Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

Today is a Hot Lap at Mugello GP in a Ferrari 458 Speciale A. Bit of an odd-handling car for a Ferrari; it has a fair bit of understeer, especially on corner entry, so managing that is key. Slow in, fast out is the key, and don't miss those apexes.

Today is a Hot Lap at Bannochbrae in an Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO. This car is an absolute blast at road circuits like Bannochbrae; it handles all the twists and bumps with ease and is just fun to fling around. Bannochbrae is a long track with a lot of turns to memorise, so it can be tricky to put it all together into a good solid lap, but once you get the rhythm it starts to come together.

Today is a Hot Lap at Bannochbrae in an Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO. This car is an absolute blast at road circuits like Bannochbrae; it handles all the twists and bumps with ease and is just fun to fling around. Bannochbrae is a long track with a lot of turns to memorise, so it can be tricky to put it all together into a good solid lap, but once you get the rhythm it starts to come together.

The Audi was fun to drive. Very sketchy on the limits at certain parts of this track, as the undulations of the track can send the car into a spin. Which happened to me a few times pushing the car hard to get the platinum times. Otherwise, it's rather easy to drive when driving slow since it's got the downforce. Here I try out cockpit mode with seat adjustments. As you can see the wheel is not centered and offset to the side and the camera is raised and tilted down.

Long version of my experimental lines. I got my 1:10 on my final attempt that I will upload separately. Ghost cars are 1, 15, and 30 times as I never exited the event so it doesn't reload new ghosts. Below here ends with a 2:11.124 on my second to last attempt. Played with Trustmaster TGT wheel.

Final attempt for the 1:10

Last edited:
Today is a Pace Setter at the very tiny Ruapuna Park A Circuit in an Alpine A110 GT4. This is one of my favourite GT cars, so this was a fun one. Ruapuna A is a really short track, though, with lap times of about 35 seconds, so three laps here go by even faster than yesterday's Hot Lap, and there's no margin for error on each lap.

@BreakerOhio The Audi at Bannochbrae was superb, I finally managed to sneak my first #1 time with that combo.

That was a crazy fast run. 8 tenths faster than 2nd place & 2 seconds faster than the much more handsome Scotsman in 5th, but lets not dwell on that time shall we. :lol:

Great to see a fellow Scot on the top spot of the podium at a Scottish venue. On yer self big yin. :cheers:👍

That was a crazy fast run. 8 tenths faster than 2nd place & 2 seconds faster than the much more handsome Scotsman in 5th, but lets not dwell on that time shall we. :lol:

Great to see a fellow Scot on the top spot of the podium at a Scottish venue. On yer self big yin. :cheers:👍

Cheers pal, good luck today you gorgeous beast!

Today is a Hot Lap at Oulton Park Island in a Caterham Seven 620 R Racing. Fun little car, but it's definitely tricky to drive it on the edge; the line between "fast" and "wrecked" is pretty thin.

Today is a Hot Lap at Oulton Park Island in a Caterham Seven 620 R Racing. Fun little car, but it's definitely tricky to drive it on the edge; the line between "fast" and "wrecked" is pretty thin.
What times are up at the top?
I only did a practice run and did a 1:25.5

Last edited:
I managed to get a 1:24.9 after a few attempts, but had trouble getting much faster than that (on account of I suck... :dopey: ). Top times this morning on PC were in the low 1:24s, though it's possible some folks have nudged those out by now.

Today is a Pace Setter at Dubai in a Bentley Speed 8 LMP GT. The Bentley is a relatively forgiving and stable LMP car, which is good, because Dubai isn't so forgiving, with all those evil blind changing-radius multi-apex corner complexes. Definitely a tricky track to master, and a lot of places to try different lines to shave those tenths and hundredths off.

New month begins today with some wild events!

Today's Daily is a Hot Lap at Monza in a Formula X...in the rain. Very slippery track with lots of puddles anywhere; stay well away from the edges of the track through the turns and be especially careful on the backstretch (where there's an enormous amount of standing water you can't avoid; be ready to catch a slide) and the chicane before the Parabolica.

The new Weekly event is a Pace Setter at Monaco in the beautiful and fast Panoz Esperante GTR-1. Not the easiest car to keep pointed in the right direction out of Monaco's tight corners, for sure, but it's a lot of fun.

The new Monthly event is a Pace Setter at Havana Malecon Loop in a Super Truck. This beast does what it wants, and what it wants is usually to swap the rear with the front. Takes a lot of careful throttle management and counter-steering to wrestle it around this street course, although the good thing is that most of the corners here have plenty of room compared to other street circuits. The tight first and second turn complex is really tricky, though, so be especially careful there. Also, unusual for Rivals, Tuning is available for this event; not sure if it's really possible to tame a Super Truck by mucking around with the suspension, but you do have the option of giving it a go.

Last edited:
Today is a Hot Lap at Imola in a Ferrari 512 M. Don't much like the handling on this car; the steering seems very unresponsive and dead, to the point where even gentle bends that should easily be full throttle are difficult to get around.

I noticed this welcome fix on the patch notes of the latest update. All platforms.
  • Fixed issue where Pace Setter times were not uploaded if user failed to set a Personal Best during the three lap stint
👍

And I didn't know there was one, but...
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed users to achieve faster times in Rivals Events.

Additionally for those that maybe stuck at level 150
  • Upped player level cap to “999”

Those are some good fixes! There was definitely a lap time exploit in some events on PC, as occasionally you'd see folks at the top of the chart with lap times that were physically impossible. Fixing the Pace Setter bug is also awesome.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that there aren't any ghosts in Rivals events anymore? Or at least not when I first enter 'em; I always do mine in one set via the Restart button on the car XP screen, so I don't exit back out, which used to reload the ghosts so you'd be chasing a few folks ahead of you instead of the last-place bronze times. I haven't seen a ghost at all on any of mine in the last couple weeks, though. Not sure if it's just me or if they changed something overall.

Anyway, today's event is a Hot Lap at Long Beach in a Formula E. The Formula E is quite at home on this track, naturally, but it's still a slippery beast; very easy to lose traction through the corners and cost yourself a ton of momentum and time. Keep it nice and smooth to keep that speed up; sliding around even a little bit bogs the car down a lot.

Anyway, today's event is a Hot Lap at Long Beach in a Formula E. The Formula E is quite at home on this track, naturally, but it's still a slippery beast; very easy to lose traction through the corners and cost yourself a ton of momentum and time. Keep it nice and smooth to keep that speed up; sliding around even a little bit bogs the car down a lot.

That final turn kept messing me up. It's a hairpin turn and if I got on the gas too much the rear fish tailed and ate up my exit speed.

Here is a video of my warm up laps. My fastest lap was a 1:17.181 for currently Rank 1 on the PS4. I'll upload that one later.

Here are the last few attempts to get the 1:17.181
I kept all the earlier attempts to show the struggle with that final hairpin turn.

Last edited:
That final turn kept messing me up. It's a hairpin turn and if I got on the gas too much the rear fish tailed and ate up my exit speed.

Here is a video of my warm up laps. My fastest lap was a 1:17.181 for currently Rank 1 on the PS4. I'll upload that one later.

Just seen your #1 time come up, hell of a time mate, congrats. Wonder if a 1:16.??? is in there. Last corner is messing me up as well, can't get it rotated quick enough & lose all my exit speed too. In the 1:17.9s just now.

Last edited:
Just seen your #1 time come up, hell of a time mate, congrats. Wonder if a 1:16.??? is in there. Last corner is messing me up as well, can't get it rotated quick enough & lose all my exit speed too. In the 1:17.9s just now.

An amazing lap by @BreakerOhio .. pretty much perfect... not easy with a wheel. The Formula E cars need a very fine balance to be really quick.. he nailed it, absolutely nailed it.

You just stay below my laptime as well @Rizla .. or I'll end up being an unSavoury Toblersix!

Last edited:
Back