Daytona 24 Minute Race: Daytona Road Course

Came in 11th. Its not always about winning, but about enjoyment. Qould have been better if this was already part of Career instead of a Seasonal.

Thats great, i hope theyll add more endurance races in the future.
Like fuji 67 lap race with FGT, or classic Grand Valley 60laps endurance etc...

Do you have a pic of your finishing order? Not saying your claim isn't true, I'd just like to see it for other reasons.

I don't have a pic, but the gap of the AI cars on the scoreboard all say "1 lap" or "2 laps" instead of actual gap times.

Maybe it's bugged and I didn't lap them all. :confused:

Edit: I just watched the replay. Apparently, I did 15 laps and all AI cars did only 13 or 14 laps. I managed to cross the finish line on my 14th lap with 50 seconds to spare before the timer ran out. So I guess I was only leading the second place car by only a minute or so.

Last edited:
I couldn't be bothered. Especially with SRF forced and the typical GT AI, I would have more fun chewing on the end of a pen than driving with SRF in an LMP1/Group C car around any track.

On my second run, AI were not bad. There were actually 1st lap "racing incidents" between AI. 3 cars got tangled at the entrance to the bus stop and 3 others picking up speed on the banked turn after the bus stop. I found the AI 787B creeping to the pits by lap 4. I was able to run to lap 8 on RH tyres using my 15th Anniv R18 and finish with lhs tyres @5 and rhs tyres @4. Thing is, I was 2nd until the Pescarolo bumped me from behind at turn 1 and knocked me off the track. I finished 3rd 6 seconds behind 1st place.

1Ay4eJg.jpg

Last edited:
On my second run, AI were not bad. There were actually 1st lap "racing incidents" between AI. 3 cars got tangled at the entrance to the bus stop and 3 others picking up speed on the banked turn after the bus stop. I found the AI 787B creeping to the pits by lap 4. I was able to run to lap 8 on RH tyres using my 15th Anniv R18 and finish with lhs tyres @5 and rhs tyres @4. Thing is, I was 2nd until the Pescarolo bumped me from behind at turn 1 and knocked me off the track. I finished 3rd 6 seconds behind 1st place.
R18 setup please? I only really have that and a Pescarolo to work with

Power: 100% 796hp w/ Mid RPMTurbo Kit; 683pp
Weight: 900kg

Suspension:
80/80
19.58/18.28
4/4
8/8
3/3
3.0/2.0
0.00/0.00
Brakes: 5/3

Drivetrain: 380km/h
Transmission:
Final Gear: 3.500
LSD: 37/52/5

Body: 455/680

Power: 100% 796hp w/ Mid RPMTurbo Kit; 683pp
Weight: 900kg

Suspension:
80/80
19.58/18.28
4/4
8/8
3/3
3.0/2.0
0.00/0.00
Brakes: 5/3

Drivetrain: 380km/h
Transmission:
Final Gear: 3.500
LSD: 37/52/5

Body: 455/680
Many thanks

Did it again with the Peugeot 908.

Also did 15 laps and AI only finished 13 or 14. It surely was a lot easier to handle than the C60 Hybride. Both were Praiano's tunes by the way.

It went like this:

6 laps (RH) -> pit -> 6 laps (RH) -> pit -> 3 laps (RS)

Really easy event) Done from the first time on Pescarolo C60 Hybride with Priano's suspension and LSD settings!
Time between me and second place (Judd) was 35 seconds.
Start with Racing Soft and after thirst pit - racing hard to finish!
AI was really stupid! On thirst lap after chicana on the last straight there was big crash with 5-6 cars) On second lap Audi R10 has turned around before second turn and Mercedes in chicana) After that, on 3 lap, Peugeot has turn around in second turn! So, it was really easy...
If i do this race another time, will i receive 800 000 another time?

.............This kind of races truly expose the weaknesses in GT6. All the things lot of folks bang on about are all laid bare in this race....
1. Inconsistent AI behavior: in one corner, it's a re-incarnation of Senna, next corner, with no reason whatsoever, it's a massive pile-up. Eh????
2. AI lead car pitting only ONCE. And yes, I watched the replay, 'cuz I couldn't close the gap no matter how hard I pushed.
3. Rains for almost a full lap with 0% showing on "surface water". Then when I enter the pit, it jumps to 10%. By the time I exit the pit, it's nearly 30%. WTF??
4. Extreme rubber-banding: I'm in third, final lap, and second-place car is ahead by 14-15 sec. Then at the pit straight, it slows down to 60mph. EEEEhhhh??? I pass it as if it weren't moving at all.
5. In the lap directly after tyre change, tyres just becoming "unresponsive" - I need to brake much earlier, turn like it's made of ice - then in very next lap, it's back to normal. ????
6. I exit the pit, AI car rams me in the side, AND I RECEIVE THE PENALTY???? Really??
7. SRF forced on again?? I'm almost two seconds quicker with it off.....

Before you think I'm making some of this stuff up because I can't finish the race, I did gold it. Above "issues" reared their heads during half a dozen races I ran with different cars. I even left out inconsistent tyre wear - in one race I saw nearly a quarter of rear left tyre disappearing within a space of couple of corners.

Yes, I had a good time doing this race, but PDI, please just bring out "real" enduro races.....

Man the way they change the physics of the cars is super hard to get used too, though on my first effort I managed to win, despite spinning off 3-4 times(?)... It's a real shame that they have so little options of aids and force SRF on... it really ruins the event... it's also a shame the AI are of no challenge what so ever, even playing with strange physics and a car that isn't set up in any way for that track I was able to easily win and then even slow down on the last two laps so I only had to do 15 laps instead of 16...

It's also a shame that the only thing you get as a reward is money... like I have 16m credits and most of the cars in the game... what use is 800k ?

Just for a laugh, I tuck out the WSR F3, 2 laps down but what a blast it was, Will have go at winning in my 787b later

After lots of dodging and spins I finally did it in my 905 which surprisingly flew through the race overlapping only 3 cars and finishing ahead of 2nd by 15s. Next up 787B

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay positive, but it's not easy. Here's my thoughts...

1. I'm a part time racer, maybe 5 hours a week I can devote to this game.
2. I'm an "average driver" not nearly as good as you all, but I have got all 27 stars in the super S in career mode, so I'm not terrible.
3. I've noticed a hardness progression starting maybe 2 years ago or so, meaning, it's getting harder and harder to get gold on the time trials and seasonals.
4. I don't like them forcing any option on or off, would prefer to make our own choices in our own game.
5. This particular challenge is way too difficult in my opinion. How can I hold the 24 minutes of Le Mans, but get beat by over a minute in both my attempts here?
6. I used to enjoy this game a lot more before they ramped up the hardness.
7. My thoughts are... Why not make it obtainable for part time racers like me? If the great drivers are thinking it too easy, aren't there over 500 cars and millions of ways to set up those cars to make this and whatever challenge as hard or easy as you want it?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm frustrated, and would like more than 8 thousand credits for getting a hand cramp after 2 tries and 50 minutes of racing :(

Edit: went a third time with the Audi R8 race car, got 6th, 39 seconds behind the leader, but did take two pit stops, not sure how you all do it in one, but if I can figure that out, it might be pretty close.

I really just think with all the options available to us in this game, it's a shame to tweak it to one set of drivers, I think if they let us use these options to the fullest, everyone would be happy.

Last edited:
When I did see this Seasonal Race it reminded me on this video, where they did promote the winning car of the Daytona 24 hours in 1990 - the Jaguar XJR-9, with interesting historical footage and driver interview:

By the way: That car will be auctioned on 14. March 2015 (http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1071831). I will stay with GT6 - the car there is much cheaper :lol:

I think I will try to win this Seasonal with the Jag.

Won by some 20 seconds with a 2J and that was with many mistakes. Don't know if it's just me but most corners have NO reference points for braking so had quite a few off-track excursions. Also the front tires were completely flat in the last lap. :D

Back