Damage photos here please!!!!

• Thread starter recca
  • 268 comments
5357254563_d89434858a_b.jpg

I haven't seen much of any damage but I've just been playing A and B-spec. I don't play online at all. At least in A and B, I have seen virtually nothing, and have by now done the bulk of the A and B events.

I did notice this a little while ago, though. It isn't exactly damage, at least not to the body, but the Toyoto 7 lost part of its decals. It became the "Toyot". I haven't personally seen rubbing off of decals until now.
C%C3%B4te%20d%27Azur.jpg

My bumper was starting to fall off a bit here.
N%C3%BCrburgring%20Nordschleife.jpg

I'm not at my PS3 at the moment, but someone take an Enzo to Trial Mountain and roll it over for a bit. See if you can land on the bumper. It malforms magnificently. Well, compared to other cars.
P.S : Post pics!

Why do people complain about the damage modeling? it's really really sad, its called the real driving "simulator" not the real driving "racer". If you want spectacular crashes, go play Burnout Paradise...

The engine Poly use for the damage is well coded too... It's weird but after a crash in Arcade in the R-35 GTR I could see the Bodywork Mold back to form in Real-Time.
Looked like something out of Stephen King's 'Christine'

I've seen it happen too, I was running test laps in practice mode while tuning a car and smacked the deep U hairpin mid-tunnel wall on deep forest, the car's nose looked like Owen Wilson's nose but within about 30 seconds of impact it had gradually straightened itself back out.

It's really a shame that stuff like windshields, lights and carbonfiber don't break. I really find the deformation very impressive, but now it's like everything is made of a soft metal, covered in clay or rubber so it doesn't scratch. Still glad they put in damage though. Now they have a good base to improve on, although I think we're going to have to wait for GT6 for the big improvements. Hopefully a bit more 'Racing' instead of 'Driving'- sim too.

Don't get me wrong, I love GT and the many good thing still outweight mistakes like these. Plus, if I want to crash on purpose, i'll play Burnout.

About the photo's: some of the heavy damage pics look very funny :P
And the lighter damage shots look quite impressive. Only thing I keep finding is the indestructible glass, but ok, I'll stop whining about that now. ;)

Latest Posts

Back