"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st race at Suzuka didn't go too well, got punted into the gravel at the hairpin on L3, completed a lap to recover any lost SR then retired from the race (quit ;))
2nd attempt went much better, started P2 and maintained that position throughout the race, couldn't catch P1, they finished 10 secs ahead. Went with 8 S 2 M as I wasn't under any pressure from behind & the GT-R handled the tyre wear well.
3rd attempt started P7, by the end of the 2nd lap I was P2, once again P1 was way ahead & no pressure from behind.
Currently DR C but as Suzuka is one of my better tracks that's going to rise once I increase my QT, then it's going to get messy.
I foresee more "retirements" :lol:

I went to race C to get some SR points. On the last lap, the 2 guys in front of me each gave each other a penalty.
I knew what was coming. I stayed back a bit. They were fighting over 4th and 5th place. Who cares?
In the end, they both lost 3 or 4 positions. I got the 4th spot, and gained 24 SR points. Idiots :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
So, should the next game have real time SR points? I mean along with the green and orange arrows. I don't check my points at all. If I go to my Profile, I can see my bar either closer to full or down to a minimum. That's how I know if I've gained or dropped rating points.

Last edited:
Last 2 laps, time to go!

That one worked okay, this one... not so much :odd:

PS_App_20201110_013958.jpeg

So, should the next game have real time SR points? I mean along with the green and orange arrows. I don't check my points at all. If I go to my Profile, I can see my bar either closer to full or down to a minimum. That's how I know if I've gained or dropped rating points.
Try Kudosprime.com, here's a link to yours- https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=5623436
I usually just keep my profile open on a tab on the PS4 web browser, and take a quick look at DR or SR between races. Credits also matter too, I think if you get 100,000 or so you gain a tone of DR(had that during a normal race once) and 50,000 is intermediate for Race C(no gain, no loss) I think.

Try Kudosprime.com, here's a link to yours- https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=5623436
I usually just keep my profile open on a tab on the PS4 web browser, and take a quick look at DR or SR between races. Credits also matter too, I think if you get 100,000 or so you gain a tone of DR(had that during a normal race once) and 50,000 is intermediate for Race C(no gain, no loss) I think.
I get you. Think it's less stress for me if I keep my eyes off the micro managing. It's nearly like calorie counting. :lol:

Here's this weeks guide folks :D! Make sure you don't start in P20 on Race C!

I was panicking, because I knew my poor QT in race C would put me at the back - luckily in the two races I did last night I had two non-qualifiers behind me, so somebody else got the half lap penalty!

A good reason to not go for non-qualifying at Suzuka. Certainly makes last to first a bigger challenge too.

Morning! Suzuka in gr2 is just perfect combo, since I learned to drive with TCS off its pure pleasure:) My cute little daughter decided to wake up 4 in the morning(night) so I decided to race before work, and man, its just awesome... Tommorow I got day off because there is Independence Day in Poland so I gonna race all day long:) Time to get my DR back to A... Using GTR '16 my QT is 1,46.875. Hope to see you guys on track:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Credits have nothing to do with DR gains. DR gains are solely based on the strength of the room, and your finishing position, nothing else. 👍

There is a thread somewhere with all the details @Famine knows.

A quick explanation.

Door numbers mean little when you or other in the room are below DR.B (below 10,000 DR)
Door number is your DR reverse sorted alphabetically, 9 gets door number one, 8,000 comes after 900, etc.

The formula for DR is

You gain 80 points from each driver you finish ahead of, adjusted for the difference in your DR vs the other driver's DR

80 + (DR difference / 500) for each driver.

If your DR is higher you get less points (minimum 1)
If your DR is lower you get more points (maximum 160)

It's a zero sum exchange, so in reverse you give 80 points to each driver you finish behind.
(You can't end up below 1 yet still give out the points you owe, technically not zero sum, point inflation happens at the bottom)
Disconnecting counts as finishing last (you still give points to those who do stay connected until the end)

To get off the ground, you'll need to finish about half way up. It depends on the room though and who you beat. If you get matched with an A/S driver who crashes or disconnect, you'll get 160 points from that driver alone.

SR is a tricky subject especially now penalties have harsh SR deductions while still being assigned wrong far more often than not.
SR is the first factor in matchmaking and is the reason why the competition often seems completely unfair.

Any SR Down (penalty or not), getting the orange SR Down arrow for contact with another car deducts 10 SR.
Race A and B usually only give out 4 to 6 SR for a clean race, Race C nowadays is worth around 12 points per race.
This combined with penalties being assigned wrongly most of the time, does not guarantee any better racing at SR.S than at SR.C :/

In my experience, racing as DR.B SR.C is much better nowadays than at DR.A SR.S, sad but it's been like that for a couple months now.
Time of day, whether you do Race A/B or C make a big difference in where your SR goes, it has little left to do with sportmanship or driving by generally accepted racing rules. https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Matchmaking works by collecting all entries between 90 and 99 SR, sort on DR, create rooms.
Then collect all entries between 80 and 89 SR, sort on DR, add the highest DR to the left over spots in the last room created and continue.

This results in for example getting rooms like
1. A+/S90+ to B/S90+
2. B/S90+ to D/S90+
3. A+/S80+ with D/S90+ (the last D/S90+ room had spots left over which get filled with the highest DR in 80-89 range creating a A+ with D room)
4. A/S80+ to C/S80+
5. A/S70+ with C/S80+ to D/S80+ (the last 80-89 SR room had spots left over which get filled by the highest DR in 70-79 range)
etc

Matchmaking only really works in the 90 to 99 SR room, the rest all easily get messed up due to how the server fills up rooms.
Still when there aren't that many entries the top room is usually A+/S90+ to D/S90+, you don't stand a chance.

SR.B is the largest group, which makes the competition the closest. Most people to choose from to make evenly matched rooms. That is, if it weren't for DR resets and alt accounts coming through. (people that are labeled DR.B but drive like DR.A or A+)

Closer matched in pace also means more chance at contact and bad penalties, hence SR.B is such a difficult place to advance from.

Head spinning yet?

Don't worry too much about SR, D/S is the most demotivating place to be, usually getting matched with rabbits that are impossible to catch leading to getting timed out before the finish. D/S is only good for maintaining SR.99 since the field spreads out so quickly reducing chance of contact.

Last edited:
Hey, a race that I don’t TOTALLY suck at, and that isn’t a massive SR drain... hello Alsace Gr3!

I’m trying the Beetle (from a recommendation somewhere above) and it’s quite fun :)

I’m still starting back up after my 2 resets this month, but I’ve had 2 x P2’s (from 11th and 6th)... now I need to work on my quali time a bit...

EDIT: and a 3rd P2 (from 7th)

Last edited:
A good reason to not go for non-qualifying at Suzuka. Certainly makes last to first a bigger challenge too.

It's impossible, even for an alien I'd say. I just started 20th and I was more than a second a lap faster than a couple of other drivers and it was nearer 3 seconds to some, doesn't matter much when you start 37 seconds (at the line) behind 19th and near a minute behind 1st. :lol:

Didn't even gain any Sr (it was white), as once I caught the cars (on lap 9) one divebombed me and others were going like 125mph through 130R, you know the usual stuff that's hard to avoid and I end up doing slight taps here and there. :indiff:

It seems better in the Americas, at least there the bad drivers tend to properly wipe each other out more often, whereas in the EMEA I seem to come across cars brake checking a lot and of course pushing and other things that just slows them all way down and blocks up the road ahead. You've got to watch out for the slam on the brakes and pit lot too (who knows why they are braking), as if you touch them before they pit, the game sees it as you hitting them off track and you get a big (by GtSport's standards) penalty. :dopey:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Man I am out this week, absolutely useless with these combos.

A) Car is HORRIBLE, no way any real car drives like that, it's a mess, both understeer and tail happy, just a complete pig. Joyless.

B) Need a wheel for this track, my ham-fisted X and square and D-pad method gets found out when there are a lot of long corners with wide arcs. In saying that, track is WAY too long, too samey and generally pretty garbage.

C) As above re control method and TBH Suzuka is just too good for me, zero pace here as always.

I'm out.

Man I am out this week, absolutely useless with these combos.

A) Car is HORRIBLE, no way any real car drives like that, it's a mess, both understeer and tail happy, just a complete pig. Joyless.

B) Need a wheel for this track, my ham-fisted X and square and D-pad method gets found out when there are a lot of long corners with wide arcs. In saying that, track is WAY too long, too samey and generally pretty garbage.

C) As above re control method and TBH Suzuka is just too good for me, zero pace here as always.

I'm out.
A: Manual Trans, shift to 2nd at the tight corners, steering sensitivity all the way up, TCS at 1 unless you're brave.

A: Manual Trans, shift to 2nd at the tight corners, steering sensitivity all the way up, TCS at 1 unless you're brave.

I'd only use 3rd and 4th gear personally and don't bother with 2nd gear at all, period. TCS 0 as always. I'm quite enjoying this combo... PD has spoiled me lately with the MR2 followed by the R32 and now RX7 :cheers:

Also Alsace looks like a great opportunity for some side by side racing in the right lobbies. That track just feels much better with Group 3 compared to Group 4.

I'd only use 3rd and 4th gear personally and don't bother with 2nd gear at all, period. TCS 0 as always. I'm quite enjoying this combo... PD has spoiled me lately with the MR2 followed by the R32 and now RX7 :cheers:

Also Alsace looks like a great opportunity for some side by side racing in the right lobbies. That track just feels much better with Group 3 compared to Group 4.
Most everyone else uses 3rd gear and a wider line around the corner. I drop to 2nd just before and get inside and pass them every time. I'm too slow for TCS off on a race like this, It usually gets turned off after launch.

Most everyone else uses 3rd gear and a wider line around the corner. I drop to 2nd just before and get inside and pass them every time. I'm too slow for TCS off on a race like this, It usually gets turned off after launch.

Which corner, T1? If someone is trailing me I'd take the inside line but with enough space I'd go for the faster more optimal line. I'll be on the main today here in few hours racing A hope to see some of y'all out there!

Finally Tsukuba and road cars is back! I may suck at GTS but this combo I'm actually decent at. 2 of my 5 lifetime wins are here. In rooms with all D drivers like me I'm starting 2nd or 3rd, so I'm getting some top 5s and DR points! Can I get to C before end of the week? Stay tuned, haha. I got an alt account to C the week that Route X was a daily. Now I'm never racing it again!

Last edited:
Which corner, T1? If someone is trailing me I'd take the inside line but with enough space I'd go for the faster more optimal line. I'll be on the main today here in few hours racing A hope to see some of y'all out there!
I see cars mostly going way outside of the racing line on the tight corners, and I don't understand why unless they're using an automatic. I go in inside and come out inside or on the same line they do going wide if there's room. Did I mention the stripy things on the edge of the track? I tried with TCS off, it's ice skating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back