Dakar Desert Rally (PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX, PC) - Release date 2022

• Thread starter er185es
  • 284 comments
FFB is not working on Xbox series x after the patch, going to be a long
Wait to use the wheel I fear, definitely regretting this purchase

I must say that after reaching the higher level and playing simulation mode, this is for me personally where the game shines. Stages of roughly 400 to 500 km will take about 35-45 min to complete and there is no mid-point saving so you'll need to follow your roadbook closely. Just awesome stuff and very D'18 like.

I like the bikes better prior to the patch. I had literally no problem with them and now find myself resorting to tinkering in the settings.

And I’ve hit a massive difficulty spike. After breezing through most of Professional mode finishing top 8 I can’t get past stage 2 of Neom 2020.

Haven’t attempted the wheel yet.

I like the bikes better prior to the patch. I had literally no problem with them and now find myself resorting to tinkering in the settings.

And I’ve hit a massive difficulty spike. After breezing through most of Professional mode finishing top 8 I can’t get past stage 2 of Neom 2020.

Haven’t attempted the wheel yet.
It's a tough event that one, of like Tabuk 21! I finished it but somewhere in the top 8. It has some really bumpy and rocky sections which leaves you behind against the AI. What I did: stiffen the suspension to max, put the ride height to max and put tire pressure on 24 or 25 psi (cars) that is. Haven't tried the bikes on this event yet.

It's a tough event that one, of like Tabuk 21! I finished it but somewhere in the top 8. It has some really bumpy and rocky sections which leaves you behind against the AI. What I did: stiffen the suspension to max, put the ride height to max and put tire pressure on 24 or 25 psi (cars) that is. Haven't tried the bikes on this event yet.
Just completed Algtaar with a 5th place. Basically had to memorize it and trust the traces. There was a particular masked waypoint around 14km that proved to be difficult to find…

About the handling, makes me wonder if the developer has all 5 vehicle classes meshed into a master handling setting, so when they fixed the wheel support it messes with something else. I have no idea. I’m starting to think wheel support is this dev’s Achilles heel. Maybe they should consider ditching it altogether. The game is still enjoyable on controller.

And has anyone noticed any performance difference between different teams? I don’t have enough teams and/or know them IRL to make any comparisons yet.

Just completed Algtaar with a 5th place. Basically had to memorize it and trust the traces. There was a particular masked waypoint around 14km that proved to be difficult to find…

About the handling, makes me wonder if the developer has all 5 vehicle classes meshed into a master handling setting, so when they fixed the wheel support it messes with something else. I have no idea. I’m starting to think wheel support is this dev’s Achilles heel. Maybe they should consider ditching it altogether. The game is still enjoyable on controller.

And has anyone noticed any performance difference between different teams? I don’t have enough teams and/or know them IRL to make any comparisons yet.
I have no idea concerning the wheel support. This is a game I purely play on controller since it focuses on navigation and not rallying or circuit racing.

I've been running the 3008 DKR or the classic cars but haven't noticed what impact the team figures have in the end.

I have no idea concerning the wheel support. This is a game I purely play on controller since it focuses on navigation and not rallying or circuit racing.

I've been running the 3008 DKR or the classic cars but haven't noticed what impact the team figures have in the end.
I tried my T300 on PS4 yesterday and the wheel support is good, nothing mind blowing out of the box. Similar to D18 and will require some tweaking in the settings eventually.

In the meantime I’m sticking with the bikes on controller in 3rd person view. Having a great time!

Last edited:
Hey @Scaff , not sure if you have unlocked simulation mode yet but look at this one 😃
20221104_161943.jpg

Took me 54min to complete it and I found it to be one of the greatest stages ever released in a game. The sheer variation and level of navigation are simply second to none here. Give it a go and let me know what you think of it 👍 Could be well worth a 'scaff' video 😊

Completed both events available in simulation mode. The other events will be added once the map DLC arrives on console. That doesn't kill the fun though. There are so many enjoyable stages and this morning I set myself to a journey. Running the simulation events with a quad/atv.

20221106_124130.jpg

Then this unlocked 🤟

Anyone try the Dakar Experience under the custom mode? Very cool, 45 min epic stages across the country. You can select simulation difficulty no matter your career progression. It was a blast in Ari Vatanen’s Peugeot.

Just don’t understand why cars are limited to 170 km/h max.

Anyone try the Dakar Experience under the custom mode? Very cool, 45 min epic stages across the country. You can select simulation difficulty no matter your career progression. It was a blast in Ari Vatanen’s Peugeot.

Just don’t understand why cars are limited to 170 km/h max.
It's in the current rules. That's why there is a speedlimit.

Created a vehicle list for this game :

CLASSMODEL202020212022CLASSICUNLOCKABLEPRE-ORDERDLC
CarsAudi RS Q E-TRONXStandard , DeluxeHybrid Vehicle Pack
CarsBorgward BX7 DKR EVOXXX
CarsCentury CR6XXX
CarsCitroën 2CV BI-BIP 2XSport , Professional
CarsCitroën DS 23 PallasXSport , Professional
CarsCitroën ZX Rally-RaidXSport , Professional
CarsFord Raptor Cross Country RS T1+X
CarsFord Raptor RS CROSS COUNTRYXX
CarsJefferies Racing The Beast 3.0X
CarsJefferies The Beast 4.0X
CarsMD Optimus EVO 3XXX
CarsMD Optimus EVO 4X
CarsMitsubishi Eclipse Cross ProtoX
CarsNissan Navara T1X
CarsPeugeot 205 T16 Grand-RaidXSport , Professional
CarsPeugeot 3008 DKRXXX
CarsPeugeot 405 T16 Grand-RaidXSport , ProfessionalDeluxe80' Legends Pack
CarsProdrive BRX HunterX
CarsProdrive Hunter T1+X
CarsRD Limited DXXXXX
CarsSMG 2WD BuggyXX
CarsSODICARS BV2XX
CarsSsangyong Korando DKRX
CarsToyota DKR HiluxX
CarsToyota Hilux IMAXXX
CarsToyota Hilux IRSX
BikesGasGas 450 Rally Factory ReplicaX
BikesGasGas RC 450 FXX
BikesHero 450 RRXXX
BikesHonda CRF 450 RallyXX
BikesHusqvarna 450 Rally Factory ReplicaX
BikesHusqvarna FR450 RallyXX
BikesKTM 450 RallyXXX
BikesKTM 450 Rally Factory ReplicaX
BikesPM42 M42 KATALINAXSport , Professional
BikesSherco 450 SEF RallyX
BikesSherco RTR 450 RallyXX
BikesYamaha WR 450 FXXX
TrucksDAF FAV 95.600 X1XDeluxe80' Legends Pack
TrucksHino 500XX
TrucksIveco Powerstar Evo 3XXX
TrucksIveco Powerstar KARELXXX
TrucksKamaz 43509XXX
TrucksKamaz 435091X
TrucksMAZ 5309 RRX
TrucksMAZ 6440 RRXX
TrucksPraga V4S DKRXXX
TrucksRenault C460XX
TrucksRenault CBH 385X
TrucksRenault K520XX
TrucksTatra PhoenixXXX
Quads / ATVYamaha Raptor 700XXX
SXSCan-Am Maverick XRSXXX
SXSCan-Am Maverick XRS SNAGXX
SXSOverdrive OT 3XX
SXSPH-Sport ZephyrXXX
SXSPolaris RZR 1000 TurboX
SXSPolaris RZR Pro XPX

and the current track list on consoles

MODEEVENTSTAGEDISTANCEDLCDLC
KilometersFreePaid
SportQualification
SportQualifications Dakar31.34
SportRed Sea Rally
SportDuba19.73
SportAbu Salama46.91
SportAlmuwaylih59.29
SportSharmaa71.42
SportDesert Wing Rally
SportAlmuwaylih64.41
SportAlmuwaylih76.31
SportAl Disah60.06
SportTrain Odyssey Rally
SportWadi Ainouhah100.11
SportTabuk91.85
SportShigry86.13
SportXtreme Rally
SportHalat Ammar98.74
SportAlsharaf112.94
SportAl Wajh 2020
SportWajh61.24
SportBada54.34
SportShigry70.09
SportAl Bad56.44
SportAl Mafraq80.80
SportNeom59.99
SportAl Ula 2020
SportNeom74.33
SportShigry90.65
SportAl Disah61.71
SportAbu Rakah79.19
SportAbu Salama92.44
SportAl Ula75.40
SportNeom 2020
SportSharma82.98
SportBir Ibn Hirmas81.34
SportAlgtaar52.77
SportAlsharaf57.36
SportMagna61.72
SportNeom56.47
SportAl Ula 2021
SportNeom38.34
SportTabuk54.95
SportAl Disah46.03
SportShuwaq39.20
SportAbu Rakah51.76
SportBada82.35
SportBir Al Qurr45.07
SportAl Ula52.00
SportNeom 2021
SportNeom62.49
SportGayal63.86
SportAlgtaar38.08
SportBijadih47.52
SportShigry53.55
SportAl Muwailey56.34
SportSharma71.45
SportNeom60.80
SportYanbu 2021
SportHalat Ammar65.56
SportTabuk49.86
SportMadain Saleh60.98
SportKhaybar54.89
SportAlbudaiya58.17
SportAl Mulaylih53.28
SportAl Figrah43.11
SportYanbu38.91
SportTabuk 2021
SportSakara76.46
SportSubayhah58.08
SportAl Hawi63.18
SportFajer53.95
SportHalat Ammar55.46
SportTabuk64.26
SportShigry56.63
SportNeom62.65
ProfessionalQualification
ProfessionalQualifications Dakar31.34
ProfessionalRed Sea Rally
ProfessionalDuba23.68
ProfessionalAbu Salama53.48
ProfessionalAlmuwaylih54.49
ProfessionalSharmaa72.59
ProfessionalDesert Wing Rally
ProfessionalAlmuwaylih77.86
ProfessionalAlmuwaylih94.80
ProfessionalAl Disah102.26
ProfessionalTrain Odyssey Rally
ProfessionalWadi Ainounah62.00
ProfessionalTabuk90.09
ProfessionalShigry92.05
ProfessionalXtreme Rally
ProfessionalHalat Ammar100.64
ProfessionalAlsharaf115.76
ProfessionalAl Wajh 2020
ProfessionalWajh114.39
ProfessionalShigry129.89
ProfessionalNeom143.05
ProfessionalAl Ula 2020
ProfessionalNeom133.05
ProfessionalAl Disah152.48
ProfessionalAl Ula156.14
ProfessionalNeom 2020
ProfessionalSharma169.26
ProfessionalAlgtaar113.76
ProfessionalNeom133.34
ProfessionalAl Ula 2021
ProfessionalNeom89.17
ProfessionalAl Disah90.90
ProfessionalAbu Rakah96.27
ProfessionalAl Ula98.48
ProfessionalNeom 2021
ProfessionalNeom153.29
ProfessionalAlgtaar140.38
ProfessionalShigry119.01
ProfessionalNeom134.96
ProfessionalYanbu 2021
ProfessionalAl Ula104.34
ProfessionalHalat Ammar122.10
ProfessionalAlbudaiya114.56
ProfessionalYanbu74.57
ProfessionalTabuk 2021
ProfessionalSakaka182.83
ProfessionalAl Hawi90.36
ProfessionalHalat Ammar134.44
ProfessionalNeom112.61
SimulationExpérience Dakar 2020
SimulationAl Wahj - Neom366.72
SimulationNeom - Neom415.43
SimulationNeom - Al Ula453.45
SimulationExpérience Dakar 2021
SimulationSakaka - Neom503.69
SimulationNeom - Neom501.98
SimulationNeom - Al Ula402.60
SimulationAl Ula - Yanbu452.76

Last edited:
Asking as someone who have no complete idea of how Dakar works, is this game fun ? I'm kinda want to try it after seeing how long the stages are.

Asking as someone who have no complete idea of how Dakar works, is this game fun ? I'm kinda want to try it after seeing how long the stages are.
I am a big fan of both Dakar titles done by this studio. Dakar Désert Rally ha a gradual introduction into rally-raid. Sportsmode let you start out in a pretty light way to discover the navigation items. You run short races against the AI with beacons to hit. Professionalmode is where the true navigation starts but you have a safety net which makes the game save your progress at every waypoint. You are alone on the track. Simulationmode gives you the long stages without any safety net. Navigation takes about 45 to 60 min per stage. I can't mention enough this isn't really a racing game but a navigation game. If you are using this approach you'll have a fantastic time in one of the most gorgeous landscapes to be found in any game. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am a big fan of both Dakar titles done by this studio. Dakar Désert Rally ha a gradual introduction into rally-raid. Sportsmode let you start out in a pretty light way to discover the navigation items. You run short races against the AI with beacons to hit. Professionalmode is where the true navigation starts but you have a safety net which makes the game save your progress at every waypoint. You are alone on the track. Simulationmode gives you the long stages without any safety net. Navigation takes about 45 to 60 min per stage. I can't mention enough this isn't really a racing game but a navigation game. If you are using this approach you'll have a fantastic time in one of the most gorgeous landscapes to be found in any game. Let me know if you have any questions.
Okay that sounds interesting for me. Professional mode sounds really cool with progress saving at waypoint. How's the AI and Handling ?

Okay that sounds interesting for me. Professional mode sounds really cool with progress saving at waypoint. How's the AI and Handling ?
The AI has been much improved but are sometimes a bit tof ast and sometimes to slow. The physics are a big step up from their previous title but don't expect AC's physics. By default some assists are on which currently can't be switched off. Patch 1.6 should allow this. I think physics are less arcady than Grid Legends or Forza Horizon and less simulation than PCars or AC. It hits a nice balanced middle ground which is fine seen the focus is really on navigation. You aren't shaving off 10ths of a second here 😉

The AI has been much improved but are sometimes a bit tof ast and sometimes to slow. The physics are a big step up from their previous title but don't expect AC's physics. By default some assists are on which currently can't be switched off. Patch 1.6 should allow this. I think physics are less arcady than Grid Legends or Forza Horizon and less simulation than PCars or AC. It hits a nice balanced middle ground which is fine seen the focus is really on navigation. You aren't shaving off 10ths of a second here 😉
Sounds great, I'm getting this I guess, thanks !

If I ever come across a bag of money that contains, say…. 150K or so. Doing Dakar is on my bucket list!!

Having said that, this game is probably the closest I’ll ever get, so it’s time I pony up $40 and get on board 😎

I bought it on Xbox and while I am enjoying it, I can't help but notice how terribly even performance mode runs on the Series X. What is this choppiness? The frames are pretty bad.

Put it on resolution mode and most likely your problems are gone
Resolution mode will be better than performance mode for frame rate? Really? I guess I can give it a try but the menus say that performance menu is supposed to output 60fps.

Last edited:
Resolution mode will be better than performance mode for frame rate? Really? I guess I can give it a try but the menus say that performance menu is supposed to output 60fps.

Set it to performance mode, close the game and then start the game again.

EDIT: wrong game LOL. But try it anyway...

Last edited:
Back