"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Last night was epic on the Nordschleife, one fast clean race after the other. Best racing all week. There were still a couple trouble makers but very few, the vast majority was there to have a clean finish of the week.

I also managed to pull off my best overtake of the week. I couldn't shake off my pursuer for half a lap and it didn't look like I was going to get away from him until opportunity arose. We were gaining on two cars at the perfect time, the corner where the Lexus can pull off its most successful overtake on the Nord, the corner onto the middle straight.

In many cases I could already get alongside earlier but the ones above are still close enough. Any overlap before the braking zone was plenty to out brake other cars while hugging the inside. It was so successful as people didn't expect an overtake there or expected me to overshoot and undercut. I think most simply thought I'll pass again on the straight, however the Lexus also has great acceleration and just enough top speed to stay ahead.

Racing with the same people does generate mutual respect and clean racing in the long run. Mostly by a 'tit for tat' system, a couple skirmishes later and all is clean and friendly again. However a penalty system is still preferred as some people either don't care and keep trying, and you risk meeting someone like this:
XIgWx9A.jpg
Empty threats, haven't seen him since but also haven't been to the lower SR ranges since then. The irony, I still had an old conversation on the ps4 from over a year ago where he was complaining about dirty driving, the exact same kind he was doing now. Some people get better, some go the other way :/ (If anyone remembers CTU, my previous dirtiest driver nominee, he's clean now!)

I did a lot of races last week and passed the 1000 victories, to go on to 1010 :)
9rViKd4.jpg
Total races run on the Nordschleife: 2059
Total victories on the Nordschleife: 333 (not all from the back also 116 pole positions)
1533 top 5 finishes with average starting place 9.16, average finish 4.23

Add another 1174 N24 races (with 121 victories) I have now completed 4,752 laps around the ring in sport mode.
And I still can't get enough of the track!

Best track ever!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooof, Spa did not start well in the Ferrari, kept spinning a soon as the rear end slide, no way to catch it back. Leader was in the chicane as I started the last lap. 🙄

Switch to Porsche with much better result. Lap time is around 2.49 and crossing the line 4th and 5th staring from the bottom half. Lots of no qualifier.

A week late, sure. But I think this is THE WEEK I finally learn Nurburgring!!! :lol:

This week's daily's BLOW

I got to where I could hot lap about in the 7:13ish range, but there's still a lot more speed to find. I think I'll finish learning the ring' and start my critically acclaimed and highly anticipated personal farewell tour of Gran Turismo Sport. Drive all my favorite cars on all my favorite courses. Hell, I might even learn group 1 cars!!

Last edited:
Well tried Spa even though I hate it and it went even worse than I thought it would. Maybe with pens I could try and get better, but as is no one cares what they do and very few can control their car so it's just a mess. Might be worth trying by the end of the week, but by then I'll just look like a noob. Other 2 aren't much better, so yet another week to miss, getting less and less likely I'll be getting GT7

Yea, the daily races have been horrible to me for the past month. I haven't won any the past month because I suck on these tracks. I have got second several times and I've got 3rd & 4th many times but I just can't get the win. C'mon Polyphony!!

What a joke in Race B. Rammed every corner. Went from pole to 5th. One of these days I’m going to get a monitor and wheel and get ACC. GT7 better have a penalty system.

Race C has been surprisingly clean in A/A+ lobbies. Nobody seems to want to risk contact - it's sketchy as is.

Hi, I'm new, glad to see everyone hates this week's daily races and it's not just me.
I came here via Google looking for tips on this week's Race C and can't believe the guy on TC 0 😃
TC 1 for standing starts, and switch it off after the first corner.
Use MR cars in the wet for more grip/weight over the rear tyres.
And don't use TC in GT Sport - you won't learn proper throttle modulation ever, you won't be in full control, and you won't be able to reach top lobbies if that's the goal (even TC 1 is too inhibiting).

Keep having fun and you'll get faster!

Last edited:
First race in weeks. Did B in a wrx just for fun. 10 laps of qualifying and landed me pole with a high 47. WTF all cars was doing donuts for a minute until it did a instant start. I hit the barrier, not paying attention, got a penalty and posi 2 pulled 5 secs ahead. I ended up in traffic for half a lap and got within 2 secs of the leader for a 2nd podium.

Wow, Race C is mentally draining. After 3 races, I don't have the will to do more. It's more demanding than racing bumper to bumper in cockpit view on the Nord.

Not sure I will race lots of that combo.
Good too see you this morning! I feel ya bro, after about 3 in a row I need a break.
It’s a fun combo trying to find the edge all the time.

Race C could have been such a good combo if it was in the dry. Race B could have been such a good combo if they had used a different layout for the track. PD, what are you doing??

Last night was epic on the Nordschleife, one fast clean race after the other. Best racing all week. There were still a couple trouble makers but very few, the vast majority was there to have a clean finish of the week.

I also managed to pull off my best overtake of the week. I couldn't shake off my pursuer for half a lap and it didn't look like I was going to get away from him until opportunity arose. We were gaining on two cars at the perfect time, the corner where the Lexus can pull off its most successful overtake on the Nord, the corner onto the middle straight.

In many cases I could already get alongside earlier but the ones above are still close enough. Any overlap before the braking zone was plenty to out brake other cars while hugging the inside. It was so successful as people didn't expect an overtake there or expected me to overshoot and undercut. I think most simply thought I'll pass again on the straight, however the Lexus also has great acceleration and just enough top speed to stay ahead.

Racing with the same people does generate mutual respect and clean racing in the long run. Mostly by a 'tit for tat' system, a couple skirmishes later and all is clean and friendly again. However a penalty system is still preferred as some people either don't care and keep trying, and you risk meeting someone like this:
XIgWx9A.jpg
Empty threats, haven't seen him since but also haven't been to the lower SR ranges since then. The irony, I still had an old conversation on the ps4 from over a year ago where he was complaining about dirty driving, the exact same kind he was doing now. Some people get better, some go the other way :/ (If anyone remembers CTU, my previous dirtiest driver nominee, he's clean now!)

I did a lot of races last week and passed the 1000 victories, to go on to 1010 :)
9rViKd4.jpg
Total races run on the Nordschleife: 2059
Total victories on the Nordschleife: 333 (not all from the back also 116 pole positions)
1533 top 5 finishes with average starting place 9.16, average finish 4.23

Add another 1174 N24 races (with 121 victories) I have now completed 4,752 laps around the ring in sport mode.
And I still can't get enough of the track!

Best track ever!!!

Nice @Sven Jurgens!
I finally decided to start playing again after over a year's hiatus. Definitely like riding a bike. I managed to pick up a few things wins at Dragon Trail yesterday and the day before and won in the B race today as well. I'm way behind you at only 31 wins.

Seems like PD stole some of my site ideas or maybe they had planned on doing that from the beginning. It will be interesting to see what, if any, data is available in a semi public interface for GT7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, daily races are horrible this week, they destroyed a wonderful event in SPA with rain, cars completely undriveable and usual idiots who throw you off the track easily with the wet road. The only good new is that February 2th a new championship on line is going to start.

I would like to know who is the genius responsible for creating the weekly races. The two circuits A and B are the worst in the game. The beautiful SPA event is ruined by the choice of rain which makes it boring and impossible to play. I run two times, and both a couple of idiots had fun throwing people off the track, very easy in that road conditions.
Worst in the game? Tsukuba is a great little circuit, one of my all time favourites. I think like most weeks, the races themselves are not the problem, it's the idiots in them

This my second wet race experience and yeah it confirms my feeling that the modeling is all wrong. Its a really weird grip model, it shouldn't be that hard to get on the gas in the wet.

Spa was tougher than I thought, managed a 2.50 flat but in race I feel like there is absolutely no grip anywhere and struggle to hit a 2.55. I tried the 911 and nsx first. 911, as usual, the tc is just so intrusive and it bigs down an engine that has to be revved hard. Thr nsx felt better for sure but I couldn't beat the 51.5 the 911 did.

So I tried the amg merc, figuring its usually well planted and the tc is, to me, the best of any car in the game. Sure as sunshine, a 2.50 flat. You guys should try it.

I may skip this week though, something in the races feels off.

Tried Race A several times and inevitably got rammed into last place every time. Barge passer's festival! Finally rage quit. That combined with all the losses pushed me back down to DR C. Did get back to SR S, though. I did manage two 3rd places in Race B with the Megane. Thought the racing there was mostly pretty clean. Had a nice duel with a guy with me in P2 and him P3. Stayed that way for several laps until I made a late shift on the last corner and he got by me. We exchanged "well dones". Tried a qual lap in Race C and couldn't even finish half a lap! That's going to require a lot of practice if I even try it at all. Think I'll stay away from Race A the rest of the week.

Back