Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
Just imagine if PD brings the old cars back from previous GT games. You will go insane doing liveries for the IROC-Z concept car.
I remember sitting in an IROC-Z they had on display at Disney World Tomorrowland thinking how cool it was. They hadn't been released to the public yet. However, I didn't like it enough to trade-in the '67 Camaro I was driving at the time.

@HaydenFan69 I found out the hard way the X2019 doesn't like pylons too much. :lol:

This one obviously.
1627288225720.png

I remember sitting in an IROC-Z they had on display at Disney World Tomorrowland thinking how cool it was. They hadn't been released to the public yet. However, I didn't like it enough to trade-in the '67 Camaro I was driving at the time.
Good decision. What happened to the '67?
What does IROC stand for?

In the 80's someone told me the "I" stood for Italian, and I believed that for a long time.

Some of these are funny :lol: - https://www.abbreviations.com/IROC
The first answer is correct in regards to the car's name. But, the memories...

Good decision. What happened to the '67?
I eventually sold it to a friend after the salt air from the ocean did a number on the quarter panels. He turned it into a drag car.

The first answer is correct in regards to the car's name. But, the memories...
I watched many IROC races at Daytona. I remember one year being on pit road during pre race ceremonies. I was standing about 6 feet away from Earnhardt, AJ Foyt and Al Unser Jr. who were hanging out talking.

Does anyone remember Jaguar's attempt at an IROC series called "Fast Masters" ? It featured drivers 50yo or older driving Jaguar XJ220's. It was funny watching them crash expensive supercars. :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Masters

I can host tomorrow. Although we're expecting a heat wave, I will be complaining a lot.

Bonus races: Track vote.

Cars: '69 Camaro Z28 or '78 Firebird Trans AM. BOP on. SS tires. No ABS/TCS.

chevy_camaro_z28__69_vs_pontiac_firebird__78_by_ljjnico_d7zi3x8-fullview.jpg
Sounds great! I'm hoping to be able to join. Bonus race sounds super fun, as does Daily A (we should all switch cars from "A race" 1 and 2).

Watching that ‘65 Mini race, I still swear I had a tuned car as I just drove by everyone way too easily. I mean I had the pass of the century diving into that tiny indentation in the front straight wall.

@The359, you had the run. But picking the outside just wasn’t going to cut it as I was refusing to give you any room. And the divebomb at the chicane was me a bit upset with letting you get by on the grass and a bit of bumper cars. lol

@O604, good racing though. Had to run into work so had to call it a few races early.

Fearing I might accidentally erase the footage, I made a highlight video of the accidentally public lobby which ended up fun.

Imagine a scheduling conflict at Suzuka East where they double booked a race and a drift battle at the same time. :lol:

Happy Friday fellas!! :cheers: I’ll have tonight’s bonus races posted here shortly. :)
It's Friday? I lost track of what day it was all this week. Heat and air quality (usually I wear contact lenses but have been wearing glasses) making me dopey. :dunce:

Thanks for hosting.

Have fun!

Had connection problems. PS doesn't want to work today I guess. :guilty:
I was watching that with interest, you made @AfraidRacer 's connection look stable today.

Thank you @Pigems for hosting, I had been planning to volunteer but as it turned out I was busy this morning and could have ended up starting the lobby late. As it is I had great fun even though some of my results weren't so good. Lovely clean racing by all!

Replays shared in game for anyone interested, tags: tpc gtp drwf

I was watching that with interest, you made @AfraidRacer 's connection look stable today.

Thank you @Pigems for hosting, I had been planning to volunteer but as it turned out I was busy this morning and could have ended up starting the lobby late. As it is I had great fun even though some of my results weren't so good. Lovely clean racing by all!

Replays shared in game for anyone interested, tags: tpc gtp drwf
I had the same disco in Max Attack's race a week ago. Changed some Audio Sharing settings today. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Sucks I didn't get to race more. But the 1 race I had was great. And I now have a score to settle with Fudsy. ;)

Highlights of said score. :D

Last edited:
Happy almost Friday fellas!! :cheers:

We have a special bonus race this week, the fuel mileage special!! :D

Any gasoline burning car in the game @ N24, SM Tires, Weak Slip, x5 Tires, x25 Fuel, Open Tuning.

When you run out of fuel, you must brake and come to a stop on the side of the track, the car that makes it the farthest before running out of fuel Wins. :)

Back