Dampers

Say you're going around a left hand corner. Momentum shifts to the right hand side. The side which takes the weight (in this case the right hand side) is the bound side. The side that takes less of the weight (in this case the hand side) is the rebound side. It all has to do with springs. The spring which compresses is the bound. The side which expands is the rebound side.
Thanx
Mr GT2

Say you're going around a left hand corner. Momentum shifts to the right hand side. The side which takes the weight (in this case the right hand side) is the bound side. The side that takes less of the weight (in this case the hand side) is the rebound side. It all has to do with springs. The spring which compresses is the bound. The side which expands is the rebound side.
Thanx
Mr GT2 :confused: :(

Originally posted by Jazza
Thanx
Mr GT2 :confused: :(

Thanks Jazza. I knew about the springs etc. but didn't know the difference between the bound/rebound. Help was much appreciated.:)

"bound" is the shock's resistance to being compressed, whereas "rebound" is it's resistance to being extended.
A good rule of thumb is the bound setting should be roughly half the spring rate, and the rebound should be roughly equal to the spring rate. Both should be slightly less for lightweight cars and slightly more for heavy cars.
More on this in the settings foundry at http://pub5.ezboard.com/bthesettingsfoundry

Hey, Danpollard, I stuffed up!! Bound is actually resistance 2 contraction, rebound expansion!! Sorry 'bout that mate.

Back