Daytona 24 Minute Race: Daytona Road Course

image.jpg

Close to 24. Ran out of gas.

Won this on first attempt. Used the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd 05. Thanks to Praiano for the tune. Ran racing hard tires the whole race and pitted once. Slowed down on last lap to run out the clock. Not down with the SRF being locked on. Didn't encounter any rain. Will give a few other cars a shot.

Actually I find this seasonal rather easy. Was driving stock Toyota GT-ONE I think and didn't really need to push very hard and I won by 23 seconds. 2 pit stops.

Therein lies the grand problem with the GT franchise at the moment... at least in terms of the single player.

It's always been the problem of GT! It's a bit better now, in the past you could upgrade a car to oblivion and win
easy races. I try and not race a too overpowered car or it becomes boring.

I really don't like this track, I think it's the lack of track furniture, to use a braking references!

Won with a lap on the field, despite half of that lap being in limp home mode as I ran out of fuel :embarrassed:

Just enough gap to the second place machine when time expired, got very lucky I think :D

1 stop on racing hards using the Bentley Speed 8.

Daytona is a pretty challenging course. At least in Circuit de la Sarthe you still have time relax a bit on the straights.

.............Usually I agree with your posts but heh, not this one. Longer enduros mean that you can kiss that super annoying accelerated tyre wear/fuel depletion/time progression good bye. Methinks PDI decided that since we have mock enduros we need to receive tyres that literally wear out in matter of corners. And fuel consumption that rivals a 747. On take-off, no less. And a finicky weather that wants to show you what Moses had to deal with. In a matter of seconds. :lol:

I am one of those sadomasochists that loves to punish my self with whoop-ass loooong enduros so yeah, I'd love to see it return. Dunno if I have time to do them, but still.....:D

It would be nice if PD at least split the difference and gave us endurance events in the 1-4 hour range. The '24 hours in 24 minutes' offerings are getting a little stale. In GT4 & GT5 my favorite endurance race was the Nurb 4 hour.

I agree with the other post about the oddity of having 24 hour events in GT4 when there were no day/night transitions. Now that GT6 has the best looking sunrise/sunset/nighttime graphics, there's no decent single player event where the sun doesn't rise and/or set in more than a minute.

I tried it in the Deltawing with RH tires and finished dead last, two laps down. I could not do a single lap without spinning it out somewhere. For someone who's played GT since the very first came out, I'm not very good at it.

This was ridiculous.

After a few laps to play with brake balance, I restarted and won my first complete attempt. But I shouldn't have!

I used RS tires, so two pits were necessary. However, I misjudged the fuel I needed and had to take a THIRD PIT two laps before the finish.

When I pitted, I was six seconds in the lead (despite a spinout, collision penalty, and penalty for speeding in pits). When I returned to the track, I was 26 seconds behind the new leader, and in 6th place.

I won by nearly 10 seconds! It's like they stopped competing.

Only going to use two cars for this:

Nissan R92CP

Jaguar XJR9

Should be easy for me to win this. Abit bold I'll admit considering I haven't even tried it yet, but I know both those cars so well and know the track that well so I hardly expect to fail at this.

I like that we even get this event, but it should be available forever in the Super section. Although, Maybe there's a reason why it isn't. Tried this with a 787B, tires kept giving out the lap after I pitted, the AI is stranger than normal (I kept getting rammed in the pits and I spun out, like wtf!?), and the penalties are stupid. Not to mention SRF forced off and the random weather. Got 6th after a few restarts, I guess it's ok. Might try again if I feel like wasting more time on this event..

Finally got around to this... my review. Used a Pug 908... won the first time, lost the second for a reason I will get to.

What I like:

• AI have genuine pace and were outbraking me and passing at times. They also make realistic mistakes. Makes me want a real endurance race against them.
  • Opponent selection is good... though some GT cars to add traffic would have been nice.
  • Random weather. Nuff said.
  • AI pit strategy is good nothing too stupid.
What I dont like:

• SRF on... absolutely no feeling in the car and random spins. Frustrating.
  • Tire wear... waaaaaaay too strong IMO.
  • Any car that doesn't cross the line before the 24 minutes is up on the last lap is flagged off... which makes no sense. I lost the second race because I crossed the line at 24 min 01 sec... and was catching the lead Pescarolo.
  • This event isn't permanent.
  • This event isn't 24 hours.

Whoa all you SRF haters pls keep to yourselves! If you can wail at how you hate it to be forced on, then I should be allowed to wail at how the Time Trails are STUPIDLY forced off!

Keep to yourselves and enjoy the race! GRAN TURISMO 6 is made for all players, not just for you all hardcore junkies who can splash money on a good steering wheel to play how you like it. So spare a thought for the casual players and to those who can't play without driving aids!

BTW I won my race with TCS: 1, ABS: 10, Active Steering: Strong using 787B Stealth. And it's 5 seconds faster than my last play when Active Steering: Off.

Whoa all you SRF haters pls keep to yourselves! If you can wail at how you hate it to be forced on, then I should be allowed to wail at how the Time Trails are STUPIDLY forced off!

Keep to yourselves and enjoy the race! GRAN TURISMO 6 is made for all players, not just for you all hardcore junkies who can splash money on a good steering wheel to play how you like it. So spare a thought for the casual players and to those who can't play without driving aids!

BTW I won my race with TCS: 1, ABS: 10, Active Steering: Strong using 787B Stealth. And it's 5 seconds faster than my last play when Active Steering: Off.

lol

So forcing SRF on is making GT for everybody huh?

Thanks for being the reason Gran Turismo is held back from its potential. We really appreciate it.

Wow. Thirteen minutes into the race and I decide to pit but for some bizzare reason, my pit crew isn't there to refuel/change tires, so I just cruised through and came out with a car that still had worn tires and low fuel. I immediately quit after that. What a waste of my time. Please fix these glitches, PD. 👎

6DA827CB-D927-48FE-889F-2E46AACEFA88_zpsop8ci4mc.gif

Bought the R92 thinking the HPs on it would be beneficial in the curves. Dead wrong. This car handles horribly and spins all over the place, and that's with Praiano's tune. It's so very not to my driving style.

I think I'll get the 787 since everyone's talking about it.

I did it with the 908 HDi
I tuned it to meet the regulations, i drove with all assists off
Made my stops on laps 6 and 12 while racing with RHard tyres, for my last stop i put RSofts on and was catching the leader and passed him at the exit of last banking in the bus chicane.
It wasnt perfect, i had some offs, spin and probably a penalty or two for ramming cuz i braked a bit late.
But despite it all i came out on top and won by 1sec.

It's so very not to my driving style.

Put the springs and dampers low as they go. Put camber and toe at 0. Turn the brakes down. Put the downforce all the way up.

If the car is still tough, add a little front stiffness or rear ride height.

Most importantly though, drive like an endurance race, not a time attack.

lol

So forcing SRF on is making GT for everybody huh?

Thanks for being the reason Gran Turismo is held back from its potential. We really appreciate it.

Gran Turismo NEVER held back from its potential. Everyone deserves to enjoy the game be it serious junkies like you and casuals like me. Or are you implying casual gamers to be banned from this site for using driving aids in their games?

Whoa what an a-hole.

Put the springs and dampers low as they go. Put camber and toe at 0. Turn the brakes down. Put the downforce all the way up.

If the car is still tough, add a little front stiffness or rear ride height.

Most importantly though, drive like an endurance race, not a time attack.

Thanks, might try that.

For now, I turned on ASM and put AS to mild. It's much easier to handle now, though it feels like cheating, lol.

Back