"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran the 01:30 night race in EMEA. Qualified as P16. Ran my own race, following my line except for lap 6where I slid a little on the new cold tires. Had no scrubbing or close encounters until lap 10 where I passed a Spanish driver who's pSN name ended with 2017... He didn't like that so rammed me off at the last big hairpin.
He got 1 second but I was 1.8 behind as I crossed the line.
Had I stayed ahead I would have gained 10 places in that race...

Last edited:
So sad. I did a 1:59.894 in the RX-V for RAce C. Jumped in the AMG GT3 and did a 1:58.824 while using ciockpit view. Switched to hood cam and dropped my time to 1:57.884 with optimum being 1:57.604. Is the car that easy? Is that for real?

I'm starting 7th in this next race. An RX-V is 10th with a 1:58.346. See how we go...

C'mon, Son. The Beetle was no stopping. I pitted half distance.

Earlier in the race, A Huracan(I've raced that player plenty of times) ahead was signalling for me to pass, but it was still going okay. So, I didn't press the issue so we could keep pace to the cars behind. This player in the Beetle, like, why? Why block on toasted tyres. It finished 10th.

I got 6 accounts, one of the being an R4M account as well!

On a serious note I am returning to online Daily Races 'soon' (sorry couldn't resist GT7 speculation word :)) as I am now feeling I want to do the 91 wins trophy on a second account, hopefully it will not take as long as the first account! :cheers:

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
So sad. I did a 1:59.894 in the RX-V for RAce C. Jumped in the AMG GT3 and did a 1:58.824 while using ciockpit view. Switched to hood cam and dropped my time to 1:57.884 with optimum being 1:57.604. Is the car that easy? Is that for real?

I'm starting 7th in this next race. An RX-V is 10th with a 1:58.346. See how we go...
Let me get back to you in just a few. I Cannot get under 1:59.xxx despite practice and studying guides. I hope you cracked the code for me.
I am a few beers deep so either DUII Or DU-YAH. hopefully there’s always tomorrow.
Well boys I’ll report back within the next 24 hours, if I don’t return you know who to call?!?
I started running some laps and thought I had some really good sector times but kept crashing and restarting and then forgot what I was doing and started a race.:odd:

Last edited:
C'mon, Son. The Beetle was no stopping. I pitted half distance.

Earlier in the race, A Huracan(I've raced that player plenty of times) ahead was signalling for me to pass, but it was still going okay. So, I didn't press the issue so we could keep pace to the cars behind. This player in the Beetle, like, why? Why block on toasted tyres. It finished 10th.

That guy must have been having a bad day or something. He got tangled with @D_Dragline in an earlier race then punted me into the wall coming out of last turn on last lap to get 8th

I don't know if you are in here and I can't write your name but if you are and recognise yourself in the video (German driver in red AMG that tried to ram me off at finish line)
Then perhaps you care to explain what you got so royaly pissed about??
You had no overlap, I followed my racing line and you couldn't get past....
Man I hope you are too young to have a driver's license...

Last edited:
I don't know if you are in here and I can't write your name but if you are and recognise yourself in the video (German driver in red AMG that tried to ram me off at finish line)

I could be way off the mark because I haven't tried the race but it looks like he ran out of fuel and desperately tried to hold the position. There is zero reason to drop a place otherwise

Last edited:
Well, I had the displeasure of racing a German, who has finished 202 races, and won 202 races...

Needless to say, does anything to win, if he can't win he quits the race.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9704685

If he ever has the misfortune of being in a lobby with me, on my alternate account. He won't be finishing that race.

Bounty time... someone needs to get on this guys bumper just before the finish and punt him into the wall such that he slides across in P2 before there is time to disconnect.

The only thing that might be of question would be the exit of that last downhill left-hander. Looks like he tried to get real close on exit & you were taking the normal line. He probably just wanted to play the victim. He might have felt like you were trying to push him off.

Well, good news.
Next weeks races have been posted.

A: Goodwood - N300 👍
B: Mt. Panorama - Gr.3 (for the 20th time :rolleyes:)
C: Dragon Trail Seaside - Gr.4

E9869E7A-A9EC-4E9F-ADE7-C4401079A6FF.jpeg

The only thing that might be of question would be the exit of that last downhill left-hander. Looks like he tried to get real close on exit & you were taking the normal line. He probably just wanted to play the victim. He might have felt like you were trying to push him off.
That's exactly what I think. He thought I would give him space on the outside even if he had no overlap and got pissed because it didn't work.

Feels like they get paid to put DST in races. Between FIA and dailies it feels like it's run weekly...

Even if they stuck to alternating group 3 and 4 for race B there's lots of underused tracks.

How about:

Suzuka East
Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Kyoto Yamagiwa
Dragon Trail Gardens (by far better than Seaside)
Autopolis

Add in Gr2, Gr1, RBJr, SF19, F1500 and you've got tons of combos on fun tracks that aren't endlessly repetitions of DST or gimmick tracks.

Feels like they get paid to put DST in races. Between FIA and dailies it feels like it's run weekly...

Even if they stuck to alternating group 3 and 4 for race B there's lots of underused tracks.

How about:
Dragon Trail Gardens (by far better than Seaside)
Autopolis
E9869E7A-A9EC-4E9F-ADE7-C4401079A6FF.jpeg

;):lol::cheers:

They've good plenty of old cars just sitting there too. Even if it were a Red Pig One Make, Cobra Coupe versus GTO, GT40 versus Miura, Pantera Versus '74 Countach, 1950's Aston versus Jag.

N300 at Goodwood. Hope that's a classic car.

Well, I had the displeasure of racing a German, who has finished 202 races, and won 202 races...

Needless to say, does anything to win, if he can't win he quits the race.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9704685

If he ever has the misfortune of being in a lobby with me, on my alternate account. He won't be finishing that race.

He *conveniently* keeps his DR super low by quiting and then gets rewarded by getting grouped into low DR lobbies where he can win.

That is very sad indeed. :banghead:

PD needs the ability to reset stats, that would work much better than a ban with people like this, I'd imagine they'd then be annoyed for days. :D

:cheers::gtplanet:

I have been thinking about this, probably more than what is healthy. Everyone on this board is plugged-in and more or less self-aware. They all know about Kudosprime, stats, win percentage etc. What if some of the these destructive high-win drivers are simply clueless, unaware of things like DR or SR or kudosprime? I am sure most are aware as one can tell from their pre and post race drivel. I bet there are others that get simple pleasure from a victory, they don't care about their score, they don't care about wrecking others, they want simple gratification and want it *now*.

And I think the best solution, posed by Sturk earlier, is have time penalties carry into the next race where they start 5 seconds from the back of the grid, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back