Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,577 comments
Just to know : Are they 2 greats cars or are we gonna be "disappointed"?
Can't speak for everyone, I like them a lot, others might be disappointed.

How does data relate to game updates, ie new tracks, features etc.?

We heard about selling cars in the Used Car Dealership long before it arrived. Plus a VR showroom hinting towards PSVR2.

Would be interesting if there was anything related to, for example, B-Spec, Endurance Events, Missions. Even PS5 Pro such as additional options and modes like in-game Ray Tracing

Or maybe PD now keep these things heavily under wraps to stop leaks!
Without being too specific it's basically text data, so we can see things that have names like cars and tracks when present, entirely new engines (not when more cars receive an existing engine, e.g. if the R92CP engine showed up in another car I wouldn't know in advance), and any major features.

Last edited:
Can't speak for everyone, I like them a lot, others might be disappointed.
At this point people just want to know if more race cars are coming. If only to end the incessant complaints! Be it a new Hypercar, GT3 or classic like the GT-ONE. Just throw ‘em a bone!
Without being too specific it's basically text data, so we can see things that have names like cars and tracks when present, entirely new engines (not when more cars receive an existing engine, e.g. if the R92CP engine showed up in another car I wouldn't know in advance), and any major features.
Very interesting, thanks.

Regarding engines, it’s a huge missed opportunity not to have swaps for race cars. You’d think this would be less tricky to navigate (license wise) than engine swaps in road cars.

I really want alternative engines for Super Formula, Formula Gran Turismo and the Radical. Although the latter is technically a road car. We could create our own versions of Super Formula Lights, F2, F5000 etc.

I really want alternative engines for Super Formula, Formula Gran Turismo and the Radical. Although the latter is technically a road car. We could create our own versions of Super Formula Lights, F2, F5000 etc.
This!!!! If they had the right engine I would pay for the swap for a full field.

Regarding engines, it’s a huge missed opportunity not to have swaps for race cars. You’d think this would be less tricky to navigate (license wise) than engine swaps in road cars.

The S15 TC does have a VR38 NISMO swap - but doing that causes the car to lose eligibility for BoP races. I do welcome the idea of VK45DE swap for the Radical though.

I'm a complete tech noob, but I'm still curious nonetheless: how do you know what's coming in the next update? For example, the XJ220 has been in the list of the first page for a few months before finally being released. Is there something that tells you that an unreleased car is basically being finished up and primed for release immediately? And do PD not tend to sit on something that's been ready for awhile?

I'm a complete tech noob, but I'm still curious nonetheless: how do you know what's coming in the next update? For example, the XJ220 has been in the list of the first page for a few months before finally being released. Is there something that tells you that an unreleased car is basically being finished up and primed for release immediately? And do PD not tend to sit on something that's been ready for awhile?
It's a source that none of us want to give away too much about in case PD does something about it. The XJ220 is part of the earlier leak that was pulled from the game's own database, which has a few tables where there are indeed references of "things we're working on but not necessarily nearing release", whereas the source I look at now has things nearing release.

View attachment 1324031

Where it says car collection. 17% complete for this profile. Pulled the picture from the Spec II update on GT website.

Edit: Going to assume I am misreading this picture.

@TumeK5 so sooo much poo.
I know I am late with this but I am sure that what you see is how many cars you own out of how many are in the game. When they add cars, that number will go up.
It is not a hard cap of how many you can have but rather how many are available in the game.

I know I am late with this but I am sure that what you see is how many cars you own out of how many are in the game. When they add cars, that number will go up.
It is not a hard cap of how many you can have but rather how many are available in the game.
For sure! It's just that we do not have 500 different models in game yet so I was hesitantly grasping at straws for conversation sake while getting pooped on. Sometimes PD give the slightest of hints of what's come and I was thinking that may be a hint (with absolutely no confirming evidence, of course).

So you know what's coming as well? 🤔

Are they real (not concept or VGT) and frequently asked in wishlist? Just to know if I can be a bit hyped and then trying to guess in the February prediction thread :D
The ones I know of are real, no idea if they're in wishlists as I don't really check them.

I'm not sure if the Genesis VGT Gr1 is also in there but I don't think that's a surprise if it is.

Are they real (not concept or VGT) and frequently asked in wishlist? Just to know if I can be a bit hyped and then trying to guess in the February prediction thread :D

He said is not the Skoda VGT and one of them is on the original list, so I interpret that as not VGT/concept (even though I have the feeling the Gr1 version of the Genesis VGT could come on february or march update)

Agreed. Some people like Trabants. Some people collect aluminum foil. :)

What's not to like?
1707938636413.jpeg

They called it Rennpappe which literally translates to racing cardboard. This was pretty appropriate because the car was made out of cardboard.

This,

They dont need to be explicit on specific cars or tracks but taking last year cadency they can do something like this:

January - No update
February - 5 cars , 1 track
March - 5 cars, new layout (s)
April - 4 cars

Yeah, but “someone” on Twitter would still come out and confirm the cars before we can even start speculating over the silhouettes.

Just stuff all the the holes please.

God I hope PD does something about these leaks because while I think speculating is fun this “I know something that you don’t” game is not.

I have to fully agree with you. I sure appreciate the work and research modders do and I also understand the argument of "filling the gap between players and the lack of communication from PD", but I can't deny this "I know something that you don't" thing is really getting a bit out of hand.

It's like a premium subscription for the Gran Turismo community. If you got the privileges, you know what's coming in advance, if not, we'll laugh at you because we know something that you don't. This is honestly kind of harmful to the community environment. We should've been having fun together speculating, wishing, predicting and helping each other like the good old GT Sport update days.

We're not Polyphony Digital.

I think there's literally 3 people in the entire community who actually know this information. I think saying it's out of hand is a bit.. out of hand. They just happen to be here having a conversation with you.

It’s not about how many of them there are, but about how much space they take up.
The speculating over silhouettes for example is straight up over and so is the anticipation for a new update trailer.
I just really hope it stops.

It’s not about how many of them there are, but about how much space they take up.
The speculating over silhouettes for example is straight up over and so is the anticipation for a new update trailer.
I mean Nenkai has supposedly retired from Gran Turismo related endeavours. So I'd not expect those confirmations to come through anymore.

The conversations in here though are by far and large just discussions regarding how people are able to access the data moreso than anything else, and that's only stemming from a person who actually does know discrediting the postings of someone who doesn't.

Last edited:
I mean Nenkai has supposedly retired from Gran Turismo related endeavours. So I'd not expect those confirmations to come through anymore.

The conversations in here though are by far and large just discussions regarding how people are able to access the data moreso than anything else, and that's only stemming from a person who actually does know discrediting the postings of someone who doesn't.

Fair enough.

Didn’t know about Nenkai. That’s good news to me.

Nobody's stopping you from continuing to speculate in here. As long as the people who know what's coming can keep it to themselves (which has consistently been the case so far), you've got nothing to worry about.

Nobody's stopping you from continuing to speculate in here. As long as the people who know what's coming can keep it to themselves (which has consistently been the case so far), you've got nothing to worry about.

That’s not true though. In the past it would take Nenkai like five mins to "confirm" the cars shown in the silhouettes and it would take somebody else another minute or two to post his tweet here.
I'm very much in favor of people in the know keeping it to themselves - and that includes not teasing other members with their knowledge.

I know the intoxicating feeling of superiority you get from knowing something somebody else does not (a principle I see applied almost daily when I watch my kids argue), but please show some empathy for the people on the other side of it.

It's not fun.

That’s not true though. In the past it would take Nenkai like five mins to "confirm" the cars shown in the silhouettes and it would take somebody else another minute or two to post his tweet here.
I'm very much in favor of people in the know keeping it to themselves - and that includes not teasing other members with their knowledge.

I know the intoxicating feeling of superiority you get from knowing something somebody else does not (a principle I see applied almost daily when I watch my kids argue), but please show some empathy for the people on the other side of it.

It's not fun.
I get what you mean. I'll see if I can get Ad to keep it a mystery for you lot, since Nen's seemingly retired from anything GT-related.

It's not fun.
I'm personally not really interested in filling that role because I feel it brings a following I don't really want - on my socials I post about random car stuff and modding projects, and I would rather people follow me for that rather than just being "that GT leaker guy" and whatever ego may come with it. I haven't decided yet but I think if Nen has truly dropped GT and won't confirm the silhouettes anymore, then I won't be picking up where he left off. I do like to use it to correct the course, for example if misinfo has been posted that might set people up for disappointment, but I'm not interested in going around and directly namedropping cars (and I definitely don't want to be perceived as having an air of superiority).

I enjoy the run up to updates and the speculation on what it could be, and while I already have the info spoiled for myself I think it's more fun to just let things be.

Back