"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Tried Spa again and I think I know what is bothering me. It's rewarding really tight lines, so basically almost regular dry racing lines but uber tight. As soon as you go wide you bleed time like crazy. This is a bit counter to a real rain race where one can take the "karting" line and go high and wide to prioritise exit. But try that in a wet race in GTS and your pace is absolutely hopeless.

Last edited:
@sturk0167 I usually have the power to make people go off just by gaining on them from the distance :lol: That shrinking time gap is a great distraction! Was it you that got the triple 5 sec penalty for a wall bounce? Hit one wall, bounce into the opposite and then another 5 sec on top just for good measure 🤣

Spa was fun, but enough, it hurts, can't concentrate anymore lol. Last race went well, I got to 5th place early thanks to some pile-up up front. Which meant letting the faster drivers through for the rest of the rest. I finished 9th in the end, pole sitter finished 18 sec before 2nd an did a 2:43 lap in race. Too fast.

Back to 99 SR, last 2 races were blue. DR is sticking around 37.5K, finishing in the middle in the top split rooms. Door number 10, finished 9th, on target. I guess I need to ditch TCS to go faster, but nope, can hardly keep it straight with TCS :nervous:

@sturk0167 I usually have the power to make people go off just by gaining on them from the distance :lol: That shrinking time gap is a great distraction! Was it you that got the triple 5 sec penalty for a wall bounce? Hit one wall, bounce into the opposite and then another 5 sec on top just for good measure 🤣

Spa was fun, but enough, it hurts, can't concentrate anymore lol. Last race went well, I got to 5th place early thanks to some pile-up up front. Which meant letting the faster drivers through for the rest of the rest. I finished 9th in the end, pole sitter finished 18 sec before 2nd an did a 2:43 lap in race. Too fast.

Back to 99 SR, last 2 races were blue. DR is sticking around 37.5K, finishing in the middle in the top split rooms. Door number 10, finished 9th, on target. I guess I need to ditch TCS to go faster, but nope, can hardly keep it straight with TCS :nervous:
Quadruple wall penalties. Yes....... and in the same spot. :embarrassed:
I believe the Tokyo South "Chicane of Pain" has penalized me far more than the Dragon Trail "Chicane of Death".

Do you remember the race from that clip? It was August 2019. I think the track and the car ('81 Porsche) were both new to the game at that time. Not a good combo for me. I got crushed that week. :lol:

Last edited:
when do we find out next weeks races? This weeks aren’t particularly beginner friendly so thought I’d get some practise in for whatever next week brings.
Usually Friday in the morning GMT. Sometimes it goes on early and we get it on a Thurs. Others it can be quite late on a Friday. That's only Kudos Prime though. I believe some others may get a sneak even earlier.

Usually Friday in the morning GMT. Sometimes it goes on early and we get it on a Thurs. Others it can be quite late on a Friday. That's only Kudos Prime though. I believe some others may get a sneak even earlier.
Yeah, there's a source that some of my teammates know about, that gets the race info a bit earlier than KudosPrime.
I see them mentioning it on Discord. I think @GOTMAXPOWER knows what it is.

Last edited:
Quadruple wall penalties. Yes....... and in the same spot. :embarrassed:
I believe the Tokyo South "Chicane of Pain" has penalized me far more than the Dragon Trail "Chicane of Death".

Do you remember the race from that clip? It was August 2019. I think the track and car ('81 Porsche) were both new to the game at that time. Not a good combo for me. I got crushed that week. :lol:
Yeah I remember that combo, might still have some clips from it. That chicane is a real pain!

Looking for them I ran into these, standing (glitched) start on Sarthe. Rain is an improvement :lol:
yRlYXfd.gif
JqCxRqP.gif

I guess I don't have it anymore but now hoping Tokyo night rain is next :)
gnkjHv5.gif
TfpbpaI.gif

Day is fine too, with the harsh wall brush penalties :mischievous:

I just did a C race and there were 17 of us at the start.
12 people quit. I was kind of disgusted by that. :yuck:
The poor E rated guy who had no idea what he was doing, and got lapped, persevered and got 5th by default.
I congratulated him for not being a pussy. 👍
I would have hit the "like" button sooner but I was laughing so hard that I couldn't keep the mouse cursor straight.

Yeah, there's a source that some of my teammates know about, that gets the race info a bit earlier than KudosPrime.
I see them mentioning it on Discord. I think @GOTMAXPOWER knows what it is.
That would be the bot on @kirethk's Discord, there is a link on his about page: https://www.youtube.com/c/Kireth/about

No races are up for next week yet, hopefully we see something whacky like Gr3 at BMB oval, or GrB at Fisherman's Ranch.

Just had a go at Race B to see what it's like this week and quite enjoyed it overall. I was in the GT-R, messing around with the backmarkers in 13th for most of the race, but ended in 11th and nabbed the fastest lap!

Got down to a 2.45.4 but not much higher than mid pack starting place in high DR A lobbies. Did 2 races with NSX. First race from p10 was over for me before first corner, 2 drivers slide and hit me and I spun, fell back 3,5 sec from p19. Had an okay comeback for a p12. Race 2 I started from p8, good first few laps and crazy stuff ahead and I was all the way to p2 after like 3 laps, leader was gone. But there were faster drivers, who passed me. Was p5 on last lap, Italian ahead by 1,5 sec, I was right on his tail at the end of sector 2. Then the Italian overshot the bus stop chicane braking point and looked like he was going wide the second part, but then he almost came to complete standstill on the apex, very shady blocking. If I went to outside I am sure this driver bumps me wide. I ended up accidentally bumping the Italian and we were side by side on the straight, but NSX acceleration was better than 911, P4. He tried to sideswipe me on the straight, but I got over the line before spinning. Italian also drove very aggressive and forced others wide, when I watched the replay. Karma was served. Great fun in the wet, plenty of side by side action. Will do some on my second account too, starting from last lol.

The bumping and pushing is increasing on the NA server as well, top split rooms. However compared to dry races, dirty hour has never been this clean. I can actually race between 7pm and 9pm without fearing to get dive bombed and punted every corner. Most people pass clean, just the rare nose sticker is left and the one person who thinks their brakes are better than everyone else's.

Last week on the Nord, from 5pm it was getting dirty, 7pm to 9pm don't bother trying to race at all. This week it's hard to tell the time by the action on the track :) I'm up to 40K DR just by driving carefully and letting faster cars through (after they crash again). I was up to a clean streak of 3 before my car decided to take a detour by itself. At the end of Eau Rouge all the way right, and back to the track over the old pit re-entry lane, no penalty if you go that far out of the way.

The bumping and pushing is increasing on the NA server as well, top split rooms. However compared to dry races, dirty hour has never been this clean. I can actually race between 7pm and 9pm without fearing to get dive bombed and punted every corner. Most people pass clean, just the rare nose sticker is left and the one person who thinks their brakes are better than everyone else's.

Last week on the Nord, from 5pm it was getting dirty, 7pm to 9pm don't bother trying to race at all. This week it's hard to tell the time by the action on the track :) I'm up to 40K DR just by driving carefully and letting faster cars through (after they crash again). I was up to a clean streak of 3 before my car decided to take a detour by itself. At the end of Eau Rouge all the way right, and back to the track over the old pit re-entry lane, no penalty if you go that far out of the way.
Was great racing with you again. Hope to get in a few more at Spa before the week is over. Such a great challenge. I made one very small mistake in all but my last race (or got dumped by others), which costs you dearly in those conditions, and at that point it was just down to speed in the top split. 6th was the best I could do. Not quite as disciplined as you! But I was trying.

Added 2500 DR to my rating over the last two days, even qualifying only 10th or so, in the top split... I don't think I ever lost DR in any race actually, but getting more than a few hundred at a time was really a challenge. So... close.... to A+ rating on the main account finally, just as we near the finish line for GTS, I suppose.

Last edited:
Just got my highest finish yet at Spa: 4th in my main account in the Porsche! Just a few points from B now. Started at P6 in a mixed A, B, C, D/S room. Came out of the starting scrum at P5, then dropped to P8 as faster non-qual guys caught up and passed. Passed a couple more people, but what really did it was one guy in front of me spinning out and letting me by (never saw him again) and another apparently crashing way in front of me and quitting.

I was terrified of racing in the rain at first, but now I'm actually beginning to enjoy it!

Last edited:
I had some fun in race C last night, bad qualifying as usual but lap 1 made up for it. For all the disadvantages of a controller it does feel like you can switch the tyres on quicker than the wheels.

And this is why you're considered one of the top controller drivers (if not one of the top drivers full stop!). Absolutely stunning lap!

Just saw my K time for Spa is 2:46. No chance in hell of me pulling that off - my best so far is a 2:57! I'm terrible in the rain!!

And this is why you're considered one of the top controller drivers (if not one of the top drivers full stop!). Absolutely stunning lap!

Just saw my K time for Spa is 2:46. No chance in hell of me pulling that off - my best so far is a 2:57! I'm terrible in the rain!!
You're too kind but I'm nowhere near, especially this week (about 2s off the pace in the races). The rain physics feel the same as the dirt physics on this game so if you slide even a little bit it kills your pace and overheats the tyres. This race is all about pushing as hard as you can without losing traction (on the accelerator, brakes or steering), no sudden movements with the left stick, bring in the accelerator really slowly and come back off if it starts to slide and you might just be okay.

Race C was chaos today, just kept getting hit all the time and then an alien just casually does a 2'42.3 in the race like they are playing a different game entirely. :boggled: I if get everything perfect in a lap I'd be just under 3 seconds a lap slower than that so probably time to give it up. :boggled: I've done a 2'45.5 in both the Porsche and the Audi and can go a few tenths quicker than that in the Audi I'm sure but god knows where I'd find anymore time. :boggled:

One driver did cheer me up a little though by calling me an idiot in the post race chat. This was their race. :D

Total mess and all my fault apparently. :lol:

:gtplanet::cheers:

You're too kind but I'm nowhere near, especially this week (about 2s off the pace in the races). The rain physics feel the same as the dirt physics on this game so if you slide even a little bit it kills your pace and overheats the tyres. This race is all about pushing as hard as you can without losing traction (on the accelerator, brakes or steering), no sudden movements with the left stick, bring in the accelerator really slowly and come back off if it starts to slide and you might just be okay.
Any chance you could comment on the lap linked below? Am I too heavy on inputs, too late for turn-ins? I know I'm not good in the rain, but I'm so far off the pace it's almost a joke! That said, I knocked nearly 5 secs off my Q time in the 911 by using the Evo...

What sort of time should I be going for ok interlagos gr3 DR B. Going to get some practice in this weekend. Guessing everyone will go for the supra but I quite liked the rcz last week.
The RCZ is quite a strong contender at Interlagos. I can't remember lap times but I've had my best times with the WRX, RCZ and Beetle.

Last edited:
That would be nice, but those cars are too expensive.
The priciest car I can remember for a daily race was the 2019 Red Bull, at $3M.
Does the game even have the capacity to filter specific (several) models for the Dailies? The closest thing we've seen to a Venn diagram approach is when they have the Gr.4 races for FF cars only.

Back