David48's Gallery - back from the dead

• Thread starter David48
  • 172 comments
~Update~

O.k. So I'm still working on the requests, but for now, this is my latest update. Just trying something different. I read a photoshop tutorial on it, and it took a while to get it adjusted to gimp. This is only my fourth attempt, so it's not perfect.

HPA golf at high speed ring

Last edited:
All are very nice. The 'tooned HPA Golf looks good - not my type of thing, but I appreciate that you have done it very well.

Can't wait to see the Mk1 Golf GTi, and the other requests.

I might start my own gallery soon - I'm going to have to get a good ammount of shots to start... I need lots of practice to get better shots as I lack imagination...

:lol: Looks really cartoonish, very funny. 👍 Good job, if every update from now on is like this, then I'm up for a laugh every day.

:lol: that's so funny it's gold! i love it! it looks like a hunch back, much like a cross between a beetle and a geo metro. good work man!

Thanks. Didn't think it would get this much of a response. Sorry CodenameL, but this is a one time thing.:lol: I just learned how to do it, so I wondered how it would look on GT4 cars.

Yay! That's a nice new update :dopey: And funny, too :lol: The car looks soo cute :)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Thanks for the Golf, it looks fantastic! The whole thing looks very life-like.

the updates are looking great! i love the second one. it really gives off that used car appeal. well done!

Hello! I haven't been on in a while because of my car being such a handful. Well, anyway, I got bored and this is my first attempt at making a stationary pic moving:crazy:, and one of the first times I've really worked on a real life pic. I know it has it's falts, but it is my first time. :D BTW, it's a '91 Toyota MR2. My dream car since I was 13. :D

91NA20adv-1.png

P.S. Ignore the scratches on the bumper. I didn't alter anything on the car.:guilty:

P.P.S. Ignore that it looks like it's about to run down a fence. I noticed it once it was too late.:lol:

Yes it looks like it's going to run into a fence ...and into a tree. Boy - what did the car ever do to you? :lol:

PS Nice car

Just noticed I've to thank you for the Colt you did 👍 And for your latest update, your car, there's one thing I can say: Very nice picture :)

Ummm... It is washed.:indiff: It's in desperate need of new paint. I did this pic because there was a thread on a different forum for "action" shots. But I don't have any, so I just made this in gimp as a quick joke.:D

With an automatic?:ill: Can't go very far with that.:ouch: That engine fire thing is easily preventable by re-doing some grounds. All of those fires you hear about are due to bad, decaying, 18yr old grounds.

This is my last real life picture update I promiss!

So the last time all of you had heard from me, I had an MR2 that was consuming all of my time here on GTP. Well, just about a week ago I traded it for a 92 Nissan 240SX. This one is 5spd, so I'm happier. And it's lower maintenance because it has fewer problems. :dopey: So more time I have free = more time on GTP = more time to edit GT4 shots! :D Yay! So anywho, here are a few shots. Now I'm going to try to knock some of the rust off of my gallery. :)

1992 Nissan 240SX Hatch back

Dad's used car dealer

click for full size

click for full size

It's not really that nice. That's just the wonder of gimp. ;) And btw, here it's a 240SX. Exactly the same, but bigger engine, and a few other minor differences like tailights.

sweet!! i hope there are no shock tower rust those cars are known for. man i'd go out of my way to get one of those in great shape, which we don't see much of where i am. good call on the switch though, you get more of a car with the 180sx. well done.

congrats on the nice new car buddy, and way to spotlight your dads business:tup:

:lol: Thanks! I did that shot to work on my progreesive blurring. The thing I don't like about it, is that I use a crappy point and shoot(all my money goes to the car) so it didn't focus on the first part of the decal, so then I sharpened it, but I kind of over sharpened. :ouch:

sweet!! i hope there are no shock tower rust those cars are known for. man i'd go out of my way to get one of those in great shape, which we don't see much of where i am. good call on the switch though, you get more of a car with the 180sx. well done.

No rust anywhere except a little bit on the hatch. I switched because this engine is a little bit faster, the trunk has more space than the trunk and frunk combined on the MR2, 5 spd, and it has four seats. :D

So, I've been wondering into the land of visual modifications with gimp, and I kind of like how it's going. Here's a mod list, if you will.:sly:

1. Lowered ride hight(even lower than the in game low)
  2. off center license plate
  3. enlarged rear wheels
  4. Nismo front wheels
  5. scoop in the skirt
  6. red painted caliper
  7. tow hook
  8. re-shaped rear fender
  9. and that's about all I can think of. There are a few more mods, but I forget. enjoy! :D

click here for original

Next up is a custom sil80, even though the game already has one, I'm going for something special. :)

Back