Daytona 24 Minute Race: Daytona Road Course

Brakes at 2 front and rear at 0 are great. Modulation. If your front tires are getting killed then put rear brake up to 1. Really handy to have the race adjustment window here, in a long race where making those adjustments during the race can really help save the tires.

Also try coasting a bit more into turn 1, let the car settle. And realize its got a straight-ish section between corners. And watch your mirror cause the AI can be fast through there. They kill their tires there though.

Only 9 days left of this. 👎

Brakes at 2 front and rear at 0 are great. Modulation. If your front tires are getting killed then put rear brake up to 1. Really handy to have the race adjustment window here, in a long race where making those adjustments during the race can really help save the tires.

Also try coasting a bit more into turn 1, let the car settle. And realize its got a straight-ish section between corners. And watch your mirror cause the AI can be fast through there. They kill their tires there though.

Only 9 days left of this. 👎
Great coryclifford. Yes, let the car settle while coasting into turn 1 and that will work fine and hang on to the steering wheel for IA car coming at you. I just cut them to the outside and take the inside line.

Exactly, stay away from the ai if at all possible, I will slow down on the front stretch if needed to let them enter turn one ahead. If not, go low and inside, they will blow by on the outside, it's easy enough to drop it into 2nd and pass them on the inside when they start going wide outside.

Second gear? Ha, never for me, no point. No lower than 3rd for me. And if you don't get a move in at T1, wait for the second right turn, T5. They go just wide enough to allow you to squeeze in on the inside, cleanly.

800px-Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg.png

Don't battle for position at T4 either, they'll push you out as they don't often budge from their line.

I'm really close to 5,000 miles at Daytona now. :crazy:

Second gear? Ha, never for me, no point. No lower than 3rd for me. And if you don't get a move in at T1, wait for the second right turn, T5. They go just wide enough to allow you to squeeze in on the inside, cleanly.

Don't battle for position at T4 either, they'll push you out as they don't often budge from their line.

Yes, T5 is the place to pass on the inside!

The AI are pretty cheeky at turn 6 you go for the inside and think you've made a clean pass but they take quite a wide line so end up braking far later than their usual granny efforts. Which means they turn in on you even if you clearly have the inside line.

Yeah it's not a big deal but I always try and pass cleanly so what appears to be bumping and barging my way through kinda irks me.

Go with 2 up front and 0 rear for brakes. Suspension go with 0 toe and camber.

Thanks for this Skea and Cory for your suggestion as well.

The Viper is tamed now but I just went too conservative on the power (820ish) rather than the wild 1000+ it was before... and I left my gearing for the increased power so it was rather slow in a straight line. Finished a respectable fourth with a very rapid third stint leaving two Pescarolos in my wake.

I'd love to give the Viper GTS a win on the 15th anniversary of its win in the real life 2000 Daytona 24 Hours. But I'm having some major issues with stability under breaking, basically the car wants to swap ends especially coming into to the tricky turn one.

Is there any suggestions in regards to brake balance and suspension settings that would help the car be more stable?

I had a couple messages asking what setup I used on the Viper, this is it.
Ran hard on lap two to see what I would do, 1:30 without draft, did two stops with RH's.

685pp/1055hp

55/55
17.5/20.25
3/3
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
5/3 BB
LSD 9/13/5
500/700 DF
137 max. speed
2.774 FG

image.jpg

this seasonal aggitates me like sensetive skin , i got no higher than 3rd i Tired the Furai , the 905, the 908 , '05 R8, R10Stealth ,and R18 but no matter how hard i try .....i almost cry joy tears when a C1 or P1 is Caught in the Busstops Warth , i hate how you get a 12 sec pen because a Random XJR9 Rear Ends you , and dont get me Started on the Domino effect Pen for Hitting or Rubbing the wall , i almost used the Deltawing too

Bought a GT-One to do this event, nothing but an oil change, so I had only around 670pp. Good car except that it lacks traction and isn't friendly to its tyres. Only managed 5 laps on RH's, so ended up stopping twice. Still managed to win by over 15 seconds.

Didn't realize that SRF was on until I came here, but one silly little aid didn't stop me from having fun with it, nor should it be that big of a buzzkill for anyone.

Ran hard on lap two to see what I would do, 1:30 without draft, did two stops with RH's.

685pp/1055hp

55/55
17.5/20.25
3/3
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
5/3 BB
LSD 9/13/5
500/700 DF
137 max. speed
2.774 FG

View attachment 308233

Thank you for posting the settings for the Viper!!

The highest so far i got too is 4th, PD ruined what could of been a brilliant event by silly penalties, 10 seconds for rubbing the wall on the exit of the International Bus stop, when dodging a spinning R8? 🤬

The highest so far i got too is 4th, PD ruined what could of been a brilliant event by silly penalties, 10 seconds for rubbing the wall on the exit of the International Bus stop, when dodging a spinning R8? 🤬

There is a simple solution to these kinds of issues...don't run into things :sly:

Yes. Won it. In Pescarolo C60 Hybrid. First stint of 5 laps running low 1:30s, then second stint during the night running P4 in 1:34s. Had pit with 2 minutes left, came in from lead with a 26.5 came out level with second place and i just turned it up for last 2 lap on mediums, running 1:29 then 1:27.677 for final lap.

I tried it in a stock power Viper Oreca. 609pp. Yeah... no. Sounds really good though. Did the full soft/medium ARB/full aero treatment I do. Brakes worked best for me at 3/0 which might be because it's a bit front heavy. The 3 front totally took all the instability out. I started at 2/0, but wanted a little more. It'll stay with some cars for a little while until they decide to get back on the gas. I felt so helpless. :lol:

685pp/1055hp

55/55
17.5/20.25
3/3
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
5/3 BB
LSD 9/13/5
500/700 DF
137 max. speed
2.774 FG

View attachment 308233

I wish you posted more videos, that pass through 5 is killer, I could watch that on loop all day. One of my all time favorite cars, just can't drive it like you do. Thanks for posting the setup.

Not meaning to be a smart 🤬 and glad you took it as the joke it was meant to be...you never know around here sometimes :) The main point being you really need to just make a couple of runs and note where the ai messes up, it will be at the same spots all the time and adjust your driving accordingly 👍

i know, i can take joke no problems my friend. 👍

:gtpflag:

After a couple of months away from GT6, I never knew about this event until now!
Now I know what I'm gonna tonight.

Decided to give my new 908 a go. Didn't expect to do this well. Actually, I ran out of gas coming out of the Bus Stop Chicane on the last lap and limped home. Would've had multiple cars 2 laps down. :grumpy:
image.jpg

Decided to give my new 908 a go. Didn't expect to do this well. Actually, I ran out of gas coming out of the Bus Stop Chicane on the last lap and limped home. Would've had multiple cars 2 laps down. :grumpy:
View attachment 309927
I finished second at my first try with 908 because i pitted once and ran out of gas at your same point :lol:. Then i pitted twice and won by 40+ seconds :mischievous:

I finished second at my first try with 908 because i pitted once and ran out of gas at your same point :lol:. Then i pitted twice and won by 40+ seconds :mischievous:
I only stopped once. :) had I done twice I feel like I still would've lost a little bit more time.

I did it with the Furai after quite a few tries, I won when the lead 787B ran out of fuel on the last lap and slowed to 50mph just before the line.

Winning Cars list so far:

AMG Mercedes CLK LM
Audi R10
Audi R18 RM > RM
Audi R8 RM > RM > RS
Bentley Speed 8
BMW McClaren F1 GTR*
BMW V12 LMR RH > RH or RH > RH > RH
BMW Z4 GT3*
Camaro LM Race Car*
Chapparal 2D*
Chapparal 2J RH > RH > RH
Corvette Z06 C6 LM Race Car*
Courage Judd GV5 04
DeltaWing 2012 RM
DeltaWing 2013 RM or RH front, RM rear
Ferrari 330 P4* RM > RH
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II*
GT-R Concept LM* RH > RH > RM
HSV-010 GT '12*
Jaguar XJ13* RH > RH > RH
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mazda Furai
McClaren F1 GTR*
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92
Nomad Diablo GT-1* RH > RH > RH
Panoz GTR-1* RH > RH > RH
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Peugeot 905
Peugeot 908
Sauber C9
Supra GT-500* RH > RH > RH
Toyota 7 RH > RH > RH
Toyota GT-ONE
Toyota Minolta 88C-V
Toyota TS030
Vertigo Race Car*
Viper GTS-R* RH > RH > RH
XJ220 LM* RH > RH > RM
Zonda R* RH > RH > RH

* = only WhoosierGirl has won with these cars
edited to add BMW Z3

Last edited:

I have on occasion had some luck with, outside in on turn 3, 6 can go either, 7 is a toss up as the AI likes to swerve all over, late brake on the inside of turn 8, if closely following on the inside of 9 & 10 ( AI always on the outside) stay outside at 11, they seem to swim through 12 and really gas it down the frontstretch.

This race is great and the payout is good. I will be sad when it is gone.

Yeah, late braking into T8 is practically them giving you the position. Every time.

And you're right, only a few more days left! I think I'll go for a spin right now and earn back some of the 15 million I spent on the Miura today. 840,000 at a time.

Last edited:
Back