Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
Yeah I do agree this is only a negative when it comes to active players in the core part of the game, seems a weird design choice unless they have something up their sleeve.

Most obvious 5 minutes of programming in history to bump the credits earned from Sport Mode to encourage participation to make up for this instead of grinding Blue Moon, but I guess that won't be happening any more with the microtransactions :lol:

I feel like PD has become out of touch with this update. We don't have free reign on the driver suits, we can't paint the F1 car, half the poses are missing and are probably going to be drip fed, they changed daily races to weekly races, the F1 car doesn't make a down shifting sound... like... What are you guys doing? They do everything backwards

Daily with fixed settings is fine.
Weekly needs tuning enabled tho! Otherwise it will get boring after the second day of racing.

I really dont get the decisions PD made in the last few months. Guess I will continue my break and keep on chilling at the pool and keep the console turned of :)

Personally I think this will encourage me to play tracks and classes I'm not necessarily good at currently. Even having the opportunity to qualify for a few days before actually racing would be nice. I've always strugged with cars faster than GR4, so this may be a benefit to me in the long run.

It might have been fine if there were like 6 races to choose from instead of just 3 but that would've probably stretched the playerbase so thin that certain races would end up with only a few players. Or as a compromise they could've changed only one of those races every day. So each race would go on for 3 days but there would be a new one every day.

So it would be like this:

Day 1: Race A changes, Race B continue, Race C continues
Day 2: Race A continues, Race B changes, Race C continues
Day 3: Race A continues, Race B continues, Race C changes
Day 4: Race A changes, Race B continues, Race C continues
Day 5: [...]

This is a great solution!

Weekly races are the worst news for me, without the daily variety my racing will vastly decline for sure.
Unless it's N24 for the week I'm likely to lose interest in the game.

This update will make matchmaking worse as well. I can't imagine people sticking around very long if the races are on all week anyway. Less players to match with per day with qualifying times that are even more based on golden laps, DR and SR more heavily affected by the race du semaine.

I might be playing something else by Thursday.

Weekly races are the worst news for me, without the daily variety my racing will vastly decline for sure.
Unless it's N24 for the week I'm likely to lose interest in the game.

This update will make matchmaking worse as well. I can't imagine people sticking around very long if the races are on all week anyway. Less players to match with per day with qualifying times that are even more based on golden laps, DR and SR more heavily affected by the race du semaine.

I might be playing something else by Thursday.
I guess I just don't understand the decision.

Most of my sport mode wins have come at Interlagos. I tend to play more when Interlagos is an option as I have a good chance to win.

But that will not hold true if Interlagos is a weekly option. It will become boring, I won't want to play after a couple of days.

And what if it's a track I hate? I probably won't play at all.

And what if Interlagos takes several weeks to come around? Maybe I won't care by that point.

Another favorite event of mine is Gr1 at Suzuka. It's only ever come around 3 or 4 times since I've had the game... Considering how rare it was as a Daily event, I can't imagine how rare it will be as a weekly event.

May as well just put it in now as we know its all coming.

Next weeks Races:

Race A: Ford SVT Raptor - Willow Springs
Race B: Peugeot VGT - Tokyo East Outer Loop
Race C: Gr3 - Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Those are next weeks races?!

See this was my fear! I don't like ANY of those combos. I don't like race A because the Raptor is lame, Tokyo is a total joke and ovals in this game are lackluster without proper oval cars...

I won't be racing at all this week. It might be time to retire from GTS to be honest.

Those are next weeks races?!

See this was my fear! I don't like ANY of those combos. I don't like race A because the Raptor is lame, Tokyo is a total joke and ovals in this game are lackluster without proper oval cars...

I won't be racing at all this week. It might be time to retire from GTS to be honest.

Hahaha I was actually being sarcastic, but knowing PD this is the inevitable.

F1 2018 out on 24/08. Onwards to that I guess..

I was so excited about this update but this race schedule has put a massive downer on things

Never liked daily races. It doesnt give much time to practice for people that don't have much free time.

Weekly is too long though. In my opinion, the perfect period of change would be something similar to the FIA races, changes in the wednesday and saturday.

With the daily rotation, we were getting the same setups a lot. I recall on this last month Nurburgring GP with Gr4 cars appearing like 4 times.

Seems like a diabolical decision to me. I can't see why anyone other than either a professional racing driver or a literal lab rat would want to play the same car and track combo on two successive days, let alone 7. I'm on a pretty boring family holiday right now, but this news has definitely made me less excited to get back home.

It’s impossible for me to get on daily. And when I do I grab the most popular car and rush through the races.

Perhaps there should also be a fourth option that switches daily.

I feel like PD has become out of touch with this update. We don't have free reign on the driver suits, we can't paint the F1 car, half the poses are missing and are probably going to be drip fed, they changed daily races to weekly races, the F1 car doesn't make a down shifting sound... like... What are you guys doing? They do everything backwards

Sorry, but perhaps it's not PD that have become out of touch.... perhaps it's that you don't have an appreciation as to what goes on behind the scenes, technically, legally or commercially to facilitate such content or features. I can understand your frustration with the Dailies, but given that for the most part, these are free features that are essentially better than not having them at all, it seems unfair to criticise PD because these other things don't line up exactly as you want.

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but in general there seems to be a real issue with a lack of gratitude on this forum.

Honestly very disappointed to hear this... Many days I log in and see that there's only one or sometimes no races I'm interested in of the three, often featuring tracks I don't like such as ovals or Tokyo. To have to bear with it for a full week is too much with only three events. If PD extended the race roster to five different events then sure, that'd be fine to last a week cause there'd be more variety.

I really don't understand why they haven't even tried that yet either. You have four main classes (Gr.1, 2, 3, 4) and then use the 5th event as a one-make. No need to bother with the unpopular Gr.B or Gr.X except maybe the odd time it could replace one of them. Such wasted opportunities... we often get to race Gr.3 and Gr.4 races, but only occasionally Gr.2 and very, very rarely Gr.1 for whatever reason. Rather than finding a way to please more players and give more options, they just decide "nah" it's good already. Shame. Then again, that's been their mindset since GT5P. Improve the AI so it's not forced catch the rabbit? Nah, it's good enough already. 10 years later here we are...

Honestly very disappointed to hear this... Many days I log in and see that there's only one or sometimes no races I'm interested in the three, often featuring tracks I don't like such as ovals or Tokyo. To have to bear with it for a full week is too much with only three events. If PD extended the race roster to five different events then sure, that'd be fine to last a week.

I really don't understand why they haven't even tried that yet either. You have four main classes (Gr.1, 2, 3, 4) and then use the 5th event as a one-make. No need to bother with the unpopular Gr.B or Gr.X except maybe the odd time it could replace one of them. Such wasted opportunities.

They could also just duplicate a race C with some prohibited aids and make them twice as long for example 💡

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but in general there seems to be a real issue with a lack of gratitude on this forum.

I'm really greatfull that PD let the final drop fall to overflow the bucket of bad decisions, so that I can say goodby to sport mode without bothering

Next weeks Races:

Race A: Ford SVT Raptor - Willow Springs
Race B: Peugeot VGT - Tokyo East Outer Loop
Race C: Gr3 - Blue Moon Bay Speedway

That for 7 days. Any words?

...so that I can say goodby to sport mode without bothering

2eypwe.jpg

That for 7 days. Any words?

Who.. me? Nope. Got 225 hours in game so far with only having done 17 sport mode races... I don't need Sport mode at all to enjoy the game.

But since Banckzy was the one that made up a fictitious schedule... maybe you should ask him for comment.

I would be happy with both options, but that would mean we would need...

Yeah I agree and don't understand this change. Didn't people complain back when the races were weekly? The best approach to this is dailies and weeklies. Three dailies and two weeklies. I personally liked races on shorter tracks because that's what I had time to play during the week. I always felt longer tracks like the ring, bathurst, etc are better suited for a weekly race event. That way people short on time can still enjoy sport mode races without feeling like they need to rush to get some races in.

Not sure why PD thought less variety is better in this instance.

I cant say im overly happy about the news. Theres 3 or 4 tracks that I particularly dislike and knowing my luck i'll be on when they are on for the whole week. It also seems like a waste of all the tracks. Its going to take months for some tracks to make an appearance.

If they're going to do that then I would love it if they added a 4th or even 5th daily race to give a bit more choice.

It would be great if they added in a 20-30 lap race in the rotation. So say, once an hour that race starts. That way you have 4 races of various length and the chances are theres something for everyone.

I don't like it because it seems like it would get boring. But as someone trying to improve I know it will ultimately be advantageous.

Also think that maybe PD feels the average player didn't get to know the tracks/cars enough so they extended the time frame. Perhaps this cuts down the number of racers unfamiliar with tracks and cars per race?

Quite disappointed in this. I liked the variety of having 3 different events each day, but now it's just gonna be a week of finding tenths and hundredths of seconds in qualifying around the same track in probably the same car too. I suppose it's kind of ok this week given the Daily C race is the brand new track and people want to get accustomed to it, but if next week is gonna be a week of Gr. 4 at Brands Hatch and Gr. 3 at Interlagos with a KTM X-Bow Daily Weekly A, then I'm out.

Sorry, but perhaps it's not PD that have become out of touch.... perhaps it's that you don't have an appreciation as to what goes on behind the scenes, technically, legally or commercially to facilitate such content or features. I can understand your frustration with the Dailies, but given that for the most part, these are free features that are essentially better than not having them at all, it seems unfair to criticise PD because these other things don't line up exactly as you want.

"Free features"? PD have promoted online playing as their core focus. I didn't get this game for free. Furthermore PS+ isn't free either.

2eypwe.jpg

Who.. me? Nope. Got 225 hours in game so far with only having done 17 sport mode races... I don't need Sport mode at all to enjoy the game.

But since Banckzy was the one that made up a fictitious schedule... maybe you should ask him for comment.

That's pretty selfish don't you think? No need to be rude. It's obvious it's controversial seeing there's only 12% who think it's a good decision.

"Free features"? PD have promoted online playing as their core focus. I didn't get this game for free. Furthermore PS+ isn't free either.

For context TheGeologist was talking about the implementation of the Livery editor and the W08 car, the implementation of custom race suits, the implementation of driver scapes, and the implementation of the W08 itself, alongside the change to the Sport mode schedule... these are things that came to the game for free, and form part of a post purchase update campaign that we have so far not been charged for. Anyone that no longer feels a PS+ subscription is warranted by GT Sport is perfectly free to cancel it if they're not going to play GTS anymore.

That's pretty selfish don't you think? No need to be rude. It's obvious it's controversial seeing there's only 12% who think it's a good decision.

No I don't think it's selfish.. sarcastic definitely, and a bit snarky, but not selfish. As I've stated a couple of times already, I can understand why people might object to the sport mode schedule change and I absolutely think they should vote with their controllers if they don't like it, and stop playing the game... I believe it's the best method of protest. But I still don't care if Krypton rage quits the game or not... do you?

Back