Dakar 18 (PS4, XOne, PC) - Release date September 25 2018

• Thread starter er185es
  • 587 comments
I have been in two minds about getting this game. It sounds like the sort of game I would like - it seems to provide a unique type of experience. It got a lot of poor reviews, but on the other hand there seems a lot of enthusiasm for it on this site.

One thing which put me off was the apparent lack of a single stage mode where you could try out different vehicles.

I see a patch was released to change this for PCs. Has it arrived for consuls yet? I'm on Xbox one X.

I have been in two minds about getting this game. It sounds like the sort of game I would like - it seems to provide a unique type of experience. It got a lot of poor reviews, but on the other hand there seems a lot of enthusiasm for it on this site.

One thing which put me off was the apparent lack of a single stage mode where you could try out different vehicles.

I see a patch was released to change this for PCs. Has it arrived for consuls yet? I'm on Xbox one X.

Still hasn't arrived for consoles ! I am eagerly awaiting it as well :)

I can't give enough praise for this game. If you go in with the right mindset you'll have a great time.

I just wanted to say thanks guys for talking this one up. Bought it in Steam's Christmas sale and it has so far lived up to expectations.

In my opinion this is a brilliant "couch co-op" game too. One person drives while the other figures out where to go using the Roadbook. :)

I just wanted to say thanks guys for talking this one up. Bought it in Steam's Christmas sale and it has so far lived up to expectations.

In my opinion this is a brilliant "couch co-op" game too. One person drives while the other figures out where to go using the Roadbook. :)

Very happy to hear that and you are lucky that you already have gotten the latest patch on PC 👍

If that means the "quick race" option is now available, that is good news.
Is it available for xbox one do you think? I don't have the game, was waiting for the update.
Quick race is there. I have no idea about Xbox, usually they're a lot slower with updates.

If that means the "quick race" option is now available, that is good news.
Is it available for xbox one do you think? I don't have the game, was waiting for the update.

My Xbox One version updated early hours this morning. Not tried it yet though

My Xbox One version updated early hours this morning. Not tried it yet though

Would you let me know how it goes? I have both systems, but only the base PS4 as opposed to the Xbox 1X. So I'd prefer to get it for the more advanced system. Thanks in advance.

Had a little go this morning and the quickrace option is a great addition.
Update 1.05 details and a look at the changes.

It truly is a fantastic update and it makes the game so much more accessible to new players as well. What I personally really like is that they added the option to turn off "camera inertia" (I hope I write that correct) and it makes driving onboard or with bonnetview a so much more enjoyable experience since the non-stop shaking of the camera is gone.

I really like the quickrace and weather settings which allows you to choose weatherchanges but also in which timespan they are going to happen. Haven't tried rainy dunes yet but I surely will this weekend 👍

Dakar '19

Last edited:

50294737_350015015833292_8205047268698829633_n.jpg

I was going to look the other day to see if this was in the sale. Might pick it up now. How is it with the controller?

It works fine with the controller. I've played Dakar when it first came out with the controller and it could be twitchy sometimes. Now with the latest patches it has improved a lot. You have a slider for steering sensibillity which helps to finetune. Currently I don't have any issues with it anymore.

I need a quick refresher on wheel settings.

If it takes a lot of wheel input for the vehicle to turn, what is the adjustment I’m looking to change? The sensitivity or the degrees of rotation?

Basically the wheel feels loose and nothing happens until I make large steering movements. Currently driving a truck and understand that it should feel generally loose, but my current settings after this last update are off.

If it takes a lot of wheel input for the vehicle to turn, what is the adjustment I’m looking to change? The sensitivity or the degrees of rotation?

Basically the wheel feels loose and nothing happens until I make large steering movements. Currently driving a truck and understand that it should feel generally loose, but my current settings after this last update are off.

The rotation! You can set it to 900' now if you'd like. Sensitivity you can leave to 50. Lowering sensitivity increases your turning radius.

Also check you haven’t got any large deadzone on the steering axis.

Back