Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
The downside is yeah I'm not likely to play Sport mode on weeks I don't like any of the track selection. The upside is now I get to tune cars specifically for 1 track. They really should just add 3 more Sport races and have both daily and weekly.

But I still don't care if Krypton rage quits the game or not... do you?

Look, obviously you don't share our passion to sport mode dailies. Thats OK. And some of us, like me, are majorily disappointed by the change because of the several reasons which are brought up by various members here.

And at this moment you had the great idea playing teacher and teach us gratitude. We know that all the contents are free, and that is also many times honored in this forum.

Anyway, if you don't care about my postings, then simply don't read it. But I will not ask your permission before I post my thoughts.

I think the way they should do it is have four races. Two for dailies and two for weeklies.

Daily races are your typical sprint/style races with more oddball car/track combos we’re used to. No tuning in these races allowed

Weekly races could be Gr.1, Gr.3 and Gr.4 on proper road courses only. Tuning is allowed for everything on the car except weight and power. Both of these races would be the half hour endurance varieties.

I dont like this, i play olmost daily sport mode sometimes i pass a day because of car track combo or whatever. If there now is a day with a bad or not fun combo for me i cant play for a whole week sport mode..... that is a shame....

I think this is a bad change that, in the long run, could drive away a lot of players. I can see the upside, we possibly will have more clean and even races since players have more time to get used to the track/car combinations. But for me personally, the downsides far outweigh that:

1. I play only race C, and I enjoy a lot of tracks that the community dislikes (All Bluemoon variations, Alcsace, BB raceway, Tokyo East Outer Loop), and they come up rarely enough, with the schedule changing weekly, I ll have to wait possibly months for some of the to come up.

2. Same as a lot of the players dislike the above tracks, I really dislike tracks like Suzuka and Nürburgring and wont drive them. That means I am either forced to drive tracks I dislike, or quit Sportmode for a week.

3. Even for my favourite tracks, I wouldnt want to drive them 7 days in a row. The variety is one of the big things that keeps sports mode interesting for me.

IF they want to change to a weekly schedule for good, they need to add more races, possibly one for each class. Or compromise and make them change every 2-3 days.

All of that is of course just my personal opinion, but I am quite disappointed since I made the decision 2 days ago to invest in a wheel setup, and I know with the races changing to weekly, I wont invest near as much time as I planned to into GT when I made that decision.

Anybody think they will add more races in the future?
Or do you all think this is how it's gonna be, 3 races per week, until they shut down the servers for the next new GT release?

Additionally i've got to say, pity posts about quitting sport mode are not necessary. Looks whiny and super needy. Go play something else if you are that depressed about it ffs. Assetto, Forza, Pcars..... Jeez.

Anybody think they will add more races in the future?
Or do you all think this is how it's gonna be, 3 races per week, until they shut down the servers for the next new GT release?

To me it seems they are afraid of the player count in the lobbies getting thinned out, so I doubt they will be doing this anytime soon.

Never liked daily races. It doesnt give much time to practice for people that don't have much free time.

Weekly is too long though. In my opinion, the perfect period of change would be something similar to the FIA races, changes in the wednesday and saturday.

With the daily rotation, we were getting the same setups a lot. I recall on this last month Nurburgring GP with Gr4 cars appearing like 4 times.

Yet now you get the same setup 7 days in a row! And it might not appear again for 3 months or longer. PD just reduced the races from 1100 per year to 156. With the latest update there are now 51 layouts available for sport mode. So your favorite track + GR combo might only happen once a year with this change!

As for practice, check the schedule ahead on KP. You could practice before the day, same with FIA races.
Having an extra race D that lasts a week or half a week would be fine, reducing choice is never good.

The best thing PD should do is increase the amount of race scenarios to 5 and do what hellzfire said and swap them out after every FIA race. Not only that, but experiment with everything from softer compound tires, to tuning, and to NX00 where it was like it was during the beta where you chose cars from the specific class, instead of using any car that can regulate to the category, that way people won’t detune Ferrari F40s and dominate daily races.

You know what happens if I get Alsace, Blue Moon, Willow Springs or some One Make family hatchback for a whole week? I play something else, this is a crazy move in my opinion. Sport mode needs more races (more variety) not less, hell sure it would be cool for a day or two if it's a track/car combo you like and get a few wins from, but by day 5, day 7 :confused: Not to mention the skill gap between those who have little time to play and those who have a lot is gonna widen drastically.

I wonder if it is to encourage more to do the FIA races or something but either way, I very much doubt this will encrouage, anyone, to play more.

Crazy, crazy times....

Sorry, but perhaps it's not PD that have become out of touch.... perhaps it's that you don't have an appreciation as to what goes on behind the scenes, technically, legally or commercially to facilitate such content or features. I can understand your frustration with the Dailies, but given that for the most part, these are free features that are essentially better than not having them at all, it seems unfair to criticise PD because these other things don't line up exactly as you want.

I don't mean to call you out specifically, but in general there seems to be a real issue with a lack of gratitude on this forum.
Horse ****. I don't know much about game programming, but you can't convince me that it takes much more than a few keystrokes to set up a daily race and track combo. There's some sort of strategy being played with the dailies.

Horse ****. I don't know much about game programming, but you can't convince me that it takes much more than a few keystrokes to set up a daily race and track combo. There's some sort of strategy being played with the dailies.

Where did I say it was a large effort to update daily races?

Right about there ^

Where? You've got to do some pretty serious inaccurate paraphrasing to get that out of my original post, especially if you've actually read the list of things in the post I was responding to, that were cited as being the reasons PD is "out of touch".

I try to stay positive in these forums the little that I do post......but I have to agree that this move to weekly instead of daily is disastrous for so many reasons listed by others before this post.

I just don't get the benefit behind it to the franchise or the drivers.

inb4 One Make Golf GTi Kyoto Miyabi, Gr. 2 BB Raceway & Gr. 1 Monza (or other, similarly horrible race variations) stuck for a whole week.

Terrible decision, imo.

Maybe its time to stop with this sport mode stuff and and hang up more with family and friends again

Yeah, well it's lucky for some, Mr. "I have friends and a family who don't all despise me." No need to rub it in!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up GTS 2 weeks ago. I was thrilled with the daily races after coming from PCARS.

Given that I’m so new to the game, I’m still doing licenses and campaign, liveries, car shopping, etc, so I’m not dumping all my game time into Sport mode. However, I had been enjoying doing a couple Sport mode races in between the other stuff, and I really enjoyed the variety from day to day.

I’m looking at the Sport mode menu, and it’s Honda S660 @ Tsukuba (suprise suprise), Gr4 at Suzuka, and Gr3 at CdSC. None of those really interest me at all, so I probably won’t touch sport mode much for a week.

I think this is a bad move on PD’s part. I appreciate people who have very limited play time, and therefor like the idea of weekly events to be able to spend a full week to practice and tune or whatever, so maybe they could have 3 daily races and 3 weekly races, but I don’t like having only weekly races after getting a taste of dailies.

Where? You've got to do some pretty serious inaccurate paraphrasing to get that out of my original post, especially if you've actually read the list of things in the post I was responding to, that were cited as being the reasons PD is "out of touch".
This thread is about daily races becoming weekly races. I thought that is what we're talking about. You weren't specific.

Yet now you get the same setup 7 days in a row! And it might not appear again for 3 months or longer. PD just reduced the races from 1100 per year to 156. With the latest update there are now 51 layouts available for sport mode. So your favorite track + GR combo might only happen once a year with this change!

As for practice, check the schedule ahead on KP. You could practice before the day, same with FIA races.
Having an extra race D that lasts a week or half a week would be fine, reducing choice is never good.
Yup. I'm gonna go dust off my golf clubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in two minds. I think weekly may promote better and closer racing as the week progresses and drivers get used to the track, and as i cant run daily, i should be able to get more time in on a combo.

But i do enjoy the variety and seeing what is new every day, also if a combo came up i didnt like, then it was only another day before the next one.

Im easy either way, will be interesting to see how this pans out over next couple of months

I've got nothing really to add to this, I gave up on Sport Mode following PD enforcing stock tunes. I refuse to run the stock diff, it's just diabolical.
Tuning should be allowed in all Sport Mode races :). Daily races soon to be moved to weekly races which is good to hear, and then I will play this game if Tuning was allowed :).

Edit: Soon Daily races are going to be weekly, it would be good idea if PD placed all friends from around the world on my friends list rather than just the country on my friends list.

Last edited:
Back