Daytona 24 Minute Race: Daytona Road Course

The Toyota TS030 gets eaten on the straight(well being I think 70pp down does that). but can sorta keep up because of why? No idea, AI seems to pit excessively since its a 1 stop race on RH/RS and I ended up 5th because I spun like 5 times, about 15 sec down. Tried again on RM/RM and almost won but I am half lap short on fuel. Might try a 2 stopping RS/RS/RS. How badly do AI slow down here? It seems like I am running slower laptime but somehow was climbing the order. Or its just they just kept stopping? Also they seem to do the bus stop really badly...

On RMs I can do pretty consistent 1:35-1:36s before tire wear really becomes a problem when it gets under 6. The thing will only do 190 something mph with the aero level I was running in the draft.

Managed to do this one, Got a 3 second penalty for a bump. Then got a 5 second penalty for ramming in the bus stop that I didn't do. Then the random rain though :banghead: then it stopped. Probably helped me with my tyres just enough to get in my last window.

Edit: I also couldn't use the horn. There was no horn. :(

Last edited:
I used the Mazda 787B with softs and I won by 6.3 seconds.

Thanks for the hint to the Mazda 787B !
Using Praiano's tune and hard tyres, I won by something like 11,xxx seconds.
2 pit stops after laps 6 and 12, always on racing hard (also in the rain, but I think it does not rain in every race, have done at least 2 attempts with other cars where it didn't rain! :confused:
Weird also... the final leaderboard indicated, that I have lapped all other cars, but how can this be, when I won by 11 seconds only???
:confused::banghead::confused:
At the pit stop after lap 12, the game proposes to fill the tank full, even though a half refill is enough. But apparently that didn't save me any time, since it took another 5-6 seconds until they released the car from the pit. Could it be it takes them so Long to Change tyres (longer than to half-fill the tank?)? :confused::banghead::confused:

Last edited:
Not too good with the LMP cars but it was an easy win with the Judd Hybrid detuned to 691 (@praiano63 tune: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-26#post-9155074) and with traction control and ASM on. Painful waiting for the power to kick in out of the corners but at least the tyres lasted longer. Ended up 40 seconds in front with 3 stops for RH and fuel. Steady 1:30 laps.

Hated running with traction control and stability management but that particular Judd is a bit of an animal without them. If you can control the throttle without them, you'll destroy the field.

Tried a stock Sauber C9 but it wears the rear right tyre too quick. Lap times around 1:35.

Edit: No idea why I said 3 stops. I meant 2.

Last edited:
Yes, I had a good time doing this race, but PDI, please just bring out "real" enduro races.....
Making the race longer will just mean more of the same rubber banding, crappy AI, wonky weather and tire wear etc. It's actually a blessing that they shortened them to only 24 minutes
smiley-laughing016.gif

Using a tune by praiano63 on my 787B with RH Tyres and the car was amazing to drive. So thank you for the tune 👍

Did the race twice as I made the mistake of pitting with 3 mins to go and dropped to 4th in my first attempt. I did the race again and really enjoyed it but I am one seriously lucky girly :nervous:

Picture below will explain and I did almost half a lap like that. Didn't think I'd win but managed it. Phew!!! :eek:

30jscjl.jpg

I don't have a pic, but the gap of the AI cars on the scoreboard all say "1 lap" or "2 laps" instead of actual gap times.

Maybe it's bugged and I didn't lap them all. :confused:

Edit: I just watched the replay. Apparently, I did 15 laps and all AI cars did only 13 or 14 laps. I managed to cross the finish line on my 14th lap with 50 seconds to spare before the timer ran out. So I guess I was only leading the second place car by only a minute or so.

The timing system in the GT endurance races is a bit weird. If the race time runs out before they cross the line to start the lap you're on, it'll finish their race and count them as a lap behind despite the fact that you're still on the final lap. What should happen is everyone keeps racing until the leader crosses the line after the time has run to 0, then they all finish the lap they're on. I lapped a few cars in the race I did, but all of the field showed as 1 lap down because I started my 15th lap with 30ish seconds to go and the gap to second was larger, so they all crossed the line to start lap 15 after the time ran out which ended their race.

I have a few issues with PD doing this event. They force SRF on, not sure why because it makes everything feel like it's pivoting around the centre of the car. The overwhelming majority of the LMPs and Group C cars in this game have way too much power compared to the real car, therefore at Daytona they can hit way higher top speeds than they should do. The bus stop is still wrong after all these years, I don't know why they never changed it to use the correct layout. The pit exit can be avoided which is also completely wrong for Daytona, you don't just drive straight back onto the track at the pit exit.

I won the race first try with the Jaguar XJR-9 limited to the amount of power it should have, ran RH throughout, pitted twice, easy win. Can run 1:31's in traffic so it's easily quick enough. The AI either pits every 2-3 laps or crashes at the bus stop and holds up a load of other cars. Not sure I'll bother doing it again because the track is wrong and SRF just annoys me on MR cars.

Making the race longer will just mean more of the same rubber banding, crappy AI, wonky weather and tire wear etc. It's actually a blessing that they shortened them to only 24 minutes
smiley-laughing016.gif

Strongly disagree. Endurance is an essential part of GT.

Strange you could have it in GT4 with no day/night or weather but now that everything is more 'realistic' 24 minutes now constitutes 'endurance'. Stupid.

Besides... rubber banding doesn't really have an effect once if you are skilled enough to be much faster than the AI. :P

but did take two pit stops, not sure how you all do it in one, but if I can figure that out, it might be pretty close.

You have to focus on not destroying the tires and also, not pay attention to them, and adjust to them fading away. Had I not done this event in one stop, I'd not have 2 cents to throw in. But I did, so I am. :)

It's that gas gauge that gets me.

Also, there's brake markers, just gotta find em. Look at the poles in the distance. Lotta stuff out there.

I did it with two stops using the Peugeot 905B .. rs/rs/rm .. when they are fresh the lap times are 1:28-32, when they go below 6 all round the lap times are 30-34 :D ....had a few outrageous penalties tho :mad: and a spin or two. :embarrassed: I slowed down to the finish line in the last ten seconds on lap 14 and rolled over it at 24:01 with the Pescarolo C60 hybride crossing the line at +7.5

Doubt i'll be going back with other cars, the AI's behavior is :eek: :dopey: and the penalty system is 🤬 :dunce:
and forced SRF spoils any fun that could be had, it cannot really be called an expert race.
It's ......
1f4a9-google-android.png

Strange you could have it in GT4 with no day/night or weather but now that everything is more 'realistic' 24 minutes now constitutes 'endurance'. Stupid.

Besides... rubber banding doesn't really have an effect once if you are skilled enough to be much faster than the AI. :P

After all this time, now I know what my problem has been.

I did it with two stops using the Peugeot 905B .. rs/rs/rm .. when they are fresh the lap times are 1:28-32, when they go below 6 all round the lap times are 30-34 :D ....had a few outrageous penalties tho :mad: and a spin or two. :embarrassed: I slowed down to the finish line in the last ten seconds on lap 14 and rolled over it at 24:01 with the Pescarolo C60 hybride crossing the line at +7.5

Doubt i'll be going back with other cars, the AI's behavior is :eek: :dopey: and the penalty system is 🤬 :dunce:
and forced SRF spoils any fun that could be had, it cannot really be called an expert race.
It's ......
View attachment 296420
:lol: :lol: :lol: Love that Graphic 👍 This is one weird race :dopey: :crazy: :boggled: :odd:

So I won with some seconds to spare in my Mazda 787B using Priano's tune with racing hards

HboF7XA.jpg

Edit: I bought a V12 LMR and used Priano's Tune on racing hards and got second... Going to go again for 1st

Edit 2: I got first place after changing up my pitting strategy
nArDah3.jpg

So it seems like any car can work as long as you have a good tune and pitting strategy

Last edited:
Peugeot 908 - Default settings - ABS off - Racing hard

Won by 8 sec with just one pitstop at around 12 min . No rain at all. On the Iast lap I had a 25 secs advantage with 17 secs left to reach the 24 min limit so I decided to stop before finish line to avoid an extra lap. :lol:

Racing hard on both stints, 94 liters of fuel on pitstop.

Anyone else making two pitstops and even three! It speaks from itself on how the AI is 👎

Will give a proper try later, but had few laps in R18, handling is horrible, then tried C60,same thing.Bit of tuning later.

Just a thought, would of been nice to have a DP/GTLM/GTD DLC for this one.

Will give a proper try later, but had few laps in R18, handling is horrible, then tried C60,same thing.Bit of tuning later.

Just a thought, would of been nice to have a DP/GTLM/GTD DLC for this one.

Add rear downforce to the R18, improves it immensely.

Thanks for the hint to the Mazda 787B !
Using Praiano's tune and hard tyres, I won by something like 11,xxx seconds.
2 pit stops after laps 6 and 12, always on racing hard (also in the rain, but I think it does not rain in every race, have done at least 2 attempts with other cars where it didn't rain! :confused:
Weird also... the final leaderboard indicated, that I have lapped all other cars, but how can this be, when I won by 11 seconds only???
:confused::banghead::confused:
At the pit stop after lap 12, the game proposes to fill the tank full, even though a half refill is enough. But apparently that didn't save me any time, since it took another 5-6 seconds until they released the car from the pit. Could it be it takes them so Long to Change tyres (longer than to half-fill the tank?)? :confused::banghead::confused:

Yea its one of those cars that it's oneof those cars that is good for an hard event like this.

I have a tune where you go to the tune section when you at the homepage. If you use this tune I would pit every 4 or 5 laps for better adventage.

The timing system in the GT endurance races is a bit weird. If the race time runs out before they cross the line to start the lap you're on, it'll finish their race and count them as a lap behind despite the fact that you're still on the final lap. What should happen is everyone keeps racing until the leader crosses the line after the time has run to 0, then they all finish the lap they're on. I lapped a few cars in the race I did, but all of the field showed as 1 lap down because I started my 15th lap with 30ish seconds to go and the gap to second was larger, so they all crossed the line to start lap 15 after the time ran out which ended their race.

I have a few issues with PD doing this event. They force SRF on, not sure why because it makes everything feel like it's pivoting around the centre of the car. The overwhelming majority of the LMPs and Group C cars in this game have way too much power compared to the real car, therefore at Daytona they can hit way higher top speeds than they should do. The bus stop is still wrong after all these years, I don't know why they never changed it to use the correct layout. The pit exit can be avoided which is also completely wrong for Daytona, you don't just drive straight back onto the track at the pit exit.

I won the race first try with the Jaguar XJR-9 limited to the amount of power it should have, ran RH throughout, pitted twice, easy win. Can run 1:31's in traffic so it's easily quick enough. The AI either pits every 2-3 laps or crashes at the bus stop and holds up a load of other cars. Not sure I'll bother doing it again because the track is wrong and SRF just annoys me on MR cars.

That is what I was trying to figure out when I questioned @BMWcrazy post earlier. Thanks for the clear explanation as I kinda figured something like that was happening.

.............This kind of races truly expose the weaknesses in GT6. All the things lot of folks bang on about are all laid bare in this race....
1. Inconsistent AI behavior: in one corner, it's a re-incarnation of Senna, next corner, with no reason whatsoever, it's a massive pile-up. Eh????
2. AI lead car pitting only ONCE. And yes, I watched the replay, 'cuz I couldn't close the gap no matter how hard I pushed.
3. Rains for almost a full lap with 0% showing on "surface water". Then when I enter the pit, it jumps to 10%. By the time I exit the pit, it's nearly 30%. WTF??
4. Extreme rubber-banding: I'm in third, final lap, and second-place car is ahead by 14-15 sec. Then at the pit straight, it slows down to 60mph. EEEEhhhh??? I pass it as if it weren't moving at all.
5. In the lap directly after tyre change, tyres just becoming "unresponsive" - I need to brake much earlier, turn like it's made of ice - then in very next lap, it's back to normal. ????
6. I exit the pit, AI car rams me in the side, AND I RECEIVE THE PENALTY???? Really??
7. SRF forced on again?? I'm almost two seconds quicker with it off.....

Before you think I'm making some of this stuff up because I can't finish the race, I did gold it. Above "issues" reared their heads during half a dozen races I ran with different cars. I even left out inconsistent tyre wear - in one race I saw nearly a quarter of rear left tyre disappearing within a space of couple of corners.

Yes, I had a good time doing this race, but PDI, please just bring out "real" enduro races.....

Any and all AI will always have randomness programmed in, lest they truly be on rails with no mistakes ever. Sometimes the randomness stacks up and you see odd things. Not really PD's fault, nor a weakness exclusive to GT.

3 and 5 are tied to the sped up time lapse I believe. Compressing time like that will cause things to look weird, even though they aren't (just sped up, so appear to happen in hops or dramatically).

7 is actually just as well. IF the AI could have SRF off it's be fine. But in high speed events, especially with weather, because the AI is such a pain, their use of SRF really screws you if you aren't using it as well. This is the real problem that PD can be blamed for. The AI is clearly there just to make life difficult for us, and not to actually be competition. This is the reason for the rubber-banding, but even that isn't so bad compared to the single blocking tactics, group blocking, brake checking, rear-ending, pitt maneuvering, and then adding on penalizing you for their conduct, etc. I have become convinced in 6 that the cars behind first (and maybe 2nd) coordinate to prevent you from getting to the lead. Occasionally they swap places, but mostly they putter around until you show up, then block, if you slow down, they practically stop. If you try to pass, they attempt to spin you out, if you get past, they speed up to hit you or cause an error. If you get to a group, they wait until you are close and then spread out. Many people have claimed they are just on the line and ignorant of all around them, my experience shows they are fully aware of you, and work to stymie you, not to out-race you.

If you're that much faster than the AI what's the point of racing:confused:

After all this time, now I know what my problem has been.
I think you need to practice more:D

Oh, congratulations on your recent WRS 4th place overall. 👍👍

If you're that much faster than the AI what's the point of racing:confused:

I think you need to practice more:D

Oh, congratulations on your recent WRS 4th place overall. 👍👍

Yea, guess I don't practice as much as I should. :sly:

And thanks, I guess all my practice is finally paying off. :sly: :lol:

Tart time racer--if you're not using the tunes posted on the tuning forum, give them a try. I find the races much easier with the right car choice and a tune modified for the track I'm racing. Hope this helps.

smiley-laughing016.gif

.............Usually I agree with your posts but heh, not this one. Longer enduros mean that you can kiss that super annoying accelerated tyre wear/fuel depletion/time progression good bye. Methinks PDI decided that since we have mock enduros we need to receive tyres that literally wear out in matter of corners. And fuel consumption that rivals a 747. On take-off, no less. And a finicky weather that wants to show you what Moses had to deal with. In a matter of seconds. :lol:

I am one of those sadomasochists that loves to punish my self with whoop-ass loooong enduros so yeah, I'd love to see it return. Dunno if I have time to do them, but still.....:D

Back