"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling is mutual
As a matter of fact just did the 5:30 race finished 4th behind 2 Gt40 (so other people do drive them and they are fast when together) me and another F1 could not catch them and we worked well together all race no issues. Maybe learn some humility as said before I have my moments and can be very salty at times but no one is perfect except for you I guess. I am sure our paths will cross again and hopefully we can find a way to co exist
this time its on you man, and no I’m not perfect, neither are you so you didn’t have to come here playing the victim , we can always co-exist , but i hope you treat every player the same , knowing them or not :cheers:

Last edited:
this time its on you man, and no I’m not perfect, neither are you so you didn’t have to come here playing the victim , we can always co-exist , but i hope you treat every player the same , knowing them or not :cheers:
By no means am I playing the victim but I do treat everyone fairly until given a reason not to sounds kinda like you want to be the victim by all the postings you came In With an agenda and carried it out when nobody knew who I was referring not a very admirable trait.Have the video?? I got this when all along you knew it was you would have had more respect for you if you just came in and right off the bat said that was me and started stating your case

Last edited:
By no means am I playing the victim but I do treat everyone fairly until given a reason not to sounds kinda like you want to be the victim by all the postings you came In With an agenda and carried it out when nobody knew who I was referring not a very admirable trait.Have the video?? I got this when all along you knew it was you would have had more respect for you if you just came in and right off the bat said that was me and started stating your case

I came with videos to make this as short as possible., so move on man, it’s over now

Last edited:
I did two races yesterday, nothing to report in terms of anything noteworthy. Then, the two races I did this evening were bad, then good. Started 9th, then the problems start after turn 1. Driver in front goes wide and gets sent directly into my driving line. I get sideways and hit the wall to a near dead stop and drop to 17th. Then, going into the final hairpin on the opening lap, everyone bunches up in the entry/apexes and I collect a 3 second penalty due to people pin-balling and spinning in front of me which sends me into a driver on the exit. I should have backed off, but I would have been caught up in it anyway. Lap 2 I miss my breaking point and accidentally punt the person in front of me going into turn one for another 2 seconds added on. Then another second when the driver in front of me slows way down before that quick right-hander going up the ramp. In the end I get 6 seconds of penalties total. Race essentially over at that point. I climb my way back to 13th in the end.

Second race I start 3rd. Clean racing until lap 4 when the person in front of me me goes wide, in surprise, turn 1. They bounce off the wall and hit me, I save the car from spinning out. I take a tight line through turn 2 as not to lose speed and the driver behind me takes a normal line. Well, they bump me in the rear and get a 1 second penalty. I thought I had the room behind me to take the line I was on. Fast forward when to when I make my pit stop, using my turn signal to indicate I’m pitting. Either I never turn it off, or it turns itself off in the pits and I turn it back on by accident once I hit the pit box thinking I’m turning it off. So, the final 6 laps of the race I got my turn signal on and i have no idea. Going back to the person who bumped me earlier, 2 laps later they exit the pits well ahead of me and I catch up to them. I shoot to the right, without realizing my left turn signal is on. They expect me to go left, and they also move to the right, and we side swipe each other, but keep going and they get another 2 second penalty. I thought it was was retaliation for lap 4, but it was due to me having a turn signal on. They get back in front of me eventually and I’m fearing more “retaliation” for earlier, so I back off the rest of the race resulting in a 4th place finish. So, in a way I gave them a free spot for my mistake. It was also the person in the first race who turned me sideways. Not a dirty driver my any means, we just so happened to be bad luck magnets for each other.

Overall I’m having a blast this week and will probably go again tomorrow at some point if I have some time and see if I can’t get more DR gains. Or just be happy with what I got and be done for the week.

I haven’t had much time to race this week so I’ve only done a very limited number of As and Cs.

Race A is a very enjoyable combo. I’m not very good at Barcelona but the Clio is a blast to drive and because it’s a bit of a handful most players aren’t even considering driving dirty.

Race C is a fantastic car/track combination BUT it’s a frustrating track to race on. Too many idiots don’t understand that single file is much faster through the esses and that desperate moves there get nullified by slipstream in the main straight anyway.

I’ve driven the F1, Peugeot, GT and Vantage. If you get stuck behind the McLaren out of turn 2 then you lose all your advantage in the handling cars. But if you can get in front there is serious time to be gained. On the flip side, if you get 2 F1’s working together on the straight almost no gap is big enough.

I find the Pug and the GT the easiest to drive, but I cannot make either of them work for me in-race as well as the F1.

I tried to learn c race yesterday evening. I only remembered exactly how bad I am on anything Tokyo.
I can’t remember the corners and even after I do I’m so slow it’s abysmal.
Re the conflict above...
I think hey once in a while a guys been had and when that happens it’s best to relent and give up the position or apologize if you drove like a jerk.
It’s no big deal. It’s no big to get passed sometimes. It happens.
When we compete there may be conflicts. Probably will.
These are just situations that happened in the past. They are probably not indications of the real character of the man behind the moves.
Many emotions can happen when racing. All we can do is our best.
Just as it’s best to admit mistakes it can also be best to forgive.
It’s tough and I stink at both but it’s true!
Live and let live, just know if you break the trust of another player it’s hard to get it back

Last edited:
I learned early in Sport Mode that often what I think I see from the driver’s seat in a race is very different to what I see in a replay from the other driver’s perspective. I’ve gotten much less likely to assume a move (or driver) is dirty. I only ever suggest someone has been dirty if I know it unequivocally or have seen corroborating evidence. I also recognize that others sometimes think I’m dirty when I’ve made a genuine mistake. Sometimes these mistakes do look like dirty moves because I’ve braked too late or lost traction in a turn, but I very rarely purposely contact another car.

Sometimes it pays to admit that your actions may have had unintended consequences for others and their response might be reasonable.

Don't know if the person did this on purpose for the irony's sake or just a fun disconnection coincidence
afqk1Nk.jpg

Yesterday and today i came across this guy a few times and told him 3 or 4 times to not do it! Don't!
At t1 he hits p2 and sends him to me, i was expecting and avoid, later he dives inside as i was expecting and closed the door but he barged as usual.
I gave him what he deserved!
Got the win with this enjoyable moment.

Same idiot... Missiles on me. Later on others... Knocks himself out.
Another win for me!

Last edited:
Don't know if the person did this on purpose for the irony's sake or just a fun disconnection coincidence
afqk1Nk.jpg
Sometimes I quit before the race, like he does, because I read the same damn names of the crashers I encountered the race before (their start position being close to mine). 99,9% of the time it's someone in the RCZ. They always go full kamikaze taking the inside of 1st corner pushing you and not getting a single penalty. This is not "rubbing", this is straight out being dirty.

Sometimes I quit before the race, like he does, because I read the same damn names of the crashers I encountered the race before (their start position being close to mine). 99,9% of the time it's someone in the RCZ. They always go full kamikaze taking the inside of 1st corner pushing you and not getting a single penalty. This is not "rubbing", this is straight out being dirty.

Me with the RCZ in the picture:
300px-%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8C%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BD.jpg

But yeah, that makes sense. Although sometimes being even 5 positions from a dirty driver is not a guarantee of safety. He'll push and punt the way up to you or drop after an unsuccessful divebomb if you were below him on the starting grid :boggled: really hope they'll fix the penalties soon.

Re the conflict above...
I think hey once in a while a guys been had and when that happens it’s best to relent and give up the position or apologize if you drove like a jerk.
This got me to wondering why nobody has posted videos of the questionable/stupid things I've done on the track. :confused:
After a couple minutes, I realized it's probably because I already post the videos of my worst moments.
I'm not sensitive about it.
Like you, I'll readily admit that I'm very often guilty of mistakes/poor judgement. :lol:

Last edited:
This got me to wondering why nobody has posted videos of the questionable/stupid things I've done on the track. :confused:
After a couple minutes, I realized it's probably because I already post the videos of my worst moments.
I'm not sensitive about it.
Like you, I'll readily admit that I'm very often guilty of mistakes/poor judgement. :lol:
I can second that sentiment. I even sometimes get pissed at someone for being dirty and then the replay proved me wrong. Those times I am ashamed.

I learned early in Sport Mode that often what I think I see from the driver’s seat in a race is very different to what I see in a replay from the other driver’s perspective. I’ve gotten much less likely to assume a move (or driver) is dirty. I only ever suggest someone has been dirty if I know it unequivocally or have seen corroborating evidence. I also recognize that others sometimes think I’m dirty when I’ve made a genuine mistake. Sometimes these mistakes do look like dirty moves because I’ve braked too late or lost traction in a turn, but I very rarely purposely contact another car.

Sometimes it pays to admit that your actions may have had unintended consequences for others and their response might be reasonable.

Great insight. The problem is further compounded by PD game effects. When I first experienced door banging I thought, "why the f is he doing that to me?" Looking at the replay there was simply mutual travel between racers sharing a narrow piece of road. I expect it applies to passes, mistakes, dives and corner overshoots. It is really hard to determine intent in the heat of the moment.

I have learned the difference between incidental side contact and the more deliberate form but it is not easy for the uninitiated.

Great insight. The problem is further compounded by PD game effects. When I first experienced door banging I thought, "why the f is he doing that to me?" Looking at the replay there was simply mutual travel between racers sharing a narrow piece of road. I expect it applies to passes, mistakes, dives and corner overshoots. It is really hard to determine intent in the heat of the moment.

I have learned the difference between incidental side contact and the more deliberate form but it is not easy for the uninitiated.
Sometimes it's obvious...
Door_Banging.gif

Did one Rac B and on Race C in the GT-Rs. Starting each race one spot ahead of last place. Driving 7-8/10ths so I can watch a nice replay after the he race.

All I have to do is wait and cars ahead soon find they are behind me. The desperation is just not worth it. Players bumping and fighting for 12th, 13th, 15th. Players that started in top 5, getting bumped down to the bottom and not necessarily driving in anger, but thinking they'll get back up the front in two laps.

The stats are worth nothing, this far into the game's life. Just in two races, the less on edge, the personal mayhem. Two clean races with nothing done against me. Two clean races by backing way off and watching scraps ahead. Crazy stuff to observe.

3 brits teamed up and harrassed me yesterday. They were disgustingly dirty but called me dirty pre-post race messages, manipulating other players, lying and accusing me for their bad behaviors against others.
It was really really depressing.

Last edited:
Started a new account last week just for fun. At first I wasn't too sure what the objective was going to be, but I decided that I would never qualify for any race on this new account and see how many wins I can get and how high I can get the DR starting from the back of the pack.

It's been fun so far, only 22 races in, but let me tell ya.....there are some insanely desperate and dirty drivers out there. I know they are everywhere in all ranks, but WOW. I have now seen some stuff.

Honestly the dirtiest moves I've seen have been from the people who are starting near the front of these races. I typically have no problem racing up through the pack. Of course there is the occasional dirty guy mid-pack but usually they are just struggling with car control and not intentionally doing anything wrong, and once you get alongside or in front of them they concede the position (some exceptions aside). But when I catch the leaders, typically the top 2 or 3 who have pulled away from the chaos...things tend to get ugly. It's amazing that you can catch somebody by 2s in less than a lap and they will still try to wreck you just for attempting to get by them.

Needless to say, I've gotten pretty good at defending against punts and pit maneuvers. A couple of the guys I've encountered in Race C were skilled at drawing the penalty. Slowing down in just the right places and positioning their cars in just the right way to put me into the wall and give me the penalty. Most of them failed miserably after I caught on to their games, but I did get bested a time or two....not outpaced, just successfully taken out and robbed of the win.

So far so good though. I was initially on a pretty good run, winning my first 13 races. On my 14th race, I actually won it, but my internet went out while the rest of the drivers were finishing their final lap. So I didn't get the credit. After that, the streak of luck was broken and as my DR got higher I started encountering more of the dirty drivers who definitely did not want to give up their positions. These guys were willing to do ANYTHING to keep their spots. Some of their attempts made for some hilarious clips that I'll have to put together when I have some time.

Right now my new account stands at 22.4k DR and 99 SR. 22 races with 16 wins all from the back. All the non-wins were P2 except for one, which was a P3. I think I would have had wins in all of them if it weren't for people intentionally taking me out, but I guess that's expected.

Cheers everyone, I'll try not to yeet you if I see you out there...as long as you don't yeet me first.

Last edited:
I don’t know why my DR is such that I keep getting a low door number, insofar it’s incredibly unlikely for me to get that position, let alone score better than it. I’m currently in the top 300 for the Americas for Race A, so I don’t really get why I’m not qualifying higher despite now only having a little over 30k DR. At this rate, I’ll drop out of DR A, but perhaps I shouldn’t worry too much about DR...

EDIT: My qualifying time for Race A at the moment is 2:12.774, for what it’s worth. I’m also using 0 TCS and -3 BB.

Last edited:
I don’t know why my DR is such that I keep getting a low door number, insofar it’s incredibly unlikely for me to get that position, let alone score better than it. I’m currently in the top 300 for the Americas for Race A, so I don’t really get why I’m not qualifying higher despite now only having a little over 30k DR. At this rate, I’ll drop out of DR A, but perhaps I shouldn’t worry too much about DR...

Race A typically has low participation, especially amongst higher rated drivers. Not only do less drivers exist in the A and A+ range, but a lower percentage of them decide to risk Race A because of the high chance that they can lose DR. With only 12 drivers in each race, and many of them being B or C-ranked, and the race often being a grid start...the risk is high to get punted or just simply outpaced by a lower ranked driver who is a beast when it comes to hot-lapping road cars.

I think if you want to do Race A, you either need to have great pace that keeps you on pole and in front (easier said than done), or you have to not really care much about your DR.

Last edited:
Right now my new account stands at 22.4k DR and 99 SR. 22 races with 16 wins all from the back. All the non-wins were P2 except for one, which was a P3. I think I would have had wins in all of them if it weren't for people intentionally taking me out, but I guess that's expected.
And here I am barely making DR or wins. Time to hang up the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back