicane I'm 0.6s off the person in front but have only 0.2s of lead to the car behind me! I thought it was the Supra I'm using but in one race Supra was behind me and same thing still happened. This occurs in every race no matter the position I'm starting on.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Every time I start race B by the time I reach first chicane I'm 0.6s off the person in front but have only 0.2s of lead to the car behind me! I thought it was the Supra I'm using but in one race Supra was behind me and same thing still happened. This occurs in every race no matter the position I'm starting on.

Try having full gas as the auto-drive kick in. It also pays to burn fuel here

Short shift that pig. Can’t recall “best” rpm to shift at but try like 1500 below redline
Better yet check out Mistah_MCA lap guides on the new boob tube.

Lol had a go on C last night mmm I was 1.15.6xx behind the leader at the start of lap 5. Don't think I will do any ore there.

Urrrrrgh got reset again at Seaside, ok I am not going all out to avoid contact but man, honestly 8 times from 10 it is someone hitting me and I get the blame. How can you be rear ended into the uphill corkscrew or the uphill right after the flat right and get SR down or even penalised? I braked at the exact correct spot so man, just brutal.

As others have said don't feather the throttle in auto drive just keep your foot planted. Also you're revving it too high. Peak power is at 7000 rpm in the supra, which equates to when the rev bar is purple and nearly full. Other cars need short shifting as well like the gr3 viper, corvette & gr4 McLaren 650s to name a few but they need shifting when the rev bar is half full.

Last edited:
Urrrrrgh got reset again at Seaside, ok I am not going all out to avoid contact but man, honestly 8 times from 10 it is someone hitting me and I get the blame. How can you be rear ended into the uphill corkscrew or the uphill right after the flat right and get SR down or even penalised? I braked at the exact correct spot so man, just brutal.

I went 99 to c one race b yesterday, but I’m back to s now after 3 clean c races (no qual stay away from cars, if anyone’s behind at the start I duck into the pits immediately)
Yes I snapped. I snapped after a series of unfortunate sr down penalties etc. example I was passing 3 cars on the straight past the bus stop but an AMG unghosted in front of me.
Usually from the back there I can get by the erratic people before they know what happened but not this time...At the back there it’s a cluster.
I punted and hip checked off quite a few cars in that race...
Onward!

Edit I just realized yesterday was an FIA day so matching was poor since a lot of good drivers were FIA focused, that and every FIA day seems to be dirty overall, don’t know what gets into everyone...
I did one A race yesterday from the back never touched a soul, I passed a guy who spun last lap and he just plowed me in the final hairpin.
Edit highlight of yesterday was going last to 4th on c race in my m4, all aids on just following the yellow brick road haha. That was fun.

Last edited:
Seaside is great to get penalties and get SR down.. Second race in a row I get 4 seconds penalty because front car spin off and I contact just before he turns ghost.. Common..

seems i have seen this before...........LOL

I noticed St Croix is making a very rare appearance in the Daily Races, so last night I quite literally dusted off my wheel after 6 months or so of inactivity and attempted to make my glorious comeback to GT Sport.

It did not go as planned! Starting 7th, nerves clearly got the better of me as I proceeded to drive myself off the track in turns 2, 3 and 4 and was12th before I calmed down and settled in to the race.

Gradually clawed my way back, despite realising at the pit stop that I'd forgotten to practice on hard tyres, and ended up 5th in an exciting (and clean) race. Scored a massive 33 DR too :lol:

A few more races like this and I might fall in love with the game again!

Race C will break my only use a car once racing system today as ignoring the FF's, I've only got 3 Gr4's left. Veyron, Trophy and 4C. No top 5 finishes for me today then.:lol:

This is the first time I've raced under this new (to me) penalty system and it's proving ridiculously tough (and often frustrating) in no qualifying races (comes with the territory) but on this track and in these cars, it's wicked fun trying to get a result. Flipping the 1-4, 4-1, 2-3, 3-2 and no stop strategies as the race dictates has been one of its best features but dodging wide running FF's in the last couple of laps is tiring. I get more SR downs on those laps than I do in the 1st but I'm just about maintaining an S. Just...:scared:

How is this matchmaking even fair lol. That's why I'm tanking it. Got to A driving backwards, I'm gonna do it again.
View attachment 961977

There’s quite a few right near your q time man. Plus your c s there so makes it a bit tougher to get pens against b s.
Fact is not enough players. I’d guess that’s the best lobby available at that time, in a way you could be proud to be in it.
That said, I TOTALLY GET IT. Like for myself, I’ve taken a couple accounts to A plus, use wheel, over 50 days total playtime, but I only like putting in the time sometimes on certain races to race at that level.
Day to day, I like plugging in and racing, I don’t warm up so lately I just no qual. So with THAT I control my sr 90 percent of the time, but usually I am passing a bunch of guys I have no business racing, and some of them are dirty, and sometimes I beat them down. I kinda have more fun playing THIS way vs “seeking out my ultimate potential” practicing hours for a race when even then, there’s people who play like idiots and wreck it for others so then I snap and fight them....It’s a vicious cycle.
I try to keep my dr on alt at a certain point at least a full letter from my true dr and honestly I find it most fun, just not qualifying.
Playing at a level that’s too high isn’t fun it’s just too hard to enjoy with the pens and driving standards tbh.
I guess it’s just kind of a fact that in real racing being dirty can be advantageous.
If there were more players in NA things might be different, or if ratings were based on combo or if they didn’t show the letter ratings, why do I need to know?
All I do know is you just gotta let go and find a way to enjoy the game.
Playing at too high a level isn’t fun, plus the way ratings work, c dr only requires c sr.
Cool onboard here to lighten things up. Brake pre apex throttle after apex...

Had a long stint of shifts at work but finally managed to get some laps in at Dragon Trail qualifiers :) Only tried 2 cars so far but they are not exactly miles off the leading cars tbh... Gonna try the Huracan tonight 👍 Here's my best laps so far... Love that chicane of death :D:tup:

GT40 Test car

V12 Vantage

Has anyone tested the Maclaren F1 here yet? I have high hopes for that with the top end speed? :cheers:

I've not raced much but have done all 3 Races this week. Pretty rare. 👍

On track behaviour seems better this week. In my opinion because of safer combos this week. DT Sea being the "honeypot" (good theory btw), the Fugu requiring patience and a reverse new track.

But SR is still random/practically backwards. It can be frustrating.

There’s quite a few right near your q time man. Plus your c s there so makes it a bit tougher to get pens against b s.
Fact is not enough players. I’d guess that’s the best lobby available at that time, in a way you could be proud to be in it.
That said, I TOTALLY GET IT. Like for myself, I’ve taken a couple accounts to A plus, use wheel, over 50 days total playtime, but I only like putting in the time sometimes on certain races to race at that level.
Day to day, I like plugging in and racing, I don’t warm up so lately I just no qual. So with THAT I control my sr 90 percent of the time, but usually I am passing a bunch of guys I have no business racing, and some of them are dirty, and sometimes I beat them down. I kinda have more fun playing THIS way vs “seeking out my ultimate potential” practicing hours for a race when even then, there’s people who play like idiots and wreck it for others so then I snap and fight them....It’s a vicious cycle.
I try to keep my dr on alt at a certain point at least a full letter from my true dr and honestly I find it most fun, just not qualifying.
Playing at a level that’s too high isn’t fun it’s just too hard to enjoy with the pens and driving standards tbh.
I guess it’s just kind of a fact that in real racing being dirty can be advantageous.
If there were more players in NA things might be different, or if ratings were based on combo or if they didn’t show the letter ratings, why do I need to know?
All I do know is you just gotta let go and find a way to enjoy the game.
Playing at too high a level isn’t fun, plus the way ratings work, c dr only requires c sr.
Cool onboard here to lighten things up. Brake pre apex throttle after apex...

That's it!! I mean, it's good to race clean but that puts you in a complicated position if you aren't fast enough. I play maybe 1 hour a day, some days I don't play at all and I don't intend to reach pro levels. Maybe if I get a wheel I'll improve a bit or a lot, who knows.

Anyway, B/S was a terrible combination for me. Practice time should be first, then DR, then SR imo. Races would be much more competitive. But yeah, not having enough players is a huge problem.

First win today at Seaside after 92 attempts! (mixture of GR4 and GR3).

qualified on a very modest 1.40 yet somehow on pole.
Everyone behind me messed up and sailed home with a FL of 1.41, second place was 7 seconds behind! I don't think anyone else breached 1.42

I guess most people here have completed the sport achievements?
I'm not sure I will ever get to 50 FL. Even the races I have won quite often I am not fastest lap

I'm not sure if anyone will agree with this, but I really like driving the Gr.4 cars with hard tires, instead of medium.
It sounds weird, but having less rear grip gives me better rotation. I started a C race on hards, then stopped for mediums. My Vette got understeery on the mediums, because I think the back end was just too planted to give me the power-on rotation, so the front end plowed wide.

I just did all 5 laps on hard tires in the Trophy, and it was really fun. The tire wear was very minimal. Consistent lap times.
It's not likely that anyone would win the race in that car, but I enjoyed it. 👍

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone will agree with this, but I really like driving the Gr.4 cars with hard tires, instead of medium

Dude!
Crazy to hear you say that! Me too!
I actually ran m4 a few quals today, using med and I don’t care for the feel, plus for me they aren’t much faster...
I like the mini balanced drift effect of the car in a fast sweeper vs the weird sharper turn in but more weight transfer of the harder compound...I find on meds it’s easier to get my car out of balance somehow. I’m pretty smooth too, weird.
Plus I like the way hards feel with some wear...Predictable....

Cannot see the split times but a 37 at seaside? TBH I see a few errors and early braking and late on the power but a 37?????? How? I mean no disrespect but I just cannot see it other than on the stop watch.

Cheers mate 👍 I have a few miles under my belt at DTS I suppose that helps :) I'm hoping trying the Huracan later I might find some of the 1.4 secs I am behind the leader ... 1st place is 1'36.3 in the Huracan last time I looked :eek:👍

I haven't raced at Seaside in a while but if I remember correctly it's just the gearing in auto drive. Supra always starts off a little slow, in the GT LM I'm usually right on their bumper starting off if behind one or I have a nice sizable gap if I start in front of one. The same can be said for the Beetle and Porsche if I'm not mistaken little lag getting started in auto drive before the count.

Ok, C/C now, did Race A and it was carnage but fun. I'm sure now the game rewards dirty drivers. I slightly touched 2 cars while passing them and they spun, I was being pretty aggressive, "no ragrets".

The funny thing is, I got NO PENALTIES at all. My SR actually went up haha, it's all a big joke, I don't care anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back