Dakar Desert Rally (PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX, PC) - Release date 2022

• Thread starter er185es
  • 284 comments
There are issues with wheels (Dakar '18 deja vu). Dev is working on fixes.

I have the same problem with Fanatec DD Pro on PS5: no FFB and maybe 30° rotation. I will use the controller until they fix it (Dakar '18 deja vu).
While I’m surprised and ironically NOT surprised, a week later and still no patch of ANY kind.

I don’t want to beat the dev up, and I don’t know anything about game development, but this isn’t thier first rodeo with bugs and issues.

Saber team, please let me introduce you to closed beta testing.

Dakar Desert Rally_20221016151734.png

Dakar Desert Rally_20221016153318.png

The patch definitely improved the saves and waypoint 'slowdowns' 👌

This game could be so good but,still no game saves even after hot fix,No FFB yet for fanatec wheels, very dodgey ai, very poor adjustments for 1 cockpit view , flat out across the whole course ,no need to slow down for 99 percent of the stage ,could be a lot better ,Xbox series x

Patch 1.4 released on PC

Gave up on waiting for a wheel fix so I started a Professional career with a bike. Never used a quad or bike in D18 and it’s actually nice taking a break from the codriver.

Now if only that pesky helicopter would stop hovering and following, hovering and following. It reminds me of ‘Tails’ from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Still, the game crashes occasionally on PS4. Heck the game self destructs in the bivouac if you go inactive for a while.

Can anyone on pc confirm that the dlc is available in sport mode?(not so clear from the patch notes)

Got a sponsorship invitation for a quad today; wasn’t as bad as expected. They have potential to spin, but feathering the throttle and anticipating weight shifting situations helped keep it in line. Using a controller.

Not my favorite vehicle though. The old fart in me still prefers the trucks when the FFB works.

Last edited:
Just realized the the classic bonus cars are awarded in Sport mode.

So the prize for challenging yourself by going directly to Professional mode is nothing? Fmeh 🙄

Just realized the the classic bonus cars are awarded in Sport mode.

So the prize for challenging yourself by going directly to Professional mode is nothing? Fmeh 🙄

That was already fixed in the PC patch. Should be on console soon.

Anyone unlocked the white Tatra that you can see in early race's(it's not listed in sport mode) ?

That was already fixed in the PC patch. Should be on console soon.
Good to hear. I’ve been monitoring the official Discord page and didn’t see that. The console update can’t come soon enough. 😐

Good to hear. I’ve been monitoring the official Discord page and didn’t see that. The console update can’t come soon enough. 😐
Agreed. I've stopped playing until it comes. I don't want to unlock the cars in the easiest mode, aside from anything else, the AI is garbage and belongs in wreckfest so it just kills the enjoyment in most events. Much rather be doing proper solo Dakaring to unlock stuff.

Agreed. I've stopped playing until it comes. I don't want to unlock the cars in the easiest mode, aside from anything else, the AI is garbage and belongs in wreckfest so it just kills the enjoyment in most events. Much rather be doing proper solo Dakaring to unlock stuff.
Well, in retrospect I’m never going to win all the events in Professional mode and unlock the bonus vehicles.

It’s just that I’ve tried Sport and it’s not for me, and as you said the AI is junk. The mode is just too arcade-like. This is not where I want to spend time to unlock cool content.

Paulo has confirmed some pretty awesome stuff on Discord. Like for example a hardcore simulation mode where there are no assists anymore for the vehicles

Would a Simulation guy like this game. Is it up to the level of WRC or is it even more Arcady?

I'm a "simulation guy" and from a physics standpoint the game is not a simulator. That said, this "simulation guy" loved Dakar 18 and is currently enjoying Dakar Desert Rally.

The game is good at simulating the event itself, but not so good simulating vehicle dynamics.

If you have an open mind and a yearning for something different you will probably enjoy it. If you are looking for an open world Richard Burns Rally you will be disappointed.

Kind of disappointed with FFB (TGT2), expected a bit more rallyesque but feels as if it was faster paced snowrunner. Tried to play with the settings a bit, is playable but I guess one of the worst there is on consoles, hopefully its improved over time to be more lively.

Back