Dakar 18 (PS4, XOne, PC) - Release date September 25 2018

• Thread starter er185es
  • 587 comments
I was already excited by this game but the gameplay video is better than I expected. Even if it was rubbish it has Kamaz trucks, no other games do.

Love the open world/navigation innovations. I'm excited. Car behavior however looks a bit strange at the moment. Surely, with only a month and a half before release, their physics/handling model is final so the driving may not be its strongest point. We'll see.

Really looking forward to this. Yes it's not the best looking game, the handling probably wont be top tier and may be a little rough around the edges but I love what they are doing with the navigation and open world nature.

Clearest insight yet into how the game is turning out. I wish them the best but I think I'll pass, at least at launch. I get the sense that it needs more time, if they can pull it together.

Had a feeling the physics and handling might need some work. Same goes for the co-pilot calls, hopefully he won’t be too much of a downer because the navigation aspect of this game seems really challenging. Either way I still pick it up at launch.

Had a feeling the physics and handling might need some work. Same goes for the co-pilot calls, hopefully he won’t be too much of a downer because the navigation aspect of this game seems really challenging. Either way I still pick it up at launch.
You can always turn the co-driver off... if you dare.

Anyone knows if it would be compatible with Logitech G29 wheels?

Edit: What the.....???? This game is not in the Playstation Store yet for pre-order? Just went to check and search provided no results. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Anyone knows if it would be compatible with Logitech G29 wheels?

Edit: What the.....???? This game is not in the Playstation Store yet for pre-order? Just went to check and search provided no results. What's up with that?

Support of all major wheels has been promised but no official list has been revealed yet.

Regarding the pre order on console, they are still "waiting for confirmation" according to the official FB page.

Okay, I love the concept of this game. But in the gameplay video, it seems rough.

First, the physics. No need to actually feel the game to tell they need some work.

Graphics are not terrible, but they do seem unpolished.

And sounds are off. I'm sure the Mini Countryman Raid uses either a 4-cylinder Diesel, or an Inline-6 also Diesel. Not a V8.

Also, the freedom to explore seems questionable.

Great tutorial, I am really looking forward to this, though I said that a half dozen times already. :)

I think I’ll start with a bike or a quad (just kidding). Unless you follow the leaders I can’t see how you could find the waypoints without the road book.

I wish the player in that latest video could drive. :lol: Looks alright but hard to tell. Need more gameplay videos.

I know the Dakar goes through a lot of desert but I'd hope there's some good variation going on. The road in that clip looked kinda boring.

I wish the player in that latest video could drive. :lol: Looks alright but hard to tell. Need more gameplay videos.

I know the Dakar goes through a lot of desert but I'd hope there's some good variation going on. The road in that clip looked kinda boring.
To be fair, that road was kind of slippery.

I have seen people complaining that "the game is boring". I guess not many people understand how the Dakar Rally works so here are the first two hours of the 9th stage of the 2016 Dakar Rally. The Dakar Rally is not supercross or Motorstorm, it is a lot more mental, it is about completing the route without destroying your vehicle or getting lost too often. The driving physics could be a lot better but, at least, they got the spirit basically 100% right.

It's a bit different I think though doing that as a driver and doing that on your couch. I think there's a reason that there are hardly any Dakar games and I don't believe it will make for a compelling or entertaining game experience. For it to work it had to be an absolutely hardcore simulation because that is the only crowd who will sit down for God know how long to complete it so I think as much as the casual won't enjoy it, the sim crowd won't either. I could be wrong and the videos could be deceiving and it could be hardcore AF but it doesn't look it and so far the 8-9 minute video I watched of a stage looked really dull.

I have seen people complaining that "the game is boring". I guess not many people understand how the Dakar Rally works so here are the first two hours of the 9th stage of the 2016 Dakar Rally. The Dakar Rally is not supercross or Motorstorm, it is a lot more mental, it is about completing the route without destroying your vehicle or getting lost too often. The driving physics could be a lot better but, at least, they got the spirit basically 100% right.

What I really meant was the road was seemingly smooth. But I think that's probably more an issue in how off-roading is modeled. So many games make it look so floaty.

Does anybody know when the game releases? Amazon seem to have pushed it back to the end of the year but none of the official feeds have mentioned anything.

A delay wouldn't surprise me given the lack of bike gameplay and a release to coincide with the 2019 rally would make a lot of sense.

Does anybody know when the game releases? Amazon seem to have pushed it back to the end of the year but none of the official feeds have mentioned anything.

A delay wouldn't surprise me given the lack of bike gameplay and a release to coincide with the 2019 rally would make a lot of sense.

Supposedly September 11th. At least that's what we were told.

Back