"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny. I do well at RBR, I hate NGP, and I've always sucked at Bathurst, though I am getting better. Raced one race there in FIA, and was up to 6th before pit stops, from 12th on the grid. Then I got pushed off at the end of Conrod, hit the grass, then sand, and ended up in 14th battling with a guy who punted me again when I didn't let him pass at the chase. He tried outside, I gave him room, side by side into the right, and he drove me off into the grass for a P16 finish. BUT, I was moving up and holding my own at the start, so there is hope!

RBR is very similar to NGP, surprised you struggle. 3 big stops, right handers all of them, ok 1st corner a bit odd as it is so fast but really quite similar. Just one little fake S curve etc.

It's pretty clear where my strengths lye, I serious struggle at Autoplois, Fuji, Suzuka etc. Of the tracks i am Ok on, LM by far the weakest.

Urgggggh 3 and 4. As someone else said, tricky thing there is keeping your minimum speed up. As I said above i ran a 2.03.9 then on next lap was 4 tenths up after sector 1, NFI what I did differently :crazy:

There is something magic about when to let go of turn 3 and head to turn 4 all the while lifting at the right point to avoid running too wide. I think you need to be patient and wait until a little after you are pointing at the turn 4 apex. Get to full throttle and then light quick lift.

I am hard pressed to get a 38.0 in sector 1 though I did manage a 37.9 but could not convert it for a fast lap. On that lap I was tracking one of the fast lapper ghosts and was able to replicate the turn 4 rocket exit. It is hard.

Last edited:
There is something magic about when to let go of turn 3 and head to turn 4 all the while lifting at the right point to avoid running too wide. I think you need to be patient and wait until a little after you are pointing at the turn 4 apex. Get to full throttle and then light quick lift.

I am hard pressed to get a 38.0 in sector 1 though I did manage a 37.9 but could not convert it for a fast lap. On that lap I was tracking one of the fast lapper ghosts and was able to replicate the turn 4 rocket exit. It is hard.
And you sorta feel it too, i mean not sure how to do it but when it happens you know it, you can feel you are fast.

At NGP, qualified the amustang with A 2:03.6. started in pole with a WRX behind(qualified 2:03.7) and an EVO in P3. It couldn't catch me. Doesn't have the top end.
Set my initial FL 2:08. Next lap 2:04. Final lap, 2:03.411. Went faster than I did in FP. Beat the WRX by 3 seconds.

I've passed WRXs ahead of me, but not EVOs. Those seem to be much faster.

A good & fair WRX player, that I always see, set a 2:02.9. He found time somewhere, because, he set a 2:03.9 early in the week. Was two spots behind me in a few races. Kept getting pummeled by knuckleheads mid-pack. Won from Pole, having a Scirocco (P2) giving chase.

Watched that video again and the Scirocco could catch, but not pass in the braking-corner-acdeleration.

Not races all week until this evening at NGP Gr.4 and man was it dirty, I'm a very reasonable person when it comes to letting people off with stuff but I have to admit when you catch a guy who punted you off and as you are catching him he is punting everyone else around him off too there only going to be one way i will deal with him. He attempted to put me off a few times when I tried to pass so I waited until the last corner and let him try again knowing full well he would be eating gravel. I really don't like racing like this so I'm off to spend time in single-make lobbies with some real racers who I have had great fun with even though I'm finishing near the back all the time. I think will give daily races a miss for a while as I don't race to overtake by force.

Not races all week until this evening at NGP Gr.4 and man was it dirty, I'm a very reasonable person when it comes to letting people off with stuff but I have to admit when you catch a guy who punted you off and as you are catching him he is punting everyone else around him off too there only going to be one way i will deal with him. He attempted to put me off a few times when I tried to pass so I waited until the last corner and let him try again knowing full well he would be eating gravel. I really don't like racing like this so I'm off to spend time in single-make lobbies with some real racers who I have had great fun with even though I'm finishing near the back all the time. I think will give daily races a miss for a while as I don't race to overtake by force.

Unfortunately, I am not racing much recently, and I cannot detect the bashers during the course of the race. Only upon replay can I see the repetitive behavior - the post chat is a giveaway.

At Gr 4/NGP I got rear-ended hard going into T1 from someone 0.5 s back. Normally I expect a dive but this was a full on hit. Upon replay the guy did the same thing to another racer. No history in either case. This is how he gains spots as there is no penalty. He literally aims for the bumper and delays braking. In my race he eventually spun himself out.

In the other I started Q6 and the whole field opened up at T1 and I was contending for P2 by T2. Upon review, Q4 was a jerk and took out the field, went off, came back, and double connected pushing me off at T2. I think he was aiming for P3 based on post chat and I was just collateral damage. I was P11 by the end of the lap.

Just not much fun.

And I am not racing because of work commitments. I wanted to spend some time as this is my first time at NGP. I am a little familiar as I hit during the Nordschleife N24 variant.

Last edited:
Discovered a new twist to dailies that is my now favorite way to play.
Racing at NGP a guy that was just full on dirty (A S class racing) I passed him when he took a guy out in hairpin & went wide, he punted me at chicane.
He was in next race so I called him out with a warning to everyone he was dirty & to beware, he started 4th & I started 12th he slowed down so I caught up to him in corner 3 he tried to take me out.
I ended up spinning him & finished in front of him.

This has gone on all week I've raced him several times a day & I call him out every race & he waits to try to crash me, He is one of those fast but dirty guys & I guess calling him out really made him mad but even though I've finished next to last in every race with him he's finished last, he'll be gone for a bit after losing SR but I've had over 15 races with him this week so far & it's been the most fun I've had in months!

From now on if someone is dirty I'll call them out in pre race, makes it a lot more fun making dirty drivers angry!

Race B:
The FFs are so slow.
The Mustang is quite quick.
The Lancer is deceptively fast from T4-T6.
WRX not so much.
Scirocco users divebomb.
RCZ users block.
86 users are so cute.

That's my summary for this week.

If PD hadn't given the 86 an extra few concrete blocks in the trunk, I'd show you cute. :sly:

Oh, how my thinking has changed! I was totally against alts as it allows you to mitigate the ups and downs in the game thereby losing the full experience. Then I got my alt for Asia so that I could experiment more broadly. That does not help me for the Americas where now I think I need a police car with a push bar. Aarg!

I would have posted the Charger pace car dressed in PD paint, but it's not Gr. 3 or 4 classified. So, paint a Viper like a cop car. :P

197471-video-games-cars-police-dodge-viper-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-srt10-pc-games.jpg

And they directly try to push me off to the left after the chicane. I undercut and they try to put me in the pit wall.

I'm calling that move at the last turn the Curb Kick. Appropriate coming from a Mustang. :lol:

The Peugeot, every time I use it at Suzuka, I spin at Turn 1. I don't know what it is, it it really likes that AstroTurf on the outside. I'm even surprised how close to the podium i was near the end as well.

Last edited:
So, here's the new penalty system, in 2 brief video clips.
PD will let you punt people out of the way to take the lead. That's fine, but if you're punting people who qualified ahead of you, there's a good chance they'll be able to catch up.

In this clip, you'll see an enterprising person doing what they gotta do to get to the front. Remember the 2 drivers who get hit out of the way.

Not very long after........
You'll know what's gonna happen in this clip within the first 2 seconds. :)
But, that only sets up the 2nd punted driver to take out the trash, as well. :mischievous:

So, is it worth it? I don't think so, but maybe it's worth taking the chance if you desperately want to win, but aren't fast enough to do it legitimately.

The only problem with the penalty system is that those type of drivers can keep coming back over, and over again, instead of getting knocked down to the lower SR ranks.

Last edited:
PD will let you punt people out of the way to take the lead. That's fine, but if you're punting people who qualified ahead of you, there's a good chance they'll be able to catch up.

In this clip, you'll see an enterprising person doing what they gotta do to get to the front. Remember the 2 drivers who get hit out of the way.

But, that only sets up the 2nd punted driver to take out the trash, as well. :mischievous:

So, is it worth it? I don't think so, but maybe it's worth taking the chance if you desperately want to win, but aren't fast enough to do it legitimately.

The only problem with the penalty system is that those type of drivers can keep coming back over, and over again, instead of getting knocked down to the lower SR ranks.

This all day!

A TT ran me wide twice in two different races. I qualified ahead of that player and both races I set fastest laps and was catching the rest of the race.
Told him they are going off in the next race. Surprised they weren't in the next one. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I got CRB, even after a Citroen and an RCZ ran me off the road, proceeded to keep hitting me and I finally had enough and punted them both off at separate times.
No penalties for any of us. Only way to get a penalty at NGP, is to cut the final chicane. Everywhere else is the TerrorDome.

Going to change my pre and post race messages to: "Two men enter. One man leave".

Last edited:

That was sweet especially as the original Q1 was able to dish out the final punishment.

I think the perpetrators keep doing because they can. As I stated earlier, in many cases I do not know who hit me during the actual race.

Last edited:

That guy is a total pig. He ruined at least half a dozen races for me this week. My last trace with him tonight, I snapped. Drove him so far into Narnia that Aslan himself couldn't find him with a map and a compass.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ll share ya one where I overtook, two corners later I was punted, then caught and revenge punted him in the final turn for a 5.5 second pen. Look for it lol.
I think that everyone in game right now could use a little break from the aggression. I’m gonna pipe this track in next entry to see if it maybe has a calming effect...

That guy is a total pig. He ruined at least half a dozen races for me this week. My last trace with him tonight, I snapped. Drove him so far into Narnia that Aslan himself couldn't find him with a map and a compass.
Yeah, it was definitely no accident. It was the second time he did it to me, and the pole-sitter said it was the third time he got punted by him.
He lined up right behind me in the next 5 races. Every time, I made sure to accelerate slowly enough that he wouldn't be behind me at the first turn.
He never figured out how to handle it, and always ended up mowing the lawn. :lol:
He started taunting me with pre-race messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
After an encouraging night yesterday, I am at the point of shelving this game under the current penalty system. Here are my 4 races ronight;

1) seemingly every driver dirty, complete fiasco. Barged back from 5th to last.

2) matched in a brutal room, not bad racing wise

3) fighting for 1st but 3rd RELENTLESSLY hitting me. Every damn corner he would dive in and try the push pass. Absolutely ridiculous. Eventually I retaliated and ran myself off too, down to 13th

4) tough room, settles into a battle for 7th. Guy passes me, a little rubbing but I give him benefit of doubt. I get alongside through turn 2, pushes me wide, I thought, sometimes that happens on outside as a driver turns hard the other way. I get another run up the outside of final turn, we are neck and neck entering the main straight and he runs me off clearly on purpose.

I'm seriously over it. Does anyone here want to race weeknights 9pm ton11pm EST? We need to start a league because this is utter BS.

Had my best string of performances in this game tonight in Race A. After a win from 3rd and a 3rd place in a very close race, I managed to take my Q time from a 1:19.468 to a 19.400. Doesn't sound like much, but it got me pole, while 4th had a 19.462. Then I pulled off my first flag-to-flag + FL race :).

It’s a thinking persons track, definitely. Smart drivers do well here.
There's my issue! :dunce:

That Anitta guy is a total pig. He ruined at least half a dozen races for me this week. My last trace with him tonight, I snapped. Drove him so far into Narnia that Aslan himself couldn't find him with a map and a compass.
Aslan is a character who would go and find him, but might take the scenic route to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back