Dakar 18 (PS4, XOne, PC) - Release date September 25 2018

• Thread starter er185es
  • 587 comments
Reading the comments on reddit it looks like the DLC trailer will reveal a new vehicle/vehicles.

I guess it could be another legend like Vatanen's 205 or one of the big names from 2018 like Villagra or Varela.

Edit: Looks like the DLC isn't up on the UK store yet, will keep refreshing

Last edited:
I find it pretty impressive they handed this out for free, even if it is temporary. There are 8 new stages to discover which will take a couple of hours to complete and really test your navigation skills (mostly in Peru).

Inca is a great challenge and puts your navigationskills to the test. Tried first Ruta stage but fell through map after first Rio. Seems like the map doesn't load in fast enough. Also took 5 min before stage was loaded. This was in quickrace.

I’m excited about this DLC but haven’t tried it yet. I shelved this game a month ago after an annoying game crash in Bolivia so I decided to resume today, only to have it crash again.

I really do enjoy this game a lot, but the crashes need to stop especially considering the time investment. And so far they seem to occur 40 minutes into a stage. 👎

Today’s crash was on a fast stretch in Argentina while overtaking a competitor. :grumpy:

Inca is a great challenge and puts your navigationskills to the test. Tried first Ruta stage but fell through map after first Rio. Seems like the map doesn't load in fast enough. Also took 5 min before stage was loaded. This was in quickrace.

Has the Quickstage update arrived on Xbox one yet?

Has anybody found the treasure on Stage 12?

I'm struggling, it's an hour drive to get down here mostly off-road so the car is battered and the only 'landmark' I can see is what looks like a visitor centre but their are no crates there, I've checked down some of the valleys too but can't see anything. It's also gone dark.

I've just bought this for ps4 (on sale)
Not particularly impressed but its so different from the racers i play I won't complain and just enjoy it as a distraction

So even the first Ruta stage has a great section where you need to manouver between rocks and going to fast can easily destroy or heavy damage your car. Fantastic variation and stages are long! First one took me 43 min to complete and that was on competitor. Legend will take longer since damage is more punishing.

Just noticed install size has been optimised, it's now down to around 68gig.

Do you think deleting and restalling could help cut down the crashes? Or is it a moot point?

Being on PS4 Pro, do you get as many crashes as me? I get one every other session lately.

Do you think deleting and restalling could help cut down the crashes? Or is it a moot point?

Being on PS4 Pro, do you get as many crashes as me? I get one every other session lately.
Not had any crashes on it at all recently (Pro as well).

Has anybody found the treasure on Stage 12?

I'm struggling, it's an hour drive to get down here mostly off-road so the car is battered and the only 'landmark' I can see is what looks like a visitor centre but their are no crates there, I've checked down some of the valleys too but can't see anything. It's also gone dark.
Quoting myself but this might be of use to others since it seems like one of the hardest stages to complete, the treasure is in the general area I was looking at. As usual you need to check anything which stands out, in my case a jagged rock on the side of the lake and beneath the antenna on the hill. Also it's a lot quicker/safer if you head down the west side of the map, there is a valley which takes you to pretty much the precise place you need to be without doing so much cross-country damaging the car.

Edit: Treasure mode is at 100% but none of the "find all artifacts" trophies have unlocked, must be glitched.

Last edited:
So how is everyone enjoying those new stages? The surely are a challenge even if you have ran the Dakar multiple times. I find them a great addition and the game has come along rather nicely.
Haven't tried them yet but I have been playing the game a lot over the past week. I just haven't had the time to play that much since release (story of my gaming life over the past few years) but finally spent time playing and have managed to get to stage 10. The game is a bit of a masterpiece IMO. Yes, it's not the prettiest, or the best sounding and the handling model is not great but the scope of the game is just amazing. Driving a stage and doing well make you feel like you have really achieved something. I can only applaud the devs for what they have achieved and hope they can built on it for the next release. If they can improve the looks, sounds and the handling model then it'll definitely be vying for my favourite motorsport game ever.

I didn't think this game would be for me, but seeing some of the enthusiasm here and your pics and videos is turning me around.

Thanks for the heads up on the limited time free DLC, I added them to my account. I haven't picked this game up yet but might be doing so very soon.

I didn't think this game would be for me, but seeing some of the enthusiasm here and your pics and videos is turning me around.

Thanks for the heads up on the limited time free DLC, I added them to my account. I haven't picked this game up yet but might be doing so very soon.

If you keep in mind that this isn't your ordinary rally/race game but a navigation adventure, you won't be disappointed 👍

If you have any questions, just let me know.

If you keep in mind that this isn't your ordinary rally/race game but a navigation adventure, you won't be disappointed 👍

If you have any questions, just let me know.

I think that's exactly why I'm interested in checking it out, frankly I am trash at standard rally games.

Thanks, will do!

Driving a stage and doing well make you feel like you have really achieved something.

Yeah, they have captured that feeling very well! Also the changes between the stages and even on the stages is very varied. Fast sections, technical sections, dunes, mountains, rocks, villages, river passings, traps, weather, it is actually pretty damn amazing.

The physics and sound can use some more work but it is what the dev said themselves. It is their first try on a game like this and it is a learning process for them as well. Seen we are talkin an Indie dev here I think they absolute deserve praise for this huge challenge they took on 👍

Some random RUTA40 shots (base PS4)

Dakar 18_20190206225016.png
Dakar 18_20190206225524.png
Dakar 18_20190206225115.png

Yeah, they have captured that feeling very well! Also the changes between the stages and even on the stages is very varied. Fast sections, technical sections, dunes, mountains, rocks, villages, river passings, traps, weather, it is actually pretty damn amazing.

The physics and sound can use some more work but it is what the dev said themselves. It is their first try on a game like this and it is a learning process for them as well. Seen we are talkin an Indie dev here I think they absolute deserve praise for this huge challenge they took on 👍

Some random RUTA40 shots (base PS4)

View attachment 797856 View attachment 797857 View attachment 797858
Quite agree.

The devs have done a great job considering the challenge they faced for such a niche area of motorsport, and I hope the inclusion of feeder series gets expanded for Dakar 19.

Happy to report completing the Dakar on Competitor with a truck today. On toward Legend (eventually)!

Also meant to say I also won it. Halfway through Bolivia I was really struggling in 8th place overall, but somehow I became Superman and beat the AI by 4 hours. Not exactly sure how I managed to make up that much time in Argentina but I’ll take it.

Last edited:
Started a new Dakar career on Legend. After finishing day 2 at Peru the standings were a bit baffling. I basically made a shambles of the stage as usual in the Peru dunes and finished 1st with a total time of over an hour. Almost every AI entrant was pummeled with penalties, most with 2 hours worth. :confused:

Back