Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
So you think the quality would be the same with an external capture device? one of the most noticeable pixelations i’ve noticed is around the track map on tracks like Willow Springs.

It will likely still be there. An external capture device will pick up everything you see on screen verbatim. If you see artifacts or ghosting on your screen, they'll be on the video from the capture device. I've seen it on my device before. But mine is a bit cumbersome & doesn't always work properly, so I went back to using the built-in PS4 recordings. But, as you've likely seen, the recordings skip a few seconds in each race video. Sometimes, it does that more than once.

@Kevstah2004 some of the artifacting is a result of the compression standard favoured by YouTube. If I have it right, MP4 is basically a series of jpeg images strung together. It is consequently subject to all the same artifacts as jpegs are.

@Kevstah2004 some of the artifacting is a result of the compression standard favoured by YouTube. If I have it right, MP4 is basically a series of jpeg images strung together. It is consequently subject to all the same artifacts as jpegs are.

Yeah that’s why I wanted to know if the Pro increases the bitrate for the encode due to the extra available processing power, I know it’s resolution is 1080p but if the bitrate still isn’t high enough it’s still gonna have compression artifacts the same as the base console.
I’m not overly sure how you capture off HDMI, isn’t it protected?

I believe it's protected only if the protection flag is set. If the creators of the content have chosen not to set the flag you should be able to capture.

Edit: I've no idea if GTS game play is protected...

Last edited:
Yeah that’s why I wanted to know if the Pro increases the bitrate for the encode due to the extra available processing power, I know it’s resolution is 1080p but if the bitrate still isn’t high enough it’s still gonna have compression artifacts the same as the base console.

There is a setting in the PS4 menu to turn off the HDMI recording protection.

Happy almost Friday fellas! :cheers:

Tomorrow nights Bonus Races will be...

Gr.4 Huracan @ Mt.Panarama(18:15), 4 Laps, RS Tires, Stock 100/100, Real SS.

‘02 Viper GTS @ Sr.Croix B(20:30), 3 Laps, SS Tires, Stock 100/100, Real SS.

‘73 Stratos @ Fisherman’s Ranch II(19:00), 2 Laps, Dirt Tires, Stock 100/100, Real SS, Strong Boost.

F76CC63C-AC30-4951-BE94-DE2449F1DACC.png

19EEF01A-B81A-4EB1-824B-2E3B79449F1C.jpeg

‘73 Stratos @ Fisherman’s Ranch II(19:00), 2 Laps, Dirt Tires, Stock 100/100, Real SS, Strong Boost.

View attachment 922763

View attachment 922762
Why does that Viper always remind me of Lightning McQueen?

I'm interested to join, will do my best to be there when time is available.

One question, the format is the 3 set of daily races (twice each) plus the 3 bonus races were shared, right?

Can I just participate on the daily races? I haven’t even done any of the bonus races in Circuit Experience yet. :scared:

I'm interested to join, will do my best to be there when time is available.

One question, the format is the 3 set of daily races (twice each) plus the 3 bonus races were shared, right?

Can I just participate on the daily races? I haven’t even done any of the bonus races in Circuit Experience yet. :scared:
Send @Pigems a friend request (TPC_Pigems) and you're welcome to join as many or as few races as suits you.

I will add that the bonus races are often chosen for their comic value as much as the racing, so don't be too worried about not knowing the tracks or the cars :sly: :lol:

It's pretty typical that I buy the bonus cars as I'm entering the lobby, and there is usually one track that I've never raced at before, lol.

This week, I think I have all of the cars, but I think I've only raced at St Croix with a previous bonus race (The nova, maybe?) and I've only ever run Fisherman's Ranch during DRWF. It'll be a good time all the way around either way.

(Is Fisherman's the one with the big ass jump?)

I hope to make it out. I'm in the doghouse after FIA this week though, so I anticipate some resistance.

View attachment 922763

View attachment 922762
Nice livery designs. 👍

Happy Friday Fellas!! :) Tonight’s gonna be an absolute blast, I can’t wait to get out there! I hope to see you all on the track tonight. :cheers:

@Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @Stencedaddy @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604 @Granadier @Kevstah2004 @Leftcurl @The_Tullster @NoStopN @BenRod @Satomiblood @ToddSalad @Drex124 @milehighmadd @roamingbard13 @Rods @Deadpool @murch

Tonight’s Bonus Races will be...

022575F8-ED84-4179-896F-0ADA660FB6C3.png

CF916B77-DA3A-4150-A8DD-542A4D586F5F.jpeg

Have fun everyone!!

And if anyone in Canada knows someone selling a used PS4 for a decent value, remember me :)

Hoping to get back to racing with y'all in not too long.

Yeah, last nights races were some of the best we've had, aggressive but clean.

I think you were fighting a front wheel drive Ferrari at the time :lol:
Ah yes, the 458 Corsa. BoP has been so broken since they added it.

But yeah agreed all of last night's were great, I only had one really bad one where I span the RX-V like 8 times at Spa. Even bringing the Veyron to DTS turned out worthwhile I think I had every eye in the lobby on me first time through the CoD - and absolutely ate **** of course.

The night race was like hotlapping with an apocalyptic storm chasing from behind, lol, and that Viper St. Croix combo was ultra fun to drive. Stratos was exactly as funny as I thought it would be, I could have won it if I didn't mess up the back half of the second lap I think. Apologies to @Pigems who I YEETED into the wall lap 2.

Some of my highlights from last night. Everyone involved was injured in the making of these photos.

CoD Chicken with @Pigems

28C25B19-7F82-4CD6-BC4C-D54F8D1DCAB5.jpeg

9856115E-283B-48EA-8644-F0F5FE256C9F.jpeg

34527ABE-5454-4F81-AADE-39F4EFC035AC.jpeg

EFA76981-8CC6-4B0D-B594-865BBF7856CA.jpeg

And then the night Lambo race at Bathurst. Holy hell that was fun!

7DD20FEE-6C59-44E4-9630-02A9ACDE7F88.jpeg

7087EF47-ACC4-49CA-AA14-1B6121FBCCB6.jpeg

Here’s a video from my perspective. No hud, cockpit cam, and I had all the lights off in my apartment to get maximum drunken immersion.

Sorry to everyone I hit or wiped out in that race which I’m pretty sure was the entire lobby :lol:

Last edited:
Some of my highlights from last night. Everyone involved was injured in the making of these photos.

CoD Chicken with @Pigems

View attachment 923264
View attachment 923265
View attachment 923266
View attachment 923267

View attachment 923268
View attachment 923269

Here’s a video from my perspective. No hud, cockpit cam, and I had all the lights off in my apartment to get maximum drunken immersion.

LMAO that start, tried to punt you into motion but it didn't work out. For ten seconds there I look really really fast.

LMAO that start, tried to punt you into motion but it didn't work out. For ten seconds there I look really really fast.
Honestly I think it’s one of my best starts on my record.

I vividly remember thinking...
“Oh crap I don’t have a HUD for the countdown.”
“I’ll just floor it and go. But wait I can’t see to turn traction control on.”
“Ok just gentle throttle off the line when it starts”

Apparently my drunk ass didn’t see the big bright starting tree to the right of the track :lol: So thank you for the booost!

CoD Chicken with @Pigems

View attachment 923264
View attachment 923265
View attachment 923266
View attachment 923267

View attachment 923268
View attachment 923269

Sorry to everyone I hit or wiped out in that race which I’m pretty sure was the entire lobby :lol:

That cockpit cam view is completely unrealistic - if you're driving at speed at night in Australia outside a major city, you can't see through the windshield after about four kilometres (2.5 miles) due to bug splatters. You'd have to have the wipers & windscreen washer going every run down Conrod :P :sly:

Edit: I'm afraid it was me that caused the major carnage at the top of mountain straight on lap one. I got my left wheels half an inch on the grass at the start of the braking area, tapped the car to my right and rebounded back onto the grass then came back onto the track completely out of control. Fortunately it wasn't that long before I ghosted and I didn't take out the entire back half of the field... sorry to everyone affected.

Last edited:

First time playing with this group. I really had a great time. I suddenly saw someone really fast approaching the group and his ID appeared on his car and I thought “yeeep he got max power” :lol:

CoD Chicken with @Pigems

View attachment 923265

I believe that was my view behind @Pigems and @Granadier :eek: right before CoD, that was a really fun battle.

Back