Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
@sturk0167 already snagged one in a similar color, but I did make you one in a light tan. Make sure to get the one with 12 on the headlight cover. Saw after I posted that I had forgot the 2.
I think I am ready to make it this week. Got everything sorted. I will take whatever color you got. If something comes up and it looks like I won't make it I'll post up so someone else can grab it if needed.

This week we’re gonna have a Special Bonus Race, so there will only be the one, but it’s gonna be awesome! :D

Tomorrow nights Bonus Race will be...

‘68 Fiat 500F @ N24, 1 Lap, CH Tires, Slipstream Real, Boost Weak, Stock 100/100, at Night. :)

View attachment 920704

Sneak peek at my Fiat after the race

b387e739a8e2c6e9b520a7c8c2a35f8c.jpg

Happy Friday everyone! :) Tonight is gonna be a lot of fun, I can’t wait to get out there. Any week that Big Willow is up is a good week! I hope to see you all out there tonight. :cheers:

@Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @Stencedaddy @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604 @Granadier @Kevstah2004 @Leftcurl @The_Tullster @NoStopN @BenRod @Satomiblood @ToddSalad @Drex124 @milehighmadd @roamingbard13 @Rods @Deadpool @murch

This weeks Bonus Race will be...

‘68 Fiat 500 F @ Nürburgring 24h, 1 Lap, Comfort Hard Tires, Boost Weak, Slipstream Real, Stock 100/100, at Night!

39BA7DAE-99D2-4A9C-80DF-ACEC4991AA0D.jpeg

I just did a quick test by setting the PS4 in 480p mode, i’m not sure but I think it encodes better than 720p with less artifacts when showing dust & mud it seems to pixelate in 720p, is it any better encoded on the Pro in 720p or 1080p?

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_9wse60fNP6A5kIbu9TABb5rhPFX74TR
Any differences??? Let me know what you think, it encodes it as 720p regards of output render resolution.

Last edited:
A bit bummed I didn't get to do Big Willow. I made a last minute attempt to go pitch and putt golfing today. The line up was huge so ended up just hanging out a bit and came home. Got to see friends, was cool.

Tried to join in the lobby earlier but it was full. Did a few Arcade warm ups on Suzuka and when I checked back, there was a spot. Made it for Interlagos. 2 great races.

Then it was the Bonus Race.... :banghead::boggled::confused::crazy::dopey::drool::dunce::eek::irked::indiff::mischievous::scared::ouch::odd: :lol:

Thanks guys for all the fun racing, always good when I can atch up with everyone in the lobby. Went back and watched the capture, I was the fault of the giant launch at interlagos, I braked a touch late, but the bump ahead pushed whoever it was back into me through the fun pinball effect, creating a mega launch. Whoops. Anyway, thought I could share a quick edit of a couple of fun encounters with @GOTMAXPOWER

Thanks guys for all the fun racing, always good when I can atch up with everyone in the lobby. Went back and watched the capture, I was the fault of the giant launch at interlagos, I braked a touch late, but the bump ahead pushed whoever it was back into me through the fun pinball effect, creating a mega launch. Whoops. Anyway, thought I could share a quick edit of a couple of fun encounters with @GOTMAXPOWER

I'm not very good with the brakes in the NSX :lol:

I'm not very good with the brakes in the NSX :lol:
Dude, that thing is a death trap, I'm not even able to keep it straight, you managed to pull full laps in that thing. Anyone who can finish a race in that thing has my full respect. Especially since you didnt hit me once.:lol:

That last one almost had me falling out of the chair laughing during the race though, that was awesome.

Dude, that thing is a death trap, I'm not even able to keep it straight, you managed to pull full laps in that thing. Anyone who can finish a race in that thing has my full respect. Especially since you didnt hit me once.:lol:

That last one almost had me falling out of the chair laughing during the race though, that was awesome.
No idea how, I definitely hit Kaizen with one of them.

That last one, I saw Fudsy spinning so went right because you were on the left, you can get some decent air if you hit the ramp further round the corner but I just clipped the end.

Could help but hear this in my head

Great racing last night fellas! That was a lot of fun! :cheers: I kinda wish I had of turned the boost to strong for the Fiat race though, I thought weak was gonna be enough to keep the pack together more then it did. It was still a super fun race though. Thanks again to everyone who came out and made it a great night! :cheers:

I just did a quick test by setting the PS4 in 480p mode, i’m not sure but I think it encodes better than 720p with less artifacts when showing dust & mud it seems to pixelate in 720p, is it any better encoded on the Pro in 720p or 1080p?

Don't know what you are asking about here, 480p? Are you using an analog tv? :) I'm using the Pro and always keep it on 4k which looks awesome. The only difference I understand is that replays in 4k are 30fps instead of 60fps.

Just got booted to a full console restart. :irked:
Thanks for the races and sorry @Drex124 for the bump at Red Bull Ring.

That sucks, it happened to me last week. Last night I got a dc but luckily it just kicked me from lobby and I was able to rejoin right away. It was fun racing with you. Hope to see you again.

I kinda wish I had of turned the boost to strong for the Fiat race though, I thought weak was gonna be enough to keep the pack together more then it did. It was still a super fun race though.

I kinda wish my Ladybugatti had a turbocharger because I couldn't catch up to no one after doing an impromptu 360 in the grass. :lol: Yes that was my Bugatti. A simple livery for a simple car which you couldn't see in the dark anyway lol.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200515230722.jpg

Don't know what you are asking about here, 480p? Are you using an analog tv? :) I'm using the Pro and always keep it on 4k which looks awesome. The only difference I understand is that replays in 4k are 30fps instead of 60fps.

That sucks, it happened to me last week. Last night I got a dc but luckily it just kicked me from lobby and I was able to rejoin right away. It was fun racing with you. Hope to see you again.

I kinda wish my Ladybugatti had a turbocharger because I couldn't catch up to no one after doing an impromptu 360 in the grass. :lol: Yes that was my Bugatti. A simple livery for a simple car which you couldn't see in the dark anyway lol.

View attachment 921173

No my TV is HDMI non HDR but it supports 1080p all the way down to 240p, you can change it in the PS4 output settings & then the PS4 will upscale or downscale it to 720p for the youtube upload footage, it’s not resolution I’m interested in though it’s bitrate & artifacts that you see in particle effects zooming past the screen at a high rate like snow, mud, dust, smoke which ends up slightly pixelated with the video compression, does the Pro encode it a higher bitrate for the youtube upload?

I’m interested in though it’s bitrate & artifacts that you see in particle effects zooming past the screen at a high rate like snow, mud, dust, smoke which ends up slightly pixelated with the video compression, does the Pro encode it a higher bitrate for the youtube upload?

Sorry Kev, I don't upload vids so can't help you there. Not sure about the bitrate, but I would think you would get the best videos with the highest res.

Sorry Kev, I don't upload vids so can't help you there. Not sure about the bitrate, but I would think you would get the best videos with the highest res.

No worries, hopefully overs can chime in. This is what I got when trying remote play, so i’m guessing the Pro encodes the stream as 1080p on the Pros for youtube, even though it can render at 4K.
33B9ED73-6EDD-4542-AFD3-854B5E763F50.png

Last edited:
No my TV is HDMI non HDR but it supports 1080p all the way down to 240p, you can change it in the PS4 output settings & then the PS4 will upscale or downscale it to 720p for the youtube upload footage, it’s not resolution I’m interested in though it’s bitrate & artifacts that you see in particle effects zooming past the screen at a high rate like snow, mud, dust, smoke which ends up slightly pixelated with the video compression, does the Pro encode it a higher bitrate for the youtube upload?

I'm also a little foggy about what you're asking. I'll try to give you some info based upon the info I see. I have a Pro. I record my videos from the built in recorder. Many of my videos over the last few months have been direct recordings that I transferred to a thumb drive & uploaded to YT through my laptop. It automatically maxes out at 1080p. But, my videos also are 30fps. In my full race videos, there are plenty of visible artifacts. I don't have any info on bitrate, but I suspect if you are trying to not get ghosting & other visible imperfections, I don't think you'll get it out of the PS4 itself. You'll likely see those same imperfections out of the replays for GTS without recording anything.

Back