Daytona 24 Minute Race: Daytona Road Course

I think that with the Z4 GT3, too much rear downforce is as bad as too little; with 400/600 it shoots off the banking into the infield, but with 400/525 I have a hope of keeping it on the tarmac. Still can't string together clean laps with it, let alone win the race, mind you !

IMG_0215.JPG

Thanks Daytona. :sly:

I think that with the Z4 GT3, too much rear downforce is as bad as too little; with 400/600 it shoots off the banking into the infield, but with 400/525 I have a hope of keeping it on the tarmac. Still can't string together clean laps with it, let alone win the race, mind you !

To keep the Z3 from darting around on the banking you need to have a setup that is somewhat similar to a NASCAR setup, this is what I used.

55/75
19.0/20.0
3/3
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
.00/.00
5/5 BB
9/16/5
400/850

Two stops (end of laps 5 and 10) RH's both times and only 70 liters of fuel on last stop. I slowed down around 14 seconds on the last lap to not have to do the 15th lap but, there was enough fuel and tires to do another lap.

image.jpg image.jpg

I haven't been on since last week and had a couple messages asking for more pictures of what the results look like when you really lap the field. I can't really explain it any different than what has been already discussed earlier in this thread.
This is the only other picture I have of the whole field lapped that I haven't already posted.

11' R18 TDI

image.jpg

To keep the Z3 from darting around on the banking you need to have a setup that is somewhat similar to a NASCAR setup, this is what I used.

55/75
19.0/20.0
3/3
4/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
.00/.00
5/5 BB
9/16/5
400/850

Two stops (end of laps 5 and 10) RH's both times and only 70 liters of fuel on last stop. I slowed down around 14 seconds on the last lap to not have to do the 15th lap but, there was enough fuel and tires to do another lap.

View attachment 312165 View attachment 312166

I haven't been on since last week and had a couple messages asking for more pictures of what the results look like when you really lap the field. I can't really explain it any different than what has been already discussed earlier in this thread.
This is the only other picture I have of the whole field lapped that I haven't already posted.

11' R18 TDI

View attachment 312178

I concur doctor. It is a bit strange times and laps, but it can be seen. I have to TY for the Viper tune, though I am not worthy. Too much, head light to head light for me.

Field lapping is strange, but not too broken if any. I can't stop running this 905 with Praiano's tune. Just a bit final taller, I like to touch some second, gear. I really needed some bank so I only messed with a few cars and settled.

A pic for posterity, pit lap 6 and 11, take on 55 liters.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 11
My first try with the 787B only got me 5th, but I spun twice, went off after pit exit once, and misjudged my fuel level on my second stint. We'll see how I do the second time around with a different strategy.

Edit: Second time around was much better, winning by 10.5 seconds. Used a 2-stop strategy (you probably know when to pit by now), with RS ties and 46 liters of fuel on the 2nd stop to get 15 laps at full speed. Ran high 1.33s and low 1.34s the whole race. Time now to try this with the 908, the C60 Hybride, and the Minolta.

Edit 2: Screw it, I'm sticking with the Mazda.

Last edited:
I've been running this at least once each day just for the money :)

Using the 905B on RM's and only doing one pit. I've been starting out strong and then about mid-field on lap 3 I start drafting one of the faster cars. I do that for until lap 7. Then depending on whether a faster car comes along or I get bored, as long as my tires are good and I have enough fuel I run hard again. I pit in at the end of lap 8.

For some reason the 2nd place car follows me in and then exits first and I'm left waiting about 5 seconds (seems like minutes). This may be because I just take full fuel and the timing is due to the extra fuel. I hope I haven't been entering the pit lane too fast. No messages of penalties.

It's been fun having an event that pays out so well. And finding a car that can make it easy to win, but challenging to do it at the 24:01 mark and not have to run the extra 15th lap. Sometimes my opponents are too close or there are two that will try to pass on the last stretch, forcing me to pick up the pace just enough to cross at 23:59.

With the extra credits I purchased the Ferrari 250 (not the GTO). It has a good sound from inside the cockpit.

This may be because I just take full fuel and the timing is due to the extra fuel. I hope I haven't been entering the pit lane too fast. No messages of penalties.

but challenging to do it at the 24:01 mark and not have to run the extra 15th lap.

That's exactly why, the full tank. Added challenge is to find that exact amount you can put in and still finish before running out. I've gone in the pits way over 100 mph and never incurred a penalty. It's always waiting for the fuel to finish.

My best has been 24:00.144 - That's another challenge unto itself. :mischievous:👍

Last night of fun for this for me. I forgot to mention, I used RM tires on the above. Long stints single stop work well too. I have enjoyed all.

good god.... last place AND i was lapped! :(:grumpy: sauber c9 '89

normally i gold every single seasonal in GT5 & GT6 minus the rare couple a year

8,000cr for 24minutes, this is including the 200% bonus :crazy::dopey::rolleyes:

EDIT: second try with 908 that was mentioned a page or two ago... nope.amd64_polyphony.inf :banghead: well i beat the last guy (nissan) by a few secs

third try... was exciting, RM front RH rear, clean laps, i took pics at key moments like my highest position, every pit, etc (plus the replay is saved)

the result is........... 8th, 126,000cr

record position is 4th, if i just didnt have to pit on the second to last lap.... how are you all not shredding your tires? especially right rear

although maybe once or twice i could have driven one more lap, but it gets slippery when it drops to 2 'health'

Last edited:
How in the 🤬 are you shredding your tires in one lap! I have won this race in twenty different cars with RH tires and one stop, and the DeltaWing on 0 stops!

how are you all not shredding your tires? especially right rear

Haven't tried the 908, but I 1-stop the 905 all the time on RH on lap 7 going into 8. Never let tires go below 4. Try locking down the LSD to around 7/12/5 or so. It'll make you turn wide which saves tires. Also turn up TCS till you only hear minor squealing in T1. 2 or 3 should do it. Don't mash on the gas unless you're in at least 3rd gear. That's with a DS3. Then you only have to worry about running out of gas.

how are you all not shredding your tires? especially right rear

The suspension setting I used is what allowed my car's tires not to burn out so much and I was able to make use of a 3 stop strategy for the races. It also helps to feed the power in coming out of a corner as opposed to stamping down on it.

Forgot all about the Pug 908 Base, this has got to be one of the most balanced cars of them all. Pushing hard on RS I lapped the field on 2 stops, was able to 1 stop on RM and lapped them twice, here I was aiming for as near the 24 minute mark as I could ;)

20150219_143440.jpg

As far as not shredding tires, I raced all cars bone stock except one of the Audi's which I put a turbo on.
20150219_154003.jpg

Looks like that is about it for me. This event really helped me fill out my premium race car inventory, hope we get another soon :gtpflag:

I decided to run this event a couple of more times before it vanishes forever. Sadly, I didn't take advantage of the fantastic payout from this event - I probably only ran it 6 or 7 times. Anyway, I just finished a race and I experienced FIVE spin-outs at the bus stop! Five! I wasn't caught up in any of them, thank God, but I don't think I ever witnessed more than two spin-outs at the end of the bus stop chicane. Very crazy... :eek:

Even though I only ran this for two days, I ended up with twelve wins and a fifth in my efforts. The prize money let me purchase the C60 Hybride, the Minolta, the 2012 Deltawing, the F1 car, the M3 GT, the Sauber-Mercedes, and the Toyota GT-One, plus enough leftover to buy upgrades so I can tune my road cars. All in all, it wasn't a bad seasonal event.

Yeah bye bye event, wish i could try a few more cars on you. Ended up with 2 wins in a 787B(RH/RM/RM) and one fun close win(0,123 secs margin) with my favorite car R18(RM/RS/RS)...

Last edited:
I only ran it yesterday night. Had bad luck with the finish and passed the line 9 seconds before the timer ran out, so I got an extra lap and ran out of fuel right before the final straight. Good thing that the car in second place didn't pass the line until 7 seconds after the timer had run out :P

I was able to get to the 9th lap, as I pulled into the pit. What really increases mileage is drafting. With the 905b I could race to 1st place before pitting and make 8 laps, 9 laps only if I drafted at every chance and withheld passing for the later laps.

Most of the time I would run hard for the first 3 laps. That would get me to the middle of the pack where some faster cars were. Then I'd just draft until I saw another car ahead that I could catch in 1 lap. I won at the 24:00.2 to 24:00.7 a couple times, but most of the time I was running a 15th lap. The last race I ran hard start to finish, still drafting as much as possible and I lapped the field.

My best time was still just over 1:30 and my average when just trying to conserve fuel was 1:33 to 1:40. I even tried to slow the leaders down on the last lap so I could finish in 14 laps. Those are the times I finished just at the 24 minute mark.

This seasonal with the high payout for the 1 race has been the most fun to run. I was able to get over the 20 million credit mark for the first time. I purchased a few high dollar cars, but still don't own any of the 20 million dollar cars. I can't decide on which one. :)

This event should have been added as a permanent fixture to the game (as well as all other seasonals).

Why, PD? Whyyyy?

Goodbye best event in along time, I'll miss you.

Hated the track until I got you figured out.

Yup, well put. I won with the 787B, XJR-9, DeltaWing, Furai, R18 & LMR V12, was great.

Incidentally, many thanks to WhoosierGirl for the Z4 GT3 tune, I was able to lap consistently with it, although not fast enough to win before the event ended.

Goodbye best event in along time, I'll miss you.

Hated the track until I got you figured out.
I'm still not a fan of the track, but the event was very good. I'm kicking myself for not running it more than I did. I missed out on a LOT of credits. I do agree that this was probably one of the best events they've ever had because we actually had to worry about tire wear and fuel consumption. How many events have we had, in over one year of the GT6 servers being operational, where tires wear and fuel consumption was a factor? If you have to ask that question there is something severely wrong with the title claiming to be a "simulator". I know that, for me, just having to pay attention to my tread and fuel made this event a thousand times more exciting than any other event they've had. I probably liked that 600PP Nordschleife Seasonal Event a little bit more because I like the track a lot more, but this Daytona event was a real race...finally.

A real race. Exactly.

Well, it took me all of about an hour to gold the two hot lap events last night after work. Looks like it is back to Grid Auto-Sport and F1 for me until PD comes up with another race, or spec 2.0 or whatever they plan on doing with this game.

Lucky it took that long. Two tries and I was done.

Rally rally.

Yes, I have fun with the rally events now and then, but am horrible at them. Then I forgot and left the default settings on and really messed up the first few rounds. I tried the Suzuka event with the Cobra Daytona, not enough power and too long in the gears, but I love the sound. Could only bronze with it so I has to switch.

Back