I bet you, if Gt4 had forza style damage, you would all go nuts.
"Ohhh I don't like damage, coz it makes my pwetty car all howwible"
Stop being such a big girls blouse.
And cosmic, don't recemend driver 3 to people, it's utter trash. No one deserves that game, if you want a GOOD driver style game, buy mafia on the PC (STRESS PC).
I also love the "kaz wouldn't do blah dee blah, because it wouldn't live up to his standards", BOLLOCKS. WHAT UTTER BOLLOCKS. While it's all very nice and all, you all sucking up to him as if he's some gaming god (cough online mode), you just don't see how amazing crash damage would be. Getting your car fixed after races, the added danger element, it would make racing 10 times more fun (please, shut up about this real driving simulator crap, I play to RACE, not go on sunday drives, as far as I'm concerned, it's a racing game with alot of cars). And jedi, carmagedon 2, real time damage. YEARS ago.
Ok imagine this (I'm going into the realms of John now lol). Your driving along, 2 cars in front of you fighting for 1st and 2nd place (this would take good AI), suddenly one of em loses control, it slams in to the car next to it, and knocks it in to the wall, causing it to roll over, parts flying off. Now wouldn't it be just ABIT cool, if all the bits getting ripped off hit your car, causing dents, broken glass etc, causing damage depending on exactly where it hit, and you actually had to dodge the wreckage at high speeds, because you know, one tap and it's race over. Gt will allways feel tame and safe, as long as the cars are stuck to the ground (tip limit....), have no damage, and rubbish AI. Plus that would also open the way for a banger racing mode

. if you can tell me that damage would add NOTHING to Gt, then you obviously enjoy watered down safe racing.
Would you want to trash a priceless piece of automotive history?
yes, I'd want to slam it in to a wall, again and again, until it EXPLODES. Then shoot it. It's a game John, so treat and talk about it as one.