"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This jackass hit me about 10 times during the race. Never pull alongside him.
I got two 1 second penalties for being bumped outside of the track limits twice.
As you can see, I gained a tremendous advantage by going wide there. :lol:
Excellent work, PD. đź‘Ť He finished with a blue rating.

My alt has lost more SR this week from people running into me. It really is remarkable how broken the system is right now.

Today's system seems lenient with side contact yet sensitive with rear. I looked back at a replay under the 1.52 system and it triggered 1 sec penalties for swiping or pushing cars outside track limits, similar to @sturk0167's vid. So rather than penalise the perpetrator who originally sent a car outside limits, let's instead punish the victim with a track penalty. PD logic.

I don't think the penalty system is as bad as everyone makes out. Yes you sometimes get unfair ridiculous penalties, but I guarantee you will have benefited more from other people getting penalties in the grand scheme of things. That's definitely how it's been for me.

Because most of the time any minor contact results in a penalty, it means that in my experience the racing is cleaner because most (although not all) drivers are actively trying to avoid contact now instead of doing the dive up the inside and bump you out of the way manoeuvre, which was rife when I first started playing GTS seriously back in February this year.

Guess who started the race in reverse ?

Btw this guy got me good and I'm pretty sure we've never tangled before,, couldn't see from his perspective because ofc i dd rage quit , maybe @roamingbard13 can assist , pretty sure you witnessed me murdered in 4k :D

nah, launch edition PS4 here. I’ll check the replay for you though!

Last edited:
Today's system seems lenient with side contact yet sensitive with rear. I looked back at a replay under the 1.52 system and it triggered 1 sec penalties for swiping or pushing cars outside track limits, similar to @sturk0167's vid. So rather than penalise the perpetrator who originally sent a car outside limits, let's instead punish the victim with a track penalty. PD logic.
Side to side contact is a separate penalty setting and it's off by default when making a custom race/lobby. So I think it's off for official races too, which explains things like this.

Side contact penalties are still on, it said I forced him off track. :lol:

Btw this guy got me good and I'm pretty sure we've never tangled before,, couldn't see from his perspective because ofc i dd rage quit , maybe @roamingbard13 can assist , pretty sure you witnessed me murdered in 4k :D

That happened to me in my 2nd race tonight too, luckily I noticed it before the race started and got it back into 1st gear before the light went green.

Last edited:

That happened to me in my 2nd race tonight too, luckily I noticed it before the race started and got it back into 1st gear before the light went green.

These are the penalties that infuriate me. There’s a logic flaw in the code when it calculates whether a car is forced off the track. It also applied it to situations where the only car pushed off is yours and you get the penalty for forcing a car off.

Last edited:
These are the penalties that infuriate me. There’s a logic flaw in the code when it calculates whether a car is forced off the track. It also applied it to situations where the only car pushed off is yours and you get the penalty for forcing a car off.
And this is a big part of how SR got totalled iny first race last night. Just incidental contact, like a car being slightly wiggly while we accelerate side by side out of a turn, SR down and one of us would get a penalty. Just so random since I got side slammed off at Arnage and apparently all was good.

I would imagine the most infuriating part is how really random the penalty system.is in applying the penalties. We are almost always guessing.

Just had the worse dirty air moments by far. Anywhere close to the cars ahead in Race C and just loss of grip. I've only really experienced it this much in braking behind a car. Not so much like this in the corners. Especially the run under the Liqui Moly bridge. Had to keep backing off. Also, I had to feather the throttle at the ess before heading to the bowl turn around. Insane.

Just had a penalty fest in race C. Trying to repair SR. Get blasted wide for penalties on lap 1. Trying to cruise through and get penalties because people ahead crash and bounce back onto track. Then a classic couple of late swerves. Cut the corner to dive inside and immediately cut in front in the braking zone. Even when I am braking early the sudden car in front means I've lost that space to brake. Sr B lobbies are 🤬.

Was hoping for a couple of quick ones, but if I keep getting blasted by idiots lap 1 it is going to be super slow ones trying to keep from getting lapped to simply avoid all the cars.

I hate people some times.:ouch:

I repaired my SR last night, back at 99 from 76.
Took me three C's to do so. On a Saturday night after FIA...
There where clearly several people DUI'ing...
I spend the first race in the same spot, to avoid contact and was at 92 after that. The second race I was content staying behind the guy in front, because it was probably the best matchmaked race I have ever been in. We spent 3 laps as a train, I couldn't make a move and he couldn't shake me off.
Then the British guy in the Porsche ahead of his BMW and my Viper started blocking and swerving and hit his BMW.
I actually got so annoyed that I went up on the inside of the Porsche at the final turn when he blocked the BMW and passed and he got unsettled and the BMW came by too.
After that I kept pushing, forgetting all about SR rebuilding, moving up from my start as p13 to p5.
Then I thought "why not go for FL, not out of reach"....
Clipped the sausage curb in the esses.... You can't brake with two wheels high in the air....
Spun and ended up as p9.
With a blue S and SR 99.
Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
I am going to have to follow your lead @RacingGrandpa as I seem to be a moron magnet and not handling it well at the moment. Leaving plenty of space, like massive amounts, but still not enough room. And Any attempt to pass is met with brutal idiotic defense. I mean a guy tried to swerve to block me while ghosted from hitting the wall on the start finish straight. Why do I get an SR down for someone ramming me anyway?

Down to SR 20. Possible reset incoming. Only B driver in an otherwise straight D/C lobby.

EDIT- managed to figure it out, wait a lap while they destroy themselves and find some clear space after the carnage. 2 CRB and a mostly clean 1 except for an annoying track limit issue and back to SR 96. Good enough for me.

Last edited:
wait a lap while they destroy themselves and find some clear space after the carnage.
Yes, I always take it slow first lap to let the tires warm properly, especially the racing hard that PD loves so much.

Why do I get an SR down for someone ramming me anyway?

Well, PD are distributing SR down for any contact, to both cars for not avoiding the contact. Also for contact with walls, for running off track etc etc.
It's just that when you are rammed off he gets SR down for the contact while you get it once for the contact, again for running off and possibly once more for hitting a wall. And then probably a penalty to rub it in....

Last edited:

I have started that way on a few occasions and never figured out how I got into reverse - somehow I shifted it and not sure when. It is aggrivating but funny too.

Slot 1 race last night I had someone miss their braking and do the same thing to me but luckily I did not execute the chicane's right/left turns correctly and he went right across my nose with no contact. Sorry for your luck.

When you finish 10th in a field of 12 the end picture should post a large banner across the top saying something like "you survived the race - now learn how to drive!" or "You should have just ran this race and left the car in the pits!".

Last nights poor race A result:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025021057.jpg

Good racing, no major incidents, very good side by side racing. I will probably try the TT Cup or Megane today and see if I can get a better finish.

Enjoy your racing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to have to follow your lead @RacingGrandpa as I seem to be a moron magnet and not handling it well at the moment. Leaving plenty of space, like massive amounts, but still not enough room. And Any attempt to pass is met with brutal idiotic defense. I mean a guy tried to swerve to block me while ghosted from hitting the wall on the start finish straight. Why do I get an SR down for someone ramming me anyway?

Down to SR 20. Possible reset incoming. Only B driver in an otherwise straight D/C lobby.

EDIT- managed to figure it out, wait a lap while they destroy themselves and find some clear space after the carnage. 2 CRB and a mostly clean 1 except for an annoying track limit issue and back to SR 96. Good enough for me.

I literally had a guy swerve to block me while he was still ghosting from his penalty! Not to mention several people bin it and swerve back onto the track as I'm passing them only to ram me and give me more SR down arrows. It has been brutally stupid the last several days. And literally impossible to repair the SR on my alt if I try to race at all. Then I remember that it's my alt and this is the reason that I created to account to begin with and push on ahead and destroy my SR some more.

I dunno, I might go ahead and stop racing and lap from the back just to see what this track is like at SR 99 today. Just to see how the other half lives, you know?

Last edited:
Can someone please explain why Nurburgring 24hr Race C has not been on since November 2019 and why Blue Moon Bay Oval Gr3 is never on Race C and why the FWD Gr4 Race A Nurb 24hr is never on? Very concerning now its only ever Interlagos, Suzuka, Fuji-polis. I play games more in lockdown for fun. I do not play games to live in Polyphony Digitals world of Ground Hog Week Races. Did i mention the same weekly races? Ground-Hog-Weeks. Suku-Uji-Olis-Inter-Lago. Did i mention . . . . .

Doing some qualifying on my dark account & I didn't Hulk-smash the entire lap. Got the C race QT down under 2 minutes. Can't remember my previous times here, but it should help me get a good qualifying spot in these B/C rooms.

Edit: first race, starting second with a 2.3 second QT gap. :eek:

Last edited:

I witnessed someone getting exactly the same penalty :D
And as @Timm Sheehan said , i think its a glitch where sometimes the reverse auto engages , not the first time it happened to me and probably not the last one,

It's so unbalanced, you get SR down for nothing at Race A while Race C has been pretty forgiving for me. It's like completely different games.

I'm almost giving up and trying ACC.
This is when I switched to Race A only (To try something different as defense against cheaters)...
Screenshot at 2020-10-18 08-17-23.png

The faster you are, the more you get targeted.

Last edited:
And as @Timm Sheehan said , i think its a glitch where sometimes the reverse auto engages , not the first time it happened to me and probably not the last one,
I deleted gt sport before. Rival rammed me ofd by undercutting me. I then got the penalty so been casual and having lockdown stress and wanting to de stress i went to ram the rival back but ghosting kicked in and protected the guilty. The usual rage quit and delete application then releases its a 102GB game. Am i re downloading it? Only if nurb 24hr gr3 and blue moon bay gr3 oval go back on race c. Then i will re downloaded. Kudosprime i shall keep checking lol

This is when I switched to Race A only (To try something different as defense against cheaters)...
View attachment 967188
The faster you are, the more you get targeted.

Is that the reason you switched to race A only or the result? :P:lol:

Oh the humanity! Getting faster in qualifying. Down to a 59.222 with a 58.8xx theoretical best. :banghead:

Last edited:

Yeah, I run through a pre-race check list now while I am sitting there waiting for the go signal . . . TCS, BB, 1st Gear, radar view . . . have not been caught in reverse for a few weeks now.

Is that the reason you switched to race A only or the result? :P:lol:
It's like Republicans vs Democrats when you climb up the ladder. You get targeted by penalty cheaters. That 3rd drop in DR was one race... I was in 3rd place gaining on 1&2 who slowed down side by side with a clean shot for me through the middle. I took it and got sideswiped by both of them repeatedly as I passed through. Total setup.

Last edited:
It's like Republicans vs Democrats when you climb up the ladder. You get targeted by penalty cheaters. That 3rd drop in DR was one race... I was in 3rd place gaining on 1&2 who slowed down side by side with a clean shot for me through the middle. I took it and got sideswiped by both of them repeatedly as I passed through. Total setup.
Had that myself. Stunts like that are appauling and they get no penaltys. I thought before if they are not stopping this behaviour then their own game and Sport Mode will loose everyone. That alone means Sony are allowing harrassment and bullying on their network. Also the FIA Rules been violated. Poor management and lack of due care of attention. GT Sport was the last Gran Turismo I buy. End of a era for a once flagship racer thats entering the end of the usual three to four year game lifespan.

I'm done for the moment. Had 3 races in C. I goofed up in all of them. Finished 6th & a pair of 4ths. Gained DR, but more importantly, gained SR. đź‘Ť

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back