"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't ventured into the longer race c yet. so far stuck with a and b. what is the pitstop procedure?
Once you entered the pit, a window will prompt asking you the next tire set you want. After that, it's the refueling bar. This week, you just hit "no refueling". If you need fuel, you have a little dot suggesting you how much is needed.

Race C this week ask you to put both tires available. You can see this info on the bottom right of the screen during the countdown before race start.

You can practice the procedure outside of a race. Just enter qualifying instead of race entry. Look for the pit entry and then drive through that lane. Follow the prompts as Mc_Yavel described.

At some tracks the pit entry is easy (Suzuka) and at others it is tricky (Autopolis and Mount Panorama). My advice, which I regrettably don't always follow, is to rehearse it and establish a brake point for the entry and brake point for the first corner after as your exit speed may be different compared to a normal lap.

Last edited:
My procedure for pit stops has been this. Start on softs, go into the pit on lap 6, press the wrong button and get a new set of softs (stew and grumble for 20 seconds:banghead:), and then come in next lap and get the "required" mediums I was supposed to get at my first and only planned pit stop......:dunce:

I do take some comfort in knowing I am not alone in doing this at times....:lol:
when I do that its usually followed by an outburst of profanity directed at myself..........LOL

Wow, Everyone already talking about next weeks races, and I've barely raced this week! So far I've only raced A, but its' a good combo for me, and I have dreams of making the top 10. Looks like I'll need a 10.1 to have a chance. Best lap so far is a 10.482 with my optimum a high 10.2. I've had some fun races at least, and with my Q time I'm gaining DR. Only lost 1 spot in one race, due to a slightly dirty dive into the second hairpin, and a push out into the grass that dropped me 2 spots. Made one back in T1 when the guy in front got wide, and I slid through on the inside. Did a 10.402 in one race that I finished 3rd, up 1 spot, and I'm on a 10 CRB streak, which isn't THAT big a deal now. I've sen a few of the top 10 guys in my races. One (runaway) win,a second and a couple 3rds. The P3 finish last night had a pole guy with a 10.2 that never got into the 10's in the race. He must have been on defense all race, as I reeled him and P2 in on the last 2 laps after I got by P3. Missed FL by a couple thousanths with a high 10.4. Most racing I've done in weeks, but I forgot it was FIA night, so I missed that again... I will have to try the other combo's this weekend. Looks like I might have a couple days off for once.

My procedure for pit stops has been this. Start on softs, go into the pit on lap 6, press the wrong button and get a new set of softs (stew and grumble for 20 seconds:banghead:), and then come in next lap and get the "required" mediums I was supposed to get at my first and only planned pit stop......:dunce:

I do take some comfort in knowing I am not alone in doing this at times....:lol:
Why can't they just have user programmable default choices? Or your pit crew warns you?

Somewhere in Kazunori Yamauchi's racing career the pit crew stop listening to him or something because he sure thinks they're dumb and out to get you. :lol:

It doesnt help that the currently fitted compound is the one that flashes.

Race B:

Nürburgring GP | Gr.4 | M Tires |4 laps.

Race C:

Suzuka Circuit | Gr.3 | M Tires | 10 laps.
Looks like I'll be doing Races A and B this week. The combination of car/track/tyre wear/controller for race C would not end well in my hands.

I see the Daily races are posted for next weeks races.At first I was pretty fired up .But then I realized all three tracks have tight hairpins ,perfect for slidejobs/divebombing . With the penalty system as it is now ,it's going to be interesting to say the least .PICK YOUR POISON :nervous:

Last edited:

I typically only start on softs when I'm going in cold, and have no idea how long the softs will last, or how bad they go off. Once I know, I like to start on Mediums, and then gauge when to stop baced on laps remaining, and traffic. Aka, if I'm pulling away on the mediums, and the gap is getting bigger, I may stay out an extra lap to get the bigger cap and not loose so many places. Or I might pit earlier if I'm with a group and they all pit. Also, that tire mistake is harder to make starting on softs since you have to move over to mediums. (I think..)

Edit: I gotta say that race A this week is a perfect example of the old saying " you gotta go slow to go fast". Every race I've been in where I started getting pressured from behind, and I slowed down and "got conservative" I ended up with much faster laptimes.

Last edited:
I see the Daily races are posted for next weeks races.At first I was pretty fired up .But then I realized all three tracks have tight hairpins ,perfect for slidejobs/divebombing . With the penalty system as it is now ,it's going to be interesting to say the least .PICK YOUR POISON :nervous:
The good news is that I know I can start at the back of race A at Autopolis, and gain an easy 4 or 5 spots just from the people who will get knocked off the track. 👍

The good news is that I know I can start at the back of race A at Autopolis, and gain an easy 4 or 5 spots just from the people who will get knocked off the track. 👍
I really like Autopolis... it's a good track to take advantage of people overdriving.

I have really enjoyed Race C at Miyabi this week in the Supras, too. Save for a disconnect that cost me 1000 DR, it's paid handsomely in the 30-35k DR range, and been mostly possible to avoid the dirty stuff, at least if you see it coming.

Race A - P1 has a 3 second lead, does the handbrake turn across the finish line - pity he still had a lap to go :lol:

In another race, there was a fellow Brit who was extremely dirty yesterday - ruined 3 of my races, and pretty much everyone elses. Well today he was the same, with several folk challenging him in chat. He took out several cars again, then I managed to run him off - and I still got a clean race! Thankfully he never returned.

I reported him after every race yesterday, and then couldn't find him on Kudos Prime this morning (he was there yesterday). But he's back on there today - with an SR of A - quite an achievement nowadays! If enough people report someone, does that have any effect?? It just seemed odd that he couldn't be found this morning.

Such a lack of imagination. It's pitiful. :irked:

Indeed, same hold same hold.
But there are many cool cars in N300, I just hope they pick something new but I don't put too many hopes on PD. Probably the Fugu Z

I really like Autopolis... it's a good track to take advantage of people overdriving.

I have really enjoyed Race C at Miyabi this week in the Supras, too. Save for a disconnect that cost me 1000 DR, it's paid handsomely in the 30-35k DR range, and been mostly possible to avoid the dirty stuff, at least if you see it coming.

I was DR 29 000 monday morning and now DR 38 000. At the end of the week, i'll check the total milleage I did in the week since the car was brand new.

Would be nice to bring back multiple car choices for Race A. Short layout is going to be interesting.

Race B is the same. Loved it way back in August 2018
5764679073433421328_0.jpg
5909361611724816920_0.jpg
5765250819544875032_0.jpg
5909370399159780376_0.jpg
5765242016407519768_0.jpg

1 Race C today. Did well. Then failed taking a screenshot. :lol:

View attachment 999971

Better do all the liveries just to be safe. 👍:sly:
Nice racing with you! Just couldn’t catch you for that podium from 6th starting position!

Funny thing is... I shaved nearly a whole second off my time, only to start further back the rest of the night due to matching circumstances. Sometimes you can’t win!

upload_2021-3-25_22-44-6.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back